Start by marking “Detective Comics #942” as Want to Read:
Detective Comics #942

Detective Comics #942

(Detective Comics (2016) (Single Issues) #942)

“NIGHT OF THE MONSTER MEN” part six! The earth-shaking finale is here! Batman’s going one-on-one with Hugo Strange, the mastermind behind the beasts unleashed on Gotham…but the biggest and most dangerous of all the monsters was saved for last! What will the Bat-Family have to sacrifice to bring it down? And what’s the strange secret behind Hugo’s design?
Published October 12th 2016 by DC

To ask other readers questions about Detective Comics #942, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Detective Comics #942

Patrick
Oct 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Is there a rating lower than "I did not like it"? I ask because there should be.

This title was my reigning champ of the Rebirth movement. It was the gold standard.

The next story arc had better not be anything less than spectacular because I feel like DC owes me a refund on my money and my time in regards to this whole crossover.
Dr Rashmit Mishra
Oh Dear writers , why or more importantly , How? How could you fuck this up !

since launch of DC Rebirth , James Tynion has done arguably the best work amongst all Batman and Bat-family writers , except maybe his mentor Scott Snyder , so It came as a surprise to find out that Steve Orlando will be doing 2 of Detective comics title for the night of monster men , and initially it worked and worked really well .

The 6 part "Night of Monster Men" story arc was full of typical batman moments and some
Brendan
Dec 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Happy to see this arc come to the conclusion. Wasn't a great fan of the story infecting most of the batman companion books with this weak storyline. Looking forward to moving on with this interesting detective comics series, apart from this bore. This issue was okay but not great.
Brandon St Mark
Glad that's over. The ending of this issue was interesting for the plot lines it sets up, but the Monster Men idea was such a waste of time.
Marisa Carpico
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Damn fine ending. Really like the art. Interesting that its core message–that Batman uses his fears and flaws as weapons essentially–is really something any Batman fan should know. Yet it feels slightly revelatory.
mike andrews
A bit anti climactic for the Six part crossover
Wayne McCoy
Oct 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Detective Comics 942' by Steve Orlando and James Tynion IV wraps up Night of the Monster Men storyline with part 6. Even though Nightwing is on the cover and in the issue, I guess he doesn't get credit for being in the story since he's not mentioned on the splash page.

But he is a part of this story and team as he, Batwoman, Spoiler and Orphan attempt to stop the large monster threatening Gotham. Meanwhile, Batman is going straight to the source, a crazy Hugo Strange that thinks he has the drop
Patrick
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
While I was not a big fan of this crossover, it was great to see most of the Batfamily back together fighting off a threat to Gotham. Unfortunately that threat wasn't that great. Also I'm not 100 percent clear how they stopped this threat. But it's over and Hugo Strange is locked back in Arkham. His monster venom has been traced back to Bane?! Imagine that?
My apologies for the sarcasm. If you want to see the Batfamily in action, check this out.

I recieved an advanced copy of this from NetGalley
Tar Buendía
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Final de "la noche de los monstruos"
M
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Glad this is over.
Paul
A bit of an anti-climactic end to the Night of the Monster Men crossover event. I liked the crossover event for the most part, around a 3 rating for the 6 issues total. They were fun but nothing amazing.
20hrsinamerica
Ditto the last issue. Although I did enjoy seeing the Justice League on one of the last few pages.
Eric
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Monster Men #6

Well, I'd say this is the best Monster Men, but that isn't saying much. Batman finally has his confrontation with Strange and that's the highlight of the 6 part series for sure. I'm glad this arc is over. I hope the next story is better. We are about 6 months into the Rebirth and I am not impressed with either Batman series.
John
Oct 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-book
The verbal exchange between Batman and Hugo Strange was good.Batman had a great line.You thought projecting my faults as monsters would stop me?You dont understand me at all Strange.I dont run from my monsters.I embrace them.
The Sapphic Nerd
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is at least better than the previous issue, but it's nowhere near as good as the earlier issues of this run, either. There's one cool scene where Batman gets angry... and that's about it. Meh.
Cyras Thorne
Fábio Luiz
rated it it was ok
Feb 11, 2019
Eric
rated it did not like it
Nov 04, 2016
Mat Francis
Nov 23, 2016
Mahnoor Ansari
Jan 22, 2017
mekkaouii_
I never thought I'd have so much trouble with the unimpressive, constantly changing artwork.. This is just not working out in so many ways :/
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Detective Comics (2016) (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 70 books)
  • Detective Comics #934