Start by marking “The Adventures of Superhero Girl” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Superhero Girl

The Adventures of Superhero Girl

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  92 ratings  ·  18 reviews
What if you can leap tall buildings and defeat alien monsters with your bare hands, but you buy your capes at secondhand stores and have a weakness for kittens? Cartoonist Faith Erin Hicks brings charming humor to the trials and tribulations of a young female superhero, battling monsters both supernatural and mundane in an all-too-ordinary world.

The expanded edition collec
Hardcover, Expanded Edition, 128 pages
Published June 27th 2017 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Superhero Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Superhero Girl

really liked it 4.00  ·

Marie the Librarian
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a really great comic about superheroes and life as a young adult!
Ashley
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun, fluffy graphic novel about a young superhero finding her place in the world. Unfortunately, Superhero Girl's city doesn't have any decent villains - unless you count guys that steal marshmallows or a hoard of incompetent ninjas. Along with trying to make rent, she has to deal with her famous superhero brother and a public that is completely unimpressed with her powers. This graphic novel is full of bright colors and humor! If you're looking for an easy laugh and some funny superhero trope ...more
Mary
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This an expanded edition of the original Eisner Award winning collection of comics. Laugh out loud funny, this is a delightful girl-power homage to superheroes everywhere.
Joy
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, comic
Akin to Squirrel Girl, this female superhero looks real life in the eye--like what to do when you run out of money, don't know how to talk to people at parties, or have an annoying perfect older sibling. I highly recommend this book for middle grade and up, especially for those looking for female superhero comics.
Anthony
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
What happens when a superhero decides to step out from under the shadow of her superhero big brother, and find her own niche in the world of superheros? Other than being broke, without a place to live, and in a city where the market for a superhero is small, and people thinking you're just not superhero material - just a barrel of laughs.
Ethan Hulbert
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Superhero Girl!!! I always wish there was so much more, like I know I have the expanded edition but man could there just be six more volumes of these? There's so much more story to tell! Kevin is especially a favorite (of course), and Superhero Girl's roommate is so classic. I love this book!
Benjamin Robinson
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a super flashy superhero comic book, you've come to the wrong place. This is a perfect comic for a relaxing time of comfort and amusement. It fills the nook of my comic experience that I didn't know I was missing.
Erin
I really wish she would come out with a second book. So much fun reading about her very relatable yet completely implausible superhero day to day life. Love it!
Liz
I'm not a fan of comics, but I can almost make it through this book. Superhero Girl is a lovable twenty-something, misunderstood, struggling Canadian superhero.
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Funny, and I loved the art.
Maria
I loved this comic. Superhero Girl is just like us, except she fights ninjas and Octogoggle.
Emma
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, graphic-novel
This was so meta! Reminded me of a more PG Gwenpool. Great art from Hicks as always.
Vi
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
super adorbs.
Sama
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
i can't believe i actually read this entire thing

at least the art is cool
Kat Ice
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
cute graphic novel, never thought I would read something about a super hero but loved this!
Debbie
Our kick-ass heroine can leap tall buildings, but being a superhero is not paying the bills. She's angsty and insecure, and she feels overshadowed by her big brother who is, well, Superhero-ier. I loved the artwork and the story. I look forward to adding this title to my classroom library and sharing it with students far and wide ('cause that's MY superpower).

Update: 10/21/2017
Reread for some comic relief between a couple of very heavy books. Utterly charming.
Kereesa
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everybody
2018/Expanded Edition

I will be a FEH fan until I die.

2013/Original Edition

That is all.

And why isn't Hicks adored to a crazy maximum? Clearly that needs to happen.
Claire
Nov 03, 2018
Jennifer Towns
Jun 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Born in the wilds of British Columbia, the young Faith frolicked among the Sasquatch native to the province before moving to Ontario at age five. There she was homeschooled with her three brothers, and developed an unnatural passion for galloping around on horseback, though never without a proper helmet (because you only get one skull). After twenty years of suffering through Ontario’s obscenely h ...more