Start by marking “Crawling Between Heaven and Earth” as Want to Read:
Crawling Between Heaven and Earth

Crawling Between Heaven and Earth

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Eleven previously uncollected fictions. Includes reprints from the pages of Absolute Magnitude, Analog, Dark Regions Magazine, Dreams of Decadence, and Weird Tales, three original stories, plus the novelette "Songs."
Paperback
Published 2002 by Baen

To ask other readers questions about Crawling Between Heaven and Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crawling Between Heaven and Earth

YouKneeK
This book is an anthology containing eleven short stories in a mix of genres including fantasy, science fiction, paranormal, and even alternate history.

Although I’m usually not too crazy for short stories, I actually really enjoyed these. They had plenty of meat and character development, and sometimes there were deeper themes underlying a story that gave it more meaning. I wouldn’t have complained if the stories had been longer and more fleshed out, but I didn’t feel like I was just being fed
Rebecca
May 29, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a perfectly acceptable but somewhat forgettable set of stories. They're all reasonably competent and entertaining, but nothing really sings. I read this a week ago, and I'm already having trouble remembering which stories went with a few of the titles.

Some are reasonably clever and appealing. "Ariadne's Skein" features a bio-construct on a vacation that goes awry in a horrifying and poignant fashion. Others, like "Elvis Died for Your Sins", are professionally executed but feel rather lik
Jpbradley
This is an excellent selection of short stories by an accomplished author that spans most of the genre's for which she is known. If you've never read any of her work it's a good way to get acquainted. We've got ghosts, the bard himself, and other figures historic, futuristic and otherwise, envisioned by this acclaimed writer. Go read it.
bluetyson
Crawling Between Heaven And Earth by Sarah Hoyt (2000)
Mark Parkinson
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
short stories with a twist a good read, reminded me why I used to like reading Asimov's magazine years ago
Clyde
May 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Crawling Between Heaven and Earth is a very good collection of speculative fiction short stories by a talented writer.
Georgina
May 21, 2012 rated it liked it
short stories taking you from past to future and back. some wonderfully divergent pov's.
Kris
Oct 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
These sci-fi short stories were fun to read, even if some of the premises didn't seem very innovative.
Bill Davis