Start by marking “Intimacy and Friendship: How Patrick O'Brian's Stories Can Save Your Love Life” as Want to Read:
Intimacy and Friendship: How Patrick O'Brian's Stories Can Save Your Love Life

Intimacy and Friendship: How Patrick O'Brian's Stories Can Save Your Love Life

2.67  ·  Rating details ·  3 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Couples revitalize their relationships by using Patrick O'Brian's stories from a masculine world of the Napoleon Era and the narrative therapy guidelines tailored to modern day problems. The book guides men, who are practiced at "fixing" problems, to learn to speak more openly about their feelings and mistakes without demolishing their self-esteem. Using narrative therapy ...more
Published February 9th 2006 by Trafford Publishing (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Intimacy and Friendship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intimacy and Friendship

Gilly McGillicuddy
Jan 16, 2008 rated it did not like it
The first book read in my 2008 challenge to read fifty books in a year. Absolutely hilarious in every single way.

So I started reading "Intimacy and Friendship: How O'Brian's Stories Can Change Your Love Life" and AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh Gods, I nearly peed myself laughing so much.

This is the best book ever.

"And I'm grateful for the countless times you've been like Dr. Maturin and rubbed my back like a "good doctor"."

*wipes tears of laughter away*

Hooo...

I keep imagining Jack and Stephen fol
Matimate
Apr 24, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction, 2008
The book show an interesting usage of Patrick O'Brian Master and Commander series in the psychological treatment of the matrimonial problems.It is nothing I would reread or use in my life. Narrative therapy is simply too butchered here.
Rahul Kumar