Start by marking “Reach for You (The Dark Heart #3)” as Want to Read:
Reach for You (The Dark Heart #3)

Reach for You

(The Dark Heart #3)

Her passion is her greatest weakness.
His legacy is his prison.
To reunite, both must fight the demons within.

Published June 27th 2017 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

The Book Junkie Reads . . .
I began this journey with Annie and Chase over a year ago with A Hold On Me and now here I am with Reach for You. This has been a ride that gave as good as it got. It showed that there are some pretty strong women out there that will fight for their role in the world, for their love, for their family, for their everything. Annie had to stand up and take charge of her life and make what she wanted become reality. You are truly tested when you know that you must have an enemy as an ally or even on ...more
Beth Cato
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, paranormal, romance
Esden wraps up her Dark Heart trilogy with this satisfying book that's part New Age paranormal romance and thriller. The second book ended in disaster, with Annie's mother and her beloved Chase trapped in the realm of djinn. Annie is a strong young woman and she's easy to relate to, as she yearns to know the mother who vanished when she was five and to save her future with half-djinn Chase.

For a while, I was afraid the book was developing a love triangle--I really don't like those--but to my re
Shala
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this conclusion to this series! I found it exciting and sweet all at the same time! I also feel the writing got better with each book! I look forward to Pat Esdens next project!
Casey Griffin
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reach for You is the third installment in the Dark Heart series that will leave you with that “ahhhh” feeling of satisfaction once you finally put it down...and then pick it back up to read again :) As the final book, Esden did an amazing job wrapping things up while also taking everything to the next level. And I mean everything. It left me feeling emotionally satisfied, and at the same time, kept me on the edge of my seat with non-stop action.

I loved seeing Annie’s character grow throughout t
K. Lincoln
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

In this third installment of the Dark Heart series, Annie has just had to leave her love/half-ifrit Chase back in the realm of the djinn after a failed attempt to save her mother.

She's back in Moonhill and trying to find Lotli, the shamaness who got them to the realm with her magic flute, and figure out what her cousin Selena's boyfriend is mixed up in.

There's skulking around in shady clubs, another encounter with Chase's mother, an
Fawn
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps getting better. The way it has grown and developed into a complex yet simple to follow story keeps your interest. Lotli becomes a character I want to tear apart with my bare hands. Chase is at a breaking point and it is all up in the air which direction things will go. Things are deeply dark again here in this third book. Yet Annie has family to help and support her this time. The drama is ongoing and keeps you hanging on until the end. A very intense read.
Karen
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This was a good and exciting story with strong female characters and a lot of paranormal energy. I was a little lost because this is a trilogy finale which is my fault, not the authors, as I just discovered the story. There was a lot of action, romance, and suspense and I hope to read more by this author in the future.
Gigi staub
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Her passion is her greatest weakness.
His legacy is his prison.
To reunite, both must fight the demons within.

A world of deception and danger separates Annie Fremont from her mother--and from Chase, the enigmatic half ifrit with whom Annie's fallen in love. But she vows to find her way back to them, before Chase succumbs to the madness that threatens his freedom. The only person who can help is the magical seductress, Lotli, a beautiful, manipulative woman . . . a woman who has disappeared.

Annie m
Catherine Schaff-Stump
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have reviewed the first two books of Esden's Dark Heart Series before. These two books are high on romance and adventure. The third book is a fitting end to the series, with a definite maturing of the main character that I find appealing.

Annie Fremont is back, and I mean that in more than a "returns in book 3" kind of way. In this book, as Annie and her family go to rescue the love of her life, half-efrit Chase, Annie is in charge. She's calling all the shots, making all the right moves, and
Nicole Kelleher
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In 2017, I downloaded books 1 & 2 of the Dark Heart Novels, and found myself exploring not a world of vampires or shape shifters, but genies. In the 3rd book, Reach for You, Esden continues to blow me away with her creation of the magical djinn realm and her introduction of a secret cultish society about which I will say nothing else for fear of writing a spoiler.

And then there’s Lotli. I love this character almost as much as the three-book spanning love story between Annie and Chase. I hop
J.
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I sped through the end of this last night (staying up way past my bedtime!) because I wanted to know if the whole story ended the way I wanted. And I can't tell anyone the answer now!

But I found this third novel in the series to be the wrap-up that the series needed. I got the answers I didn't have after Book 2, and was satisfied with Chase and Annie's story. (Trying to avoid spoilers).

I'm definitely looking forward to what Esden has coming next ;o)
Sheila Lowe
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great final book in the series .
Dorothy J
Jul 30, 2017
Robin Rice
Aug 09, 2017
Pat Esden
Oct 13, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Amy McNulty
Debra
DaisyLynneReads
Beth Tilley
Feb 16, 2017
Pat Esden would love to say she spent her childhood in intellectual pursuits. The truth is she was fonder of exploring abandoned houses and old cemeteries. When not out on her own adventures, she can be found in her northern Vermont home writing stories about brave, smart women and the men who capture their hearts.

She is the author of the contemporary fantasy Dark Heart series from Kensington Boo

The Dark Heart (3 books)
  • A Hold on Me (The Dark Heart, #1)
  • Beyond Your Touch (The Dark Heart, #2)