Start by marking “Beyond the Ever Reach (Mortality, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Ever Reach (Mortality, #1)

Beyond the Ever Reach (Mortality #1)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  192 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
In a world where nobody can be killed, one girl will change it all.

In an alternate version of today’s Earth, everyone is invincible. Since the beginning, people have been able to heal so fast that nobody can be hurt or killed. The normal lifespan ranges hundreds of years. Despite all that, Ava Holland is afraid of death. When the unthinkable happens, her only ally is the b
Paperback, 2nd edition, 262 pages
Published October 21st 2016 by Ever Realm Books (first published April 5th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Ever Reach, please sign up.
Everly Frost Hi! Thanks for asking! The short answer is that it's not a cliffhanger. The long answer is that it's the first in an intended trilogy so hopefully…moreHi! Thanks for asking! The short answer is that it's not a cliffhanger. The long answer is that it's the first in an intended trilogy so hopefully there's enough that people will want to find out what happens next :)(less)
Everly Frost Hi! No, there's no swearing and no graphic sexual content. Hope that answers your question and I'm really sorry I'm super late to this!

Jaymin Eve
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was very fortunate to read an early copy of FMM. Hooollllyyyyy awesomeness. Everly Frost has crafted a superb story in Fear My Mortality. From the first page I was hooked, right up until the last page when I immediately wished I had the second book.

Ava is a character I could read about every day. She's strong but vulnerable, and when her entire world is turned around she manages to keep moving forward and battling for her freedoms. She's determined and smart and the type of heroine to admire.
Cale Dietrich
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I was extremely fortunate to read an early draft of this book, and I absolutely loved it. It has EVERYTHING I want in a new YA series! It has an incredibly likeable heroine, a complicated (and super swoony) romance, and a world that I just adore. Oh, and that's not even mentioning the action! There's some serious blockbuster-level stuff in here. Trust me, if you're looking for a new YA series to fangirl/boy over, it's here.

MAJOR HYPE FOR THIS!
Jessica (Jessabella Reads)
Fear My Mortality was a unique and refreshing YA novel with well written characters, a fast-paced plot, and a wonderfully built world! This story will reach into your heart and pull out so many different emotions; while Frost's beautiful writing forces you to realize just how precious every moment of life truly is and to never take anything for granted. There are some really great lessons to be learned in this one, and would be a great book club pick, as there are many ethical and emotional disc ...more
Rachel's Book Reviews
Holy Crap!

Dudes, This was amazing. So much more than I expected.
--- 2-01-16
Holy crap! This book blew me away. I really wasn’t sure what to expect when I picked the book up. I’ve read books that have immortal (or extremely long-living) humans in them, but it’s always been a tossup for me. More than half the books I’ve read with immortality I ended up disliking. Some authors pull off amazing stories, while others just kind of flop. This one falls into the former category. The title “Fear My Mort
Elsa Munoz
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advance copy of this book for an honest review:
First things first, the book pulled me in right from the beginning. It wasn't just the description that caught my attention, but the title. The title seemed to have an edge to it! :) Once I started reading it, the book totally did not disappoint! The main character, Ava, is a girl who lives in a ultra-modern world where people don't exactly die when they get hurt. They "regenerate". Normally, I'm not much of a sci-fi fan (if this falls
Casey Lyall
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay. So you know when you read a book and it's so amazing and you're fully IN THE WORLD and you get so caught up in it that you finish reading in one sitting and then you desperately want to read the next book because you need to check on your people, your new friends that even though you just met them, you love them and you're concerned about their welfare, but too bad for you because book two doesn't come out for another YEAR and then you just die because who can deal with that?

Yeah. That's
Evangeline
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Be sure to take a deep breath before diving into Fear My Mortality because you won't have a second to come up for air. This book is action-packed and intense.

16-year-old Ava Holland lives in a world where humans heal and regenerate, making them practically immortal. But after Ava's brother fails to regenerate, Ava's mortality is in question and the authorities as well as a dangerous renegade group are after the secrets in her genetics. Pursued by merciless humans and flying drones, Ava has no ch
Amy Allgeyer
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a thrill ride this book is! From beginning to end, this is a journey that'll satisfy even the most avid adrenaline junkies. Frost blends super high-stakes and non-stop action with emotionally deep characters that readers will really connect with. The alternative world is fully depicted, the characters are multi-layered (and might surprise you!) and the action...oh my heck! Prepare yourself with a few marathons because this book will leave you absolutely breathless! Frost gives readers ...more
Janet
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the premise of this book before I even read it. It starts with an alternate Biblical scripture of when Eve partook of the fruit. Except in this version she didn't and so was blessed with immortality.

And what if humans were immortal? What if we couldn't be killed? Everly Frost explores a world that isn't afraid of dying. A world that doesn't value life and concern for others. Because why should they? If someone dies, they'll come back to life . . . well, at least until a person is well in
Claire Fayers
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was fortunate enough to read an ARC of this book. The concept grabbed me even before I'd started, but it was the characters that kept me reading. Ava is a great heroine, brave and likeable, torn between fear for her own safety and her instinct to rescue and help. Then there's non-stop action, romance, terrific world-building, and cliff-hanging suspense. Hunger Games fans will love it.
Janet McNally
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced and original, with well-drawn characters and a great sense of tension and suspense throughout. Just a lot of fun to read, with characters I really connected to. I love the premise—what would happen if humans were immortal? This is something that storytellers have considered back to the stories of gods in ancient myth, and Frost has a fresh take on it. Great book!
Melanie McFarlane
Oh, where do I start. I was instantly sucked in from the first paragraph (you can read it on Amazon = no spoilers here). I mean, seriously, a kid gets hit by a car an no one really cares. In fact, even his own mother treats it like an inconvenience -- Uh, hello, son I'm gonna be late for work! Get up already!

In the land of immortality first death is just a pain in the butt.

From there I was taken on a roller coaster ride of emotions. As Ava preps for her Implosion (a coming of age tradition where
Karen Fortunati
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The phenomenal title grabbed my interest and I was really excited to read this arc. I can tell you the story is a thrill ride from the first page. The action is almost nonstop with the more quiet moments sweetened by a pitch perfect friendship/romance. The reader's introduction to this world of immortality is a jolt with one of the opening scenes a car accident involving a toddler. His mother is more affected by the disruption to her schedule than the horrific injury to her son. And the reader s ...more
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Check out my tour stop here!

FEAR MY MORTALITY started with a unique and engaging premise and stayed there, with a story that holds the reader's interest from beginning to end. Full of action, intrigue, heartbreak, a little romance, and desperation this futuristic story had it all. If you enjoy reading in the dystopian or scifi genre, definitely pick this one up!

I began this book late at night and thought I'd just read a few chapters before bed so that I would have a head-start in getting it fini
Kathy Osborn
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was fast paced and had me wondering what was going to happen next. The story is around humans that have immortality, but people who are slow healers are shunned.

Ava faces her first test as an immortal during the Implosion, where a person is killed and comes back to life. Her brother, Josh has already done this and leaves Ava during the ceremony. Something goes terrible wrong and this changes the course of Ava's and Josh lives.

Ava is a strong character with such inner strength that sh
Kourtni R.
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone especially fans of sci-fi
For a more in-depth review and other book-related posts, visit my blog at kourtnireads.wordpress.com

I received an eARC from the publisher, Month9Books, in exchange for an honest review.

This book was SO GOOD. I was hooked from page one and could not put it down. The entire time I was reading this book, every night I was in a cycle of "just one more chapter." The suspense and action will keep you wanting to read more and more. When I actually finished the book, I wanted there to be more! (Can I ha
nick
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

fear my mortality All images courtesy of Pinterest

Holy WOAH! Fear My Mortality was definitely one heck of an awesome ride! I don't know what it is exactly about this book's summary that attracted me, but I knew once I read it that it was a book that I needed to experience. I'm so glad I went with my instincts because Fear My Mortality was a badass book and an absolute thrill to read!

The whole concept of the book was so interesting. It's a world where all humans are immortal and killing is considered to be a s

Kelly
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. Just Simply Amazing!!! The story has everything I want in a book. The characters are likable and believable. The romance is light. The plot is really good. The story line is different, fast paced, action packed, refreshingly different, and has me routing for the hero and heroine to succeed. The book has you on the edge of your seat reading till you get to the end and realize that you need to know what happens next because the book stops after an action packed moment. It lulled me to bel ...more
Holly
Where do I even start?? I cannot adequately - or perhaps I should say, coherently - express just how much I loved this book without devolving into “squees” and GIFs with dancing unicorns and flailing arms and “OMGs”! So I will try to write a short and sweet review for you: READ THIS BOOK. THE END.

Okay, I’m not really just going to leave it there! Let me start by saying the synopsis for the book doesn’t do it justice, in my opinion. But it is a good one-liner about the premise of the book, which
Allyssa Painter
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It was excellent. It kept me on the edge of my seat, waiting to see what would happen next. I liked both Ava and Michael, but specifically Michael. He is just such an amazing character. I thought he was really well-developed and he added so much to the story. There were several questions that I thought were either unanswered or not answered well that I would have liked to see better answered, but overall, this was well worth reading. I would probably read it again nearly immed ...more
Agustina Zanelli
¡Muchísimas gracias a Everly por el libro!

ESTE LIBRO. Este libro se ha convertido en uno de mis favoritos.
La historia está repleta de acción y adrenalina, cada página trae algo nuevo hasta el punto de no poder tener ni un respiro. Hay escenas alucinantes y extraordinarias que me dejaron con la boca abierta desde el primer hasta el último capítulo.

Con un romance muy bien desarrollado, lentamente por las circunstancias de los protagonistas, lo cual lo hizo más real. Aunque quiero un poquito más.

Un
BellaKara
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such an interesting story. A world where no one has to fear death all of a sudden here it is. Such fun and twisted it was a great read and I can't wait to see what is next.
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Action packed adventure full of romance, suspense and an intriguing premises! I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a unique dystopian read!

Opening Sentence: I never could watch anyone die.

The Review:

What would life be like if you didn’t have to worry about dying? All the citizens of Evereach knows exactly how this feels. A long time ago there was a huge war and a nuclear bomb was launched at Evereach. The aftermath should have
Once Upon a Twilight
What do you fear when you're able to regenerate from death?
What keeps you human when you know you're able to come back?

This story is one that I feel everyone should read. Fear My Mortality relates to literally everyone. Death is a constant in our lives, it surrounds us with the sad reality of our world. To have a book bring it to light in such a way makes you actually think about things in a different light.

While the book is quite large it was a quick read. I sat down and read 100 pages within a
Charity
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For full review please go to: 5girlsbookreviews.blogspot.com, Twitter @camartinez and Facebook "5 Girls Book Reviews"

REVIEW BY: Arianna, age 13 years, 1 month

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book was fast-paced and intense. The plot was unpredictable.

My favorite character is Michael because he does everything he can to help Ava after he kills her brother. He sacrifices his life for hers many times which is admirable.

My favorite part is when they get to Starsguard because they are finally safe from the
Leigh Collazo

More reviews at Mrs. ReaderPants.

WHAT I LIKED: This book has so many problems that I feel I cannot possibly list them all in a short review. To keep things fair, I will start with some positives:

It's fast-paced. There is so much action that it almost gets tiresome. Ava is captured, imprisoned, drugged, beat up, and shot at so many times, it's a wonder she could have possibly survived all that. In between these perilous scenes are some very brief moments of safety, just enough time for Ava to b
Catherine ♡
*I won a free e-copy of this book through LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review*

Actual Rating: 3.26

I know, I know, I know. 3.26 is a weird number. But I simply just couldn't decide on a more common number that portrayed what I really thought about the book.

There are so many things that I liked and so many things that I didn't - I think Fear My Mortality was the type of book where there was so much action happening with some internal conflict and sweet moments thrown in.

I think it's time
Michelle (Bookaholic Banter)
High-octane adventure with jaw-dropping moments. This book will have you sitting on the edge of your seat!Wow! This YA fantasy/science-fiction novel was a huge thrill ride! I loved the originality of this story. I was kept on the edge of my seat with every turn of the page. This book was never dull or boring. There was so much going on that will keep your mouth hanging open in shock! There are plenty of jaw-dropping moments in this book. This book is a thrill ride from beginning to end.

Warning:
Brit M. Cortes
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fear my Mortality, from the cover to the premise everything was super intriguing. That is why I requested it and was lucky enough to receive a copy to read and review. Even the first chapter captures your attention, especially how little death meant to them and how the only person that seemed to be concerned was Ava. I thought the whole concept of the book was a good one. It is usually mortals who fear death, knowing that that will be the end for them. So it was interesting to see the idea that ...more
Utsav Bansal
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
A good concept and premise systematically ruined by every YA cliche that can be found.
A world where no one can die, or rather can't die for centuries, and even in the end they receive natural painless deaths. Rest of the time every time someone is killed or gets hurt they get regenerated. One of the rare good things about the book was that the protagonist Ava is actually the only mortal (I would have considered this a spoiler, but the other title of this book is, Fear my mortality) in this world
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Facsimile
  • Scavenger of Souls
  • The Wendigo Witchling (The Skinwalkers' Witchling #2)
  • Future Shock (Future Shock, #1)
  • Lake Effect
  • Me Tarzan -- You Jane
  • There Once Were Stars (Dome 1618, #1)
  • Emerge (Mer Chronicles #1)
  • Novus (The Cresecren Chronicles, #1)
  • A Healing Spirit (Riverview Series #2)
  • Rise (Order of the Krigers, #1)
  • I Am NOT a Chicken!
  • Doreen
  • Alterations
  • Temper
  • Hurricane Kiss
  • Genesis Girl (Blank Slate, #1)
  • Beat Slay Love
Everly Frost once wore a t-shirt with "geek girl" on it and felt right at home in it. She loves soaring forests, brilliant sunrises, and clouds that form the shapes of dragons. For whatever reason, she never finishes a cup of coffee.
More about Everly Frost

Mortality (4 books)
  • Beneath the Guarding Stars (Mortality, #2)
  • By the Icy Wild (Mortality, #3)
  • Before the Raging Lion (Mortality, #4)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)