Start by marking “Mata Hari: The Controversial Life and Legacy of World War I’s Most Famous Spy” as Want to Read:
Mata Hari: The Controversial Life and Legacy of World War I’s Most Famous Spy

Mata Hari: The Controversial Life and Legacy of World War I’s Most Famous Spy

*Includes pictures
*Includes Mata Hari's quotes about her own life
*Includes online resources and a bibliography for further reading
*Includes a table of contents

“I am a woman who enjoys herself very much; sometimes I lose, sometimes I win.” – Mata Hari

Margeretha Geertruida Zelle, better known to history by the exotic, glamorous name of Mata Hari, was a woman who profite
Published October 8th 2016 by Charles River Editors

To ask other readers questions about Mata Hari, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mata Hari

Montzalee Wittmann
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love these informative books

I really didn't know the full story of Mata Hari, strange as that seems. I knew of an old movie with a beautiful dancing lady but that's the limit of my knowledge. This sure corrected that! What an a strange life and lifestyle. What a unfortunate time to live in many ways. She was something else! Definitely beautiful! Such a sad thing to be accused of being a spy when all they wanted was a scapegoat! Good book!
Lisa Cleveland
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mata Hari. I've admired and despised this woman for a very long time. She was an extremely selfish and self centered woman. Yet, she lived life on her own terms. I don't believe she was a spy, and I'm very interested in what information comes out in 2017. This was a woman who became accustomed at a young age to fancies, and frivolity. She lost that, and really just became an expensive ho. Sounds funny, but it's true. I still have mad respect for this woman. She created for herself a kind of lege ...more
Richard
Oct 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
As part of my intention to read around issues from the Great War I took advantage of these free book.
Mata Hari is one of those historical figures you feel you know but know very little about in terms of biography. This book certainly covers her life story and untimely execution as a wartime 'spy'.
One of the interesting aspects of the short book is that it contains photos and quotes from the time. There are also details of a potential suppression of information and her final letters not being del
Rachel
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick read, took me about an hour. Includes quotes from a variety of sources as well as numerous photographs of principle players.
Alice Tapfield
Apr 06, 2018
Brandi
Jul 19, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Charles River Editors is an independent publisher of thousands of ebooks on Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and Apple iBookstore & provider of original content for third parties.