Start by marking “The Penitent: Part I (The Immortality Wars #1)” as Want to Read:
The Penitent: Part I (The Immortality Wars #1)

The Penitent: Part I (The Immortality Wars #1)

Pall Warren lives in a world filled with unrivaled natural beauty, constant struggle and shifting perceptions of reality. The time frame of his story is set in a medieval context. Peace over the land he lives in is an illusion only. Pall discovers that war not only must be waged against competing interests within his own land, but also against unnerving entities filled wit ...more
Published November 1st 2016 by Copper Beech Press

To ask other readers questions about The Penitent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Penitent

Anna Tan
As a "Part I", I knew this one was not going to quite finish, but I kind of wish that more happened?
As it is, this story feels very much like backstory. I think I'll wait until I finish the next one before I write a proper review.

---

The Penitent: Part I traces Pall Warren's story in the aftermath of a devastating battle. He meets the mysterious John Savage, gets caught up in the pillage of the farm they're sheltering in, and faces the strange otherworldly creature, Unger.

Carreiro jumps back an
Anne Campbell
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I admit it. The book is better than well-written. Descriptions and characters are outstanding and vivid. The story line is really captivating. But--I didn't read much of it. If I want to sleep at night sans nightmares, I cannot read, watch, or listen to horror stories. This one is. So ... even though I didn't personally like the genre, I can admire the writing skills. I still have to give this terrifying sci-fi five stars. The Penitent is Part I of The Immortality Wars.

Pall is a young man
Lissette
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pall's life has never been easy. From the moment he was born, he's had to put up with the fact that people shun him. Part of him often wonders as to why they do so, but he does his best to ignore the things he cannot understand. Living a life full of heartache and constant struggles, he immerses himself in the world around him. War and pain are things he's only ever known, yet deep inside he knows there's something more out there. He just has to be patient until he finds it.

A dark, yet bitterswe
Ellen Auclair
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The beginning nearly made me want to stop...but keep on reading-- this book is worth the challenge. It ebbs and pulls you in and when you think you can guess the end....SURPRISE! I was disappointed when I finished the book-- I WANT THE SEQUEL!!
Jin
Mar 27, 2017
Ricki
rated it did not like it
Mar 13, 2017
Carlos Hough
Glen Hough
Genny LeBlanc
Dec 02, 2018
Keith lives in Swansea, Massachusetts. He has an abiding love and passion for the visual, literary and performing arts. At an early age he started playing the classical guitar and studying privately with Maestro Joseph Raposo, Sr. (Boston Conservatory of Music) until he was 17. He started writing poetry in high school. Reading, music, storytelling and movies became singular passions for him, all o ...more