Start by marking “The Wolf of Dalriada” as Want to Read:
The Wolf of Dalriada

The Wolf of Dalriada

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  8 ratings  ·  4 reviews
'Gaelic calls spin a web through the mist in arcs of soft sound. Fear unsteadies the unseen flocks on the scrub heather hillside as men and dogs weave a trap around them in the darkling night. Once the flocks are penned, then the lanterns are turned towards the south. The watchers wait in silence.'

It is 1793... As Europe watches the French Revolution's bloody progress, u
Published September 28th 2016 by Troubador Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Wolf of Dalriada, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wolf of Dalriada

Sara Conklin
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a long over due review. I've had this book for like 3 months now, and it has got to get checked off my to do list.

Generally I'm am never so unsure of a book as I am with this one. It was really good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think that it was my type of book persay. I selected to review this book because I am a fan of some of the things it features. Like history and politics. That being said I wasn't let down. The writing was amazing, the character development and the setting wer
Helen Hollick
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book has received a Discovering Diamonds Review:
" Part political intrigue, part romance, part mysticism, this debut novel, The Wolf of Dalriada, explores the upheaval of the period of the French Revolution and it is refreshing to see life in this era from the different perspective of Scotland rather than the more usual London/Paris Scarlet Pimpernel-type romantic adventure."

Helen Hollick
founder #DDRevs
Peggy Slater
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I received it free from Netgalley in exchange for a fair review. It's set in late 18th century Scotland at the beginning of the French Revolution. The female protagonist, Adele, is French who was lost in a card game to Sir William Robinson by her father and then taken to Scotland by Robinson. The male protagonist, Malcolm Craig Lowrie, is a Scottish laird who is embroiled in a political struggle over control over his lands with the Duke of Argyll. There is so much political in ...more
Mrs J A Freeman
rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2017
Cat
Mar 12, 2018 added it
I gave this book several chapters and could just not get into the story. It just wasn't type of book. It's well written and the plot was interesting- historical highland fiction story. I am sure it will have, or has, it's readers. just not for me.
Shelly
Eirini
May 08, 2018
Hope
Sep 02, 2018
After 25 years of public health journalism and ten years as a consultant in the use of writing for therapeutic and other purposes, I have at last returned to my first love: fiction writing. I love travel and this - with a good story - provides my inspiration.