Start by marking “Match Fit (Love and Play, #1)” as Want to Read:
Match Fit (Love and Play, #1)

Match Fit (Love and Play #1)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  236 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
He's cocky, dirty, and demanding. He's a walking wet dream.
He's also mine. Or at least he's pretending to be...

Brooke
Notorious British bad boy footballer Dylan Pierce is scorching hot...
and he knows it.
With a mouth as filthy as his reputation, linking myself with him could ruin my public image.
But showbusiness is all about risk, and as a down-on-my-luck actress,
this cou
Published October 11th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Match Fit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Match Fit

aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot
4.0 "BAD BOY + DIRTY TALKER" STARS!!!
Warn a girl will 'ya?
This book made my ovary explode like an earth shattering explosion. I had a hard time picking up the pieces. It was hawt! Good Lord, my knickers was twisted and soaked!

Match Fit is my first Amelie Duncan book. I feel like I was too late already but then, better late than never right? I tell you this, I am so engrossed with the book that I hardly put it down. That cover was hawt! And I was like, there's no way in hell I'm not gonna lick it
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Holy Ovaries!!!! Okay so reading the blurb I was under the impression that this will be sort of a sport romance but that is not really the main plot. But in place there is an uber amount of hotness involving a notorious British bad boy. Dylan plays football (soccer) but what he really wants to do is become an actor. Dylan has a dirty mouth and a bad reputation. To help clean up his image, his PR people thought it would be a good idea to hire a wholesome good girl to pretend to be his girlfriend. ...more
Michelle
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Match Fit is the story of Dylan Pierce, known for his bad boy antics off the football (soccer) field more than his work on the field – enter Brooke Sullivan. Just the thing Dylan can use to let the public see his reformed playboy ways.

First things – I love a hot British bad boy. I also am a huge fan of these “arranged” romances that pair two people who have nothing really in common outside of their intense chemistry.

I really enjoyed this read – it had that perfect balance of chemistry and slow
Samantha
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bah, DYLAN! Five winning goal stars. I've read Amelie S. Duncan for some time now because her stories are interesting and her writing is captivating. There's nothing better than a versatile romance author who can write very different stories while still having a very distinctive writing style. I'm a sports lover, I was awake early on Saturday morning to be at high school soccer game. I cheer, I curse referees and genuinely love sports so I'm glad Duncan wrote a sports romance.

Where do I start w
Mari

I zoned in on the part of this blurb that said football player. Well ok that cover doesn't hurt either. I know a bit single minded of me. British bad boy footballer is not new but I do love me a good sports romance. Sadly, not much football happening here just his background and current occupation.

I like that the switch between POV feel distinguished differences between language and mannerisms. Plus the fact that Dylan was a dirty talker. The football info was spot on too. While I'm a Gooner I
Cheryl Graham Petit
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you're a fan of hot sports romance stories with drama, a filthy-mouthed British bad boy footballer, attraction, sizzling passion, and down and dirty sex... then grab Match Fit by Amelie S. Duncan. This author knows how to steam up the pages.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance readers copy of this book.
Meleka Taylor
Dec 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The cover of this book is fire!!! It drew me right me in at first glance. However, the story did not live up to the hotness emitting from the cover. I am giving this book a 1.5 star rating (1 star for the storyline and 0.5 star for the cover). This is the story of Brooke and Dylan. Brooke is a struggling actress trying to make it on her own and to prove her father wrong in his perception of her "career" choice. Dylan is a soccer star with the New York Football Club. He wants to get into acting, ...more
Zoe
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hot & Sexy!

I think the cover says it all! (Wow!) 😋

This is a steamy, entertaining story that combines a cocky, alpha soccer player who likes to talk dirty and a sweet, flirty aspiring actress in a plot filled with smoking chemistry, racy innuendos, incredible tension and sizzling passion in a sporty backdrop.

Definitely a fun, enjoyable, easy read.
Kristel
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm at a 2.5 or so with this book. It could use one more go around with an editor (mostly punctuation) and better MLS fact checking. I know it's nit picky, but I am a sports fan and a lot of people know sports fans can be critical.

There were only a couple of sports scenes and they were okay, but not amazing. In one scene Dylan's team was losing the game and then one goal was scored so they won. If the team was losing they would need two goals to win as one goal would have led to a draw. There w
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shy
This was such a fun, emotional, sexy story. In it you have Brooke Sullivan who is a woman struggling to get her big break as an actress. Her first meeting with Dylan is memorable, and not just because he's a popular member of the local football team. The two start a relationship that is supposed to be purely for the cameras and strictly professional. But the more they get to know each other, the harder that becomes.

Brooke was just this down to earth, relatable woman. She doesn't have a tragic
AC Squared Book Blog
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really, really loved this book!!! Sports is one of my favorite genre's, so my one complaint is that we didn't get more soccer. With that said, I still loved the story!!! Everyone loves a bad boy and I always admire a girl who is super ambitious.

Brooke was such a delight to read about! I love that she came from money, but she was determined to make it on her own like her mother did. She's so admirable! And Dylan, sigh, he's so dreamy. I love that he's this "bad boy" but Brooke is a little bit
Barbara Ingram
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
****4 Duncan is my Match Stars****

Amelie Duncan is not a new author to me, I read Little Wolf and loved it, so when she asked me to read Match Fit, I was intrigued! I thought it would be more of a sports romance, but that wasn't the case. Hot, sexy alpha British bad boy football player (soccer), Dylan, is striving to realize his dream of being an actor. Brooke is a struggling actress who is appointed to be his pretend girlfriend. What ensues is a roller coaster of events, ups and downs, cat and
Christy M. Coleman
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in return for an honest review.
This Book is amazing! I was really surprised with myself because i usually don't read sport star books however I am so glad I did! I highly recommend this book! Great job!!
Angel Ratcliffe
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. Oh wow, I'm speechless after reading this. I loved every moment. All the twists and turns made the story so real. Thank you for allowing me to read your work. It was an honor!
Ginette
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: in-the-minority
In the minority for this one.........
Meagan
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
After much deliberation, I've decided to give this book 2 stars. I really enjoyed reading this book, for the record. The characters were realistic, and the connection between Dylan and Brooke felt genuine. There was drama, but it wasn't gaudy and overdone. Everything fell into place for me.

And then I read Chapter 21.

Dylan is all but breaking down the door to Brooke's family home at some ungodly hour of the morning. He wakes up everyone in the house. He then proceeds to come in the house, uninv
Michelle Quintana
Nov 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Brooke and Dylan were certainly not a couple that I would have expected together. Brooke doesn't want to feel drawn towards Dylan but he certainly makes it hard for her. What is supposed to be a fake relationship turns into a real one, despite it being against the rules. When it goes public with the powers that be, everything is done to drive a wedge between them. I have to admit that Dylan's back up career is not one that I was expecting, making it a different twist. The book had both pov's but ...more
Cheryl O'Harney (The Book Whisperer)
WOW this book was fantastic you need to read it I mean hello!! HOT sexy football or soccer player depending where your from. Dylan is wanting to make the move from sportsperson to actor to help him with appearances Brooke a struggling actress is hired to be his girlfriend this is a move that should boost both their careers there's only one rule as such DO NOT get intimate with each other it would only make things complicated. What happens next is a roller coaster ride of events it's like one big ...more
Jennifer  E
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
For reel or real?

I love a fake relationship that turns to real love. This was an easy read with some heat. First time reading Amèlie Duncan and it will not be the last.

You enjoy cocky sports athletes then this book is for you. You want conflict but no drama llamas then this book is for you. Seriously, this was an easy read -a palate cleanser that helped get me reading again.
loves to
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love it

I only wish that I could give it more stars... I am not much of a sports romance reader only Toni Aleo held that privilege but W.O.W.!!!! Can't wait to read more from Ms. Duncan
Marisa Abundis
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sports romance reads are always an easy read for me. A tad bit unrealistic (because I'm never really a fan of "show"mances) but overall a sweet read.
Renee
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great sports romance. The hero is alpha without being a jerk!
Suzanne
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
My first book from this author. I really enjoyed it! The characters were fun and light hearted. Little angst. The writing was good, though, sometimes a bit incoherent.
Deanna from Deanna's World
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Amelie S Duncan has written a light, bright, fun story of two opposites falling for each other in the midst of the craziness and opportunities that is New York City.

Brooke is a struggling actress working hard to make it on her own without depending on her family's money and contacts. Dylan is a soon-to-be retired football player looking for his next career opportunity. When they collide, sparks fly.

I loved Brooke. It's not often that I fall hard for a heroine but Brooke is sweet, genuine and wit
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
I have to say when I heard that Amélie S. Duncan was going to write a Sports Romance I wasn’t too sure if I would like it. I don’t do sports. But, let me tell you I loved Match Fit! And, if sports romances are like this I am sold! Yes, Dylan was a “footballer” which is actually “Soccer”.
But, who cares at least I don’t. Dylan may have been a professional “footballer” but, this book isn’t about “football” (soccer) it really has more to do with Dylan’s private life.
As per my usual I don’t repeat
Lisa Jolly
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader's Copy of this book.

Brooke Sullivan is a struggling actress working as a stagehand, theme restaurant and auditioning for every part her manager can get her. Dylan Pierce is a soccer star, he left England to play in America and his goal is to get into acting when his soccer career is over. Brooke has an appointment with her manager, she has a job, playing Dylan’s girlfriend to change his image. Brooke has reservations as she met him while serving him at t
Lg
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was provided an Arc of this book for honest review.

Sweet, aspiring actress Brooke is hoping to get her big break in New York City. She left her life of comfort and a wealthy upbringing to follow her dreams. Dylan, a British sexy, celebrity footballer, is traded the NYC Football Club and is in need of an image upgrade. His womanizing and partying ways are not going to help him win friends and influence people in the next phase of his career.

Through their agents their are connected to be coupl
Tracie Simister
Format: E-book
Published: Oct 11, 2016
Rating: 4.5 ✩'s

Main Character’s Descriptions:
Brooke Sullivan is a down on her luck actress
Dylan Pierce is a retired bad boy footballer (That’s a soccer player to us American’s)
Summary Paragraph:
Dylan sees Brooke in a restaurant where she works and decides he wants her to help him clean up his image.
What I liked o
Kim Ginsberg
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hot, bad boy, British football(soccer) player Dylan Pierce is now playing for New York City. He's always in the press with different women. His manager says he needs to clean up his image and sets up a meeting to help him do just that. Brooke Sullivan lives in New York trying to pursue her dream. She wants to be an actress on Broadway. On her birthday she overdraws her bank account and gets cut down at work to 4 days a month. She's so sad she doesn't know what she's going to do. Until one phone ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Amélie S. Duncan writes contemporary, erotic romances. Her inspiration comes from many sources including her life experiences and travels. She lives on the West Coast of the United States with her husband.

www.ameliesduncan.com
More about Amélie S. Duncan

Love and Play (3 books)
  • Match Made (Love and Play, #2)
  • Match Pointe: Bad Boys and Show Girls (Love and Play Series)