Start by marking “Like a Fly on the Wall” as Want to Read:
Like a Fly on the Wall

Like a Fly on the Wall

From talented debut author Simone Kelly comes this suspenseful novel that crackles with intrigue, sex, and plenty of surprises—perfect for fans of Eric Jerome Dickey and Carl Weber.

Meet Jacques Berradi. Moroccan-born and Manhattan-raised, his genuine, sexy-smooth allure goes hand in hand with a unique gift. Since Jacques was young, he has had the ability to read peoples’ e
Published July 11th 2017 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Like a Fly on the Wall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Like a Fly on the Wall

Start your review of Like a Fly on the Wall
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

You are a precious jewel. You don’t need to be treated like a cubic zirconia.

I can only take Vince in small doses… He’s like an Italian Shrek. He bites his nails down to the nub. He’ll burp, fart, talk loud on the phone like ain’t nobody in there with him.

He knew how to do so much by saying so little.

I’m getting paid to nosy. It’s a girls dream come true!

My Review:

Like a Fly On the Wall proved to be a unique read. An interesting hybrid of women’s fiction, adult contemporary roma
Dorothy
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was AWESOME! I've never read a mystery before but I will start reading more of them from here on out! :)
Jael
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
For a while I was staring at a blank screen. I wasn't sure how to describe Like a Fly on the Wall by Simone Kelly. It's a book with a lot of different themes: romance, suspense, family drama, and mysticism. In my opinion, there isn't really a plot. I don't say that as a bad thing. The lack of a traditional plot works here and let me tell you why!

The characters and how they interact are what make this book work. Jacques Berradi is a good-looking and intelligent man--with a unique talent. Ever sin
Paige
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great first book!! I would have liked a little more closure at the end for Kylie and Jacques, but overall good read.
HelenRLittle
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy. Tense. Fun. Suspenseful. Great characters I found myself invested in!
Angelina
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to know what happens with Jacques can we get a sequel
Faith
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read! I didn't want to put it down once I started. It was easy to identify with the characters and get caught up in their circumstances. I will be looking for more books by this author.
Josette Carter
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Throughly enjoyed reading "Like A Fly on the Wall". An easier page turner that you can get done in a few days. The characters will have you thinking and wondering and just maybe, jump on a plane to Morocco. Oh yes Jacques Berradi is all that and a bag of chips. You will definitely enjoy this ....Happy Reading...
Jennifer Banas
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a FANTASTIC book!! I highly recommend it’s
Cathy
Jun 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: goodreads
I received this book after entering a goodreads drawing.

This is an adult book from the beginning. There is little story and character development so I found what little story was presented a bit boring. Not until the book was almost ending did a story come to light.
Ayanna Cook
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book! Can't wait until part 2!
Ann Mclellan
A little shocking at first, but once I got used to the style, the writing is interesting. The story didn't end, but then the author says she is writing a series of further adventures of the same characters. Parts are a bit too steamy for my taste, but the main characters are well-developed and interesting.
Nicole Taylor
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Read !

I loved the book overall it was full of mystery, twists and turns it was sexy and intriguing. But i was shocked at the ending and hoping that there is a sequel because i felt like there was so much more to the story and questions that i had.
Gia
***** Complicated review for this one with a 3 star rating. Scroll down to see some of my thoughts. Full review over at G. Jacks Writes (About Everything) ****

I had a lot of mixed feelings about his book because I really liked most of the characters, the chemistry, the natural flirtation, the humor and brutally honest elements of this book came across beautifully. I found big portions of what Kylie and Jacques thought and said resonated with thoughts I've had or similar to how I might react in
Susan
May 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Gosh, I liked the book because of the eclectic characters and how easily they move through each other's world. That possibility was due to what clearly is the author's strength - understanding and interacting in various cultures. I smelled the Moroccan food being in Jacques' mom's kitchen, briefly brunched in Jamaica with Aunt Daphne, and always on the look out for Jacques' 'law and order' Puerto Rican girlfriend Vicky how have every right to be jealous of his female clients. They are all single ...more
Kim Melso
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
*I received this book from goodreads giveaways* I really liked this story and the characters involved however, I felt like the book was unfinished. The ending left many plots still open and I feel like the book needed a few more chapters, especially to close out Kylie's plot. Otherwise the story telling was great and the characters were intriguing. They had interesting back stories and how Jacques and Kylie met was unique but also realistic. I liked how Jacques abilities were discussed, made it ...more
R J Mckay
I received a copy of this book from Goodreads in exchange for a review.

I really hate to write a bad review. I keep thinking I must have missed something. But, this story simple did not grab me. The plot was good, but the story took too much time meandering all over the place, that I had to remind myself what the tale was really about.
Laura Beasley
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Laura by: Won a copy on Goodreads First Reads
Shelves: first-reads
I won a copy of this book on Goodreads First Reads Giveaway. The author has a talent for writing but the story line was not to my interests. I don't really care for the talking to the dead and paranormal things. The story had lots of people and I felt like at the end it was left dangling and you wondered what happens to some of the people. The people had rather dysfunctional lives and each had their own problems to deal with. Jacques was the main character who could hear from spirits and the sto ...more
Sara
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
This was a DNF at 30%. I got a hundred pages in and there was no plot, and I didn't have any desire to keep reading to see if one ever appeared.

**I received an ARC from the publisher via Edelweiss. All opinions are my own.**
Isabelle
This book brought a lot of information of the Psychic world.
ΔPurpleΔ
Can't put this book down. Definitely a good read ! Great debut !
Cheryl
Aug 01, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier
  • The Homemade Kitchen: Recipes for Cooking with Pleasure
  • Half Baked Harvest Super Simple: More Than 125 Recipes for Instant, Overnight, Meal-Prepped, and Easy Comfort Foods: A Cookbook
  • The Prairie Table: Suppers, Potlucks & Socials: Crowd-Pleasing Recipes to Bring People Together
  • Dirty Food
  • Bleachers
  • At First Sight (Jeremy Marsh & Lexie Darnell, #2)
  • Runaway Ralph (Ralph S. Mouse, #2)
  • Hakeem & Tasia: A Brick City Love Story
  • Canada
  • The Summer That Made Us
  • Hakeem & Tasia 3: A Brick City Love Story
  • Simon the Fiddler
  • Last Bus to Wisdom
  • My Sister’s Lies
  • If We Were Giants
  • Holding Onto Forever (Beaumont - Next Generation, #1)
  • The Widower's Tale

Novelist Simone Kelly has managed to bring love, dating, mystery, the supernatural and all of her other passions into the all-encompassing realm of storytelling. This includes business, since Kelly used to write books and draw its illustrations as far back as the third grade, when her mother made copies for her to sell in school.

The New Yorker’s playful sense of humor and love of adventure develop