Start by marking “Stalking the Dead (Marie Jenner Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Stalking the Dead (Marie Jenner Mystery #3)

Stalking the Dead

(Marie Jenner Mystery #3)

In the 3rd book in the Marie Jenner Mystery Series, Marie Jenner is going home.

She doesn't want to. She has to.

When Marie’s slightly-more-than-boss, James Lavall, decides it is vital that he speak to her mother, face to face, about Marie and all her secrets, she follows him to Fort McMurray to make certain that he doesn’t learn everything about her life before Edmonton.

Wh
Published October 25th 2016 by Tyche Books

To ask other readers questions about Stalking the Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stalking the Dead

Start your review of Stalking the Dead (Marie Jenner Mystery #3)
Robert Bose
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marie is back in a less brutal, but more personal adventure, having survived the horrors experienced in Drowning in Amber. After heading up to Fort McMurray to see her mother, her awkward family visit takes a turn when her ex-stalker boyfriend Arnie turns up dead. The police don't believe in coincidence and James ends up the prime suspect.

This is a fun, engaging story that fleshes out Marie in every way. Her dredged up high school antics are so real, and painful, they make you shudder - and the
Alejandra
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marie goes back home and reunites with her family and the ghosts of her past, one of them literally a ghost. The pacing of the book is fantastic, I could not put it down once everything started rolling. This reunion provided a lot more insight into Marie's sometimes exasperating personality, and it was great to see her grow. The mystery portion of the book was great, but the best was the relationships between the characters. Hope to see more of Marie (view spoiler) ...more
Joseph
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The series continues with a really intense story in Fort McMurray, delivering on the promises and tension foreshadowed by the previous books. Marie shows a little bit of growth while retaining her characteristic stubbornness, which makes her a very real, believable character. As with the other books, the story moves along briskly, and has enough spiritual insight and resolution to be satisfying without being preachy.
Nicole Luiken
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
We get to meet Marie's dysfunctional family in this third mystery, as she returns home to Fort MacMurray. Only, of course, the ghosts won't leave her alone and this time the dead is Marie's ex-boyfriends Arnie. Short chapters make for quick pacing as we switch between Marie and the ghost and a bang-up climax. A good Halloween read.
Jamie Jack
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: p-2019, mystery
Still Not Vibin’

I love a good paranormal mystery, so I was intrigued when three books by this author showed up on my favorite book review site. Unfortunately, I have just never been able to get into them, and I have given this author three tries now. (I do always give authors two or three chances before I give up.) I love that Marie has the ability to communicate with spirits who have not yet moved on and uses that to figure out their murders (if that is the case). But something in the writing s
Jennifer Rahn
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I started reading the Marie Jenner series with this book, and found that it was entirely enjoyable as a stand-alone novel. This is a murder mystery, which is ultimately solved by Marie, an investigator early in her career, who has inherited the ability to see ghosts from her mother. She returns to her hometown of Fort McMurray, following her boss/boyfriend, who has gone there to speak to her mother, against Marie's wishes. This coincides with the murder of her stalker/ex-boyfriend, Arnie, castin ...more
Christine
Bell takes us up north for mystery number three. Jenner visits her home town, Fort McMurray. A contentious relationship with her family, awful exes and problems with nearly everyone in town make this less an exercise in nostalgia and more a stomach churning gauntlet as she interviews the people who tormented her in high school so she can solve the murder of her abusive ex-boyfriend and clear her boss/maybe boyfriend James Lavall. There's all the ghosty subplots you've come to expect, and I reall ...more
Barbara Galler-Smith
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think E.C. Bell could entertain me more than with her last three books--yes she did! This book is little darker and grittier than the others but when she's dealing with a dead ex-boyfriend who wants to be with Marie forever, things get complicated. And when both the ghost and the police think Marie's boss did the deed, she needs help from the only person who can really help with ghosts--her mom. This book is so exciting and thrilling. The ghost is scary, and there are others who are eve ...more
Donna
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best so far in series. I won't be giving anything away by saying this one involves the ghost of Marie's stalker ex-boyfriend since he is already dead in the first chapter. Death isn't final enough for him to give up his obsession. We discover he had a fallback girlfriend for when Marie was being recalcitrant. He also had a bunch of asshole buddies who blame Marie for his death.

Meanwhile, James has decided to visit Marie's mother, hoping that she will be forthcoming about Marie since Marie has be
Linda Cook
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I think half of the problems in Marie’s life are caused by her. She doesn’t want to do the ghost moving on thing cause she wants to be “normal”, she doesn’t want to face reality because she’d rather pull the covers over her head. My strongest feeling when reading these books is ‘grow up girl!!’ She has a gift which she should be used to by now, and a mother who can help her with the ghost releasing protocol . Embrace it!! The mystery itself was good especially with Arnie involved.
Pat Eroh
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an awesome mystery with paranormal activities. Marie is able to see and communicate with ghosts and this time she has to deal with her ex-boyfriend while solving his murder. It is very well-written, although I did not care for the foul language (no, everyone does not talk that way). If you can get past the foul language, then this is a great story/series.

Heather W
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stalking the Dead is the third book in the Marie Jenner Mystery series. I loved this book and found it to be very engaging from the very first page. The characters are well developed and the storyline is well written, with murder, intrigue, and a ghost hanging around to stalk Marie.

I am looking forward to reading more in the Marie Jenner Mystery series.
I read and reviewed a copy of this book with no obligation.
Tanya
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
her more than just her boss wants to learn all about her and past. She goes with him as she does not want him to learn everything. her ex will be there at the same time and ends up dead. Now she needs to find out who did it and make them move on as she does not want him stalking her as a ghost. her boss is a suspect. Will she find out who killed them? Will she get them to move on? See how she gets on

Urszula
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable paranormal story. I love two points of view. One of ghost and one of medium. Plus, the medium hates the ghost and is not interested in helping him. Hmmmmm. Good plot and characters. Interesting reality. Some angst. ;-)

Pam
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this series with this book and now I want to start at the beginning. This book had some really tough issues in it and the author handled them well. The characters grew through the story as theu started coming to terms with their personal problems. I look forward to reading more of this series.
Dorothy  Scott
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marie travels back home to divert her boss from learning all her secrets. However, her ex has been murdered and suspicion falls on them. Stalking The Dead is the third novel in the Marie Jenner Mystery Series that I enjoyed.

Bonnie
Nov 08, 2016 rated it liked it
As soon as it became available, I got this third book of the series, to follow it's neurotic protagonist in her effort to come to terms with her life, including the inherited gift of being able to converse with ghosts and help them pass on to the next stage, whatever that may be. Besides the humor, the convoluted emotions of all involved, both living and dead, and the mystery which usually involves who killed one of them, all of which are excellent, I enjoy the ongoing discussion between the her ...more
M.L.D.
Tyche Books
Nov 13, 2017
Patricia Bell
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I know the author personally and of course, read all her books. I particularly liked Stalking the Dead because of the way in which the characters are very believable - very unpleasant in some cases - but so believable. The story line goes, as always at a fast clip and keeps one reading at the same speed. Great book.
Kirstin Morrell
Dannielle
Jan 14, 2020
Linda
Feb 23, 2018

• The Winter King (Weathermages of Mystral, #1)
  • Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
  • White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2)
  • Arrow's Flight (Heralds of Valdemar, #2)
  • A Sleepy Hollow Kiss
  • A Murder at the Country Club
  • Offed Off-Broadway (Coastal Playhouse Mysteries, #3)
  • Death in Dalkinchie
  • Marked By The Alpha (Bare Bites #1)
  • Process of Illumination (Hand Lettering Mystery #4)
  • Gram Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #3)
  • Six Sweets Under (Apple Orchard Cozy #5.5)
  • Ellie & the Rainy Day
  • Saving the Fae (Daughter of Light Book 3)
  • Calamity under the Chandelier (Sleuthing Starlet Mystery #1)
  • Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #3)
  • Bearly Mated (Bear Claw Tales #4)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #2)
E.C. Bell is the author of six novels in the paranormal Marie Jenner Mystery Series. She has also published short stories and anthologies, won a couple of Aurora Awards, a Bloody Words Light Mystery Award, and an Alberta Book Publishing Award for Speculative Novel.

When she's not writing, she’s scouting out new locations for her upcoming novels, or renovating her round house in Edmonton, where she

Marie Jenner Mystery (6 books)
  • Seeing the Light (Marie Jenner Mystery #1)
  • Drowning in Amber (Marie Jenner Mystery #2)
  • Dying on Second (Marie Jenner Mystery #4)
  • Hearing Voices (Marie Jenner Mystery #5)
  • Haunting the Haunted (Marie Jenner Mystery, #6)