Start by marking “How to Be a "Wicked" Woman” as Want to Read:
How to Be a "Wicked" Woman

How to Be a "Wicked" Woman

(Wicked Women)

The Wicked Witch Of The West Side - Mary Janice Davidson New York publisher Karen Desjardin has been driven to fits of temperamental insanity by clueless bean-counters and bad writing. The only person who isn't afraid of Karen is her publishing house's best selling romance star-Hope Desiree LaFrance, a.k.a. hunky writer Steven McCord. And he has a few plans to redeem his w ...more
Published August 1st 2004 by Brava

To ask other readers questions about How to Be a "Wicked" Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Be a "Wicked" Woman

Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
I'll eventually come back and finish my thoughts but I just wanted to say:
this book was awesome! For some reason it was awesome. I really can't remember what this book was about, whoops, but I have the lingering feeling that this book is awesome! Because I read "How to be a Wicked Woman", I got dragged into my anthologies phase/haze/obsession of "Wicked Women" and "Bad Boys", yumm... *lascivious wink*
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
"The Wicked Witch of the West Side" is short and funny, just what I needed on a bad day. "Instruction in Seduction" is a hot read that later touches emotional buttons that some full-length stories even miss. "Wicked Ways" may be a little unrealistic but has a charm and heat that entertains and entices.
Courtney
Feb 25, 2010 rated it liked it
Oddly enough, the one author that I'd read and enjoyed previously was the one that I enjoyed reading the least in this collection of three short stories. There was far too much dialogue that was trying so hard to be snappy and witty that it came off as completely unnatural. That combined with a few serious out-of-character comments and actions really left me disappointed.

All three were all right, with the second and the third stories being the better, but all together? It was just meh. I think
Chinablue_25 West Bostedor
Dec 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
Ok so the first story by Mary Janice Davidson had me rolling my eyes. Sorry but when a guy tells you that the two of you are going to get married and have grandchildren and then follows it with a FIRST kiss (not even on a date...working together) YOU RUN!

The second story I LOVED. By Jamie Denton. About two cops who are partners and the woman starts asking her male partner for help in the bedroom because she had yet another guy break up with her claiming she is lousy in bed. Jackson is sweet, pa
Michelle Wardhaugh
Three stories by three authors:

"The Wicked Witch of the West Side" by MaryJanice Davidson = frickin' hilarious. I even laughed while exercising and reading at the same time, and those that know me, know how much I loathe exercising;

"Instruction in Seduction" by Jamie Denton = not bad but slightly uncomfortable in the beginning with an inappropriate relationship and then excessive emotional baggage in the end;

"Wicked Ways" by Susanna Carr = hot stuff with a plot shaped like a roller coaster ri
Christy Stewart
Sep 15, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, reviewed
I put the book down the moment in the first story were the dude literally had a heart attack when the leading lady was nice to him.

How clever and hilarious. It was the lame joke that broke this bitch's back.
Stacy Simpson
Mar 25, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a book with three stories in it. The first story was the best the second was ok the third sucked so bad I won't finish it. I will be looking for more work by the author of the first story because she knows how to write a good strong solid female character.
Amy
Feb 18, 2009 rated it it was ok
I chose this book from the bookstore shelves by the look of the cover. I thought it would be an "easy, fun" read. The stories were fun, but the conent was a bit more graphic than what I was looking for when choosing the book.
Shannon
Mar 17, 2010 rated it liked it
I liked the first two stories. The last one not so much.
Patrice
Shelves: romance
The 1st story was good
The 2nd story was even better
The 3rd story was awesome
I love books with graphic sex scenes and this book delivered
Monica Abbott
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Not what I expected. A collection of short stories, that I didn't find to be at all as "wicked" as I expected.
Samantha
Mar 30, 2009 rated it liked it
These were amusing stories - fun and silly.
Patti
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
I got bored with this one.

First story was OK, second story was a little less OK, third story was just boring.
Fun - Light - Fluff. I love these anthologies as they introduce me to other writers - so I am really kind of hooked on them.
Gosia
Nov 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Some good short stories ; )
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Brenda Haven
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
Only read the MaryJanice Davidson story.
Mireille
Feb 11, 2008 rated it it was ok
TOTAL FLUFF & A WASTE OF TIME.
She’s only good at the urban fantasy/romance/comedy books... any time she veers off that style, it is terrible.
Tanya Salyers
Wicked Witch of West Side - B-
Lori Whitwam
Mar 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, humor, romance
Fun, naughty stories (3). The first, by MaryJanice Davidson was my favorite. Reading her gets me in the mood to write, too.
Angie
Oct 01, 2008 rated it it was ok
Very easy reading and very light erotica. Good introductory book for those seeking out erotica for the first time.
Ida

• Red-Hot and Royal
  • Kick Ass (Warlord, #2)
  • Men at Work
  • Baddest Bad Boys
  • Mysteria Nights (Mysteria, #1-2)
  • Bad Boys Southern Style
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • Wicked Wonderland
  • Burning Up: Four Novellas of Erotic Romance
  • Bad Boys Over Easy
  • 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #2)
  • Who Ran My Underwear up the Flagpole?
MaryJanice Davidson is an American author and motivational speaker who writes mostly paranormal romance, but also young adult and non-fiction. She is the creator of the popular Undead series and is a New York Times and USA Today best-selling author. She writes a bi-weekly column for USA Today ("A Writer's Life") and lives in St. Paul with her family. You can reach her on Facebook and follow her on ...more

Wicked Women (5 books)