Start by marking “All Things I Can Do” as Want to Read:
All Things I Can Do

All Things I Can Do

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Drawing inspiration from Philippians 4:13, "All Things I Can Do," is a fun and engaging children's poetry book that covers a range of issues like vanquishing a monster in a closet, wishing for a snow day in July, giving a guardian angel a day off, and more. "All Things I Can Do," has an inspirational undertone, quirky voice, and beautiful illustrations to support the book' ...more
Published October 6th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about All Things I Can Do, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Things I Can Do

Keep Calm Novel On
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The author via Booktasters provided a copy of the eBook in exchange for an honest review.

All Things I Can Do is an original poetry collection for all ages. For adults, it is a pleasant visit down memory lane. This most enjoyable read aloud lends itself perfectly to a positive discussion about faith in oneself. The author’s powerful message is not complicated. Lilly Rowe is a gifted poet and Joel Guerrero’s creative images have captured the meaning of the written words. All Things I Can Do is a g
Blogging Mama101
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All Things I Can Do is a charming Christian book for children.

A collection of sweet and simple poems, about all our every day childhood experiences, with quite lovely illustrations to accompany each.

It covers the essence of childhood - learning to ride a bike, trying new foods (graciously) and having a wobbly tooth come out and the tooth fairy visit.

We are not a religious family ourselves but I know my children would have adored this book when they were younger, the sheer delightful simplicity,
Challa Fletcher
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This is a cute little book of poetry for children. Short and to the point and I think children will enjoy reading it as much as they will enjoy it being read to them. A round of applause for the illustrations done for Joel Guerrero. The colors are the ride shade of bright and a natural dark and the illustrations have a little bit of a cartoon look to them.

Some of the tempo of the story seems off beat, or shifts beat towards the end of the poems. It made me go back and read a line twice in a few
Deborah
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As I stated, my family is secular and we absolutely LOVED this book! Rarely can you find poetry for children that conceal important life lessons, usually they are just full of nonsense or just too hard for children to understand. Lilly's poetry, through a variety of scenarios, repeats the message that a child is capable of achieving anything if they just have faith in themselves (or God).

My son, who is generally incapable of sitting through a story, sat through this whole book, only speaking to
Caroline
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
I received a copy of ' All Things I Can Do' via Booktasters in return for an honest review.

Read this over Christmas with my 7 year old son. He's not the biggest fan of poetry so I was a little worried about getting him to listen to this or read it with me. I tried it at bedtime and started by showing him the first picture: he was immediately fascinated and wanted to hear the poem. There are about 15 or so poems in the book, all with an accompanying illustration. They cover various topics from co
R.J. Groves
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"All Things I Can Do" is a superbly written children's poetry book, complete with rhymes and incredible illustrations. Kids can relate perfectly with each poem (e.g. baking with Grandma, riding a bike, being scared of monsters or thunder and lightning etc) and they are a perfect length for a nice, uplifting, short and sweet poem for your kids. The poems are simple and easy to read (perfect for early readers) and the rhymes flow nicely. The artwork is beautiful and interesting for young kids and ...more
Ana Souza
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Written all in rhymes and presenting everyday situations of a growing child, All things I can do is a sweet and effective way that parents and tutors can use to show and teach their children and pupils, through their own understanding and experience, how them can deal, interact and face positively, a new surrounding world of which they are integral part.
kiko_reads
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
All Things I Can Do is an adorable kids poetry book, that shows the experiences a kids will have or has had growing up. From cooking with grandma, to making the baseball team, to concurring the monster in your closet.

Yes this is a children's book, but that does not mean that an adult or teenager cant read it too.

I really enjoyed this little kids poetry book. It made me smile the whole time while I was reading and made me remember the time when I was cooking with my grandma or being thought how
Wulfwyn
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Faith and Fun

I am reviewing this book with a 3, 5 and 9 year old, 2 boys and a girl. The oldest, who came up with the review title, is on the autism spectrum. We like to read everyday and mostly do stories. This book of poetry was something different for them, though, of course, we have read a lot of rhyming stories.
We were excited to review this book. It was a win-win for both the children and the adults. We all enjoyed the different poems which covered a variety of experiences.
The three yea
Shefali
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I gave a copy of this book to my six-year-old cousin and now she can't stop raving about it. I have never before seen her so curious about God and faith, and baseball (since baseball is not very popular in India)!

I read the book myself to check what was so special and indeed, it's the most wonderful children's poetry book that I have come across recently. It covers a wide range of topics with an undertone of faith in all of them and with a hope that one will always be protected by God.

There is
Joshua Jenkins
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This selection is not a traditional picture book. Rather, it is a collection of poems with accompanying illustrations that provide encouragement and support to children who experience the challenges that come with being little. The title is a reference to a verse from the New Testament, Phillipians 4:13. As such, readers should be aware that the poems are spiritual in nature, although this reviewer did not find them to be overtly religious. The texts at times use the word God or capitalized pron ...more
Nerdish Mum
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll start with with artwork, the art is bright and very engaging for children. I liked the fact that there was a picture before each poem which was relevant to the poem so you could talk about the picture with your child to help them with understanding the poem.

The poems themselves are all very beautifully written and they rhyme (always such a good thing in children's books). I feel that each poem is as strong as the other and there are some really good lessons throughout. Being inspired by a
Melissa Knive
Cute but misleading, Faith-based children's lit

This book has adorable pictures and some very cute stories in a metre. Unfortunately, unless you read one of the book's descriptions that says it has an "inspirational undertone", in our secular world you will miss how religious this book is. Religion is a great and personal thing, but when it put to you without clarity, it causes problems. I liked the first story about making cookies with Grandma.
Jmonicap
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this book it was interesting and inspirational. I read it to My little cousin and they it seem to really enjoyed it as well and I am very sure that all children will enjoy reading this . It contain great encouraging message that will stay with children for along time. I hope parents will pick this book up for there child.
Side notes :(there is slight nod to religion but nothing that would be over whelming or heavy handle or interfere with anything big)
Kelly Tarr
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this children's poetry book. I read it to some students at school and they enjoyed it as well. Great, uplifting, encouraging message delivered in great way. It was funny and motivating- A great conversation starter for students! Nice illustrations and short but sweet poems.
LeeAnne Hansen
Kevina
Apr 27, 2017
Kevina
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*received from booktasters for an honest review*

Loved it! Such a sweet, fun and inspiring collections of poems to teach kids of what is good and bad. I will be reading this to my nieces and nephews.
cecilia xiao