Start by marking “Happy Teachers Change the World: A Guide for Cultivating Mindfulness in Education” as Want to Read:

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Happy Teachers Change the World is the first official, authoritative manual of the Thich Nhat Hanh/Plum Village approach to mindfulness in education. Spanning the whole range of schools and grade levels, from preschool through higher education, these techniques are grounded in the everyday world of schools, colleges, and universities.
Beginning firmly with teachers and all
Published June 6th 2017 by Parallax Press

To ask other readers questions about Happy Teachers Change the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Teachers Change the World

Kelly
The author has practiced mindfulness since the 1980s and is world renown. I liked this book, but I liked the set-up of a similar book Teaching Kids to Thrive better because it offered more specific strategies and activities. This is more of an overview of mindfulness and how it has been used for the past 30+ years. There are activities, but not as many as the other book offers. This feels more like a lecture (not a boring or bad one) than a workshop, but the author's Wake Up Schools program is s ...more
Becky Shattuck
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to Becky by: Angela
Shelves: education
There were aspects of this book I really liked but others I really didn't. The better parts included ideas for caring for students' whole self (including emotional well-being and body/health). There's value in slowing down and responding to our present environment. I especially appreciated the sections on having compassion and love for our students and working through difficult problems with them. On the flip side, the book was a little too spiritual for me, and it also got a bit corny and repet ...more
Kate
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm sure this book could be great for other teachers. This book is not for the kinds of students I teach, so that coloured my reading of it. Working with students with trauma, you could not sit in a circle and discuss their suffering. It wouldn't work.
(Disclaimer: I didn't finish the book either - it's holidays and there are too many other amazing books to read).
Douglas Bachman
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am particularly moved by the breadth of teacher contributions to the book. It gives a deep sense of how practical and relevant these teachings are, and how profoundly they can transform both teacher and student.
Sean
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it
A good introduction into mindfulness in education, but I didn't pick up any new tricks like I thought I would have. This is for teachers with minimal awareness of mindful teaching practices.
Monica
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book for teachers who want ideas on how to teach mindfulness in their classrooms!
Pro Mukherjee
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lot of practical tools in an easy to use format.
Backed by an authentic practice.
Kenley Neufeld
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Excellent handbook and guide for mindfulness practice both for ourselves and in the classroom.
Kelly McPherson
Kaitlin
Jul 07, 2018
Monika Harahap
Jul 24, 2017 marked it as to-read
First time I saw this book on a website, I felt ''this is it" moment. Teacher or educational expert should read this. This is a basic and fundamental foundation to us if we want to make a difference in our life and of course in our student's too. You should be happy first. You should be happy with the students in the field you work and collaborate every day. But, the very first yet most important question is what makes a teacher happy? What is your happiness as a teacher? :)

I am on the way to bu
Jul 15, 2018
Abigail Esbrook
Dec 07, 2017
Alysha Gaskins
rated it did not like it
Oct 05, 2017