Start by marking “The Old Man and the Princess” as Want to Read:
The Old Man and the Princess

Read Book* *Different edition

The Old Man and the Princess

A Brand New Second Edition of 'The Old Man and The Princess' with 10,000 added new words of story. (01/02/2019)

A Raven Award Finalist. A Nashville Film Festival Screenplay Finalist and now recently optioned to be a MAJOR MOTION PICTURE

'Is the old man really who he says he is? And is he telling Sersha the truth about where she is truly from?'

A mysterious old man kidnaps Se
Kindle Edition, 2, 300 pages
Published February 1st 2019 by Paul Thomas Publishing (first published September 30th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Old Man and the Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Old Man and the Princess

Dana Ilie
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
*****I received this book from Sean-Paul Thomas in exchange for an honest review*****

The Old Man and the Princess is a book that had my interest from the very beginning and I couldn’t put it down until I had finished the last page.

Sean Paul Thomas is a talented writer, with his own unique voice and style. The narrative is excellent and the readers get to enjoy the Irish/Scottish English throughout. There is a twist at the end and, might I add, what a perfect climax to the story! Nothing about th
Miriam Smith
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The Old Man and The Princess" is written by Sean-Paul Thomas and is not the first book I have read by this author, having recently read and loved his twisty psychological thriller "My Sister and I".
Although the Irish dialogue is a little difficult to follow at times and there's a lot of foul language running through the book, this book is perfectly aimed at both a YA and older reader audience who love a thriller with a totally original theme coupled with some really funny black humour.
Dark and
Bradley
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-shelf, sci-fi
Thanks to the author for a copy of this book!

I have to admit that I avoided the blurb on this one, and now that I've read the book I'm kinda glad that I did. I actually preferred going into this one blind and the results were quite satisfying.

The writing is quick and like all the best thrillers it moves along with some really great pace.

So what kind of book is this?

That's the real question, isn't it? I mean, it feels like a thriller, it smells like a thriller, and with all the great Irish and S
Chesca
A copy was kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK.

If you’re looking for a risky adventure, one that would lead you to an uncertain destination, then you have to grab a copy of The Old Man and the Princess .

What if, one day, an old man decided to kidnap you, with claims that you were a princess from another planet and that he came to bring you back home to your real parents? Would you willingly go with him?

From Ireland to Scotland, an old
Mohammed Arabey
A good suspense with crazy interesting, high fantastical anticipation..

A furious young Irish teenager get abducted by an Old Man who was stalking her all her life..

To get her to a mysterious cave...to be a Princess for a high fantasy quest..
'Well, why didn't you just bleedin' well say all that shite from the off then instead of all your secrecy and exhausting wordplay, Derek? Why not just say, Sersha, you're from another planet now. A planet which you also own. And now I'm taking you back there.
Dannii Elle
Mar 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Actual rating 3.5 stars.

High fantasy will always be my favourite genre because of the pure escapism that comes with being transported to another world. Magical realism - that is, fantastical elements set in a world recognisable as our own - however, has its own benefits. You can truly envisage yourself treading in the protagonist's footsteps and can imagine his or her mystical and transformative adventure as being one of your own.

And that is what Sean-Paul Thomas does here.

'The Old Man and the P
Stjepan Cobets
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of fantasy, action thrillers and sci-fi
I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by this book. Writer Sean Paul Thomas with a large dose of humor leads us into a story full of action and surprises. The main characters of Derek strange old man who claims he is not from planet Earth and sixteen Sersha, I had immediately liked. The old man kidnaps a girl from the streets of Galway and claims her that she is a princess and that he must take in Scotland because she was in danger from assassins. Normally she disbelieves is not a word of ...more
Sara
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have to say this was different from the usual books I read. It was short and peculiar story about an old man who kidnaps a girl and takes her on a journey. I liked the story, it was weird, funny, mysterious, with a bit of fantasy in it. The twist at the end of the story made me like it even more.

I would like to thank the author for sending me this book in exchange for an honest review.
Chitra Iyer
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Old Man and The Princess by Sean-Paul Thomas is a mysterious and emotional story, all of which that takes place against the backdrop of the Scottish landscape. It is a touching story about the relationship between a girl and an old man.

Sersha is an orphan, living with her foster parents, when she is kidnapped by an old man, Derek. Sersha expects the worst but when Derek tells her that he will be reuniting her with her parents, she is surprised. Derek keeps referring to Sersha as Princess and
Ailyn
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for a fair review, special thanks to the author for providing the book for an honest opinion.

Surprisingly, I like this book, even though it is not a genre that I usually read, this book does not fit into any specific subset so it is hard to know if people will like this book or not.

The story starts with an old man pondering about his life, and then a killer appears, that it is the hook for the story. It turns to a girl who is angry at the world, because she's a foster girl s
Gwen
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy to review from the author. This is a one of those short stories that engages you right at the beginning with kick ass action, intrigue, and engaging and funny dialogue. If you are a classic sci fi buff, than you will enjoy this. It's a feel good story, despite some of its darker moments (which I liked), that will definitely leave you smiling at the end.
☙ percy ❧
this review is going to be short because i can't say much about it, as it's one of those books that should be gone in blind. however, i can say that this was a really enjoyable read with a twisty ending that i didn't expect, and although there isn't anything vastly new about the book, it's definitely worth the read.
Hanna
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay. Do you want to know me real name? Or the name of the man whose body I’ve taken?

Firstly, thank you to the author for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review! I really much appreciate that.

I’m really not sure what I can say without spoiling the story too much for someone who hasn’t read this one! But I’ll try my best to leave out anything major.

Oh this book was good, okay? Especially I loved the fact that through the whole story you keep guessing that who the heck t
thelovelyshelf
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first read the synopsis of this book, but I thoroughly enjoyed this novel! I was intrigued right off the bat, and I found myself guessing what the old man was up to just as much as Sersha was. You were never sure what was really going on, but in the best way.

The characters were- I admit- not my favorite, but I enjoyed them all the same. I really liked how feisty and real Sersha was, and how loyal and mysterious the old man was. They did seem a bit on
Lynne
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read it on my blog
The Old Man and the Princess is a very skillfully crafted novel. As the tale gradually unfolds, the suspense slowly builds and leaves the reader guessing until the end.

The characters Derek and Sersha are both flawed individuals with a complicated relationship but their bond gradually develops until it becomes one of trust and co-dependence. But just who is Derek, the barmy old man who kidnaps teenager Sersha from a life of foster homes in Galway? Could the crazy tale he spins
Alyssa Campbell
Full Review at: Bright Copy Book Review

(more like 3.5)

*This book was gifted to me by the author. The below review is my honest opinion*

This book was different than anything I've read lately, I'll definitely give it that. I'll probably keep thinking about this one for a while.

What a wild ride, for sure. It keeps you guessing and you never know what's going to happen next. One of the main reasons why I enjoyed this is because it was pretty realistic if you think about it. How many times have we re
Natalie The Biblioholic
Ever read the blurb of a book, think you have a general understanding of what it's about, dive into it, and discover that... You. Know. Nothing??? That's what happened when I read The Old Man and The Princess. Going into the plot would only ruin it, however, I will tell you that the author blessed us with Sersha. She was young, but she wasn't dumb. This girl was enterprising, surprisingly mature, had an independent streak a mile long, and was very opinionated. I loved her! Even the 'mysterious ...more
Kleio B'wti

Publisher: Paul Thomas Publishing

Date of publication: October 1st, 2016

Number of Pages: 161

ASIN: B01M1AGJX7

The Old Man and the Princess written by author Sean-Paul Thomas is a Mystery, Thriller & Suspense, a Cozy mystery published by Paul Thomas Publishing. The novel is a fiction that will leave an indelible mark on its readers.

The novel is the journey that the protagonist Shersha takes from her birth till her teens. It talks about t
Aarti Patel
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, suspense
This book is unique in its approach of not pigeonholing itself into one genre, and you'll definitely want to know how it ends because of such an unpredictable plot!

Who's the old man, and who's the princess? And how much do the characters themselves know who they are along the course of the story? The story has a metaphor in there and you'll find out what it all means by the end of the book. On a side note, I laughed my a** off at some of the Irish-style banter, I mean I really laughed harder th
Sam - Spines in a Line
Thank you to the author for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review! You can find this and other reviews on my blog at https://spinesinaline.wordpress.com

This one was a lot of fun to read, especially if you like Irish accents! Our two main characters share quite a lot of dialogue so you can very quickly get immersed in this setting. More than that, the narrative style of this story really reminded me of a folk tale. It diverges quite a bit from what we typically recognize as a folk
Linda Zagon
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

LINDA'S BOOK OBSESSION

My Review of “The Old Man and the Princess” by Sean-Paul Thomas

What is real and what is not? You’ll have to read “The Old Man and the Princess”by Sean-Paul Thomas. A copy was provided by the author for an honest review. The genre of this book is Fiction and Cozy Mystery. After reading the book, you can decide if this is a Fantasy or an Adult Fairytale as well.

Sean-Paul Thomas uses colorful and vivid descriptions of Ireland and Scotland, where the story takes place. The char
Laura Furuta
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Old Man and The Princess: A Black Humorous, Mystery, Thriller
By: Sean-Paul Thomas
5 out of 5 stars

The story The Old Man and The Princess: A Black Humorous, Mystery, Thriller by Sean-Paul Thomas is a book that had my interest from the very beginning and I couldn’t put it down until I had finished the last page. It has action, mystery, and thrills all the way through. This is an author who has created a story and characters that I couldn’t stop thinking about even after I finished the book. It
Megan
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
**I received this book in exchange for an honest review**

"Sersha folded her arms. She wasn't impressed by Derek's dodgy pirate accent or his crappy little boat either."

Oh my goodness where do I even start with this book? This was such fun and heartbreaking story to read. I found myself dying to know what was going to happen to the old man and then crying in the waiting room at the doctor's office waiting for my husband. So beautifully written.

This story starts with a secretive life of an old man
Kitty Igaz
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really great read! The title made me want to read it, it just sounds interesting no? But I really didn’t expect it to be this awesome! Psycho teenagers, creepy old men, uzis, what’s not to love?! And the whole Irish totally invaded my thoughts, I know have an Irishman in me head.
This is a fast paced book! Two hundred fifty pages will fly by but you will still connect with the characters. Sersha the foster-child/dancer is feisty/ foul mouthed, and ready for an adventure. Derek is a cra
William Bitner Jr.
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading “The Old Man and the Princess” by Sean-Paul Thomas. I would first like to say thank you to Sean-Paul for reaching out to me on Goodreads.com and gifting me an e-copy of this book. This is my first read by Sean-Paul and I just thought it was brilliant. There was just enough witty dark humor (as only those across the pond can achieve) to balance out the more serious and crazy parts of this read. There is quite a touching story here mixed in with the horror, deceit, anger and ...more
Maritza Baez
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like reading books about Adventure, you'll love this one. Sersha is an orphan who has never felt like she can trust anyone or believing in anything. One day she gets abducted by an old man who tells her she's a princess in another galaxy. At first she doesn't believe a single word he says. Eventually, she goes along with the adventure. After all, she never felt like she was worth anything and never had an adventure like this.

I really enjoyed reading this. You get to really know the charac
Maria Stallings
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable, easy to read and quite a few twists and turns. This is what I like in a book. Primarily a YA type short novel, it is gritty and dark yet there are humorous episodes. Sersha is an orphan and has been in foster care her entire young life. She is a teen on the verge of adulthood but has had to fend for herself mostly. One day, she is mysteriously kidnapped off the streets of Galway where she lives. Is the old man who kidnapped her a pervert? Or something else entirely? This book speaks t ...more
Judith
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book as a giveaway by Goodreads. Thank you!
I truly enjoyed this book. This was not an ordinary "kidnap" story. The "kidnapped" is 15 yr. old Sersha who is kidnapped by the "Old Man" Derek. It doesn't take very long to immediately love these two characters. Sersha had me laughing to a point of tears rolling down my face. The dialogue with Derek at times, is hilarious. There was a point when I was wondering if this was a fantastical, mystical, story, or what really was going on. Wh
Cyrene Olson
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uncaged Book Reviews:

Once you get the cadence of the speech, you can’t put it down, wondering if this is sci-fi or reality with a twist. I’m not telling which it is, you’ll have to read the book. The only other warning is for the violence in the book. This book would not be suitable for tweens and younger. Most teens will have seen worse on TV and video games.

It is an enticing story and one I’d recommend for those who like suspense with a good twist.

4 1/2 stars
Reviewed by Barbara

Full review at U
Keiry Ko
An e-book copy was kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Honestly, at first it was kind of boring to me but after the first action scene the story catch my attention from there to the end.
I don't know how to feel about the author's writing style because I didn't dislike it but I'm not used to the scottish idioms and it was kind of strange for me but it was easy to follow.
I didn't expect that kind of end! I really liked it.

It was a great story and I highly recommend it.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Masters of Deceit
  • A is for Donkeys
  • The Serpent's Eyes (The Crispin Trilogy #1)
  • Vettori's Damsel in Distress
  • In Ageless Sleep
  • The Snake Charm
  • Soul Census
  • Death Toll Rising
  • Finding Charity
  • Double-Sided Witch (Covencraft, #3)
  • The Régime Change Man
  • Margie and Wolf: The Series
  • Sated (Wantin #3)
  • The Dream of Your Heart
  • Death of a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Scotland for Christmas
  • The Alphabet Thief
  • From the Grave (Monster or Die, #1)
Sean is an author from Edinburgh in Scotland. He spent most of his childhood and teenage years on the move with his Scottish and Irish Parents (No, they weren't bank robbers lol ) growing up in the likes of Cyprus, Germany, Wales and England, as an army brat.

With a keen interest in both reading and writing, he was diagnosed with the travel and writing bugs very early on in life. Now, writing, trav