Start by marking “The Spooky School (Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam)” as Want to Read:
The Spooky School (Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam)

The Spooky School

(Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam)

Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam don't just make amazing cakes. These two brave bakers solve wacky mysteries too!

Halloween at St Spectre's school brings out the cheekiest of ghosts! And who is to blame when the weather goes CRAZY? A power-grabbing red panda, maybe? Certainly not the raccoon gang fixing the museum's toilets - they've got dastardly plans of their OWN!
Published September 2016 by Nosy Crow

To ask other readers questions about The Spooky School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spooky School

Start your review of The Spooky School (Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam)
Helen
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was delighted with this book overall. The illustrations complimented this well written collection of short stories. The autumn colour palette which featured in the imagery throughout was a nice touch and the unique stories were perfect for younger readers.
Daisy May Johnson
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
The thing about Nosy Crow books is that they, fairly uniformly, have a really high standard of design. It's almost an unimportant skill, this, because when we read a book, we read a book and we don't really grade it on how it looks. At least, we don't do that consciously.

But here's the thing: when we read,we don't just read the words. We read everything about it : the colour, the feel, the weight of the paper, the typography,the design, and we don't realise it, but we do and this sort of stuff
Wilde Sky
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it
A pair of friends get involved in some capers.

An odd assortment of short stories some of which I struggled to follow.

Overall rating 2.5.

Reading time around one hour.
Judith
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another delightful book for beginner readers about the hapless criminals turned master bakers / detectives. Three short stories with echoes of Scooby-Doo see them hunting down criminals ably assisted by their amazing gadgets disguised as baking equipment. The illustrations add to the enjoyment without distracting from the flow of the story, I loved the snooty Lady Wolfington, just what an afghan hound in pearls should look like!
Thank you Nosy Crow for sending me a review copy.
Caroline
Oct 31, 2016
Emma
Jan 01, 2017
Seawood
I didn't get on with this as well as I'd thought I would, and I think that's because I hadn't realised it was short stories - I hate being ambushed like that, I don't really get along with short stories of any kind. That said, I think it'd be excellent for confident Y2s up to "reluctant" or struggling Y4s because the shorter tales are easily accessible. ...more
Ivana
Kerry
Sep 25, 2019

• Як я дорослішаю. Посібник для дівчат
  • Color  Learn Easy French Phrases for Kids
  • French Ages 7-9: Home Learning and School Resources from the Publisher of Revision Practice Guides, Workbooks, and Activities. (Collins Easy Learning Primary Languages)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Perfect Pet Sitter (Dork Diaries, #10)
  • The Cat in the Hat (The Cat in the Hat, #1)
  • Christmas at Thompson Hall and Other Christmas Stories
  • Happy Christmas Hammy the Wonder Hamster
  • You're Snug with Me
  • James Arthur, My Story: The Official X Factor Winner's Book
  • The Killer Cat's Christmas (The Killer Cat, #5)
  • Summer Shocker! (Spy Cat #1)
  • Precious and the Mystery of Meerkat Hill (Precious Ramotswe's Very First Cases, #2)
  • The Curious Kitten
  • The Dog Who Lost His Bark
  • Sea Urchins and Sand Pigs
  • The Worst Witch All at Sea (Worst Witch, #4)
  • When We Walked on the Moon: Discover the dangers, disasters, and triumphs of every moon mission
  • Rescuing Gus
Tracey is the author of Hubble Bubble, Granny Trouble. She was born and grew up in industrial South Wales and now lives in a hidden valley in Gloucestershire with her husband, two children and an ever-increasing menagerie of devilishly-cute-but-sometimes-rather-naughty pets.

A trained teacher, Tracey has always had a passion for wonderful literature and began writing for children in 2006. Her books

Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam (8 books)
  • Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam (Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam)
  • The Cat Burglar (Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam)
  • The Diamond Chase (Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam)
  • The Missing Masterpiece (Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam)
  • Up, Up and Away! (Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam)
  • Jingle Bells (Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam)
  • The Aliens are Coming! (Shifty McGifty and Slippery Sam)