Start by marking “Dying for Dinner (A Cooking Class Mystery, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dying for Dinner (A Cooking Class Mystery, #4)

Dying for Dinner (A Cooking Class Mystery #4)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  376 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
When Annie leaves the safety of her old bank job to become the full-time manager of her boyfriend's restaurant, what's meant to be the first day of the rest of her life might be the last day of someone else's.
Published December 2nd 2008 by Berkley (first published December 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dying for Dinner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dying for Dinner

Hilary
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: light, mystery
A fun read. When Annie quits her job as a bank teller to concentrate on her work at Bellywashers, she thinks she'll finally have plenty of time to do just the one job... until she ends up working at Tres Bonne Cuisine as well, and investigating both a murder and a missing person.

I haven't read the other books in the series, but this was easy enough to get into. I may look at the others to fill in the backstory more. My only quibble: I really can't see a professional chef, or someone training stu
Linda
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bingo
I enjoy this series and it's cast of characters. Annie did quite a bit of investigating and had lots of help from her friends. I like how supportive everyone is. The mystery was good.
Thirumagal
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Teena in Toronto
Jan 20, 2012 rated it liked it
This is the fourth in the Cooking Class Series ... I finished the first one on Sunday. You don't need to have read the others to know what's going on ... things from the other books are mentioned but not in great deal so as to not give too much away.

As in the first book, I still don't understand why she and her friend, Eve, are encouraged to investigate murder. Annie is a teller turned office manager of a restaurant and Eve worked in a department store and is now the hostess of the restaurant. T
Starfish
Mar 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Part of a series that combines cooking and death! Two great tastes that go great together.

This was light, enjoyable fluff, but I felt cheated by the fact that the mystery aspect led to a guy that we'd never even heard of -- lots of people we'd never heard of. I guess it feels like cheating when the solution is something that is entirely out of the reader's ability to predict -- Chandler's a bit that way, but at least with Chandler you get given the likely suspects introduced to you and you can
Leeankh
Sep 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Even though I figured out who the bad guy was very early on, I didn't know his motive or other very important details until much later. I feel bad for Jacques because that character has been squeezed for more story lines than I would have thought possible. Yet, I still like the series. I really like Annie, Jim, and Eve overall. I was a little disappointed with how Eve was portrayed during one scene at the end, but it wasn't enough to affect my overall impression. If I could talk to the author, h ...more
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Feb 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozies, 2009
4th in the series about Annie & Eve, best friends that solve mysteries in their spare time..well, sometimes it gets in the way of their jobs. This installment finds Annie working at the Bellywasher's full time after deciding to quit her job at the bank. Her ex shows up (turns out he is divorcing the woman he left her for and might want to rekindle something) and Jacques who create Vavoom! has gone missing when his employee Greg was killed in the shop.

I wasn't sure when I read the first book
Diane Heath
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
This is the first of this series I have read even though it is #4 in the series. It has few slow points and one quickly grows fond of Annie. The disadvantage is that when I locate and read the first 3 books I will know the backstory of one of her friends. It is that backstory that creates the plot and is what Annie has to investigate to solve a murder.
Shannon
Mar 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was another great book in this series. The 4th book. I so look forward to the 5th book. I love Annie's character because she is so easy for many woman to relate to. I also like her friend Eve she is funny. The regular characters are all likable. This was a nice mystery. Not too complicated not too simple either. I would recommend this to any lover of cozy mysteries.
Rebecca
Jun 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: just-read
Pretty decent mystery with a main character who likes to investigate on her own. The only problem- series name is "Cooking Class Mystery" but really the story has very little to do with a cooking class.
Brigette
Feb 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Annie was a little clueless in this one (really, how long did that black sedan have to follow her around?) but it's a good stepping stone in this series. A decent cozy, although I'd like to see Jim fleshed out a little more.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Aug 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It has a mystery within a mystery and that truly drives the action of the book. I was pleased with the ending as well.

I'm new to this series but I won't be a stranger from now on.

A good murder mystery.
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Jul 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009-read
Oh la la! This one is all about Monsieur and the life he lived before he became a chef. Let's just say Annie figures it all out. Good mystery and light fluffy romance to boot.
Belinda Curatolo
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read. Endearing characters, and loved the Scottish nod!
Robin Kaplan
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Elaine
Jan 07, 2013 rated it liked it
A lot of fun, mostly improbable, but what the heck? Think I'll have to find Dead Men Don't Get the Munchies. :)
Sara
Sep 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
I love Annie and Eve! This series just gets better with each book!
Paula
Jun 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
This one had a very good story and I LOVED the end!! I look forward to the next one.
Kellie
Mar 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Another fun cozy cooking mystery. I wish they'd go back to calling Jacques by that name rather than Norman, though. They switched much, much too easily!
Christine
Sep 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Another good, quick read. I was shocked at what Jacques was doing with his product- sneaky. Things are progressing with Annie and Jim.
Janet Wagler
Christin
Mar 15, 2013
Rachel
Jul 03, 2011
  • Chocolate Dipped Death (A Candy Shop Mystery, #2)
  • The Piper on the Mountain (Felse, #5)
  • Reservations for Murder (Lighthouse Inn Mystery #2)
  • The Bone Fire (Gil Montoya Mystery #2)
  • Dead Past (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #4)
  • A Catered Valentine's Day (A Mystery with Recipes, #4)
  • Recipe for Murder (A Cozy Crumb Mystery, #1)
  • The Chocolate Puppy Puzzle (A Chocoholic Mystery, #4)
  • Biggie and the Devil Diet (Biggie Weatherford, #6)
  • When Last I Died (Mrs. Bradley, #13)
  • Pasta Imperfect (Passport to Peril, #3)
  • Rotten to the Core (Orchard, #2)
120832
A pseudonym used by Constance Laux.

Casey Daniels, it can now be revealed, is also Miranda Bliss. As Casey, she once applied for a job as a tour guide at a historic cemetery. She didn't get the job, but she did get the idea for the Pepper Martin Mystery Series about a cemetery tour guide who finds she can communicate with the permanent residents. The fifth in the series, Dead Man Talking, came out
More about Miranda Bliss...

A Cooking Class Mystery (5 books)
  • Cooking Up Murder (A Cooking Class Mystery, #1)
  • Murder on the Menu (A Cooking Class Mystery, #2)
  • Dead Men Don't Get the Munchies (A Cooking Class Mystery, #3)
  • Murder Has a Sweet Tooth (A Cooking Class Mystery, #5)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Light Before Day
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Into the Light (The Light, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Burning Man (Gideon and Sirius, #1)
  • Disturbed
  • Cold Black Earth
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Guardians of the Night (Gideon and Sirius, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Man With the Golden Gun (James Bond, #13)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Belief (Emily Castles Mysteries)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
  • The Memory Child
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lucky Ones
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Gold (Night Soldiers, #5)
  • A Small Indiscretion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Octopussy and the Living Daylights (James Bond, #14)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Bones (Red Princess, #3)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
  • The Snow Garden
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • While the Savage Sleeps
  • The Technologists
  • A Density of Souls
  • Plea of Insanity
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)