Start by marking “Blood of the Sixth” as Want to Read:

Read Book

Blood of the Sixth

Allie Kent catches a glimpse of the first victim: a corpse with its organs,
Published October 9th 2016 by K. R, Rowe

To ask other readers questions about Blood of the Sixth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood of the Sixth

Start your review of Blood of the Sixth
Teri
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been a horror fan since third grade when I read my first 'age appropriate' horror book - then moved on to Stephen King and others soon after, craving more than the 'appropriate' books could provide. Blood of the Sixth is most definitely a horror novel with some cringe-worthy moments - but if you're not a fan of the genre, don't let that keep you from giving this a try, because there's also a sweet romance between some intriguing characters.

Whether it's an eerie, haunting scene guaranteed to
Jon Cardwell
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
“Dark, cold and hard on the nose; sounds a lot like my ex-wife.” —Detective Rush, Blood of the Sixth, Chapter 5

To a disinterested third party like Detective Rush, Allie, the main character in Blood of the Sixth, might seem cold and aloof, but to Phillip Chambers, there was more to Allie than the detective’s flippant observation.

K. R. Rowe presents her story with a tempo and cadence which reminds me of a shooting script for a film (albeit, there was much more dialogue than you would see in a
Sage Adderley-Knox
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can read horror novels all day. I absolutely love them. This was a quick read that packed a suspenseful punch. I think my favorite character was Detective Phillip Chambers. He isn't your typical macho cop character - thank you for that, K.R. Rowe! He was an emotional guy who fell for a quirky girl, Allie. Allie is in the middle of some weird paranormal stuff.

This story had the ideal blend of horror, thrills, gore, and wit. I loved the spooky spellwork and enjoyed the dark humor of the scary
P.K. Vandcast
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
"The air thickened with the scent of dust, but the clear night sky held no hint of debris. He took a few whiffs, attempting to identify the odor. The smell was distinct, not sharp or pungent, containing something more than dust: a bouquet of death— old death. Tim coughed, trying to clear the stench from his throat but the odor only intensified." Chapter 2, "The Run"

While the insidious evil lurking in the streets of Port Bella Rosa, Louisiana sucks the life from its victims, author Rowe draws us
Jessica Bronder
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An ancient demon has awakened and is starting to kill humans. Allie Kent has her own demons to deal with but stumbles upon the first body. Detective Phillip Chambers is investigating the deaths but soon realizes that the killer is not human. Phillip is trying to protect Allie but she is going to have to go to battle herself to stop the demon.

This is a great story filled with lots of action and a great bad guy. Allie is kind of off from most people but that is what makes her special, I could help
Phil Price
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this book after spotting the snappy cover online. It tells a story of an ancient evil, consuming humans in the vibrant town of Port Bella Rosa. A young woman becomes embroiled in the hideous goings on, which threatens to engulf her.
This is not a long book. Nor is it too short. The length was perfect for me. What the book does, is pack one hell of a punch. The author paints a wonderful picture of the surroundings, giving it an almost Mardi Gras feel. But when the sun goes down it
nora m malotte
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blood of the Sixth

This Supernatural thriller is intriguing, in that you never believe ghosts you certainly don't believe in DEAD GHOSTS. The dead co back with help from an old crone hopeing to bring back the love of her life. But sh is over 10 years old now. Can she do t or is she killing innocent people for nothing. You will enjoy this scary plot and start watching Shadows. I Recommend.
Olga Miret
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A gothic Southern tale that will scare and delight I write this review as a member of Rosie’s Books Review Team and I was provided with an ARC copy of the book.
I enjoy horror books (and movies) although I don’t read exclusively in that genre. I must admit that perhaps I’m more lenient with horror books than I’d be with others. If they manage to scare me, I’m usually happy. As happens with comedy, where it’s very difficult to make people laugh, it’s not that easy to scare people (or at least
Dylan
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the quaint Southern town of Port Bella Rosa, something sinister lurks beneath the cobblestones. When hunger stirs a centuries-old evil, a demon awakens, releasing its hunters in search of prey. Jackals swarm from the mist, seeking out quarry, sating their master with offerings of human flesh. ~ From the book blurb.

From the opening chapter to the final death, Blood of the Sixth, by K. R. Rowe, is an absolute blast. Crafted on the foundations of a solid plot, gory deaths sprinkled with
Lee Hall
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A slow burning tale that twists into the deep shadowy darkness of the unexpected...

There's a lot going on under the surface of this story which sits within the realms of gritty urban horror, mystery and witchcraft. Blood of the Sixth has a complex interwoven plot which is delivered in a way that makes it an easy to follow read; something I imagine the author has worked tremendously hard to achieve. The whole layout of the book from short sharp chapter length, to characters all the way to
Daniel Stainback
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Not bad. Nothing bothers me more than over describing things, but so much happened in this one area it could have used a little more world building. Also not to nitpick, but if you write about an action or the audience learns about something through a story told by a set of characters, you don't then turn around and have the characters explain it all over again to another character.
emily
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blood of the Sixth is so vivid! It was like being inside of the movie! The gore is so intense and as a horror fan, it was awesome! I felt like I was next to Allie as she kicked you know what. The book was seriously so detailed and in depth for only 150 pages or so. I love that, it makes shorter books so much more fun to read.

Nowadays I feel like you can't get a good horror book they're either too hopen ended or just too complex. So I love that this whole book was based on a demon-butt-kicker
Weishubuduo
Oct 24, 2016
Emiko
Jun 14, 2017
K.R. Rowe
Oct 09, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shanna Crones
Kristin
Rochelle Webb
D
Oct 17, 2016
K. R. Rowe spent her childhood in Chattanooga, TN and still resides there today. Her father was born and raised near Tellico Plains, in the heart of Tennessee’s tract of the Appalachian Mountains. With her mother’s South Carolina heritage, her southern roots run deep. From a very young age, her overpowering love of the mountains continues to draw her to them. When not tied to her desk, her free ...more