Start by marking “Fighting for Anna: A Michele Romantic Mystery (What Doesn't Kill You, #8)” as Want to Read:
Fighting for Anna: A Michele Romantic Mystery (What Doesn't Kill You, #8)

Fighting for Anna: A Michele Romantic Mystery (What Doesn't Kill You #8)

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
USA Best Book Award-Winning Series, Cross Genre Fiction
Tightly plotted and fast-paced, this romantic head-scratcher dives into 80s pop culture, a reclusive religious community, and high stakes politics.
Michele retreats to the country while her teens are away for the summer, to write the memoirs of her elderly neighbor Gidget—a reclusive former Houston art gallery owner—and
Published November 4th 2016 by SkipJack Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fighting for Anna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting for Anna

Ridgely
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life must go on after a spouse dies, even if he is murdered. Michele Lopez Hanson knows this.

“Fighting for Anna,” by Pamela Fagan Hutchins opens with Michele and her two teenagers arriving at the site only to come face to face with a crazed, white floppy haired little dog running frantically around them… in an obvious attempt to get them to follow him- Suddenly, Michele recognizes the pup- Gertrude, the small dog belonging to her*neighbor.* as the crow flies. Michele insists on pursuing the whit
Tiffany Eckhardt
I devoured Fighting For Anna in a couple days, just couldn't put it down. A big caveat, my love for this book isn't ONLY because Pamela used Flown The Coop (my store in Burton) in her newest release in the What Doesn't Kill You Romantic Mystery Series. She also used my son Hayden as the Barista and uses the area I call home as the backdrop for this mystery. The characters frequent some of my favorite places, like Royers Round Top Cafe and Home Sweet Farms in Brenham.

I love how Pamela weaves the
Marcy McKay
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With each new Pamela Fagan Hutchins' book, I love this author more and more. Fighting for Anna has it all: suspenseful plot, interesting characters and strong writing. This story delighted me!
Lindsay Lewis
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fighting for Anna is the eighth book in Pamela Fagan Hutchins’ “What Doesn’t Kill You” series. I found Fighting for Anna, as well as all of the books in the series, to be very enjoyable. These books are quick reads with lots of twists and turns as well as lovable and complex characters. In Fighting For Anna, we follow Michele Lopez Hanson through the challenges of moving forward in life after the loss of her husband Adrian, the recent loss of her mother, and news of a brother given up for adopti ...more
Beverly
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've loved every book in this series! Fighting for Anna was totally awesome! The next chapter in Michele's story. While still grieving Adrian, she finds herself drawn into another mystery. Loved it!
kc
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hutchins writes the best mysteries. Michele must fill a murdered artist's request; write her memoirs and find the daughter given up at birth for her inheritance. But, someone does not want that book written.
Nell Langford
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Writer, editor, and 1/2 of a media sensation, Michele Lopez Hanson thought finishing the Kona triathlon to honor her husband's memory was the ultimate test of endurance, that is until she moved into an A/C deficient trailer in the middle of 'Nowheresville' and is arrested for the murder of her eccentric neighbor! In the second of the Michele Romantic Mysteries and the 8th of Pamela Fagan Hutchins' addictive What Doesn't Kill You ...series. Losing her mother within a year of her husband's murder ...more
R.L.
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review.

Michelle came up against all manner of bad guys previously. In this novel she learns more about her deceased neighbor Gidget than she had previously known. She's not sure she is prepared for what she learns. True to form, the author comes through with unswerving determination. This is a great story. I highly recommend it for fans of combined women's fiction and thrillers. Well done.
Ken Oder
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fighting for Anna has everything: A heart-wrenching undying love for a murdered husband competing with the hope of present romance; eccentric, colorful characters drawn deeply into tension and conflict, with humor along the way; nerve-wracking suspense spinning out an intricate, complex mystery; and a thrilling, satisfying conclusion; all played out on a stage of rugged beauty in rural Texas painted in word pictures that take your breath away.
Natasha Warsaw
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read if you're looking for a light hearted escape!

I binge read every book in this series and I can't wait for the next one. The story hooked me from the beginning. It made me laugh out loud a few times and shed a few tears. When I turned the last page I did so feeling as though I knew each character and as though I were saying goodbye to friends.
Ginger
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read many of this author's books, and they just keep getting better and better. This is the best so far -- and I can't wait until the next in the series. You feel like you KNOW these characters and you really do begin to care about what happens in their lives -- the sign of a very good book. It is entertaining, easy to read, and keeps you in suspense until the end.
Cindy Leslie
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each book I read of Pamela's I like better. This book is easy to read and kept my interest. I didn't have this one figured out. I enjoy this series because I'm from Texas and it was fun to hear about locations and places I'm familiar with. Really looking forward to the next book. Please hurry.
Susie
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Love that Michele is recovering. Gidget was my favourite and the setting near Austin was spot-on and brought back memories. The mystery kept me guessing until the very end.
Linda Ackelson
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoy Pamela Fagan Hutchins writing. I find myself invested in the characters and enjoy the journey.
Kelly
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great twists and turns. Super exciting. Michele is a bad-ass chic anyone would want in their corner. I loved reading a novel set in my back yard. Thanks Pamela!

Full review to come.
Feb 26, 2018
Diane Cross
Jul 11, 2017
Pamela Hutchins
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Cheryl Ferguson
Apr 10, 2018
Melinda
Aug 09, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Pamela writes overly long e-mails and the What Doesn't Kill You romantic mysteries from deep in the heart of Nowheresville, TX and way up in the frozen north of Snowheresville, WY. Pamela is passionate about hiking with her hunky husband and pack of rescue dogs (and an occasional goat and donkey), riding her gigantic horses, experimenting with her Keurig, and traveling in the Bookmobile.

Get free e
More about Pamela Fagan Hutchins

What Doesn't Kill You (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Act One (What Doesn't Kill You Prequel): An Ensemble Mystery Novella
  • Saving Grace (Katie 1): A What Doesn't Kill You Romantic Mystery
  • Leaving Annalise (Katie 2): A What Doesn't Kill You Romantic Mystery
  • Finding Harmony (Katie 3): A What Doesn't Kill You Romantic Mystery
  • Going for Kona (Michele 1): A What Doesn't Kill You Romantic Mystery
  • Heaven to Betsy (Emily 1): A What Doesn't Kill You Romantic Mystery
  • Earth to Emily (Emily 2): A What Doesn't Kill You Romantic Mystery
  • Hell to Pay (Emily 3): A What Doesn't Kill You Romantic Mystery
  • Bombshell (What Doesn't Kill You #9)
  • The Emily Box Set (What Doesn’t Kill You, #5-7): Three Full-Length Romantic Mysteries