Start by marking “Trusting You And Other Lies” as Want to Read:
Trusting You And Other Lies

Trusting You And Other Lies

USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Nicole Williams delivers a seductive summer romance worth swooning over. Perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen and Stephanie Perkins.

Phoenix can't imagine anything worse than being shipped off to family summer camp. Her parents have been fighting for the past two years—do they seriously think being crammed in a cabin with Phoenix
Published June 20th 2017 by Crown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Trusting You And Other Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trusting You And Other Lies

Christy
4 stars!!!

photo 18765586_10103841673257868_1990410011676831258_n_zps59vvwv0g.jpg

Trusting You & Other Lies is one of those books I saw the cover of, and knew I had to read. The fact that it was a Nicole Williams book made me want to read it even more. This was a great coming of age story, where the romance sort of took a back seat to the growth of the heroine.

Phoenix has a rocky family life, so going to a camp with her entire family all summer is not her idea of fun. Luckily, she has her little brother Harrison on her side. They’re in it together. Phoenix ge
Tetty Marlinda
#65 for 2017 RC
Genre : YA Contemporary Romance

When I picked up this book, I did not read any review, unlike my habit. So I can say I did the gambling chosen this book. I never read Nicole Williams' books before and I did not know her at all.
Maybe the gambling and the unknown is good. The book come out quiet good. The slow pace not made me stop reading it, but rather slow to finish it, blame it to my busy schedule at work.
The story about Phoenix, 17 year old girl, whose family became fall apart a
Reanell Tisdale
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
5 stars!

Nicole Williams has done it again. PERFECTION! Trusting You and Other Lies sucked me in from the start and kept me there until the end. I laughed, I cried, I swooned and fell in love with Callum and Phoenix. This YA story will be one I don't soon forget.

I love reading YA books. Some of my favorite books ever are YA. So when I heard Nicole Williams was writing one, I was chomping at the big to get my hands on it. At 35% I had tears streaming down my face, which is typical with a NW book.
Carlene Inspired
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

I love young adult and new adult novels, I don't think there is an age limit on your genre tastes, so I can safely say I am a massive, one-click fan of Sarah Dessen. Nicole Williams' Trusting You & Other Lies is of the same caliber, that is to say, amazing. In recent years I have read far more adult novels, but this new release made me remember why I love YA/NA reads so much. The feelings, the endless possibilities, the lessons we learn at that a
Shannon Moore
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
When I first heard that this book was going to be taking place at a summer camp and with camp counsellors, I jumped on this opportunity like white on rice. As a teenager, I went to summer camp for years and then when I was fifteen, I started working there for the summer. It was the best thing ever. Two days after school ended, you pack everything up and live with your friends for two and a half months out of the year. Doing this until I went to college, I got a pretty good handle on how camps wo ...more
Ellie
Apr 11, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Pros:
~ Is there??? Anything???
~ I guess Harry was kind of cute

Cons:
~ WHERE DO I START?
~ The classism. So much. SO much.
~ The message to be obtained: if you don’t go to college, private school,
AND have money/trust fund/Range Rovers, you are not worthy
~ THE MAIN CHARACTER’S NAME IS PHOENIX
~ The romance is shallow and uninspired
~ “I’m the best big sister in the whole wide world, everybody knows this”
~ The writing is at best basic and at worst laughably unnatural

I really… hated this.

I can’t even sa
Chelsey Ellice
Loved this book. I wasn’t sure what to expect and wasn’t sure if it would be completely different to what I love but it’s up there with books I have loved. Loved seeing the friendship grow into love
Bookphenomena (Micky)
YA is where I first fell in love with Nicole Williams' writing (YA PNR to be precise) and so it was lovely to be be back in this genre. This is a book that is refreshingly low on angst and yet full on story, with characters that epitomise the genre correctly. It is a niggle of mine when YA books have teens acting like 20-year olds but both Callum and Phoenix were age-appropriate with sometimes ill-thought and impulsive decision-making, one moment mature and other times a little immature. This is ...more
Bonnie-Anne Carmichael (Love Triangles Are Fucking Stupid.)
This was super cute and swoony. I didn't like the conflict at the end though. But I really loved the lovely epilogue and I'm so glad it was there.
Paige (Illegal in 3 Countries)
I read about twenty pages and came across the following passage:

I'd only been wandering for a few minutes--I didn't want my dad to go totally ape-poop waiting for his precious Wi-Fi password--but it was enough for me to realize that Camp SomethingOrOther could have been a lot worse.

It's simply impossible for me to what I'm reading seriously when "apeshit" gets replaced by "ape-poop" or there's any other switcheroo of cuss words to keep the book "clean" in language. Either use the cuss word outri
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
Phoenix is a teenager who is more than a little unhappy about spending the summer at Camp Kismet with her family after her dad lost his job. Things with her family haven't been all that great so this is supposed to be a way to sort of work through it all. The silver lining for Phoenix is that she got a job as a camp counselor, so she can save up for the car she's been wanting and possibly avoid her parents at the same time. She didn't plan things being so hard, and meeting Callum along the way.

T
Berit☀️✨
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sometimes we lie to those we love to protect them, and somehow this always seems to backfire.....

Phoenix is forced to go to summer camp with her parents, the summer between her junior and senior year in high school.... she is already very angry with them because they have been keeping things from her, and this is going to be the worst summer of her life, or so she thinks.... OK, there was a romance in this book and it was cute and sweet and all that, but phoenixes family dynamics were what inter
Hana Bilqisthi
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Surprised! Surprised!
The pace in this book is really slow which I usually hate but I like it this book despite being slow paced.
I feel related to Phoenix in term ambitious, driven, thinking in black and white and having trust issues.
I thought this book going to be sweet, fun and light reading one.
But I think it was deeper and has serious problem. (view spoiler)
I had mix feeling about this revelation because I like the issue i
Sana Zameer
A very cute coming of age story that readers of all ages can relate to.
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

I don’t read a whole lot of YA books these days, but Nicole Williams is one of those authors whose books I will *always* read, no matter the age group or genre. I love her writing, her characters and the story she tells with them. She never disappoints. Trusting You & Other Lies is the latest in a long list of books written by her that I’ve loved.

This book was of the “read in one sitting” variety for me. It was fun and pretty light, but with
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

This is exactly the kind of "sweet" book I like to read. Despite it being a YA book I related a lot to both the story and the characters.

It's a great light read and I definitely recommend it! I love coming-of-age romances, but not all of them are good as Trusting You & Other Lies and I'm really glad I read it!

Phoenix was a great characters and we can see how she grew up over summer. Callum is my kind of guy and I have a crush on him for sure
Three Chicks
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review by Trinette Dungee

Phoenix is going into her senior year in high school and rather than spending her summer like she imagined, hanging with friends and pretty much doing nothing, she’s spending it at a family summer camp. While at the camp she is hired to be a counselor and she meets Callum. A self-proclaimed reformed bad-boy, Callum’s had a rough go at life and the only bright times seemed to be the time he spends at the camp. He’s totally hot and Phoenix can’t quite seem to figure him ou
Nancy
Let me start off by saying that I will reading anything Nicole Williams puts out, synopsis unread.
Knowing this, imagine my excitement when I saw this one up for request! It's been a while since I read a YA book by her so I couldn't wait.

Phoenix and her family plan to spend the summer at Camp Kismet, something she is definitely not happy about. Not to mention things with her family haven't been all that great so this is sort of a way for them to work through it all.
While I am obviously a fan of
Samantha (WLABB)
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, romance, contemporary
Rating: 3.5 Stars

This one really ticked off all the right boxes for me. It was such a sweet romance/coming-of-age story, and there were so many things I loved about this story.

I was sort of won over with the whole family summer camp thing. It was a great setting for this story, and I thought Williams used it brilliantly. This was a story of a broken family in need of healing. Phoenix's father had lost his job two years prior, and had not been able to get his mojo back. That, coupled with her par
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
2.5-3 stars!
This book was just meh for me. I feel awful saying that when I LOVE this author but I think I am finally realizing that YA is not my thing.
It took me longer than normal to read this book which is a real indication of how I felt about the story.
I love romance and while I liked the last 60%-70% of the book when things finally start happening between them, I was honestly more into the family story - the story of Phoenix, her brother Harry and her parents.
I was angry at her parents for
Deniz
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
MichellemyBelle
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen-and-ya, arc
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.***

A sweet, easy to read coming of age story. Phoenix in all her teenage angst. (Nicely portrayed. I wanted to smack her and hug her all at the same time. My usual response to seemingly moody, infuriating teenagers). What stands out with Phoenix though, is her basic need to be told the truth by her failing parents. She has single handedly taken on the role of fierce protector and champion of her 10 year old brother Harry, whilst her parents try to
Carol Oliveira
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trusting You & Other Lies is a coming of age summer love story.

Phoenix was expecting to spend her summer in California with her friends, but her parents decide to spend it on a family summer camp. Even though her little brother is thrilled by the idea, Phoenix isn’t the least bit excited to spend the entire summer away from her home, especially when she knows her parents are keeping huge secrets from her and her brother.

However, family summer camp isn’t what she expected from day one. It tur
Tanya Vought
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was a breath of fresh air compared to what I've been reading lately. I enjoy a good YA and Trusting you and Other Lies was just what I needed.

This book is another sweet, amazing, read by this author. It comes to terms how teenagers feel, mixed with reality and how families interact. It also shows you that teenagers can overcome their fears, become wise, help others and potentially fall in love.

If you're looking for a sweet YA read this is your book! Trust me, you'll fall in love with
Naomi
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

Trusting You and Other Lies was such a cute read!! It started with Phoenix and her family heading to the mountains to spend the Summer at a camp. She didn't want to go and resented her parents for making her go because things were a little strained between both her parents, and herself. She was still close with her younger brother and I liked seeing her protect him when she could.

Phoenix took on a councillor role at the camp, so she could earn some cash ov
Jessa
3.5ish. I forgot how much I like YAs in a summer camp setting. The whole family-camp thing made it a little weird and felt like an unnecessary addition considering that her parents presence really felt like an afterthought at times despite being the driving force of the plot, but it was a fun book.
Suzanne
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, favorites
Loved this book... breath of fresh air. Nicole went back to her YA roots that I fell in love with.
Rebecca
It’s no secret of my adoration for Nicole Williams, and I was thrilled when she announced her return to YA. It has been too long since she’s written in this genre. Trusting You and Other Lies is a delightful coming of age story and reminded me of how well Williams writes contemporary YA. I adored Phoenix and her journey of self discovery.

“Our destiny is always waiting for us. It’s right in front of us, all the time. Sometimes we just need a place and a time to be reminded of that.”

Flagstaff, AZ
Amy
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Let's start with the obvious: that name. Phoenix. It's so obvious and yet so unnecessary. It's also a dead giveaway for any sort of inherent conflict in this book: you know she will rise from the ashes.

The good news is that Nicole Williams does so many things right with this book that you can overlook the name of her main character.

From the start, it's clear that Phoenix will need to rise from several sets of ashes. There is her family's situation, which is real and heartbreaking (props
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
Trusting You & Other Lies was a sweet coming of age story. This book had a cute romance, but it was nice that it actually took a backseat to the main plot of character development. I love romance, but I thought this other made a wise choice to have this story focus more on the main character and have the romance be on the side.

The main character, Phoenix, was a sassy and headstrong character. To be honest, I really did like her at first. I thought she was rude, petty, judgmental, immature,
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • What If She Does
  • Arabesque
  • The Hoodie Girl
  • The First to Know
  • Beach Wedding (Butler Cove, #4)
  • Awkwardly Ever After (Smith High, #4)
  • The Natural History of Us (The Fine Art of Pretending, #2)
  • The Boy Who Killed Grant Parker
  • Jaq with a Q
  • Lucky Me
  • Still Human (Just Human, #2)
  • I'm With Stupid (Stupid Fast, #3)
  • Twenty to Life
  • Kiss with Cherry Flavor (Grover Beach Team, #4)
  • Teach Me (Escort Me, #1)
  • For Now (Rules of Love, #2)
  • Hellworld
I'm a wife, a mom, a writer. I started writing because I loved it and I'm still writing because I love it. I write romance because I still believe in true love, kindred spirits, and happy endings.

Nicole loves hearing from her readers. You can connect with her on:

Facebook: Author Nicole Williams