Start by marking “Over Maya Dead Body (Serena Jones Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Over Maya Dead Body (Serena Jones Mystery #3)

Over Maya Dead Body

(Serena Jones Mystery #3)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  250 Ratings  ·  94 Reviews

When her investigation propels her
Published July 4th 2017 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published July 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Over Maya Dead Body, please sign up.
Jan Drexler Definitely a clean read with some faith elements, but not overbearing. Sandra Orchard's books are cozy mysteries with an artsy twist. The main…moreDefinitely a clean read with some faith elements, but not overbearing. Sandra Orchard's books are cozy mysteries with an artsy twist. The main character, Serena Jones, is a young FBI agent, but learning her job quickly. Her co-worker/boss/trainer, Tanner, is a hoot, and possibly a romantic involvement someday? Her parents provide a solid grounding, and Aunt Martha is full of her own mysteries and amateur sleuthing. And then there's Nate, who is a bit of a mystery, himself. And Harold the cat is around just enough to be pleasantly underfoot. I love this series. :)(less)

Melanie Kilsby
ABSOULTELY AWESOME.

Excellent plot pacing and dynamics through out the entire manuscript. I really had a hard time guessing who did it!

*pulls hat off head and bows to Sandra*

SO GOOD!

I have to admit this was by far the best in the whole series. Normally, a series tends to get weaker into the third book. That is definitely not the case. A brilliant end!
Also, the love triangle did wrap up, all-be-it interestingly and not what I expected at first. I still hate love triangles but it was a good read
Cara Putman
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ever looking for a book that will keep you guessing, and do so with a bit of humor? Over Maya Dead Body is just that kind of book...and I love that it wraps up the question of which romance Serena will choose. Serena's latest mystery is told in the perfect first person voice. There's humor, emotion, and just enough lack of self-awareness to keep her truly lovable as a heroine. She's overwhelmed trying to solve a murder that is personal and the hits keep coming. Add in two hunky friends who both ...more
Sarah Grace
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 16+ for romance and violence
Well then! I am satisfied with the ending. :D (view spoiler)

A star off because the love triangle got a bit over the top for me, which is to be expected considering it's the last book. That and some romantic\violent content that made me a bit uncomfortable, and a rather unrealistic plot twist that was annoying.

Orchard definitely keeps you on your toes throughout this book, just like the last one. Lots of crazy plot twists and turns.

I really l
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)

About this book:

“FBI Special Agent Serena Jones arrives on Martha's Vineyard with her family, ready for a little bit of R&R and a whole lot of reminiscing as they celebrate the engagement of an old family friend. But crime doesn't take a vacation, and she's soon entangled in an investigation of a suspicious death tied to an antiquities smuggling ring.
Staci
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
What a fun conclusion to the Serena Jones Mystery Series!

Aunt Martha continues to be a riot. She is so eager to be a part of the action and sticks her neck out routinely in search of clues.

The author takes Serena, Nate and Tanner out of St. Louis in Over Maya Dead Body. This forces Serena to see Nate and Tanner at the same time and in a different environment. I was thrilled with who she ends up with at the end of the novel.

Speaking of the ending, the final pages were spectacular. I was smiling
Wendy Sparkes
#3 Serena Jones Mysteries

I'm struggling with this review - how do I review it without giving away spoilers?

Well, let's start with Aunt Martha. She's as delightful as ever...and of course is always right there to help solve the mystery and help Serena out.

Now on to Tanner and Nate. Honestly, there were a few times I wanted to bang their heads together as they tried to one-up each other! The other problem? Well, only one of them was going to win Serena. I seriously do not like love triangles, espe
Jazzy
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
READ FULL REVIEW HERE: https://thrivinghope.blogspot.com/201...

initial reaction: WOW WOW WOW WOW WOOOOOW. RTC!!

my review - 5
I received an ARC of this book from INTERVIEWS AND REVIEWS in exchange for my review. (sorry this is so late, I got totally caught up in school. but it's here now!)

I don't normally do mysteries, but YOU GUYS. I literally got hooked the first page. Maybe it was her writing? Or Serena? Or maybe it was dinner... food can put me in certain moods. Whichever was the case, I coul
Alicia
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series was entertaining, suspenseful and so hard to put down! I liked pretty much all of the (good) main characters, and Serena Jones was a fun, regular person with the intense job of an FBI agent. I also really enjoyed the first person point-of-view take on a mystery, and the mysteries had me guessing the whole time. I have to mention Aunt Martha, Serena’s eccentric and adventurous aunt who had a few tricks up her sleeve- she was awesome!

The one thing I did not like was the love triangle.
Caitlyn Santi
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have loved this series since I read book one, needless to say I was super excited for this one! I had exceedingly high expectations for this book, and it met and surpassed every single one! I loved that so many of the loose ends that have trailed throughout the series were perfectly tied up, I also loved that there were two big developments that I had predicted since book one that I was actually right about!
I enjoyed this book so much, I hated to set it down and even when I had to my mind sti
Amanda Tero
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you're wondering if this book can be jumped into without the other two books having been read...read the others first. I'm not going to give anything away, but a lot of things in this book would have a more powerful punch if you've gotten to know some of the characters in previous books.

That being said, yes, I read this book without having read the other two Serena Jones books. I picked up on the threads that I likely missed (so it CAN be read as a stand-alone, but references to past books ma
Mikayla
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
I would just like to clarify really quick that the two star rating is not from any bad content. This book is extremely clean. The rating is only based on the ending.

Okay, so the first two books were cute. They were clean mystery's. For the most part, this one was pretty good.
I was excited there was a tiny bit more spiritual content in this one. The problem is that even though Serena struggles with some things, she never resolves them. I really didn't like that.
The main thing I hated about this
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OVER MAYA DEAD BODY was just as fun and quirky as I thought it would be. Serena is an FBI agent who seems to about as clueless as they come, especially about the love stuff. I started to try to figure out who-dun-it, made my initial guesses, and then got caught up in the story and forgot to try and make my final guesses. I was admittedly more interested in who would win Serena's heart. Nate, the good ole boy who manages her apartment and has oh, so many secrets, or Tanner, her FBI co-worker who ...more
Maureen Timerman
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Just finished the third book in this series, and it sure didn’t disappoint, and can be read by its self, but you don’t want to miss the other two!
Of course, bodies seem to follow our FBI agent Serena around, and going to Martha’s Vineyard is not exception for her, and this is sad for her family at the same time.
You will be changing your mind as to who is involved from page to page, and just when you think you know for sure, guess what! There is a lot of action too, firebombs, break line cuts, gu
Kav
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Campy and quirky and sooooooo much fun. The author's devious plotting leads Serena and company on a merry chase around Martha's Vineyard as they work on solving a very personal murder mystery. Madcap mayhem guaranteed! Aunt Martha is in her element and even Harold the Cat gets to pack his bag and cone holidaying.

The mystery is brilliant. I think I suspected nearly every secondary character at some point in my read. And I was all too gullible in places, willing to be reeled in by multiple red her
Kelly Bridgewater
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Romantic suspense is a great genre filled with a little bit of romance between the hero and the heroine and a non-stop action story usually filled with a hunt for a murder or justice. With Sandra Orchard's story Over Maya Dead Body, she brings in repeatable characters like Serena Jones and her two sidekicks Nate and Tanner who both choose to like Serena. The romance picks up as the story moves along, bringing me along for the ride as Serena has to choose between two men who make her heart thump ...more
Rachael
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow, I was afraid this book was going to leave me hanging--it was getting right down to the wire when certain...[cough]...things I've been waiting on since Book the First were resolved. Both Nate and Tanner are great guys--if a little frustrating on occasion for needing to show the other up--and both make terrific heroes. The decision between them has been a long time in coming! And I think I'm satisfied with the result (though I confess I may have waffled back and forth a few dozen times during ...more
Mark
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I reviewed the first two books in this series, but somehow missed out on reviewing this one. Even though I had to purchase my own copy, I decided to review it since I did the other two books.

This has been an awesome series, and I am sad to see it end. Over Maya Dead Body may be the best book in this trilogy. It takes place far from home, and has quite the intricate plot with plenty of suspects to pick from. I was at a total loss at figuring out who was guilty and of what, and was very entertai
Kara
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Orchard does it again in this conclusion to Serena Jones! Really loved how the book started, but despite the constant action and, "What's going on now?!" scenarios throughout, the middle of the story slightly slowed down for me as Serena tries to navigate her personal feelings for Nate versus Tanner.

I have been rooting for one of them this whole series, but based on Serena's confused thoughts, I didn't know who would win her heart. Also, it was difficult to gauge which one really deserved her i
Amy
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Over Maya Dead Body by Sandra Orchard was a slight twist from the previous two books in the series. For one thing, it was something along the lines of a murder mystery along with the art caper. The other big difference was that Serena was on vacation and her time wasn’t split between her ‘shift husband’ and her ‘house husband’ as her mother called it, but was free game to the knights-in-shining-armor who rushed to her aid.

Lots of people complain about love triangles, but if they’re done right,
Natalie
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
The mystery aspect of this was definitely not as good as the first two. There were too many characters and it was hard to keep them all straight at times.

I also once again found Serena to be very unprofessional. She tells her plans and theories about the murders to just about anyone she meets or talks to. It's probably just me because most other reviewers seem to love Aunt Martha, but I can't stand her. I found her to be annoying and nosy at best.

I can't talk too much about the romance without
Michelle Connell
Serena Jones, an FBI agent with the St Louis Art Crimes Division, is supposed to be on vacation on Martha's Vineyard. But when her dad's good friend is found dead, they aren't sure if he was murdered or if it was accidental. Events happen that put her in danger but she has help from coworkers and family. Who is behind the attacks and the antiquities smuggling in the area? Will Serena and her team find out in time?
Carol Lee
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great mystery that will keep you reading and guessing. I love seeing what Serena is up to next as she tries to take a break from the rigors of the FBI only to find herself caught up in a death tied to a smuggling ring. She finds herself more deeply involved than she plans and then to complicate things, she finds herself the romantic target of the men in her life and she has to juggle them, the case, and her initial reason for being at Martha's Vineyard the celebration of an engagement.
A real
Cheryl
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Special agent Serena goes to Martha's Vineyard to have some R & R while they celebrate an engagement. There is a suspicious death tied to An antiquities smuggling ring and Serena is put in danger. She needs to solve the case before anyone else dies. She is also balancing two men in her life so more complications. The book sounds a lot more interesting than it is, it seemed to drag on.
Fiction Aficionado
It’s here! The much anticipated conclusion to the Serena Jones series is fast-paced, full of twists, u-turns, and surprises, and crackling with romantic tension! I seriously thought I would be reading this one with my hands over my eyes, peeking through my fingers in some absurd attempt to thwart the nerves over how it would play out (if anyone says ‘it’s just a story’, I’ll throw the nearest object I can find at you!) but I was sucked in from the get-go, and my nerves gradually eased as the hum ...more
Just Commonly
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
". . . a little mystery makes it more fun!" (12) And yes it does, especially when we're talking about A Serena Jones Mystery by Sandra Orchard. With the latest and sadly (possibly) last installment, Over Maya Dead Body, we finally see Serena get some well needed R & R, but of course, "Crime doesn't take a vacation" (backcover), and our main agent as well.

I've taken to this series from the get go with it's quirky characters and just as eccentric mystery sequences that just had be eye-rolling
Janet Sketchley
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FBI agent Serena Jones is trained to spot illegal activity – even when she’s on vacation. A stranger’s suspicious behaviour makes her think he’s smuggling art antiquities, and the unexpected death of the man she and her family had travelled to visit has her looking for a murderer.

The evidence suggests that Jack fell, but what happens next convinces Serena otherwise. Unless she’s too obsessed by her job and these incidents are truly accidents like the local police say.

Serena, her parents, and her
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Over Maya Dead Body
A Serena Jones Mystery #3
By Sandra Orchard

Serena Jones is going to just enjoy a little downtime with her family on Martha's Vineyard while celebrating the engagement of an old family friend. But things quickly take a downward turn when their plans are disrupted by a death. Serena being who she is suspicious and with Aunt Martha along she has a ready assistant to help her investigate her concerns.

But all too soon Serena's investigation takes a dangerous turn when someone seems
Sara Wise
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sandra Orchard’s “Over Maya Dead Body” is another fun whodunnit featuring FBI Art Crime Agent Serena Jones.

When Serena and her family travel to Martha’s Vineyard to celebrate family friend Jack Hill’s engagement, they find a shocking discovery — Jack is dead. Police rule his death an accident, but when Serena learns Jack had contacted the FBI about a potential antiquities smuggling ring on the island, she immediately becomes suspicious.

And when more and more strange and dangerous happenings occu
Gloria
What a great book this is! I really enjoyed this third book in the Serena Jones series. Unfortunately, I have not read the first two and plan to wait a while and go back and read them.

Serena, an agent with the FBI art crimes division in St. Louis, her parents and her aunt Martha are on the way to Martha's Vineyard for an engagement party for an "uncle" and dad's best friend, Jack Hill. Sadly upon arrival to the island, they found out Jack has taken a fatal fall down stairs going down to the beac
Jalynn Patterson
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

When her investigation propels her into danger, Serena must stay the course and solve this case before anyone else dies. But just how is she supp
Sandra leaps off the garden trails of her herbal-researcher-turned-amateur-sleuth (Port Aster Secrets) series, to the museum corridors of her plucky FBI art crime agent Serena Jones, in A Fool and His Monet.

When not plotting crimes, Sandra plays make-believe with her grandchildren or hikes with her hubby along the escarpment, near their home in Niagara, Canada.

Her novels have garnered numerous a

Serena Jones Mystery (3 books)
  • A Fool and His Monet (Serena Jones Mystery, #1)
  • Another Day, Another Dali (Serena Jones Mystery #2)
“Then a hole in Tanner's argument hit me like a bolt of lightning and I could scarcely contain my own smirk. "If Nate flew here because we're dating, how do you explain your being here?"

Tanner grinned. "I'm your shift husband."

I dragged my hand down my face and muttered, "You heard that?"

"Seren-uh," he drawaled. "It's o-kay.”
0 likes