Start by marking “Forged by Flames (Dragon's Breath, #3)” as Want to Read:
Forged by Flames (Dragon's Breath, #3)

Forged by Flames

(Dragon's Breath #3)

Ever since dragons invaded Earth, Bailey Monzac and other survivors have had to adjust to a new world order. But a new threat is emerging that could destroy everything they've been struggling to rebuild—for both man and beast. There's an artifact out there that can control dragons, and many would seek to possess it for dark purposes.

It's going to be up to Bailey, her drago
ebook
Published October 29th 2016

Start your review of Forged by Flames (Dragon's Breath, #3)
Kara-karina
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5/5
Damn, this book has left me restless.

Forged by Flames is a classic quest which was a nice transition book after the previous story arc ended.

Bailey, Aidan, Conrad, Miles, Danae, and Aidan's uncle and sister are traveling together to different parts of the US to reassemble a magical orb which can control dragon shifters, dragon slayers, and magic users. They have to go through a few trials, and in the process learn important things about their history and mutual origins.

You see, this part wa
Sara Oxton
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Forged by Flames by Susan Illene a fiery good five star read. This is the third book in the Dragon’s breath series, and it doesn’t disappoint, its keeping the story going and bringing new aspects It just keeps getting better and better. I can’t wait for the next instalment.
This series focuses on Bailey Monzac who had just finished college and was deciding what to do with her life when the Dragons crossed over from Kederrawien the dragon realm. It’s at this time that she discovers she is a slayer
Sarah Leenart
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy Moly!!! What a journey has this book been? Stalked by Flames was one of my absolute favourite reads of last year and Forged by Flames is definitely up there for me this year. It has absolutely everything I look for in an urban fantasy book, characters I want as my best friends and care about just as much, utterly amazing and incredibly realistic world building (remember those annoying books where the heroine never thinks about going for a bathroom break for 24 hours plus? You won't get any ...more
Sandy Chapman
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An exciting quest

In my opinion, this newest addition to the Dragon's Breath Series is the best yet. If you haven't already read the previous novels of this series, the following contains spoilers for those books.
For humans, their whole world and everything they believed in changed in one day. They were no longer the top of the food chain. Suddenly not only were there dragons, witches, and dragon shifters, but some of the humans have discovered there is more to what they had thought they knew a
Abra
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action, alpha-female, pnr
I really enjoy this series. It features a strong heroine and hero without either dominating.

The book starts out with Bailey (the heroine) and her friend Conrad out hunting dragons. While they are driving around they are stopped by Verena, the local sorceress. Verena has helped Bailey and her friends before, but she's always been sketchy. As payment for healing Conrad a while back Verena required a favor from Bailey to be granted at a later date. Unfortunately, now is the time.

Verena tells Baile
Books In Brogan
Nov 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: blog-reviews
This is the latest installment in the the Dragon's Breath series and is a good as the rest. Today it is on sale now for $3.99 so check it out.This review was originally posted on Books In Brogan
Amanda White
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of action

I enjoyed this book. It was interesting to watch the friendships grow between characters and to find out details about the side characters that you previously didn't know about (Danae, Miles and Conrad especially). There was plenty of action and I liked getting a glimpse at the past and the origins of the shifters. All in all, it was a great read!
Clarke
Jun 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to love this series so badly. I'm not sure what keeps me from loving it but it never quite makes the leap from like to love it always leaves me slightly dissatisfied.

Glad I read the book and that the H/h has depended. Would like more character and world building out of the next books.
Chris
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it.

Very good read. The storyline grabs you. The author writes a compelling book that almost seems real. Give it a try.
Dixie
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sherri
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-owned
Very well written and the story building is amazing! I really love Aiden and Bailey. Was also nice to see Kade more active in this book. Off to read Christmas with Dragons!!
Josephine
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the conclusion. Know I can't wait to see how that decision forms the rest of the series.
E Varady
A complicated 3 stars

Despite being a diehard fan of Susan Illene's work, I have to admit I struggled with this book. If I am being honest, I also struggled throughout 2 as well. I chalked book 2 up to second book syndrome and the need to lay groundwork for books 3 and after. I think that is still valid.

For me, Forged by Flames just didn't have the usual...soul that we see in book 1 and throughout the Sensor series. I found the dialogue flowed less, became stilted. The plot wasn't unsurprising f
Lcap
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
PROS: interesting story line, brings in a lot of different characters but not so many that I felt overwhelmed, great character development- I felt like I got to really know each one of the characters (but did not really relate to them)

CONS: I did not like how the author switched POV's, in my opinion it would have been more coherent and made me feel more a part of the story and relate better to the characters if it would have all been written in first person. I was also frustrated with segments b
Alexandra G.
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing

A really great book.
So far I've loved everything this author published and I hope I'll continue to do so.
One of the things I love most about her books is the complexity of the stories. It's obvious the author put a lot of thought and time in this series.
The characters are amazing and the way she created the adventure in this book was brilliant.
I also thought that this would be the last book in the series, but I'm so happy to find out there will be more!
Can't wait for the next one!
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series.

Sure there is some romance in this series but the main characters don't complete revolve around their love interest. They have other priorities and responsibilities.

Great books, cannot wait for the next one!
Lois Alston
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

An interesting journey with lots of twists and turns. Learning a history you knew nothing of. Finding out truths you did not know about or truths you were afraid to believe. Opening ones eyes.
Norma Mason
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait for the next in series!

I have read many books on the end of the world, none did it with dragons before. I am enjoying the characters as they mature in this new world and am looking forward to the next in this series.
Gis
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!!! the story just keeps getting more interesting each time :), I love the characters and the relationship between them, Bailey, Aidan, Conrad etc. can't wait for the next book to be published.
Bonnie
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review to come!!
Tamara
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dragons
Another good sequel in this series, although I think it is weaker than the second book (but still good). If you liked the first two books, you should get this book.
Serena
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5
Det Cornforth
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five Star +++

A nice and refreshing change to the run of the mill stories. Bound by moral standards. With plenty of action of all kinds. Well written and highly recommended.
James Miller
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Good One

I love how the characters evolve throughout the novel. The plot is a delicious blend of complexity and intrigue that keeps me on my toes.
Angie Creel
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this Dragon/Apocalypse/Fantasy/Dystopian/ book! Every time I read one of Susan Illene I have to have more. This book kept me reading an wanting to know what was going to happen next.
Angela Humphrey
Dakin
Nov 23, 2016
Jo
May 15, 2018

• Wolf's Bane (Moon Marked, #1)
  • Court of Dreams (Institute of the Shadow Fae, #4)
  • Shrill Dusk (City of Magic #1)
  • Court of Night (Institute of the Shadow Fae, #3)
  • Reaper's Blood (The Grimm Brotherhood, #1)
  • Magictorn (Dragons & Druids, #3)
  • Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #3)
  • Rising Queen (Court of the Sea Fae, #3)
  • Dragon-Ridden (Dragon Ridden Chronicles, #1)
  • Dire Straits (Bo Blackman, #1)
  • Earthbound (Dragons & Druids, #2)
  • Death Game (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #3)
  • Black Wings (Black Wings, #1)
  • For King and Corruption (Dark Maji, #4)
  • Court of Shadows (Institute of the Shadow Fae, #1)
  • Twisted is the Crown (Dark Maji, #3)
  • Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
  • Night Shift Dragons (DFZ, #3)
Susan Illene served in the US Army for eleven years and worked as a human resources specialist and an Arabic linguist. She served two deployments to Iraq, and after leaving the army, she studied history at the University of Oklahoma. She and her husband currently live in Oklahoma with two high-maintenance cats doing their best to help her write her books.

Dragon's Breath (5 books)
  • Stalked by Flames (Dragon's Breath, #1)
  • Dancing with Flames (Dragon's Breath, #2)
  • Christmas with Dragons (Dragon's Breath, #4)
  • Captured in Flames (Dragon's Breath, #5)

News & Interviews