Start by marking “Goan Chase: Take Three Mysteries” as Want to Read:
Goan Chase: Take Three Mysteries

Goan Chase: Take Three Mysteries

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
'Leave now or pay the price.'
Jai and his friends, Nirvaan and Ayesha, are super excited to be in Goa for their summer holidays. The three youngsters visit Jai's aunt who lives in a sprawling villa with a private beach.
Just when things appear to be too good to be true, their host narrowly escapes a fatal accident. Much to their distress, 'accidents' continue to occur, p
Published October 5th 2016 by Notion Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Goan Chase, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goan Chase

Vishnu Chevli
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
What best can happen to you while traveling from Pune to Mumbai? "Goan Chase: Take Three Mysteries" happened to me. This short mystery plugged me so tightly that I didn't know when Borivali stop came. For its genre, the book has done very good job.

The story started with three teenagers' vacation trip to Goa. As blurb mentioned, kids were excited about fun filled holidays. Jai along with his classmates Nirvan and Ayesha went to Jai's aunt Ms. Sheila Walia's beach villa to Goa. Sheila had recently
Archit Ojha
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Crisp and crunchy 122 pages.

For some mysterious reasons, books set in Goa, gain a strong affinity from me. Goa + Mystery, both of these words had already triggered the curiosity neurons in my brain, easy-to-carry attribute of the book, only nourished my already bubbling up enthusiasm and I was full-on ready to have a bumper ride with my seat-belts on. Just the title was enough to make me like it instantly.

Vacation trips don't turn out to be as effortless as they were during the planning. Tourin
Yesha
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

*** I won this book in Goodreads Giveaway. Many thanks to author and publisher. ***

I liked the title of the series ‘Take Three Mysteries’ and goes well with the book.
Three mystery solver of the book.
Three incidents or a hint to solve in the book.

The story is written in third person narration, set in Goa, India.

Characters– Jai, Stuttering 14 yr old boy is struggling with his speech problem but is quite a mind-blowing observer. Ayesha is confident and logical person in 3 friends. Nirvaan-
Guttu
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-copy
Actual rating 3.5/5

This is one of the easy reads of this year. You can finish this in 2 hours. It is a story about three friends who seek for adventure during their summer vacation. They probably get more than what they want. I don't want to reveal much about the story as it's a short read.
A couple of things before you read this. This is teenage story and meant for that age or as they say "YA" category. You won't like it unless you read it like a teenager. The simplicity of the novel is someth
Nico Genes
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy reading different genre no matter of age. Therefore I didn’t think twice when choosing “Goan Chase” and I am really glad I did. It is a young adult mystery, the first in a series, and I must say it's great. I enjoyed seeing how three fourteen year old engaged in solving a mystery that at moments put their lives in danger. Despite the initial belief in their personal deficiencies, through the happening they used and proved their unique talents. The plot kept my attention and surprised me ...more
Manjri Gopalan
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
As the name clearly says, the story revolves around 3 teenager friends - Jai, Nirvaan and Ayesha, who try to resolve a mystery in order to save Jai's ancestral home. The plot is quite predictable. It's short book and an easy read.

The book is ideal for kids as it gives some good messaging like "everyone has weakness, but one should never lose hope. Instead, one should recognize his/her strength and focus on getting a solution."
Ruchi Patel
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned
Nice story of 3 individuals. Jai , Ayesha and Nirvaan. Really interesting and suspense definitely held my attention and i am eagerly waiting for the next part. Nice storyline and good choices of vocabulary and dialogues. Simple yet perfect!!
Aravind
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: firstreads
My thanks to the author / publisher for the giveaway copy of this nice little book. Goan Chase is a young adult mystery, the series starter, and it's quite promising. Three fourteen year olds, each with some unique talents, also with certain deficiencies, team up to solve a mystery that threatens their stay at, and any future visits to, an idyllic goan villa. In the process, they come close to their death, face their vulnerabilities, and overcome them. There's not much scope for proper developme ...more
Siddhi Palande
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
What follows is an honest review and I am glad to have had the opportunity to review it.

Going by the name one can incur that it is crime thriller. It follows the story of Jai, Ayesha and Nirvaan, three teenagers who are in Goan in an ancestral bungalow that belongs to Ms Walia, Jai's maternal aunt. The house is cursed, there is possibly an evil presence lurking. And no sooner do we start reading we are gripped by the story. What begins as a minor accident turns into a series of events and it cu
Preeti Bajra
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I started reading this book I presumed the story and characters to revolve around a juvenile plot considering it’s a children’s fiction. However, once I started reading
I realized it was very well able to tease the cognitive abilities of an adult
reader equally. This was surely a page turner. I finished the book in one sitting as I couldnt not wait for the mystery to get resolved.

The author has put in a lot of effort in building an unravelable plot where you can may keep guessing till the en
Jackie Wolfred
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book by Richa Sambhy Mediratta, is the first mystery book in a series, starring three teenage sleuths: Jai, Nirvaan, and Ayesha. This trio of school friends, find their summer vacation together rather intriguing and set out to find clues to the mysteries that present themselves.

A charming read.

I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
Shrikanth Venne
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's a short thriller where a mysterious things happen in the house and the trio that is jai ayesha and nirwan being 14 years old solve the small mystery. Overall its a short thriller and suspense goodread... 😊
Varunsp
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting Mystery and easy to read. Finished it in few hours.. Story is about three teenagers and how they solve the mystery by their own .. Expecting the next serie of the book soon. Got this book as giveaway & it's a good read.. Thanks to Goodreads and Richa Sambhy Mediratta .
susan murray
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Won from goodreads
A lovely nice thriller with mysterious things happening in the house. Jai with Ayesha also Nirwin, all 14 years old get to solve a mystery.
I found this a really good read which kept me entertained perfect for young teens
Mary
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received this short book through a Goodreads giveaway. An enjoyable afternoon read, a mystery geared to Young Adult readers. The first book in a new series in which three teenage friends use each other's strengths to solve the mystery. Has potential to become an enjoyable series.
Ankita Singh
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway-wins
This was a light and truly enjoyable read! One of the best Indian books I've ever read, short as it was! Will be eagerly awaiting the next mystery in the series!
Sahana
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun, intriguing; great characters and setting. Looking forward to reading the next in the series.
Jayant Kashyap
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-library
Think it creates a good impact upon children.
Anish
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
A nice read for a lazy afternoon.
Characters seem a bit haphazard and underdeveloped.
Overall an enjoyable book.
Received via goodreads giveaway.
Travadiz
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The plot and pacing is good. Even after reading the blurb, it didn't feel like it was predictable, which is good. The are twist and turns in the story is intriguing and can readers will be easily drawn in, making it easy to devour this book in one sitting.

At one point I was flipping back through earlier pages thinking I'd either missed something. The suspense is built throughout and compels you to keep on reading. The book kept me guessing many times but the end was pretty predictable.

Overall
Nov 21, 2016
Sue
Jan 23, 2018 added it
Shelves: giveaways, abandoned
I'm not the target audience for this story and I didn't really enjoy the small section I read.
Samantha
Girija
Libby
Kristina
Mar 22, 2017
I still remember the first story I penned. It was about a magical crystal ball and my very encouraging English teacher had made me read it out loud in front of the whole class. Since I was only six at that time, a block like stage fear didn't exist, and it was all fun and giggles.
Since I started reading and writing at a very young age, I had finished novelettes by the time I was a teenager (they'