Start by marking “Match Fit (Love and Play, #1)” as Want to Read:
Match Fit (Love and Play, #1)

Match Fit

(Love and Play #1)

He's cocky, dirty, and demanding. He's a walking wet dream.
He's also mine. Or at least he's pretending to be...

Brooke
Notorious British bad boy footballer Dylan Pierce is scorching hot...
and he knows it.
With a mouth as filthy as his reputation, linking myself with him could ruin my public image.
But showbusiness is all about risk, and as a down-on-my-luck actress,
this cou
Published October 11th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Match Fit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Match Fit

aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot
4.0 "BAD BOY + DIRTY TALKER" STARS!!!
Warn a girl will 'ya?
This book made my ovary explode like an earth shattering explosion. I had a hard time picking up the pieces. It was hawt! Good Lord, my knickers was twisted and soaked!

Match Fit is my first Amelie Duncan book. I feel like I was too late already but then, better late than never right? I tell you this, I am so engrossed with the book that I hardly put it down. That cover was hawt! And I was like, there's no way in hell I'm not gonna lick it
Coco.V
Aug 25, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (8/25/2018)!💝

Blurb:
He’s cocky, dirty, and demanding. He’s a walking wet dream.
He’s also mine. Or at least he’s pretending to be...

Brooke
Notorious British bad boy footballer Dylan Pierce is scorching hot...
and he knows it.
But showbusiness is all about risk, and as a down-on-my-luck actress,
this could be the break my career needs.

Dylan
Brooke Sullivan is my most diffic
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Holy Ovaries!!!! Okay so reading the blurb I was under the impression that this will be sort of a sport romance but that is not really the main plot. But in place there is an uber amount of hotness involving a notorious British bad boy. Dylan plays football (soccer) but what he really wants to do is become an actor. Dylan has a dirty mouth and a bad reputation. To help clean up his image, his PR people thought it would be a good idea to hire a wholesome good girl to pretend to be his girlfriend. ...more
Michelle
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Match Fit is the story of Dylan Pierce, known for his bad boy antics off the football (soccer) field more than his work on the field – enter Brooke Sullivan. Just the thing Dylan can use to let the public see his reformed playboy ways.

First things – I love a hot British bad boy. I also am a huge fan of these “arranged” romances that pair two people who have nothing really in common outside of their intense chemistry.

I really enjoyed this read – it had that perfect balance of chemistry and slow
Samantha
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bah, DYLAN! Five winning goal stars. I've read Amelie S. Duncan for some time now because her stories are interesting and her writing is captivating. There's nothing better than a versatile romance author who can write very different stories while still having a very distinctive writing style. I'm a sports lover, I was awake early on Saturday morning to be at high school soccer game. I cheer, I curse referees and genuinely love sports so I'm glad Duncan wrote a sports romance.

Where do I start w
Meleka Taylor
Dec 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The cover of this book is fire!!! It drew me right in at first glance. However, the story did not live up to the hotness emitting from the cover. I am giving this book a 1.5 star rating (1 star for the storyline and 0.5 star for the cover). This is the story of Brooke and Dylan. Brooke is a struggling actress trying to make it on her own and to prove her father wrong in his perception of her "career" choice. Dylan is a soccer star with the New York Football Club. He wants to get into acting, but ...more
Mari

I zoned in on the part of this blurb that said football player. Well ok that cover doesn't hurt either. I know a bit single minded of me. British bad boy footballer is not new but I do love me a good sports romance. Sadly, not much football happening here just his background and current occupation.

I like that the switch between POV feel distinguished differences between language and mannerisms. Plus the fact that Dylan was a dirty talker. The football info was spot on too. While I'm a Gooner I
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you're a fan of hot sports romance stories with drama, a filthy-mouthed British bad boy footballer, attraction, sizzling passion, and down and dirty sex... then grab Match Fit by Amelie S. Duncan. This author knows how to steam up the pages.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance readers copy of this book.
Ginette
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: in-the-minority
In the minority for this one.........
Zoe
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hot & Sexy!

I think the cover says it all! (Wow!) 😋

This is a steamy, entertaining story that combines a cocky, alpha soccer player who likes to talk dirty and a sweet, flirty aspiring actress in a plot filled with smoking chemistry, racy innuendos, incredible tension and sizzling passion in a sporty backdrop.

Definitely a fun, enjoyable, easy read.
Laura Barfield
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
3.5 stars. Enjoyed this, a fairly quick read. Liked the mc's and the heat between them and felt the story was well written. One thing that jarred for me was the fact that the hero used the term "bullocks" when swearing, as a Brit I can attest that the correct word is bollocks! 🤬😊
Maheswari
Aug 25, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1 star ⭐
My nana told me once if I have nothing nice to say or write about the book I’ve read, I better sh#t up in silence

There there.......
Kristel
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm at a 2.5 or so with this book. It could use one more go around with an editor (mostly punctuation) and better MLS fact checking. I know it's nit picky, but I am a sports fan and a lot of people know sports fans can be critical.

There were only a couple of sports scenes and they were okay, but not amazing. In one scene Dylan's team was losing the game and then one goal was scored so they won. If the team was losing they would need two goals to win as one goal would have led to a draw. There w
Meagan
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
After much deliberation, I've decided to give this book 2 stars. I really enjoyed reading this book, for the record. The characters were realistic, and the connection between Dylan and Brooke felt genuine. There was drama, but it wasn't gaudy and overdone. Everything fell into place for me.

And then I read Chapter 21.

Dylan is all but breaking down the door to Brooke's family home at some ungodly hour of the morning. He wakes up everyone in the house. He then proceeds to come in the house, uninv
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shy
This was such a fun, emotional, sexy story. In it you have Brooke Sullivan who is a woman struggling to get her big break as an actress. Her first meeting with Dylan is memorable, and not just because he's a popular member of the local football team. The two start a relationship that is supposed to be purely for the cameras and strictly professional. But the more they get to know each other, the harder that becomes.

Brooke was just this down to earth, relatable woman. She doesn't have a tragic
AC Squared Book Blog
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really, really loved this book!!! Sports is one of my favorite genre's, so my one complaint is that we didn't get more soccer. With that said, I still loved the story!!! Everyone loves a bad boy and I always admire a girl who is super ambitious.

Brooke was such a delight to read about! I love that she came from money, but she was determined to make it on her own like her mother did. She's so admirable! And Dylan, sigh, he's so dreamy. I love that he's this "bad boy" but Brooke is a little bit
Barbara Ingram
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
****4 Duncan is my Match Stars****

Amelie Duncan is not a new author to me, I read Little Wolf and loved it, so when she asked me to read Match Fit, I was intrigued! I thought it would be more of a sports romance, but that wasn't the case. Hot, sexy alpha British bad boy football player (soccer), Dylan, is striving to realize his dream of being an actor. Brooke is a struggling actress who is appointed to be his pretend girlfriend. What ensues is a roller coaster of events, ups and downs, cat and
Christy M. Coleman
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in return for an honest review.
This Book is amazing! I was really surprised with myself because i usually don't read sport star books however I am so glad I did! I highly recommend this book! Great job!!
Angel Ratcliffe
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. Oh wow, I'm speechless after reading this. I loved every moment. All the twists and turns made the story so real. Thank you for allowing me to read your work. It was an honor!
Brandan WH
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Fake relationship to a real one

Brooke is an aspiring actress in the rough city of New York. She’s got an agent, good friends and talent. But even with all that going for her, it’s still hard to find steady work. So, in the interim, her agent suggests ‘acting’ as the girlfriend of a notorious soccer player who’s looking to break into the movie business. Dylan has a reputation but she only has to fake it for 2 months. How bad can it be?
Dylan is tired of the press always trying to paint hi
Mandy Stump
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This book was fantastic. Loved Brooke and Dylan. The chemistry between them make this book so believable. It could seriously be based on a true story. I loved how everything began and how true feeling always win. Men are so stubborn to admit there feeling or move on in a relationship. But to me Dylan was already being a boyfriend type but was scared and didn't understand what he was doing. Brooke was a sweet character that really cared about everyone's happiness. She has a heart of gold and i
Michelle Quintana
Nov 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Brooke and Dylan were certainly not a couple that I would have expected together. Brooke doesn't want to feel drawn towards Dylan but he certainly makes it hard for her. What is supposed to be a fake relationship turns into a real one, despite it being against the rules. When it goes public with the powers that be, everything is done to drive a wedge between them. I have to admit that Dylan's back up career is not one that I was expecting, making it a different twist. The book had both pov's but ...more
Cheryl O'Harney
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW this book was fantastic you need to read it I mean hello!! HOT sexy football or soccer player depending where your from. Dylan is wanting to make the move from sportsperson to actor to help him with appearances Brooke a struggling actress is hired to be his girlfriend this is a move that should boost both their careers there's only one rule as such DO NOT get intimate with each other it would only make things complicated. What happens next is a roller coaster ride of events it's like one big ...more
Jennifer  E
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
For reel or real?

I love a fake relationship that turns to real love. This was an easy read with some heat. First time reading Amèlie Duncan and it will not be the last.

You enjoy cocky sports athletes then this book is for you. You want conflict but no drama llamas then this book is for you. Seriously, this was an easy read -a palate cleanser that helped get me reading again.
Janee
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute

I loved Dylan's character. A cocky ego football "soccer" player, with a heart of gold. Brooke a struggling actress who is just as sweet and caring. They made cute couple

The only thing I didn't like about the book is how they got together. I don't know why. It didn't sit right to me.
Bree202
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Match Fit had the right amount of everything that makes it an amazing read. It had two lovable and fascinating leads and some really interesting supporting characters. The story was absorbing, filled with heat, moved at a steady pace and very believable. If you like books about sports and celebrities, then this is a great one to have on your shelf.
Destiny
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read!

Absolutely amazing read. This book clearly had the best writing I’ve read in a very long long time. Loved the storyline, loved the characters, just everything... top notch!
This was the first time I had ever read anything from this particular author and I was really blown away, Thank you do much for an amazing read. And can not wait to read what’s next.
Dana Webster
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked that Brooke was honest with him and didn't play games. Dylan is just too good to be true.

Definitely some spicy stuff in here, but between that, some real and honest scenes with the both of them.

I also think "wanker" is going to make it into my daily vocabulary. It makes me giggle.
loves to
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love it

I only wish that I could give it more stars... I am not much of a sports romance reader only Toni Aleo held that privilege but W.O.W.!!!! Can't wait to read more from Ms. Duncan
Bambi Sommers
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic story!

Be prepared to fall in love! You won’t be given a choice but to fall for the sexy man in this story. He’ll sweep you off your feet with his smooth confidence and leave you smiling.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Striker
  • All In: Paying to Play (Gambling With Love #6)
  • Trying Sophie (Irish Rugby #1)
  • Out of Her Dreams
  • Into The Dark (Into The, #2)
  • Playing the Field
  • False Start (The Mavericks #1)
  • An Aria in Venice (A Musical Interlude, #1.5)
  • My Sweet Demise (Demise #1)
  • Indiscretions of a God (Nascimbeni Duet #1)
  • Broken Play (Birmingham Rebels, #1)
  • Playing Without Rules (Men of Spring Baseball, #1)
  • Inside Heat (Mustangs Baseball, #1)
  • When Stars Burn Out
  • Boss Girl (Minnesota Ice #2)
  • Beautiful Misery (Beautiful, #2)
  • Recklessly (Documentary, #3)
  • Just For You (Escape to New Zealand, #0.5)
Amélie S. Duncan writes contemporary, erotic romances. Her inspiration comes from many sources including her life experiences and travels. She lives on the West Coast of the United States with her husband.

www.ameliesduncan.com

Love and Play (3 books)
  • Match Made (Love and Play, #2)
  • Match Pointe: Bad Boys and Show Girls (Love and Play Series)
“His kiss sang through my veins all the way down to my toes.” 0 likes
“I’d been kissed, but he showed me that all kisses weren’t equal. He had skill. Finesse. It felt too good to stop, so I didn’t.” 0 likes