Start by marking “Secondary Colors” as Want to Read:

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  113 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Love is weakness.
Love is unkind.
Love is selfish.

I know better than anyone else. Having made the mistake once before, I refuse to give myself to anyone, body or mind. My heart isn’t even an option. Fresh out of college, I plan to spend my final summer home in the small town of Aurora, New Hampshire with my loving, flighty mother and old friends, my eyes set on the future
Published October 11th 2016 by Aubrey Brenner

To ask other readers questions about Secondary Colors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secondary Colors

Nikki ღ Navareus
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves romance!

***FOUR STARS***

I thoroughly enjoyed this sleepy town story. Holt and Evie had amazing chemistry together. I adored him from the very first second he was introduced into this story. Evie frustrated the hell out of me though. I just wanted to shake her and tell her to stop being so wishy washy between Holt and Aiden. Finally got my HEA in the end though, so it's all good!!
Cristina
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A guy who reads is sexy! Holt was so misterious at first, just my type of man. I fell for him slowly, but I also fell for Aidan... This trio was so cute and twisted!
I would have liked to read more about Bailey... She was an important person for me in this story, but she wasn't mentioned just a few times.
I really loved the titles of the chapters and the explanations given to each title. That was original from my point of view.
Quotes I liked:
“Let me have you, a touch, a kiss, a taste
Irma
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

Authors debut!? Are you kidding me!? This was sooooo good.

This is such a great story. I was completely mesmerized by it. I liked authors writing style and her characters were perfect. I loved Violet but Hart... oh, boy
description

I will definetly be reading this authors future books!

Red Cheeks Reads
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Evie has returned home for the summer and is trying hard not to think of the bad memories that come from the past. She's hoping for a quiet, uneventful time but not only does she end up spending time with a pass love, Aiden, but she also comes face to face with Holt- a drifter her mother has let move into their house. Holt infuriates Evie at first, but it isn't long before this annoyance turns into lust, turns into something more. What will Evie do when she is not only confronted with not only H ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh, this beautiful flawed drifter caught my attention and I needed to know more about him. And boy did I ever love what I learned about him. He became “swoon-worthy” Holt. But before that, I learned about Evie's past. That first chapter "background" was a powerful one that would change Evie's life forever.

When Evie arrives home, fresh out of college, she realizes that her mother has allowed a "drifter" to stay at her house. That change in living circumstances doesn't sit well with her, so she ma
MadLoveBookBlog
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
SECONDARY COLORS by Aubrey Brenner REVIEW!

There are some things in life that are meant to be. I was craving for a good book about baby drama, so I have asked on my Facebook if anyone had any suggestions.

Author Aubrey Benner, came to my rescue and said "I do" but not only that, she offered to provide a copy. Isn't that nice? I mean, I asked for something and she went beyond, and to me...that has a lot of value. She didn't have to do that and to be honest, not too many authors do it. They send yo
Lauren
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this. Quick moving, easy to read, but interesting enough you didn't want to put it down.
Angela
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Louise Wetton
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
second chance love story, but it not how you think

Every girl has had that crush on a boy from a far, some are luckily to get there HEA, others never get the chance, and a small percent get to experience it if only for a night. Evie got to her chance only to wake-up the next morning all alone. Three months later she is returning home from uni to tell Aidan she is pregnant,only his interfering mother has other plans.

Flash forward 4 years and Evie is returning home for the summer months after finis
Jennifer Woodrow
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Life is Art

How do I describe a book that affected me so profoundly? This book is a romance between Holt and Evie. It is also a rekindled romance between Evie and her art and a deepening romance between Evie and other people in her life. This book is filled with complex characters and situations that are so realistic they jump off the pages and inhabit your world on ghostly feet. They swirl around your brain so that in quiet moments you wonder what they are doing. If I had one minor personal comp
Lofty
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Violet wakes up alone after giving her virginity to Aiden's before returning to college. She's back home now with her secrets.
Holt was taken in by violets mum he'd nowhere to live she needed household repairs & help however, he has scars & secrets
Two lost souls with secrets.
Aiden has also returned home along with mikayla aidens clingy ex can things get worse?
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book
Truly emotional story
Sabrina
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!!

For a debut novel this book was really nice! I actually thought it was the authors third or fourth book! Its unbelievable that Ms. Brenner got it so right the first time around! Keep writing because I want to keep reading your work!!!
I loved the characters in this book....Holt was so special and dear to my heart I fell in love with him instantly....loved the quotes and illustrations as well....a very good read, very well written with a HEA ending. Loved it☺
Dawn Shepherd
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant 5 star book

Wow what an amazing love triangle story really well written the storytelling was so beautifully descriptive sad at times but I was totally hooked could not put it down as I needed to know that Holt and Evie would get a he's a total must read can not recommend it highly enough
April Russell
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great read, different from other books, all aspects exciting,loved it.

I gave 5 stars as I could wait until I had time to read the next chapter, in the breaks from cutting lawns & getting the pool ready from summer the book was waiting & encouraging me to take a quick read.
Rupali
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved it.
Holly
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great debut! Her characters were well written and beautifully flawed. I very much appreciated the format of the chapter headings and how it ties into the story and even the title. Those little touches are special.
Michele Blackwelder
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this story! How in the world was this your first book?! I am hooked and anxiously awaiting any and all future books! Great story, MUST read!
Lynn Steele
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totally A 5 Star Read

Loved this book, from the characters to the story line. Brilliant read from start to finish I actually found that I could not put it down. I am really looking forward to reading more from this author.
Dawn
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is Aubreys debut book and its fantastic!! Evie and Holts story will capture your heart as it did mine!!
Evie learned the hard way that giving your heart to someone,loving someone only ends in heartbreak,so she keeps herself closed off to love..Just finished college,she decides to go home to visit her mother and friends before setting off again towards her new future.What she doesn’t bank on is a sexy house guest named Holt who will turn her life upside down and make her re-evaluate everythin
Izney Bae
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-normal-hero
The twists in this book was unexpected to say the least. But what is even more unexpected is that I actually thought she was going to make the same mistakes twice. What that mistake is, is for you to discover and for me to know.

The characters were very strong and the heroine has so much passion that I couldn't help but actually feel her. To my very bones. Okay, that's a bit exaggerated but she was so full of hope and love and I don't know, everything but she wasn't very social and even if that i
Audrey Forest
Nov 03, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This book was likeable enough, but I honestly didn't enjoy the back and forth between Evie and Holt. And I completely blame Evie for this; it was obvious Holt was crazy about her, but she had to deny all those feelings and string him along (that's what I'm calling it) as well as another guy, who has a pivotal role in her life. There's also some sort of twist to this story, so that could be the depth that most readers look for. Personally speaking, I didn't love this book as much but cl
Angela Giles
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very nice story. The hardship of life...one time mistakes...finding love.
Mina
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
“It’s that feeling right before love. It’s terrifying, exhilarating, life affirming knowing it’s the most important leap you’ll ever take, aware you’re right on the cusp of something great.”
Jen
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
By Aubrey Brenner

If you are looking for a book that will carry you away to that special place where time ceases to exist and magic takes over, then cozy up with a warm blanket and sink into Secondary Colors by Aubrey Brenner.

It's hard to believe that is is Aubrey's debut book! Her words are spellbinding, and I was captured by this story from the very first page.

Emotional and heart-warming, Secondary Colors is a beautiful and compelling story of family, love, and life that unfold
Georgie
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read a debut novel by an amazingly talented lady the other week! This book was light and dark with shades of all colours in between!

Aubrey Brenner i loved Secondary Colors!

Funnily enough i went into this one completely blind!
No idea of what I was about to read!
I hadn't read a synopsis!
Hadn't seen a teaser!
NOTHING!

I was so glad too because this book was full of beautiful suprises!

A story of love and fighting the inevitable is painted through the pages as we meet Evie and Holt! Two people dri
Teresa Adams
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
by Aubrey Brenner

This was the Debut book for this Author..
It was a story that will captivate you from the start all the way to the end of the book..
The Character development was good..
Evie who had to make some tough choices after Graduation comes back home after 4 years from Collage. . She comes back and is fighting with herself about if she should tell Aidan what she had done or keep it a secret afraid of his Mother and what she may do if it comes out.
Evie is there until she
Terri
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow

Secondary Colors by Aubrey Brenner is a wonderful story of the life of a young lady. It's the trails of what she goes the through and how she overcome what life hands her. The story seemed to move slow for the first part of the book but then picks up and you won't want to put it the book down.
Terry
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Winner !

This was a beautiful love story . It’s about mistakes , forgiveness , and moving on with your life to find happiness .
Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets
I loved this book. Every single page.
Kiyah
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read.

This book is a heartfelt story of love and loss, betrayal and love again. I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Aubrey Brenner is a native Californian who enjoys spending time with her fiancé and their four-legged children. She always had a passion for story-telling and visual artistry. Through her writing, she’s able to showcase both.

More about Aubrey Brenner

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be