Start by marking “All Good Things (The Split Worlds, #5)” as Want to Read:
All Good Things (The Split Worlds, #5)

All Good Things

(The Split Worlds #5)

As the Iris family consolidates their hold on Nether society, Will finds himself more powerful and yet more vulnerable than ever. His strongest supporters are gone, and his wife has left him, a fact that will destroy him if it comes out. To keep his position and to stay alive he needs to get her back, whatever the cost.
Cathy has finally escaped the Nether but finds her r
Published June 6th 2017 by Diversion Publishing

To ask other readers questions about All Good Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Good Things

Kaitlin
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-sff-faves
I adored this :D This is the conclusion to the Splitworlds series by Emma Newman who has quickly become a new favourite author for me with this series. I started this series as my first reads of this year, and I finished it with this. I'm so sad it's over, but I loved the experience of reading it :)

This is quite tricky to explain without you having read the previous books but essentially it's set in a world which is split in 3. We have Mundanus, the human world, Excillium, the prison of the Fey
Carly
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I a stalwart fan of Emma Newman through her powerful work, Planetside. Although the tone and plot of the Split Worlds series are very different, I loved them all, devouring the previous four books in less than one week. After waiting for the final book for almost a year, I found it a satisfying conclusion to the series. As with the previous books in the series, All Good Things deals heavily with themes of feminism, environmentalism, agency, and responsibility.

This book is the completion of a lon
Helen
I was so happy to get my hands on an ARC of All Good Things! I'm a big fan of this series, I've been avidly following Cathy's journey through the first four books and I was excited to see how the story would conclude.

Cathy has been on a massive journey. From the scared young woman in the first book to the Duchess of Londinium trying to effect social change, she has now grown into a true leader, Princess Leia rebel style.

For the first few books, Cathy was mainly ineffective, complaining but not a
imyril
A satisfying conclusion to the story overall, but I didn't enjoy the reading as much as usual - I found it clunky in places, and don't feel the secondary characters (notably Tom and Lucy) got the breathing space they needed to make their actions feel entirely natural.

That said, it's still an entertaining and emotionally satisfying ride - Emma Newman is to be commended for both neatly wrapping up her loose ends AND managing to completely surprise me more than once.

Full review

I received
Katie
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I am really happy with how this series resolved!! I honestly had no idea what to expect. More thoughts to come soon.
Jane
I have loved this series so much. Thank you for such a glorious ending.

I would have liked to have seen some Characters more fully explored but that's just nit picking.

Gorgeous well paced fabulous.
David Harris
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th and final part of Emma Newman's Split Worlds sequence (quintology?)

Across the previous four, she has spun an extraordinary number of stories and deployed many characters (a list might have been helpful by this stage!) Tying everything together would be a formidable challenge for any author. Doing so - as Newman does in All Good Things - while still keeping the story fresh and maintaining a sense of narrative drive must have been even harder. Yet All Good Things succeeds triumphan
Megan Leigh
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
This review originally appeared on Pop Verse.

All Good Things is the fifth and final instalment of Emma Newman’s Split Worlds series. It is likely, by now, that you know whether or not you are on board with the style, characters, and plot, but as the final instalment of a successful series, we do have to ask: how well does she wrap it all up?
I enjoyed this series. It is silly and incredibly easy reading. The characters are very flawed and the ‘messages’ embedded in the novels are, at times, painf
Alice
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
TW : mention of past rape

Well, here it is I finished the series...
It was really good as a whole, I loved the characters and their development, I loved seeing the nuanced point of views and even though I hate him I thought seeing Will's pov was super interesting and showed how not that easy it is to just put people in the "bad people" box and be done with it. He is horrible but he also somehow has a big heart when it comes especially to Sophia, who would have guessed.
He deserved a worst fate tho
Lucille
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
3,5/5?
I loved the whole series and I gave 4 stars to the four other books but I found this one going a bit too fast and some choices felt a bit easy to me.
But I still liked this world and its characters a lot.
Though I wish there would have been more POV from women (or not as many from men, even though two of them are great) and more people of colours and not just adding two in book 4 and 5 that aren't even there that much.
Natalie aka Tannat
I'm kind of sad that this series is over but I'm reminding myself that I can enjoy it all again on a reread!
Jennifer Jamieson
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All Good Things is the final installation in the Split Worlds series.

Cathy and the new Lord Iron--Sam--have banded together to keep her safe from the Irises as well as figure out how to bring Nether society into the 21st century. Women in the Nether are treated less like modern women and more like the property they effectively were in the Regency era.

Since the fae-touched residents live in a pocket world where time isn't a factor, generations of Nether society have gone on for hundreds of years
Sarah (CoolCurryBooks)
All Good Things is the fifth and final book in Emma Newman’s Split Worlds urban fantasy series. You absolutely must read the series in order! Seriously, you will be totally confused if you pick up this book without the context of the previous books. If you’re unfamiliar with the series but fae and feuding families sounds like something you’d be into, go check out Between Two Thorns. Oh, and avoid the rest of this review because this late in the series there’s literally no way I can avoid spoiler ...more
Liz
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(My first review got eaten by my wifi and now I'm sad.)
This series. In some ways, this review is for the entire thing and for Newman totally sticking the landing and successfully pulling everything together. I was about 1/5 of the way through and watching her unravel ends that had already seemed tidied up and wondering how she was going to finish it all in one book, but she did it, weaving everything in and getting it off the needles before it grew too big. (Here endeth the knitting analogy.) I
Imani
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
William, William, William.

I am so disappointed in you.

I truly am undecided on what kind of ending I want you to have. You are so far redeemable now. You don’t deserve Cathy at all. You cowardly twat.

I hope that Gargoyle does punch him in the face! William has become the very enemy both him and Cathy swore to fight. The lack of resistance and rebellion from him is turning him into disgusting sissy just like every sexist ‘gentleman’ from the Albion society.

I am scared for Sam and this ‘Beatric
Paul Trembling
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maintaining a fast pace, continuing to develop characters and keeping a sense of mystery - these can be difficult to manage in a single book, let alone a series of five, but Emma Newman has managed it excellently. There are new twists to the plot thrown in all the way along and new things to learn about her 'Split Worlds' which kept me absorbed all the way through. I read the entire series one after another, and it kept me up late a few nights!

Of course, it is crucial that Newman has such a smoo
Dann Todd
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This is a solid 4-star review.

The concluding book in the series was a very good conclusion that almost stuck the landing. While I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the series, the conclusion really failed to fill out the rest of the world building. In fact, it sort of undermined it.

Early in the series, we were treated to a comparison between late 19th century-ish England and a modern 21st-century world. The 19th-century version is dominated by fae and magic that maintains a rigid social order that
drEADS_alot
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
(2.5) I'm rounding up to three stars for this book. I wasn't completely satisfied with the final book in the series. Overall though, I thought the series was pretty good. Nothing fantastic, thus the three star ratings (all of which were probably bumped up a bit). The concept of split worlds was fantastic, I loved the idea. It's another in a long line of books about the fae, but it has an interesting twist to it; I can't recall another book having this view of the relationship between humans and ...more
JJ
Jun 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I am mostly satisfied with the outcome of this series, though the achievement of it was a bit deus ex machina in places. Some of it didn't feel earned when just what the characters needed appeared (like Beatrice). But it was consistent with the series in general. I loved so many of the concepts here and the world building, but by the 4th book I was just exhausted by the characters. One too many turns where decent characters turned out not to be, or to be too selfish to truly do the story justice ...more
Leighanne
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've just finished the series and it is everything I ever wanted from a book; Strong female lead character with more aspirations in life than getting married and making babies, a universe that is both logical and fantastical, and the need to put the world right. I loved it. I would recommend this to all of the nerds of the world. The split worlds seiries tugs heart strings! You will be torn when you read about good characters who do bad things. The world is not full of good people and bad people ...more
Wendy
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cham
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The heart break you feel after reading the last book in a series. Thank you Emma for this wonderful world you created. #fan

"The days stretched ahead of her, filled with half-formed plans, fears, and worries, but above all else, hope. Everything was changing. At long last, the cloying stagnancy of the Nether was gone. She had destroyed it. She had fulfilled her potential, in Poppy’s eyes.
“Nah,” Cathy said to herself, reaching for her tea. She hadn’t reached her potential yet. She was just getting
Kate
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

I started this series one week ago and was completely sucked in. So sorry that it's ended! I want more adventures with Max and the gargoyle!

Seriously, this is amazing world building, and the characters are incredibly nuanced. I still find it hard to completely hate Will -- what a great antagonist. The most amazing thing is that I had no idea where were going and how Cathy would solve the mess.

And Rupert's foul mouth was the most fun.

Loved this series and will be recommending it.
Booniss
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
So very happy to get a conclusion to this series of fae and feminism! I have very much enjoyed the ride, and I'm so glad that all the many dangling storylines were finally tied up.

While the messages aren't exactly subtle, the story is fun enough and well written enough that I simply didn't care. My only gripe would be that it felt rather rushed, and some characters didn't get the time and attention I'd have liked. There is in fact room for a lot more stories of what happens next, and I hope that
Alia Therese Lazo
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy

Cathy had gone a long way from the person she was in the beginning of the series. She used to be the person who wanted to change the world yet didn’t know how so she ended up being whiny and irritable but in the final book, she finally matured.

She and along the rest of the characters had finally grown up and began to do what was needed to be done.

As the plot unfolded, the anticipation rised as well. The ending was well executed and left me feeling satisfied.

Ali George
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a satisfying end to the series. I laughed, I cried, I was on public transport for both so thanks to Emma Newman for that. I would also like to see more inspirational literary quotes on things using phrases like 'Honestly, some people are just cockwombles.' Get on it, Etsy. And if you're a reader looking for a fun feminist fantasy series with well rounded characters a go go, give the Split Worlds a bash.
Rosie Claverton
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The conclusion of a series can make or break all that's gone before, but in the case of All Good Things, it elevates The Split Worlds to a whole new level of intense wonder for me.

Taken as a whole, this series has been one of the most compelling I have read, and the last two books in particular were riveting reading. I listened to them every moment I could.

Highly recommend.
Jesse C
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
really, my big complaint about this is that (view spoiler). I understand that from the perspective of more books possibly set in this world that it adds some additional dramatic possibility, but really, (view spoiler)
Tara
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hey look!!

I finished a book!!

This series is oh-so magnificent. It really is. It kept my interest and reignited my spark of reading when I thought it long dead. It was a very satisfying conclusion and I so wish Emma would return to this world at one point in another.

Max, though. My favorite.
Shaz
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's official. I adore this series. There are so many wonderful characters. I'm not sure how Newman has managed it, but even after some of them have done some utterly despicable things, I still like them. I'm actually a little ambivalent about that. How can I still like them so much after the things they've done? I can't explain it.

• A Long Day in Lychford (Lychford, #3)
  • The Hammer and the Goat (The Vagrant #1.5)
  • The Silver Tide (The Copper Cat, #3)
  • The Blue Salt Road
  • Heartland (Worldmaker, #2)
  • The Twelfth Tablet
  • The Stolen (An American Fairie Tale, #1)
  • Monstrous Little Voices: New Tales from Shakespeare's Fantasy World
  • Render (The Children of Man, #2)
  • Blood of Assassins (The Wounded Kingdom #2)
  • The Apples of Idunn (The Ragnarok Era, #1)
  • The Red Plague Affair (Bannon & Clare, #2)
  • The Mysteries
  • Soul Intent (Soul Identity, #2)
  • Masquerade (Micah Grey, #3)
  • Conan the Barbarian: The Complete Collection
  • A Legacy of Light (The Dragon War, #1)
  • The Mothers of Voorhisville
Emma Newman writes dark short stories and science fiction and urban fantasy novels.

'Between Two Thorns', the first book in Emma's Split Worlds urban fantasy series, was shortlisted for the BFS Best Novel and Best Newcomer awards.

Emma's latest book, Planetfall, is a standalone science fiction novel published by Roc.

Emma is a professional audiobook narrator and also co-writes and hosts the Hugo-no

The Split Worlds (5 books)
  • Between Two Thorns (The Split Worlds, #1)
  • Any Other Name (The Split Worlds, #2)
  • All Is Fair (The Split Worlds, #3)
  • A Little Knowledge (The Split Worlds, #4)