Start by marking “Vampire's Kiss (Legion of Angels #1)” as Want to Read:
Vampire's Kiss (Legion of Angels #1)

Vampire's Kiss

(Legion of Angels #1)

Once you sip the Nectar of the gods, there’s no going back.

Leda Pierce is working as a paranormal bounty hunter on the Frontier, the dividing line between human civilization and the plains of monsters. Life is simple and the pay modest, but at least she has her family. That is, until a vampire hunt goes wrong and her brother goes missing, captured by the dark angels of he
Published October 14th 2016 by Night Spark Media

To ask other readers questions about Vampire's Kiss, please sign up.
Sandra Doesn't depend on font size for kindles, but Amazon does change page numbers. Since the question was asked, I see its changed again :)

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
It’s been a long time since I’ve been driven to dive into one book after another in a series. Legion of Angels hooked me with the first book, Vampire’s Kiss, and I couldn’t stop until I read them all. Now I’m left waiting for the sixth installment to come.

Note: This series does have some similarities to the Guild Hunters, but their are enough differences and unique qualities to make this something new and appealing. One similarity is that our heroine Leda has a backbone and talks back to the An
Vicky
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In my opinion a good book is one where the characters and plot stay with after you've finished reading and drive you crazy with the need to know more and you have an overpowering desperation to read the next in the series, right up until the moment you realise it hasn't been released yet then you inevitably slump into a book hangover. This is the stage I am now at.

I started reading Ella's new book with interest as I was keen to see how she would portray angels, gods and vampires and she did not
Isabella
I never thought I should see the day where a book with average writing would ruin my enjoyment of an awesome plot. But this book did just that, there were too many times where my suspension of disbelief just broke, and my annoyingly logic craving mind popped with 'This doesn't make sense'.
Lyndi W.
May 07, 2017 marked it as d-n-f
I didn't make it very far, so this comparison may fall flat further on, but this feels like a really bad Guild Hunter rip-off. Remember when Elena meets Raphael for the first time and she gets a little sassy until he quickly reminds her he's a super powerful murderous bastard? Imagine that scene, but with less impressive characters, and Elena just keeps going and making it worse and digging herself a deeper hole with flippant and disrespectful comments while Raphael's comments drip with disdain ...more
Marguerite (M)
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommended to Marguerite (M) by: Mac
Shelves: to-review
This book has been recommended to me twice in the last 24 hours. I think I found my next read.

And oh surprise! Let's clean the never ending TBR!

Rating : 3.5 stars

A bit cheesy and silly at some point but basically a good and interesting first book. Let's go read the next one!

full review to come
♛ Garima ♛
I generally don't like covers showing girls in some heroic poses (with minimum clothing) all blonde and beautiful...but this cover attracted attention because it came up as kindle-unlimited recommendations and I thought what I have got to lose?

For my liking I had lot of issues with this book which I will address later on but somehow the story and setting reminded me of Vampire Academy and well defined Gods, Angel and demon system is so fascinating, it held my interest.

Leda is looking for his k
Jeanny
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Hell of a cliffhanger ending. I've mixed feelings about this book but I do think the slightly apocalyptic story arc & my curiosity about the demons is interesting enough to read book 2.
Ira
I’m in the mood to read about a super kickass heroine!
I found one, her name is Leda.
And the hero?
He is an angel 😘

The book is on KU ❤
Annette  Dahl "Old Vicarious Reader"

This may be a first, (if not the first it was so long ago I've forgotten ), a prologue giving the basic information needed to understand the paranormal plot. What a concept, and I loved it!

This story was action packed. No romance, but on to book 2.
Vicky
3.5 I might even give a 4 when I'm done with the other books.
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
For the first book this was amazing, The author painted such a vivid picture of the post apocalyptic world. The plot was intense and gripping i'm eager to see how it all turns out

I am withholding my 5 star due to the characters, i felt there personalities seemed to flutter about alot Nero went from stoic to chuckling to guzzling drugs... Leda was stubborn and brave but occasionally cruel the other characters were a little bland... But for such a short book it really was exceptional, fingers cros
Rhiannon Chillingworth
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
It feels like a long time since I read a good old fashioned Urban Fantasy book, after my Year long fall into the Reverse Harem rabbit hole, and I really enjoyed this, apart from one small thing, which I'll get to in a bit.

For me, the has all of the ingredients which make a good UF book: good world building, good plot, with a pair of characets with sizzling chemistry in what is clearly going to be a good slow burn romance. I love Nero!

My only quibble is that Leda is a little too much of a special
Ashley
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I didn’t love this but I didn’t hate it either. I always think the first books in this type of urban fantasy series are kind of slow though, so I’ll read the next ones to see if it picks up. I like the idea of the Legion in this, and the angels and demons at war. The plot is actually really good but I had trouble with the characters. Leda was okay, but not my favorite heroine ever.
anjuli
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
In a world, where the Gods and Demons fought the war, created their own monsters and left the humans with picking up the pieces. The Gods granted them magic so as to balance out the monsters with the humans. The world is full of vampires, shapeshifters, witches and to maintain the peace the legions of angels who in itself are ruthless.

Leda, has no magic and is a bounty hunter and leads a normal yet, busy life along with her foster family. One day a routine hunt goes awry and her brother goes mi
C.J.
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read. Some of the best world building I've ever read. Leda was such an awesome character - strong, sarcastic and special. Nero certainly got my blood pumping and the energy between the two is electric. The story is just starting to show reveal and I can't wait to see where it goes. Bring on book 2! Highly recommend.
Kate
May 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
KISS OF DEATH

I bought this book because of the reviews. Which is why I felt compelled to write THIS review, even though I could only make it a quarter of the way through this book (and that with gritted teeth).

It started well - nice action setting in what looked to be a really interesting world. Then it went down hill from there. Very rapidly. In a nutshell the book is very poorly written, exhibiting a considerable lack of maturity in character development, character scripting and plot developme
Runningrabbit
An arse-kicking, tough heroine and sexy angels. We have vicious vampires, and an oncoming war. An excellent read, shame I have to wait for the next novel. Grrrr.
Tiffany
1.5 Stars. I don't understand where all of the 5 star ratings came from, but I'll be continuing the series anyway.
Allie
I was pleasantly surprised with this book. The title, the cover, the hard-to-get-right subject matter, the fact that none of my Goodreads friends have read it...I was convinced it was going to be a flop. But I liked it!

In the beginning the MC's attitude made me think of Kate Daniels (from the Magic Bites series by Ilona Andrews); at first that put me off because I love Kate Daniels -- and there can be only one. But it didn't take me long to get over the fact that of course other characters will
Bookgyrl
Leda lives with her family (not by blood, but family none the less) in Purgatory and they make a living as bounty hunters. The world is ruled by the gods, who use a Legion of angels to fight the demons that roam the Earth.
When her brother is abducted Leda finds the only way to contact him and get him back is to join the Legion and get to the ninth level, to get a certain magic she needs to contact him. So she joins the Legion, and once joined you can never leave.

From the initiation to the firs
Sharon Mariampillai
Thank you Sharon J for recommending this series to me. This was an amazing read. Ella Summers is my new favourite artist. The story was amazing. There was action, suspense and plot twists. The characters were amazing as well. Leda Pierce, the main character, is badass. I really loved her attitude. She is snarky as hell and I love it. Her banter with Nero was a bonus in this book because I thought that they were really cute together. Nero is a Colonel and a member of the Legion of Angels. He is a ...more
Spax
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, favorites
Oh boy, where do I even start?

I picked up this book with the expectation of it being a knockoff of a favorite series of mine, the Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh. As I kept reading I noticed a lot of similarities but the further I got into the book the more it became clear that it has its own unique style, story, and characters. And I absolutely loved it.

You have Leda, the incredibly witty and spunky main character. You can argue she's a Mary-Sue and I wouldn't disagree, but at least she's
Bethyboo ღ The Book Addict ღ
This reminds me a lot of the Guild Hunter series but sadly this series can't even hold a candle to that masterpiece that Nalini Singh created. It's still a good book. Nothing to write home about, but it also didn't put me to sleep so i'm happy with having read it.
Stephaniec
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Re-read
Forgot too much and Fairy’s Touch is out so going through it again

3/4*
This one is hard for me to rate and I'm not even sure why. I read it quickly and was engaged in the story
But the more I think about it there was just something..........not sure yet if I will read book 2
Kaisa "Giga"
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
I so did not enjoy this book. Full of stereotypical, one-dimensional characters and annoying shortcuts. World was flat and not interesting. Beginning was promising but it went down fast, hence the two stars. I wont buy the next installement in this series
Mac
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
BLOODY HELL THIS IS AWESOME
Tanya Davis
Jul 17, 2017 rated it liked it
In Vampire's Kiss, the first in the Legion of Angel's series, we meet Leda. She is a bounty hunter in this world where humans are restrained within walls to keep the monsters out. That doesn't include vampires and angels as they live behind the walls too. A great war between the demons and angels has separated the world. Some humans have been granted powers to try and help defeat the monsters.

The Legion of Angel's is like an elite law enforcement agency. However, the further up the ranks you get
Lidia
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Hell yeah!

What do you call it when Magic Bites meets Angels' Blood, Halfway to the Grave and Full Moon Rising? Another awesome series.

Actually, this book is so not a copy of those series, but there are few similarities, so if you liked them, I think you could also like this book (and vice versa).

But let's get to the point.

World building: intriguing. I'd like to discover more, hopefully in the next book (expecially about the war which led to the actual situation).

Characters: I. Liked. Them. All.
soph
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: all-the-supes, pnr
So I was just sitting in RH mansion flirting between chats about blue things and new releases when gaby SQUEELS — “this book! Read this book!!!! “

Ok ok I get it, so off I pop to the heretics island to read this book.

Devours book in 1 night ... ooookkaaayyy

*twirls around with one hand on my hip and the other in a spout motion singing to self .... “I’m a special snow flake short and stout, here is my handle, here is my spout... I’m so very special just read this book and see !!! Special snow fl
Pranjal ginde
Mar 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
A friend of mine, whose choice I tend to trust recommended this horse shit pretty vehemently... And for that reason and that reason only did I grit my teeth and read this craptastic fuckjob cover to cover. (BTW when people say bad words around me I scream 'hey watch your language'. So yea saying I'm frustrated is a massive understatement). Anyway let's get to discussing everything that's wrong with this surprising published bag of manure.

I admit the premise and the plot are good, interesting rea

• Darkness Taunts (The Sensor, #2)
  • Eternal Damnation (The Amagarians, #3)
  • Stolen Magic (Shadows of the Immortals, #1)
  • Heart of Malice (Alice Worth, #1)
  • Midnight Poison (The Paranormal Poisons Saga, #1)
  • High Stakes (Bo Blackman, #3)
  • Claiming the Dragon King (The Elite Guards #2)
  • Little Morning Star (Wicked Crown, #1)
  • King Cave (Forever Evermore, #2)
  • Demon Ash (Resurrection Chronicles, #3)
  • Cherished (Demon's Mark, #6)
  • Walking in the Dark (Ollie Wit, #2)
  • Vampire Charming (Not Another Vampire, #2)
  • The Aether Witch (The Coven: Elemental Magic #6)
Ella Summers has been writing stories for as long as she could read; she's been coming up with tall tales even longer than that. One of her early year masterpieces was a story about a pigtailed princess and her dragon sidekick. Nowadays, she still writes fantasy. She likes books with layered plots, lots of action and adventure, and a touch of romance. When she is not busy writing or spending time ...more

Legion of Angels (8 books)
  • Witch's Cauldron (Legion Of Angels #2)
  • Siren's Song (Legion Of Angels #3)
  • Dragon's Storm (Legion of Angels #4)
  • Shifter's Shadow (Legion of Angels #5)
  • Psychic's Spell (Legion of Angels #6)
  • Fairy’s Touch (Legion of Angels Book 7)
  • Angel's Flight (Legion of Angels Book 8)