Start by marking “You Say It First (Happily Inc, #1)” as Want to Read:
You Say It First (Happily Inc, #1)

You Say It First

(Happily Inc. #1)

The #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Fool's Gold romances invites you to visit Happily Inc., a wedding destination founded on a fairy tale

Sculptor Nick Mitchell grew up in a family of artists and learned from his volatile father that passion only leads to pain. As he waits on a new commission, he takes a day job as a humble carpenter at a theme wedding venue. T
Mass Market Paperback, 345 pages
Published August 22nd 2017 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about You Say It First, please sign up.
Kandice I noticed this in one other spot as well, though I can't recall what page. I believe it's just an editing error to not provide a section break.

Nicola
DNF@ 35% due to the fact that I’ve nodded off twice and spent seven whole minutes watching an ant which hitched a ride in on the dog, climb the skirting board.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
description

description

Step aside Fool's Gold - here comes Happily Inc!!
This is a brand new sweet romance series that's a bit of a Fool's Gold spin-off.
We already met Nick's family in FG and now he and his two artist brothers moved to Happily Inc to get away from their dad.
Nick is waiting for a call from Dubai - he's in the running to build a huge piece for a hotel lobby over there. That would take him away from home for two years.
But for now he's here. And he's working as an underpaid carpenter for Pallas.
She recentl
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Welcome to Happily Inc. where Susan Mallory will bring you into the lives and hearts of the wedding capital of the world. Nick and Pallas story was sweet, romantic, humorous and sexy. I couldn’t ask for a more complete read with You Say It First.

I adored both Nick and Pallas. Nick was kind, considerate, talented and so supportive of a woman that he just met. Pallas has her moments that she didn’t shine but that just made her more down-to-earth and endearing. You couldn’t help but feel sorry for
Claire Robinson
4.5 - "This is us…" Stars!

You Say it first introduces the reader to the town and series of the same name; Happily Inc. A town that pretty much keeps itself profitable by being a destination wedding venue. Weddings in a Box being one such business, and newly owned by Pallas Saunders.

"Everything about you works for me…"

Artist/Carpenter Nick Mitchell, being the man that brings a hitch to her pulse and a glow to her heart, as the story progresses. Two things I took from this book were the great set-
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 4 STARS
2017; HQN/HarperCollins Canada

The name of the heroine, Pallas, kept throwing me off as I listened to the audio but otherwise I really enjoyed this novel. Please note this the first book in the Happily Inc series, but is a spin-off of Fool's Gold. I find that after reading all the psychological gritty suspense and nonfiction I need a breather. I like small town romances as I need the sweet HEA to make the world right again. I am finding that since I met my own hero, I find them les
Stacee
I had read and enjoyed some of the books from a previous series, so I required this one on a whim. It was a delightful surprise to find it featured characters from that series.

I liked Pallas and Nick well enough. They're both good, supportive people and I think that might be the best thing I can say about them. I didn't quite get their chemistry and while the conversation was decent, it lacked banter. Thankfully, there are loads and loads of other characters who provide levity and sarcasm.

Plot
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Happily Inc. series by Susan Mallery. Nick Mitchell arrives at Weddings in a Box expecting a construction job but ends up part of a Roman wedding. Nick is an artist. A sculptor waiting for word on a job he is certain he'll get. Helping Pallas Saunders out seems like a good way to spend his time while he waits. Pallas was expected to go into banking but a friend leaves her his wedding business when he died. Now she is getting into the groove and finds she actually likes it. ...more
☆☆Hannah☆☆
I enjoyed this book for the most part. I felt bad for the MC her mother was horrible. Thankfully we find out why and they work on that. My only complaint was that this was a romance book but yet they didn't really focus on that much. It spent most of the time on her wedding business. Other than that this was a good book and I would definitely recommend it to others.
Cheri
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I know there are several bad reviews for this new series, but I enjoyed it. Was dragging threw it at the midway but then got pretty entertaining. I plan on starting to read the 2nd one as well
Bookread2day
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Camera, lights action all the way. Oh yes I see You Say It First turned into a film. Wedding in a box specializes in theme weddings with what ever a clients wants, the bride and groom will have. When Nick Mitchell actually attends the company Wedding in a Box for an interview as they are in need of a carpenter he is put in a situation that he never in his wildest dreams thought would happen to him. Buts the Wedding in a Box is in a desperate situation with less than just an hour Pallas Saunders ...more
Juliana Philippa
3 stars [ARC Review]
Bottom Line, Up Top. Not that great. I'm not shy to DNF nowadays, so the fact that I read it all the way through does say something—I wanted to know how things would play out and resolve themselves. While I liked Pallas in the beginning, she quickly became annoying and I disliked how inconstant she was, how she seemed completely unable to resolve anything herself, and how she freaked out at any little issue. Nick was fine, but that's pretty much it—just fine. Finally, I didn'
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher via NetGalley and InkSlingerPR***

Susan Mallery books are like sitting down with a good friend and hanging out. No matter the setting, or the characters, or the plot, you know you are going to enjoy the book and be glad that you read it.

So, when I got ahold of this one, I dove right in.

Nick and Pallas are wonderful together, and so perfect. A woman who is afraid she is not good enough to be worthy of love, and one who feels that love always has to be earned, that
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

Challenges:
♥ What To Read in 2018: Task 20: Favorite author - you may either re-read an old favorite or continue on with one you haven't read yet.
♥ RRRC: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Quarterly Challenge:#33. Tourmaline : Read a book with at least three colors on the cover or a sports story.
Morgan
Sep 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

I can't seem to remember a time when I wasn't reading Susan Mallery. She's one of the few authors that I can honestly say that after 20 years plus, I'm still reading her. I'm just glad that I can say after all this time of reading Mallery I still enjoy her books like I'm reading her for the first time!

When Mallery decided to end for now her Fool's Gold series (for now, fingers crossed) I can honestly say it felt li
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

This is my first ever Susan Mallery read - yes, I can hear your gasps of shock! Heck, B has been trying to get me to read her for years!

Welcome to the town of Happily Inc and it's motley crew of residents! There is a lot of background and introductions in this first book in this series, but it is well worth it!

There are a LOT of weddings in this book, however I loved that they are not the run of the mill I Dos.

And there are plenty non-run-of-the-mill characters
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: august-2017
RATING: 3/5 STARS

This is my first Susan Mallery book and I have to say that it won’t be last. I was intimidated by the sheer number of books she has written in the past. And I didn’t know what type of writing style she has but now that I have finished You Say it First, I know that her writing is an easy to dive into type of style that makes readers enjoy the story more.

Pallas Saunders, our heroine, has lived well, an interesting life. Left behind a themed wedding company, she runs the highly pra
Peggy Jaeger
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read the Happily, Inc books out of order, but when I did, I knew I just had to go back and read about how Pallas and Nick came together.
And boy, I wasn't disappointed.
Pallas owns Weddings in a box and has the most hateful mother I've ever read. truly. The woman is a class A bitch and all that goes along with it, and Pallas is at her wit's end trying to be the good daughter and live up to all mommy's expectations and demands.
Nick knows a little sumthin' sumthin' about demanding parents since hi
Cheryl
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was a nice start to this new series. I liked Pallas. Yet, she was more reserved in the beginning but by the end of the story, she had really opened up. Whereas, I was a fan of Nick's instantly. Although, it probably helped that he was willing to go with the flow even if that meant dressing like a Roman soldier complete with a fake tan and toga.

Pallas business, Weddings in a Box was fun. The crazy ideas that her clients came up with were intriguing. Luckily, Pallas had her girlfriend s
Taryn
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I was worried that this new series would be to much like Mallery's Fool's Gold books, especially since we revisit some characters from that series, but was pleasantly surprised. There was no cause for worry, Happily Inc. is a wedding town filled with people, animals, and a heart all its own. It was delightfully warm and amusing leaving me wanting to know more about the town and its citizens. I was captivated from the beginning to end; one minute I was crying and the next had me filled with laugh ...more
Melissa Borsey
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. I was so very excited to be chosen to read this first in a new series because I was a big fan of the Fools Gold series and was beyond thrilled to have some of those characters show up in this book! I loved the concept of Wedding in a Box, very fun and creative. I loved Pallas and Nick and can't wait for the next book in this series as it is destined to be a great hit! Highly recommend!
Lucinda
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Finally picked up a book by Susan Mallery to satisfy my curiosity.

Formulaic, with an explicit scene, which is probably why she sells so well. The writing is okay, but nothing special.

I'm sure Susan Mallery fans will love it. It's a spinoff from her famous series.
Monique V
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
So at first this book was fun then as it progressed, it got boring and a little annoying. I don't know why I just lost interest.
The Reading Debutante
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my inauguration into the world of Susan Mallery! And what a lovely book to be my introduction.

If this book were a food I would imagine it would taste like candyfloss, totally sweet and laugh out loud funny! It had me hooked from the first page where we meet both Pallas and our hero, Nick. Pallas runs a wedding planning business called Weddings in a Box. She spends her days making sure people have the best weddings and the happiest day of their lives, but it always seems that those lovely
Mackenzie
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Song for summary: I Want To Know What Love Is by Foreigner

I absolutely loved this book! The characters are entertaining, talented, and witty; while the plot has a perfect combination of humour, romance, and weddings. This is the perfect read for anyone looking for a nice, quick romantic comedy. I look forward to reading the following books in this series!
Kirsten #EnoughIsEnough
Susan Mallery is getting to be one of my favorite contemporary romance authors. This is an older one of hers but it has all the elements I've come to depend in her work.

This one comes complete with a couple who have learned all about the elements of love from parents who had toxic relationships. Oh, gee, what could go wrong there?

Well, of course, there's a HEA - this is a romance, after all - but not without some shenanigans along the way -- including a wedding DJ who holds up the wedding part
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

You say it first is the first book in a new series by Susan Mallery. It follows Pallas the owner of weddings in a box and Nick a famous sculptor. Besides the two of them, we also meet a horde of other characters who will hopefully get one day their own books. Like for example Drew and Silver. I want to see Drew making up for hurting Silver. Overall I liked almost all of the secondary characters we met in this book. Only Libby was a sour experience for me. The rest were at least okay for
Aly
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Two protagonists who hold themselves back emotionally, both influenced by their parent. She's a wedding planer who tried all her life to reach her mother's unattainable expectations and he's an artist who think that passion can be dangerous and all too consuming. He answer her ad for a part-time carpenter position but she'll make him do something else before she'll hire him to restore two sets of wooden panels at her workplace.

Not that I had doubt because I know what Susan Mallery can do, but I
The_Book_Queen
3 1/2 Stars!

First, I do think the romance took a backseat and was just overall underwhelming.

HOWEVER, I wasn't terribly upset by this because I truly enjoyed this book. It was a quick read, it was cute, and I really found the wedding planning interesting and totally wanted to see how they pulled off the two custom weddings at the end (everything sounded pretty cool!). I'll be back for book 2, and probably for more from Mallery, when I just need something easy to escape into.

Oh! There's only o
Christa
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc
You Say It First is a fun and entertaining book that is the first in a new series by Susan Mallery. It features Pallas Saunders, who has inherited a wedding business called Weddings in a Box. Pallas does theme weddings, and soon hires successful artist Nick Mitchell to do some carpentry. Neither Nick nor Pallas will place trust in a real relationship, but they are willing to see where their attraction takes the in the right now.

This was a really good book with interesting characters and an intri
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 2 4 Nov 17, 2017 04:08AM

• The Holiday Gift (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #15)
  • Wedding Of The Century
  • Christmas in Eternity Springs (Eternity Springs #12)
  • On Sunset Beach (Chesapeake Diaries, #8)
  • Starting Over on Blackberry Lane (Life in Icicle Falls #10)
  • Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay, #4)
  • A Bravo for Christmas (The Bravos of Justice Creek)
  • Midnight Promises (The Sweet Magnolias, #8)
  • The Corner of Holly and Ivy (Harmony Harbor)
  • Under the Christmas Tree (Virgin River, #7.5)
  • Castaway Cove (Shelter Bay #6)
  • Her Renegade Rancher (Montana Men, #5)
  • Texas Blaze: The Gallaghers of Sweetgrass Springs Book 5 (Texas Heroes)
  • Beauty & the Biker (Impossible Dream, #1)
  • A Promise at Bluebell Hill (Valentine Valley, #4)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery writes heartwarming and humorous novels about the relationships that define women's lives—family, friendship, romance. She's best known for putting nuanced characters into emotionally complex, real-life situations with twists that surprise readers to laughter. Because Susan is passionate about animal welfare, pets play a big role in her books. Bel ...more

Happily Inc. (5 books)
  • Second Chance Girl (Happily Inc, #2)
  • Why Not Tonight (Happily Inc., #3)
  • Not Quite Over You (Happily Inc., #4)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc #5)
“I like that you're emotionally broken," she said cheerfully. "It keeps the playing field level."

"I'm not broken. I'm quirky."

"Is that what we're calling it?”
2 likes