Start by marking “Rumors at Court (Royal Weddings #3)” as Want to Read:
Rumors at Court (Royal Weddings #3)

Rumors at Court (Royal Weddings #3)

3.37  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Wed by royal command!

Widow Valerie of Florham wants nothing more than to forget her abusive marriage and live peacefully at the mercy of no man. She'd never have dreamed of a liaison with handsome Sir Gil Wolford, but then comes a royal decree--they must wed!

Gil craves military conquest in Castile, far from his haunted past. Marriage to Lady Valerie is the last thing he s
Published April 18th 2017 by Harlequin Special Releases

To ask other readers questions about Rumors at Court, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rumors at Court

SuperWendy
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm no medieval scholar, which is why I appreciate how the author writes about the time period. She has a way of infusing her stories with the history without making it dull or hopelessly confusing the reader. There's a nice mix of internal and external conflict in this story, and even with all the courtly intrigue surrounding the romance, this is a quiet story. The heroine with no desires to remarry after her abusive husband is killed in battle, and the hero who desperately wants to leave Engla ...more
Kay (aka) Miss Bates
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Miss Bates is a fan of Gifford’s medieval-set romances. Rumors is set among the machinations and intrigue of Edward III’s court. One of Gifford’s many appeals is her hero’s and heroine’s place among royalty and aristocracy. Though not of peasant descent, they are always subject to the whims of the royals they serve. Decisions are made for them, even by benign lords and masters such as the ones featured in Rumors.

The romance opens as John of Gaunt, Edward III’s third son, marries Constance of Cas
Caitlyn Lynch
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think my love for historical romance is pretty well-known to anyone who reads my reviews by now, but I admit to a particular soft spot for historical romances that weave in actual historical personages and events into the storyline. Sharon Kay Penman's Welsh Princes trilogy is perhaps the most shining example of the type, and if you enjoyed those, you'll absolutely love this.

Rumors at Court (though it should be Rumours with a u, this is set in England) is centred around a fictional couple, Val
Lynsay
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice story. With the description on the back of the book, I expected them to be wed well before they were. I figured it would be within the first few chapters. I had a problem with them calling each other husband and wife before they were married; it confused me because I was like did I miss the wedding.

I disliked Katherine (secondary character) -- didn't care that she was nice, just didn't like her or John.

Overall, this was a good book, just not very engaging and to me the back description wa
Lizzie
The book was surprisingly compelling even give very simple prose and painfully straightforward plotting. I'm such a sucker for stories of palace intrigue, and this delivered. Plus this fed into my new medieval Spain/Andalusia obsession.
Ani
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Blythe often stays too close to the painful realities of womanhood of the medieval era she writes of. This one, however, worked for my modern sensibilities. Took a painful reality and made it flow into healing. Loved it.
Fernanda Brady
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book is engaging and well paced. The romance is nicely developed. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Harlequin Books
"Gifford’s third installment in her Royal Weddings series delights on every level, from the sumptuous settings to the whispered, but no less devastating, rumors spinning through the royal court. As her fans know, Gifford’s characters are always well developed and, based on their previous life experiences, deeply resistant to a new passion … until, of course, love gets its way with even the most stubborn heroes and heroines!" (4 stars @ RT Book Reviews).

Miniseries: Royal Weddings
Jan 21, 2018
Salla Leppänen
Jan 23, 2018
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Apr 16, 2017 05:13PM
After many years in public relations, advertising, and marketing, Blythe Gifford started writing seriously after a corporate layoff. Ten years and one layoff later, she became an overnight success when she sold her Romance Writers of America Golden Heart finalist manuscript to Harlequin.
She has since written medieval romances featuring characters born on the wrong side of the royal blanket. Now,
More about Blythe Gifford

Royal Weddings (3 books)
  • Secrets at Court (Royal Weddings, #1)
  • Whispers at Court (Royal Weddings, #2)