Start by marking “Wicked Little Words” as Want to Read:
Wicked Little Words

Wicked Little Words

Edwin Allen Mercer
I want them all to read my words. And they do. Every last blood-stained sentence, they've read and praised me for. They love the gore and violence, the realness. And I get a sense of power with it all because I know a secret: the victims in my books—they’re real and have all died on my table. And maybe that’s why the last book had such awful reviews. Mur
Published October 31st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Little Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Little Words

Beneath The Covers Blog
A disturbing, psychological thriller like you've never read before!
Wicked Little Words will make your head spin! It's shocking and twisted story line will make you clutch your bed covers at night, and leave your heart a little darker for reading it.

I literally cannot believe what I just read. Throughout the entire book, I kept debating with myself on how I could possibly finish it. Because it's genre is so out of my norm to read, whether it being a romance or not. I'm not a dark book rea
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Hulya by: Halime Yazıcı Mimaroğlu

HOLY SHIIIIIT! Halimeeeee, this is your fault! OMG I'm so fucked up right now!

Ugh this book was sooo freaking sick & twisted but God help me, I loved it. :D

Ps. Dilek VT, Ilknur aka Iko and Bookylicious. Thank you very much for our BR! <3

Dilek VT
My dear friends Bookylicious, Hülya, İlknur & me have done a buddy read of this book upon the recommendation of our dear friend Halime. At the end of our journey, our thoughts, feelings and thus - ratings have differed.

Here is what I think...

This is a dark and sick read. It is gritty and shocking.

Do not start to read it in the mistaken belief that this is a romantic suspense. (I myself made this mistake and there is no romance in it). It is a murder suspense story, a gory horror story. It is a sinfully twisted psychological thriller in which you should e
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
☆☆☆☆4.5 Wicked Stars☆☆☆☆

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Let me start off by saying that I've read some pretty messed up books over the past few years. Some made me cringe, others left me with my mouth hanging open because of the absurdity, and the rest just had me questioning my sanity. Yes they were crazy and unconventional but if there's one thing you should know know about me, is that I LOVE crazy.

This book right here? Was FUCKING CRAZY mixed in with a crap ton
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣

That. Ending!

description

Everything is nice and kind of predictable. You think you got the ending figured out (or at least a few possible endings). Then boom! The End!, and you wonder what the f*ck did I just read? where did that come from?

That.
Selene
What a dark, disturbing, and gloriously twisted story this was! The synopsis drew me in, but I had NO clue what I was in for! I thought that reading a story about writers writing a story together would be straight-forward and maybe even slightly exciting, yet this book was morbid and fascinating from the very first page!

Edwin Allen Mercer has a well-crafted persona. He's the king of the book world and he's in high demand, but his latest book reviews have come back with lukewarm responses and he
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

{ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.}

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Title: Wicked Little Words
Plot: 5
Characters:5
Scorching Level 5
HEA: Um...seriously?

OMG. What the hell did I just read???
Sick and addictive read. These words sum this book up. Dear God, this duo nearly killed me with their wicked little words.
Miranda is a socially awkward woman who is trying to make a career in creative writing. Her big chance comes when an interna5
ScorchingStandalone
MultipleThriller
SeriesUrruela
Words
Mirjam
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense, dark

"I do believe in love. As black as my little heart may be, I do believe in this world, there is someone for every asshole. It's just a matter of stumbling into them. And not ever letting them slip away."

This book is about Edwin Allen Mercer, a New York Times best-selling crime author and Miranda Cross, a Creative Writing graduate at Emory University and an employee of the Little Novel Bookstore off Fifth and Main in Atlanta. While EA Mercer is a brilliant writer he is also a twisted and self-centered egom
KitReads (a.k.a. nd)
More reviews at Li'l Kit’s Reviews.

Writing: ★★★★★
Story: ★★★★★
Characters: ★★★★

Overall rating: 4.6

*****5 Blindsided Stars*****

A dark and at times creepy, sinister, and extremely twisted story! And in typical Stevie J. Cole fashion she completely blew my mind!

Edwin Mercer is a New York Times bestselling author of dark horror, all of his books have had great reviews and sold well, until his last book, which got some pretty bad reviews. So on his newest book he's looking for someone to co-author with. And by the way, he's also a serial killer.

Enter Miranda Cross, a young up and comimind!
EdwinStars*****
4.6
*****5
Mojo_Mama
EDIT: 2/17/2017

I'm not changing my rating. Because this book was excellent due in large part to Stevie J Cole. But I will never read another book with BT URRUELA attached to the project. His actions and apology speak volumes about his personality.

---ORIGINAL REVIEW---

4.5 stars for the ending I did not see coming.

(THAT is some seriously unusual shit, let me tell you.)

I picture
Cj Loves Books
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*ARC REVIEW**

First and foremost, I want to give a huge THANK YOU for selecting me as one of the Lucky few to receive an ARC of this horrifyingly, glorious book!

I am not new to reading Suspense/Thrillers, but I do tend to stick to books that are more on the Dark Romance side, rather than books with guts and gore.

Wicked Little Words...what do I say, where do I begin?

Stevie J. Cole and BT Urruela did an outstanding job of co-writing this story. From one chapter
Fathima
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH.MY.GOD !!!! What the fizzle fuck ?!?!?!??!?!! That last chapter completely messes with your head and leaves you wide eyed , brain fucked and clueless !!!! Well not actually clueless , but shocked for sure !!! Didn't see that ending coming ..
Halime   Yazıcı Mimaroğlu
.**********What the fuck happened stars*********..

When I start this book I wasnt expected romance or love story.. I was expecting something disturbing and dirty. But GOD. What was that. Jesus Christ.... It made my world upside down... broken my heart to million pieces one by one....... Mystery..... Ok.. Tension... Thriller.... Thats ok for me. But through the end I start to feel something is missing here... give it to me baby...

No NO........Im not sure anymore I will be fucking O.K near FUTURE....
.**********What the fuck happened stars*********..

No NO........Im not sure anymore I will be fucking O.K near FUTURE....
description

Miranda is a student and wants to be writer and she is crazy about crime author E.A Mercer....Yes some mistery here :)))))))
in the beginning you will meet hot,crime author who is crazy mybee much more than.... And you will want to learn how he creates that kind of words for his upper class crime stories without shedding any blood.. Mybe not.... he is like as if he swims in a blood pool..Can it be REal?
After this point I dont know how I write down about story without giving any spoiler..
description

I can just say it will explode your brain,, break your heart.... and destroy you forever... And you will give every credit or stars to these incredible authors... Those who read before other works of these writer can understant What I try to say.... But this one.. This one really different and made my mouth hanging open in the end..
I asked a lots of guestions and is not answered anyone...

description

After this story I feel ı dont feel anything anymore....I just wonder what was feelings of Jack... (You will ask Who is the JAck..Nope I wont give any clue you have to read it... and learn from book not me :D).... and how was she in that mood or ......

Evet İş Türkçeye gelince çok daha kolay yazarım.. Ama bu kitap için aynı şeyi söyleyemeyeceğim Ben gerçekten ne okudum öyle ..tamam bir kaç kişinin yorumuna baktım belki bir iki fikir verir diye fakat nope Hiçbir şey öğrenemedim.. Ve tüm o yazılanlardan ve kitabın tanıtım yazısından biraz beni sarsacağını düşünmüştüm... Yani söylemek istediğim buna biraz hazırlıklıydım.. Dikkatinizi çekerim BUNA diyorum. Ama o kitap okunmaya başlayınca Buna'nın ne olduğunu ya da benim bu dediğimin hiç de bu olmadığını anladım hem de çok kötü bir şekilde....... Saçmaladığımı düşünebilirsiniz. Ben de farkındayım çünkü bu kitap bana bunu yaptı. Neyse....

Aşk romanı mı? Hayır?
Karanlık kötü şeyler mi var? Evet hem de nasıl!!!
Ama ne hayal ederseniz edin Ne Miranda Ne Edwin düşündüğünüz gibi çıkmayacak.... Yani evet onları seveceksiniz her ne kadar nefret etmek isteseni de fakat olmayacak yine yapamayacaksınız ve En sonunda ise Kendinize küfretmeye başladığınız için..
Niye mi?
1- Neden böyle bir kitabı elinize aldığınız için!
2- Böyle bir kitabı içindeki her şeye rağmen çok sevdiğiniz için ve buna yönelik bir tiksinti bile duymadığınızdan kendinizden nefret edeceksiniz?
3- o deli saçma sorulara cevabınız olmadığı gibi bir kaç tane daha eklemekten zihniniz geri durmayacağı için..

Ne duruyorsunuz Okuyun işte Sanki dünya çok güzel bir yer de Hep mutlu yaşıyorsunuz ..Sadece biraz daha bitter bir hikayeyle gününüzü bir ton daha karartçaksınız o kadar.
Saçmalıyorum işte Ağzınıza sıcacak Ağzınıza.... Yine de okuyun.......
Nilufer Ozmekik
OMG!!! Till the last 20 pages, I was so frustrated for choosing this book, I was planning to give it hardly three stars. I was also confused why the readers have written so much good reviews about this book! But then, yes you can sense what I’m saying “ I didn’t see it coming”!!!
Mostly I can predict this kind of twist because in real life I question every nook and crannies. And guess what, the writer pulled out the rug from under my feet. I’m still sitting on the ground with a sucker punch
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
Are you ready to have your mind turned inside out? Wicked Little Words will do that and more. This book gave me the creeps to say the least and the ending was twistedly unexpected.

Honestly, some of the graphic details had me shuttering. Right from the beginning the story takes a dark tone. It’s perfect for Halloween or a late night read during a storm.

Miranda Cross is a college student studying creative writing and has been selected to co-author with the New York Times Bestselling a
José
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans de Jack Ketchum
Shelves: kindle, horror-read
Podés encontrar esta y otras reseñas en mi blog.

"Do you think any of those fucking readers paid attention to my writing before I started killing people? Before I started getting the murders in my own novels as realistic as possible? You bet your goddamn ass they didn't. They want the gore. They want the carnage. They want the mayhem. And goddamn it, I'm going to give it to them."

Llegué a enterarme de la existencia de este libro por pura casualidad al repasar los nominados a los Goodreads awards en la
Elaina Lucia
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Wicked Literary Masterpiece Bound in Darkness

I'm mind blown. I've sat here at my computer writing and deleting this review multiple times. Words are failing me, and that's really saying something because I rarely shut up.

I'm in awe of the sheer brilliance that BT Urruela and Stevie J Cole obviously possess to be able create this story. The co-writing is flawless! They compliment each other's writing so perfectly that to be honest, if the author names were not on the cover I would have thou
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
**** 4.5 Totally Wicked Read Stars ****

"Please, save me your tears. I have no use for them. Now your blood," I grin. "That's a whole other matter.".

photo ea_zps9rjf4ijl.jpg

EA Mercer is a best selling author of the dark and gruesome reads that so many have fallen in love with. But now, EA has stumbled into a bad case of writers block. To overcome his writer's block, he and his agent look for the next up and coming author to ghost write with him.

EA is not your typical good looking guy and amazing writer. He has a side of him tha
Amanda Kelley
Nov 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This was disappointing. I absolutely loved the ending but all but the last 15% of this book was very slow and not much happened so I honestly couldn't give it a higher rating.
Set
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
tumblr_naucgvw_Hd_R1qk6mq4o1_500
I freaking love this bat shit crazy book. What did I just read? What happened to my moral compass? haha I would have never picked up a book like this because who the hell can love a serial killer? Oh boy, it's a nice little quick read that delivers so many emotions. I was screaming "run" in my head a few times; I had a lot of fun reading this book. I hope there's a movie based on this book soon, I don't even care if it's lifetime.
It follows the story of an innocent antisocial college student that ends up w
 Joyce
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I dislike that KU book notes can't be added to gr!

62%. I just want to shout at her, go with your gut instinct!

Oh my, where to start without giving anything away. I really enjoyed the story. Definitely a good twist on your dark serial killer reads. I never saw the ending coming. Really I think there was only one clue, and I totally missed it.

So the entire concept is a writer bringing their story to life. Really writing about how they kill women. And use the killing as their inspiration. It's a
Barbara
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blue Reviews WICKED LITTLE WORDS by Stevie J. Cole and BT Urruela

The best I can do is to try and relay to you my most honest reactions and raw emotions while reading WICKED LITTLE WORDS. This is not my normal preferred genre and there were times where I was afraid that I would have to walk away from it.

I might have been able to put it down because of some of the intense insanity that was being played out on those pages. But if I had had the strength to leave the story bec
Deborah
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OUTSTANDING! I preordered...and it dropped at midnight right? So, I purposefully went to bed early, set my alarm for 12:30 am and woke up to read this book. Why? Because I needed to! Five hours later and I'm in shock. I'm an avid reader and I love my happily ever after. I'm an epilogue type girl. Therefore I was nervous to start this action packed, nail biter.

This book, these words...these Wicked Little Words. Just WOW! I'm blown away. I have no idea who wrote what. Nor do I care. I just know t
B.E.L.L.A.Mc
It was veering into 5* territory. Loved the characters; all of them. At first I thought oh poop, when Jax came on the scene, sniffing around Miranda. I didn't want it to be the old good guy/bad guy trope. It's been done ad nauseum. However I quickly got hooked on Jax; great character. All alpha male with a great sense of humour. Every gals dream fantasy man. So I was digging it.

The bad guy, the author Edwin, started off cool and sexy (and murderous) but unfortunately I detected something 'missi
Nance
Hot Damn! I can't even begin to say how this one ends! So not expecting that!! Dark! Thrilling! Heartstopping! Graphic! And, Scary!!! If you are into dark reads, you can't miss this one! I don't even know where to begin so as not to give away spoilers. But, this will f**k with your mind after all is said and done. Read it in one sitting. That's how consuming and mind-blowing it was. Two authors writing together. Feeding off of each other's words. POV's of three different characters. Why only 4 s ...more
Amanda
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't even put into words this book and how it made me feel. There were so many OMG moments, very little romance which ironically I did not miss. The creativity in Stevie and BT to write these details and put it together to that epic ending is something I will never comprehend. This book is not romance necessarily but is a work of sheer genius! :) 5
Sarah Austin
I'm vacillating between giving this 3.5 and 4 stars. The writing was good and the story flowed well but I kind of felt they let the cat out of the bag in the few few chapters including the prologue so 3.5 it is!
Cheryl
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was just Brilliant...like no other book I have ever read. This isn't my usual genre...but I am so glad I stepped out of my box!!!! You are in for the ride of your life with this book. Stevie J Cole and BT Urruela are magical together. Five stars isn't nearly enough!!!
Kelly Emery (Beneath The Covers Blog)
Full review can be found at Beneath The Covers Blog --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.*
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)
Review contains a few spoilers.

Wow. My mind is on the ceiling. This is they type of thriller I love. Did not expect the ending. I love this! I can't wait to get my physical copy so I can reread this. I have read one of Cole's books before and two of Urruela's and love both of their work. So when on twitter I say Urruela post that he co-author with Cole on this I knew I had to have/>

• Into the Blood (Broken Outlaw #2)
  • 24690 (24690, #1)
  • The Pilo Traveling Show
  • Pushed (Held, #2)
  • Dirty (Bad. Dirty. Power. #2)
  • Strictly Professional (Strictly Professional, #1)
  • Jack & Jill
  • Snuffed: Part One (Snuff #2)
  • Night Fury: Second Act (Night Fury, #2)
  • Conviction (Devine, #2)
  • Crave (The Devil and the Diamond, #1)
  • Camden (Four Sons, #4)
  • Dark Night of the Soul
  • The Fatal Heir (Gillian Jones Mystery #1)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • SNAP (The SNAP Trilogy #1)
  • Sin and Vengeance
  • Blame It on the Shame (Blame It on the Shame, #2)
Stevie J. Cole likes to write realistic stories with raw, gritty characters you should hate but can't help but to love.

She's obsessed with rock music, loves sloths, and has an unnatural obsession with British accents.

Her books are not recommended for the faint of heart.
“Fiction was the only way I stayed sane. But I didn't read romances or fairy tales. Nope. I looked for the gritty, the perverse. The dark. Because those kinds of stories gave me hope that there were far worse things in life than what I was dealing with.” 1 likes
“We all float down here…” 0 likes