Start by marking “When Angels Seek Chaos (Depalma Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
When Angels Seek Chaos (Depalma Family, #1)

When Angels Seek Chaos (Depalma Family #1)

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  184 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
Angelo Moretti was a man I should have stayed far away from.

When my world was torn apart before my eyes, and I was left vulnerable and damaged, he was sent to protect me.

He was hard.

He was patronizing.

And he was the most beautiful man I’d ever met.

Every bone in my body told me to hate him, to despise everything he stood for.

But I couldn’t.

Angelo lit a fire inside me
Published August 16th 2017

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
4.5 'Family' First Stars
"Because the blood that runs through your veins is owed to me"

photo angelo_zpsyq2krv7d.gif

Angelo Moretti is my type, a little troubled, dark, mysterious and just enough alpha. Anthony Depalma the head of the 'family' pulls Angelo out of a crappy situation when he was a child and raised him as his own. Since then Angelo has been loyal to the 'family'.
In my mind, Anthony Depalma had freed me from a life I detested. From a man, who to me, represented the devil himself. And in my soul, I know that I
♥ Dri ♥
Shelves: 2017
5 I LOVED EVERYTHING stars!!!

Família. Crueldade. Sofrimento. Angústia. Traição. Vingança.

Há tempos eu não ficava tão presa a um livro envolvendo mafiosos. Uma boa parte dos que eu já li apenas abordam o tema superficialmente, um background somente pra desenrolar um romance.
E não foi isso que vi aqui, graças a Deus!!!!

"I wished so much more for them. I wished them pain and anguish, I wished them the kind of torture that made them scream and pray for death. But death would be too easy, no, t
Tongan Book Lover (Ofa Tafa)
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't know what I was expecting. But this book ruined me. It had absolutely everything and more that I loved in a Mafia romance. I'll be watching this author a bit more closely from now on.
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 'Family' First Stars
"Because the blood that runs through your veins is owed to me"

photo angelo_zpsyq2krv7d.gif

-S♡
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
★4 Stars! When Angels Seek Chaos.
Libby Harrison

Beware of Spoilers!

Star Ratings:
Heroine (Emerson): 22yrs old
Hero (Angelo): late 20s/early 30s?
Plot: 3/5
Grovel: none
Cheating: none
HEA: yes
Triggers: detailed rape (not of h), abuse

Average score: 2.5/5

Best Line: “I couldn’t help but be enamored by the woman she was becoming.”

Worst Line: “When you’re with me, everything is one way… my fucking way,”

Personal Review:
A dark romance between a mafia man and a young dancer

Random Ramblings:
•Don’t like having dictionar
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Anyone who knows me KNOWS that mafia stories are my jam! And dark mafia stories? Good Lord sign me up!! I absolutely FLOVED this book!! And hello - where has this author been? How have I never heard of her? She legit rocked my world with this book! (Thank you once again GMB!) I loved Angelo and Emerson so so hard. Their passion was intense and their chemistry combustible. Angelo was so protective, strong and so dedicated to Emerson and his family that I could not get enough of him and this book. ...more
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

Rating:

“You fight, and you breathe, and you love.”

You don't end a story like that and expect your readers to be just okay with it. Because what. In. The. Actual. Fuck!

The emotions, the feels, the numbness, everything. Just fuck everything!

Anywho, going back (trying to calm myself here fyi), I'm quite picky with my mafia. Some stories are mostly same old same old, as is with experience with unknown authors to me, but this is a different case.

Sophie and Emerson lived a life of pressure and e
Expresso
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First story by this author. Definitely not my last. This story is EVERYTHING a mafia story should be!

Angst. Mishap. Betrayal. Family BS. The drama never ends! I walked away from this story several times because I didn't want it to end. Oh yeah and some scenes are so friggin intense I had heart palpitations!!! Whyyyyyy did this story have to end???!!!

You're gonna fly through this story because it's soooo good. Like me you're probably gonna have to read it again to absorb every detail while froli
Brandy Roberts
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Addison Jane and once I heard that she was writing a Depalma family series I could not wait to get my greedy hands on it then devour it . When angels seek chaos really hit me emotionally my heart not only broke for the hero and heroine but also some secondary characters . Once you have the book in your kindle it is impossible to put it down even though at times it felt like I needed to take a break and regroup I couldn't stop myself from turning my kindle right back on . Angelo and Emerso ...more
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"When you're with me, everything is one way...my fucking way."

When I decided to read When Angels Seek Chaos, it was because of the author. I really enjoyed her The Club Girl Diaries series. So, I figured that if she can write a good badass biker, imagine how good her alpha mafia capo might be. Good is an understatement as shown by my five star rating. It has only whetted my appetite for more Depalma Family series, especially after the epilogue that gave me a glimpse of what I have to look forw
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-love
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of the book.

When Angels Seek Chaos was everything I was sort of hoping that another Mafia Romance that I read recently would be but wasn't. So I guess you could say that it scratched an itch that's been bothering me for a minute. Angelo - oh Angelo. Dark, violent, possessive, and deliciously alpha - he was the perfect male lead and counterpart for Emerson. Emerson won points from jump because I just adore that name, but other than that I loved her c
LER
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Addison Jane has gone dark. With her first complete foray into the mafia world she didnt hold back or pull her punches. We find a new direction in her writing and she has done it very well. This book was exciting, dark, sexy and very entertaining. I loved Emerson and Angelo was very sexy (although I still prefer my biker men--sorry, not sorry).

If you are a fan of Mafia romances or Addison's books or just a good, kinda dark romance, you will love this book!
But, have some tissues handy--just sayin
Forever_meme
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS
Astronimamkm Mary
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story brings more light to the DePalma family and what has been happening with them since we met them briefly in the other series. Angelo made an appearance and now it is his turn to be struck with love. This man is not one to go down without a fight, that's for sure. He is not your typical alpha male to me either. This man is ruthless in life and love. He wants someone who can stand with him, not behind him. One thing I admired about Angelo, was that he strived to make Emerson better. Stri ...more
Kcduchess
I've loved mafia stories ever since I saw The Godfather for the first time. When Angels Seek Chaos is the first book of The DePalma Family -series and I loved it. The storyline is incredible, and it is everything from dark and twisted into sizzling hot. Alpha males, big guns, capable females, violence... everything to make an excellent mafia story.

Emerson Rossi knows of her Italian heritage, but as far as knowing that her uncle is the boss of DePalma family, she has no idea. Her father has disso
« Court »
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Maybe the Mafia thing just isn't my style? Or maybe this was lacking the energy I was looking for going into it...

So, okay, Angelo's dark-and-bloodthirsty thing was definitely up my alley. And I can admire Emerson for building herself into a someone who had the balls to keep up with the rest of the guys, despite having just found out she's part of one of the most powerful Mafia families in the US.

I think the issue is that it left something to desire in terms of tangibility: character descripti
Kylee
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This would have to be the best mafia book I have read to date. When Angels Seek Chaos will hold you captivated, it will steal your heart and even though it will walk you into the darkness, sometimes the darkness holds the strongest light. You will fall in love with the characters, they are strong, they are loyal and the love they have for their family is beyond anything you can imagine. You will discover that not only is Angelo THE bad boy but he will be your ULTIMATE book boyfriend. Emerson wil ...more
Megan
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Things I LOVED about this book: EVERYTHING! I have been a huge fan of Addison Jane from day one and have been anxiously awaiting the Depalma Family Series and Oh Man!! She did not disappoint!!!
I cannot tell you how annoyed I get with characters that need saving all the time and never stand up for themselves. Don't get me wrong this book definitely had all the Alpha Male goodness but with Angelo and Emerson the saving went both ways (Thank you Addison!) He was supportive but forced her to stand o
Vanessa
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
What do you do when a book leaves you all discombobulated? That is the exact question I asked throughout this entire book. At times leaving me breathless. Anxiously anticipating the next word, sentence, paragraph, page and chapter.

All Emerson wants to do is to please her family. While trying to find a way to liver her dream. But on one fateful night the world she has become used to comes crashing down around her. Leaving her wondering which way was up and which way was down. She has never known
Book Fancy
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Can I just say how much I love Addison Jane and her books?! Like seriously, this girl can write! I had been waiting on Angelo's story ever since we got snippets of him in a previous book of hers. And I am so happy to say I finally got my hands on his story, and it did not disappoint!

Angelo is deadly, alpha, dark, mysterious, and is respected by those who work for him. Just my type of book boyfriend material and everything Emerson should not want.
Lisa Mcintire
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Chasidy
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Addison Jane and I LOVED it!!
I am a sucker for a mafia romance and this one did not disappoint. Angelo...sigh. He protects those he loves fiercely. Emmerson is trying to overcome recent tragedies and learning of family secrets that have been buried all her life. Will she be able to overcome all the events that are to come? What happens when you find love in the most unexpected places?

I loved When Angela Seek Chaos!! The storyline kept me on edge the entire story. I cou
Crystal
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Angels Seek Chaos is a intense, excitng mafia story. It kepted me captivated from start to finish. The plot was well thought out and had a few surprise twists. The characters were well developed and likeable. Highly entertaining read!
Dalya Mamadou
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You know when you read a book blurb and are intrigue with no idea what to expect. And then read the book and he just blow you mind? That is exactly what happen with this book for me. I just put this author on my list "for more".
Patricia behrens
Woah

Holy crap, I abso-freaking-lutely loved this book. I can't wait for the next book in this series. Wow, just wow. Addison Jane writes an amazing story every time.
WendyW ~ Girls Just Wanna Have Books
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: august
This book is phenomenal!! Why have I not found this author sooner?? Her writing is high quality and she has captured the true essence of a mafia story. Her character building is exceptional and the storyline is first-class. When Angels Seek Chaos is a relentless, take-no-prisoners read!!

I get so giddy when I get to read a true authentic mafia read, and this did not disappoint. There was no grazing over the danger and perilous situations. The author lays it out and presents it to the reader like
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This had me from the very beginning... tons of suspense/action, my favorite kind of lead in a sinfully sexy Alpha male, with a female who had every reason to be a massive puddle on the page, yet the Author wrote her with strength and sass.

"She was the perfect combination of confidence and innocence. An angel seeking chaos."

An absolute thrill ride that isn't for the weak of heart, they had unbelievable, magnetic attraction that just leaped off the page, yet the snarky banter was so much fun to r
Books and Boys Book Blog
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided by the author for an honest review***

From an International Bestselling author Addison Jane comes her latest release When Angels Seek Chaos, delivering a 100% authentic dark mafia romance with twists & turns, secrets that will leave you gasping and mind blowing endings that will have you asking “When’s the next book?”

Pain. Anger. Passion. Adrenaline. All are felt leaping off the pages while reading this tale. Angelo is a respected member of the Depalma Family, he’s not just t
Stefanie Kral
✯✯5 Angelo Bright Stars!!!✯✯

Addison Jane continues to blow me away. Every book that I read of hers I fall a little bit harder. This might be the first book in her new series. But, Anthony DePalma has been around in Addison's world for awhile now and I'm glad she's giving Anthony and his family a series of their own.

Angelo's life didn't start off good. He was looking at a life of pain and nothing you'd ever want. Then, Anthony DePalma walked into his life and gave him a choice. Anthony took A
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Addison Jane is a born and bred kiwi girl with a passion for romance and writing.
When she gets the chance she enjoys the little things in life such as reading, dancing, music, and Facebook, but her world really revolves around the little girl who calls her Mum. It's an awkward balance between alpha males and Disney princesses but it works.
Growing up on a small farm next to the beach will always ma
More about Addison Jane...

“I wondered if I’d pushed him too far, and the thought that he was angry with me drove me crazy, and I’d tossed and turned the whole night, wondering whether I’d ruined everything.” 0 likes