Start by marking “NCIS New Orleans: Crossroads” as Want to Read:
NCIS New Orleans: Crossroads

NCIS New Orleans: Crossroads

(NCIS New Orleans #1)

NCIS is charged with apprehending dangerous and elusive criminals that pose a threat to the nation’s security. In a city that keeps surviving disaster, one elite team is dedicated to making its shores a little safer.

During the famous Mardi Gras parade, a young Naval oceanographer plunges to his death from a hotel balcony. It’s up to Pride and his crew to investigate. But
Published March 28th 2017 by Titan Books

To ask other readers questions about NCIS New Orleans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about NCIS New Orleans

Start your review of NCIS New Orleans: Crossroads
Marina
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
NCIS along with CSI are my favourite tv shows. So, when I got the chance to read and review this book, I simply couldn’t say NO. NCIS set up in New Orleans is one of a kind because it doesn’t involve military cases and murders only, but also the culture and uniqueness of New Orleans itself.

Imagine spending your vacation in New Orleans at the time of Mardi Gras. Everyone is looking at the parade. Costumes everywhere. Suddenly there is a body in the crowd. A body that falls from a terrace, from a
Elizabeth
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Not a bad TV show tie in. The characterisation is pretty true to the show, although a bit clunkily done at times. I have two main niggles though:

1. Why is the cover of the book the S1 DVD cover when the book is set in s3? (Having Brody on the cover is very misleading; it's actually Gregorio-and-Sebastian-era).
2. How dare they cop out of writing Gregorio into the story?! There should always be Gregorio.
3. It went very preachy at the end.
Helen
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a very long standing fan of Scott Bakula, I love the N.C.I.S: New Orleans series on tv, and was thrilled when I came across this companion book. It came into the library where I work, and I snapped it up. The characterisation is good, and the story compelling.
I might have given it 5 stars but for one tiny thing, that nevertheless bugged me enormously the whole time I was reading it....
The story features Sonja Percy, a character I really like.
The cover features Meredith Brody, another characte
Sharon
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun romp of a whodunnit in the milieu of one of my favorite television shows. In this outing, a Naval officer is thrown from a hotel balcony and lands on the trident of King Poseidon during a Mardi Gras krewe parade. Needless to say, the gang from NCIS NOLA is on the job in pretty quick order.

I enjoyed this book not only for the tightly constructed mystery, but also for its walk through the streets of a city I love. I was able to follow the geography and know that the author had done
Anne
Oct 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. It reminded me of an episode of the show. The cover is a bit misleading. The book has Sonja and Gregorio and does not have Meredith (who I miss by the way.) I did love the fact the Sonja was in the book (I miss her as well), she has such chemistry with Lesalle and they were so good together. The story was well written and interesting. I hope they publish more.
Brooke
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: based-on-tv
Good characterization

Plot was good, I could see it lifted right from the show. The characters were true himself and it was nice to see a peek into their internal thought processes as well. I would read more from this author.
Christina
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reads just like you were watching an episode. That being said the cover is very deceiving as I would place this around season 3 with Percy and Gregario (although she wasn't in the book) and Brody was already gone.
Adam Spinks
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is good book

It is good read and I'd read it again because it's a really good read and it is good 👍
Andrew Kirkhouse
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

An interesting read, I love the NCIS programs on television and this was up there with them
Easy enjoyable read
Rima
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Worth the read

I always enjoy books where I know the characters. Definitely worth reading if you watch the TV show . it stayed true to the characters.
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Stays true to the TV Series just like his 3 Criminal Minds novels
Pauline Anne
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
TV tie-in. Great series , book follows the characters to a tee. Interesting plot set during Mardi Gras.
Margarette Kramer
Mar 30, 2020
Kandi Chalberg
Apr 14, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hems and Homicide (Apron Shop #1)
  • Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years
  • Silver Linings (A Hope Herring Mystery #1)
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #22)
  • In Your Court
  • My Love Lies Bleeding (Drake Chronicles, #1)
  • When He Was Bad (includes Magnus Pack, #3.5)
  • Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3)
  • Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6)
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
  • NCIS: Los Angeles: Bolthole
  • Blind Side (FBI Thriller, #8)
  • House of the Rising Son (Dark Hunter #22.5; The Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #28)
  • Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)
  • Dark Bites (Dark-Hunter #22.5; Hellchaser, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5; Were-Hunter, #3.5)
  • Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9)
  • NCIS: Los Angeles: Extremis
  • Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2)
Award-winning author Jeffrey J. Mariotte has published more than 30 novels, including horror epic The Slab, award nominated teen horror quartet Witch Season, and the recent supernatural thrillers River Runs Red and Missing White Girl, in addition to tie-in novels and many, many comic books. He is also co-owner of specialty bookstore Mysterious Galaxy in San Diego. He lives in southeastern Arizona. ...more

News & Interviews