Start by marking “As You Lay Sleeping” as Want to Read:
As You Lay Sleeping

As You Lay Sleeping

I did it all for you…

Cara’s boyfriend is dead. When fingers start pointing at her, she knows she’s in more trouble than she originally thought. Because Cara can see that something isn’t right. As her carefully constructed life begins to crumble, Cara isn’t sure who she is anymore. But maybe that’s exactly what someone wants her to think…
Published February 22nd 2017 by HQ Digital (HarperCollins Publishers)

To ask other readers questions about As You Lay Sleeping, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As You Lay Sleeping

Start your review of As You Lay Sleeping
Sarah Elizabeth
(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to HQ Digital, LLC and NetGalley.)

“It was an accidental overdose, that’s all.”

This was a YA mystery story about a girl whose boyfriend died mysteriously.

Cara was an okay character although she did take some unnecessary risks at times. She also maybe moved on from her dead boyfriend a little too quickly, so I wasn’t surprised when the dead boyfriend’s sister wasn’t happy about it.

The storyline in this was about Cara discovering
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description

description

This was an interesting little read. I wasn't sure I was going to like it at the beginning because there wasn't a single likable character. Especially the heroine who came across like a self-absorbed superficial bitch. That said, once Ryan comes into the picture her character improves GREATLY and I ended up liking her.

I was very quickly pulled into the story and the pace moved along nicely and kept me turning the pages. I enjoyed the developing relationship between Ryan and Cara. There were som
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
Shelves: read-in-2017
I am taking part in the blog tour for this book, head over to my blog for the chance to enter in an international giveaway! :) https://marriedtobooksreviewsandblog....

As You Lay Sleeping follows the story of seventeen year old Cara during the summer before her final year at High School where she has a group of close friends and a boyfriend about to leave for College. But before he leaves, Cara finds him dead but what really happened to him? The story follows Cara being framed for her boyfriend’s
Linda Strong
Cara is trying to dump her boyfriend. But she wants to keep it civil because her best friend is his sister and she doesn't want that relationship to suffer.

When Joe decides that Cara is right about breaking up, he wants to see her one last time. Agreeing to meet at his house, his last remark to her is ... bring some Thai food.

When Cara arrives there, she finds him lying on the sofa, so obviously dead. Because he's been using lots of drugs, her first assumption is that he overdosed. She sees a no
Sarah Joint
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Easy read you can fly through quickly. I didn't know the book would focus on teenagers when I read the synopsis, but that's what it is: complete with drama about friend groups and the all important "fitting in". My rating is a 3.5 bumped up to a 4. I enjoyed it, though the ending felt a little rushed to me.

Cara is a pretty happy teenage girl in the beginning. She has loving parents, she's popular, and has some close friends. Her boyfriend is a problem. She wants to break up with him, but doesn't
Sophie Bristow Harris
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great read for a Young Adult - or even older adults if you prefer your thrillers less threatening and without colourful language.
This looked like a gripping read to me and I enjoyed it a lot.
The main character, Cara, started off being very self obsessed until she was forced out of her friendship ring and met a new friend. When this happened she softened a lot and had compassion for others.
I was rooting for Cara to solve the mystery and even shed a tear at the end when she was reunited
Mehsi
I received this book for a blog tour in exchange of an honest review.

Well, I got to 52% and then I just had to give up. My head hurt, I wanted to throw all the characters into a fiery pit of doom and destruction, and oh yeah, the story didn't go anywhere and was dragging as no tomorrow. Eventually I read the last 9~% of the book to see what would happen, and found out I didn't miss much of anything by skipping. :P So I read a total of 61% of this book. Meh.

I was truly looking forward to this boo
Lynda Dickson
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 16+
Shelves: young-adult
The story is told in the first person from the points-of-view of sixteen-year-old Cara and the mysterious and murderous E, who is searching for a girl called Sylvia. The search takes E to Chester Bay, Connecticut, where Cara lives. When Cara's boyfriend dies mysteriously, her world is turned upside down: she loses her best friends and her social standing; she's hounded by the detective in charge of the case; and someone from her past shows up unexpectedly and displays an unnatural interest in he ...more
Charlotte
Cara is 16 when the book starts. She is ignoring her boyfriend, Joe. The only reason she wanted Joe was to get a higher social status at school, she just wanted to be one of the popular girls. Shallow? Yes, that her, but Joe is a drug addict, likes drink and some other unsavory thing that Data is thinking may not be worth it. Kat is Joe's sister and queen of the popular girls, and Cara's best friend while dating her brother.
This book is about a teenage girl finding herself, finding what's import
Suze Lavender
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cara's relationship with Joe brings her the popularity she craves. They've been together for a long time and for a while everything was okay between them, but Joe is going to a prestigious university and Cara will be a senior in high school. It's time to go their separate ways. Unfortunately their goodbye is a bit more definite than Cara imagined it would be, as Joe is dead. Cara is being interrogated by the police. Do they think Joe was killed and if so is she a suspect? After Joe's death Cara ...more
Abbie
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from Netgalley, In exchange for an honest review.)

I wasn't a big fan of the characters in this, but they weren't awful.

Despite this only being short, there were parts in this that dragged slightly for me, and the book felt longer than what it was because of it.

It wasn't one that I can said I really liked, but it was an alright read overall.
Sue Wallace
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As you lay sleeping by Katlyn Duncan is a mystery and thriller and teens and ya read.
I did it all for you…
Cara’s boyfriend is dead.
But maybe that’s exactly what someone wants her to think…
This was a fantastic read with brilliant characters. I loved the story. Kept m
Alison Taylor-Muhl
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great YA book, having said that, as a 40-year-old, I found it was a good read for me too!

Initially, I didn’t warm to the Cara. At the beginning of the tale, she is a self-obsessed teenager who is constantly trying to ‘better’ herself. The sad thing is, the only way she believes she can do this, is by mixing with the wealthy, popular girls. In order to become an important part of this group, Cara dates the brother of the ‘it’ girl, even though she is deeply unhappy with the relationshi
Fiona
Apr 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a quick read, quite pacy and with enough suspense to keep the pages turning. You have have to suspend belief at times but overall the plot was good, the characters well developed and the author shows insight into teenage girl angst - the measures some will go to to fit in and the insidious bullying some experience.
I enjoyed this book and I think it will be popular with the YA market. I'm not sure I understand the title but that's a minor point. A good 3.5 stars.
My thanks to TBConFB fo
Ross Greenwood
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read yet started off too slowly for me.

The pace improved in the second half of the book as did my enjoyment.

The author displayed an excellent awareness of teen angst and their mean interactions and didn't go overboard on the romance. There were some nice lines that made me smile and showed talent.

A decent end to the story led to me awarding a 4!
Paula  Phillips
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to admit when I first saw the cover of the book and the blurb, I wanted to read it as it looked like an amazing suspense story. Even the first chapter had me hooked with the Killer gaining adoption records; this had an amazing start to the story. The only thing though is that it could have been way better as I felt it had a really strong start and a positive potential to be awesome but it was like along the way it hit a standstill, and the reveal wasn't as big as it could have been. The ...more
TDCbookreviews
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cara is on her way to her boyfriends to mutually break up when she finds him dead on the couch. Can you imagine the mixed feelings she has about her boyfriend, of course she didn't want him harmed, but she didn't want to be hist girlfriend anymore either.

Childhood friend comes back into the picture and it ends up being the Detective's brother, which definitely doesn't look good on her, since she is one of the suspects.

This story definitely grips you and you don't really know who killed her boy
Dark Faerie Tales
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A heart pounding story that will keep you on the edge of you seat!

Opening Sentence: “For the last time, tell me what family she was assigned to and I will untie you.”

Excerpt: No

The Review:

Cara is getting ready to start her senior year of high school and has it all, or at least it looks as if she does! She’s popular, has a hot boyfriend, great friends and a loving family! But when her boyfriend dies her perfect life falls apart!

People start blami
CrazyCat (Alex)
This was a real page turner for me. In the beginning I didn't like Cara, at all. She was not nice to her sister, she thought to be better than most kids at her school, when in reality she was so scared to get back to her ordinary life. I also liked that between the chapters the killer gave glimpses of what was happening on his/her way to achieve the goal. It was a roller coaster ride, 'cause you know that Cara didn't do it, but the police officer makes her life so miserable that you just wanna s ...more
Paola Aliedo
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
At the beginning, I already had the feeling that a woman might be the killer. The reason, I had some ideas yet, I was not sure. I liked how the twists and turns in this story. I was excited and at the same time, nervous for Cara. She was clueless who the murderer was, but she held the key in finding the truth. I was happy about how the villain was portrayed here. She was obsessed and smart, yet I also felt a little bit sad about how she ended up. Wow! It has an open ending, so, perhaps, I will b ...more
zyneb
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it
this book was rushed, it unraveled too soon

I'm not disappointed by it, but still it wasn't my favorite read, I enjoyed the idea of it but the way it was written and told is what i didn't like that much.

I'm definitely interested in future books by the author, since i enjoyed the style of writing and i give this book 3 stars.
Samantha Albrecht
I enjoyed this book and it was a quick read. So much happens with Cara that I found myself unable to out it down and kept turning the page. I liked the relationship between Cara and Ryan. The book alludes to him having a darker or mysterious side, and if there is a sequel (which the ending seemed to pave a path for a potential sequel) I'd love to find out more about what that side of him is.
Katherine Paschal
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cara goes through the motions of being with her boyfriend, but is counting down the days until they are no longer together. When he calls her and tells her to meet him, she has no idea that she will find him dead, or that she will become a suspect in his murder. Cara just wants her life back, but something is coming and she needs to face the truth.

I picked up the book one night to just read a few chapters and was incredibly surprised to find myself at the end of the story within the same eveni
Deidre Rachal
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the ending!

Good read. The ending was the best part. I wondered about the character on the boat. Well, I found out!
Aisling O'Rourke
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my review for As You Lay Sleeping by Katlyn Duncan. I received this book as an ARC from NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own. The first part of this review does not contain spoilers and I will indicate when spoilers come in.

5 stars The book was one of the best I've ever read

Aunt Meanie
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
As You Lay Sleeping.
By: Katlyn Duncan

I love the creepy book cover. It's dark, chilling and mysterious. The main characters are described well and given enough background that you can relate to their personalities. The secondary characters are a but vague but you get enough information and character description to know how they fit into the story.
I really enjoyed that the setting is described as what appears to be an idyllic, a coastal beach town. It’s a much better setting than a cold, winter i
Lori Murray
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Book Tour Review that I am Involved with.

As You Lay Sleeping Katlyn DuncanPublished by: HQ DigitalPublication date: February 22nd 2017Genres: Thriller, Young Adult

I did it all for you…
Cara’s boyfriend is dead.
But maybe that’s exactly what someone wants her to think
Audio Audits
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-suspense
Popular 17-year-old Cara has been trying to break off her relationship with Joe, her druggie boyfriend. She gets her wish just not in the way she was expecting when she discovers his dead body. Cara needs to start putting the clues together fast.

Ryan a mysterious figure from her past, arrives just in time to help her put the puzzle pieces together, but you know what they say, there’s no such thing as a coincidence and Ryan is connected in more ways than one.

Cara is a likable character, she’s a p
Sue Fernandez
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Net Galley and HQ Digital for an e-Arc of this title in exchange for my honest review. I read this one with my 16 yo daughter, and we both enjoyed it. I was afraid it would be too scary, but it was just suspenseful enough that it kept us reading, but not gory. Some of the characters didn't have a lot of sense, but that's the same as real life, so it was realistic. I'm not certain her parents would've let her wander around so much when she'd just recently found her boyfriend dead, bu ...more
Lisa Dess
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
I received a copy of this book by the author via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

Cara is having one heck of a summer. Her boyfriend dies, she a suspect in a murder investigation, she loses her best friends, she finds out her family has lied to her for years, she finds love and she pulled into a maniacs web. This is a lot to take in for just one summer.

The main character, Cara, is easy to relate to. Cara is trying to find herself throughout the book. First, who she thought she wante

• The Girl Who Went Nowhere
  • Death by Request (Caribbean Murder, #11)
  • See You Soon
  • Forgotten Legacy (Singing River Legacy #2)
  • Suitcase Girl (Abby Kane FBI Thriller #7; Suitcase Girl Trilogy #1)
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • Watching Over Me (Crime After Crime #1)
  • Brave Girl, Quiet Girl
  • The Girl and the Deadly End (Emma Griffin #7)
  • The Girl and the Hunt (Emma Griffin #6)
  • When I Wake Up
Coming from a small town in Western Mass, Katlyn Duncan always had her head in the clouds. Working as a scientist for most of her adult life, she enjoyed breaking down the hows and whys of life.

As a full-time author and freelance writer, she’s published eight novels in four years. If she’s not writing, she’s obsessing over many (many) television series’.

She currently resides in Southern New Engla