Start by marking “Tonic” as Want to Read:
Tonic

Tonic

Joel Anderson doesn't take anything seriously.

Not his relationships, which have been few and far between since his brutal divorce. Not the drama of working in a tattoo parlor, which seems to be around every corner. When things get him down, he smiles and cracks a joke. But he's not the kind of man you cross, or you'll find yourself at the wrong end of his fists.

Annika Belo
Published October 13th 2016 by Promise Socks Publishing

Sophie
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You know? I always find it hard to review good books. The books that pull at you, elicit the biggest emotions, the books that leave you in the happiest place - bookworm heaven. THOSE kind of books are the absolute hardest to review. It’s no secret that I am a huge Hart fan. It’s no secret that with each book Hart releases my love for her gets stronger. Know why? Because Hart has a distinctive way of telling stories. Hart tells stories that are full of emotion and realism, character and connectio ...more
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it

description

Having never read a Staci Hart book before, I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started this. But since I love a tattooed, bearded men I couldn’t resist the temptation, especially since the cover it’s so damn pretty. 'Tonic’ was really entertaining and to be honest, so much better than I had expected. An opposites attract story, Mrs. Hart’s newest release was romantic, passionate, sexy and overall a pretty light read.

“That guy. That hairy fucking guy. That hairy fucking guy with those stupid
Christy
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!!

photo 4636D9C9-4F25-4EAC-ABAB-203942383789_zpspetaa17d.png
“Heads and hearts are connected by threads impossible to cut completely.”
Tonic is my first Staci Hart book, and now that I’ve read it, I want to stop what I’m doing and go back and read her others. I absolutely loved this story! It gave me just enough feels, plenty of laughter, snark and heart.

Tonic is a tattoo shop owned by Joel Anderson and his brother, Shep. After much convincing, Shep talks his brother into staring in a reality show featuring the shop. It’s not something Jo
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 8d9e0ea296e93f94ef88610ffd1e17 1_zps4hrnr6mr.gif

On this literary canvas aptly titled, Tonic, Staci Hart has officially inked and tattooed her characters and words into our hearts. Tonic is often associated with a drink that is used to invigorate and uplift and Staci Hart did just that with this literary masterpiece that was brimming with heart, friendship, family, sacrifices, and love.

#Tonic

Like a fine needle that is used in a tattoo gun, Staci Hart delivers a story that was precise and fine
Lisa Jayne
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
FOUR UBLYUDOK AND PRINCESS STARS.

"Heads and hearts are connected by threads impossible to cut completely."

description

This author is my Tonic. Readers alike talk about loving books, having that escape, wanting to jump into a make believe reality that allows them to experience another world and that's exactly what this author provides. Talk about anticipated release, I've been dreaming, waiting, anxiously dying for this book since I got wind that it would be Hart's next release and I won't even talk abo
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4.5 Stars

Why haven't I read a book by Staci Hart before? This was my first book and I devoured it! Loved the writing and the story was lovely!Tonic was a sweet story with the perfect amount of angst,funny and swoon worthy moments!

description

Both characters were fantastic. Firstly Joel the hero who was protective, alpha, sweet, smart, funny and super hot! And secondly Annika ,I loved her from the beginning! She was stubborn yet strong and badass! Together they had an amazing chemistry! Hot, intense and a l
Natalie The Biblioholic
When it's a first read for me of a particular author, I like to share the news with everyone. THIS IS MY FIRST READ FROM THIS AUTHOR! And I liked it LOL! I think it was the author's wonderful use of metaphors that ultimately won me over. Or not. I just loved the idea of Joel's fire melting Annika's ice.

I love the push and pull of new and irresistible chemistry and this book had that in spades. Joel had no problem admitting to what he wanted. It was a matter of getting Annika on board and for her
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

GENRE: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
CHAPTERS: 31 | Epilogue
RELEASE DATE: 13TH October, 2016

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TONIC: This is Joel and Annika’s story and wow what a steamy hot story it is, spoken in 'Dual Perspectives' Their first introduction doesn't go down too well, the 'Hairy Man' and the 'Ice Queen' which is setting us up for an explosive read.

With Joel's parents passing years ago, everything they had was passed over to Joel and Shep, allowing them to start their own business, hence
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
***3 STARS***

I was super excited to read this book because the reviews were wonderful but - I'm wasn't a huge fan of the book. What killed me was Joel's POV...why? Because men don't have conversations like the ones he carries on with his male friends and his brother. It felt more like a female conversation.

I love to read books from multiple POV but I need them to be realistic to some degree.

Joel was also a little bit to sensitive for me. Without giving any spoilers let's just say his reason for
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
★★★3.5 Hairy Stars★★★

photo 1476034782853_zpsffjrnxbe.jpg

They say opposites attract and those words have never been more true about Joel and Annika. A tatted up cocky hero that knows what he wants and a ice queen herione that prides herself in putting fear into the male population. But when these two get together, it's about to be an entire set of new rules.

Joel Anderson has worked hard for the past seventeen years making his tattoo shop into a successful business. He loves his job, seeing a client's expression on their face the
Staci Hart
Sep 26, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Release Date: Oct 13

photo tonic-wrap_zps688oemtv.jpg

photo cover-reveal-steinhart_zpsz2w5meto.jpg
Jeannine Allison
First things first, I loooove (*googly eyes*) when the cover matches the story. It makes me a happy camper!! :D Because for some reason this doesn't always happen (and it drives me batshit crazy), so I'm glad that wasn't the case here.

description

And the fact that he's bearded and tattooed certainly doesn't hurt ;) But seriously, I love how perfectly this cover portrayed the characters within.

This is my second book by Staci Hart. The first one I read (Wasted Words) was so-so for me, but I definitely knew I
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 3.5 Stars *****

description

I'm in the minority. I didn't love this book. For me... it was just so-so.

The story begins with a negotiation for a show. A reality show about a tattoo shop. The owner of the shop instantly feels attracted to the executive producer. But she pushes the attraction as much as possible because her job comes first.

It goes on and on about how she's like an ice princess.

Like Elsa.

description

Even though there were some steamy romantic scenes, nothing in this story really caught my attention.
Jayme
This book has such a cool vibrations. The very blurb promises a lot of fun, I was excited to start it, and wasn't disappointed. To that, the cover just screams: read me!

About the plot: Joel Anderson and his brother are owners of the biggest parlor on the West Side. He agrees to film TV show about their shop, Tonic, by a big network, but he isn't enthusiastic about it. His mood improved when he meets executive producer ant the show runner Annika Belousov.

“She was all eyes and lips and a story I
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4 “Hairy” “zvezda moya” Kisses

I am pretty much addicted to Staci Hart’s books. I absolutely adore her characters, the angst is off the charts fantastic and don’t even get me started on the writing – witty, sexy and smart with creative plots that keep me on my toes. Clearly…I’m hooked. And Tonic was no exception – I mean, seriously, that cover and the blurb alone had me itching to read but when I realized it involves a character that I remember previously fr
Dilek VT
This was an OK read for me during which I sometimes got bored and sometimes got frustrated. Hence, it is kind of 2,5 for me, max 3...

This is the story of Joel and Annika, a tattoo artist and a reality television producer. Two different worlds, two different people.

Annika is a Russian girl living in America with her family. She is successful in her career and she is a person who doesn’t take anything lightly. She is 25 years old.

Joel is a 38-year old guy, who married once and after 5 years of mar
5 Ink-&-Milk Stars!!!!

My heart! Staci, what have you done with my heart?! And my cheeks…..I’m going to need my cheeks back because they have melted off my face with all of the smiling. I’m just a pile of goop.

à la Mode St. » fashion

…his dark skin against my white, the ink of him against the cream of me, the marked and the blank…

à la Mode St. » fashion

Staci….effing…..Hart. Where have you been all my life?! This is my first Staci Hart book, and I am never looking back. I will be purchasing this gorgeous paperback and keeping it on my b
Chanelle
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, funny-funny
Annika is known for being a bit of an ice queen, but she wasn't always that way. Being in her chosen line of work has hardened her heart in more ways than she thought. But that ice may just start melting when she's set to become the executive producer on a reality tv show about Joel's tattoo shop, Tonic. Joel's got a loyal crew and a huge amount of hesitation about subjecting them all to the public eye. However, his first encounter with Annika has him warming up to the idea.

"But that hasn’t st
Liv ☾
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
3 STARS!

☾Not giving a full review on this, but it was a fast read! I'm not into books like this...I thought I was. Nothing wrong with the book, just my own preferences.
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

I was excited for Tonic mainly because of Joel – he was so intriguing in Wasted Words, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on his story. It wasn’t quite what I expected though – I didn’t love Tonic or hate it. It was very meh for me, to be honest, and I just wasn’t feeling the romance or story at all. The romance was too superficial and not fleshed out enough for me, and the story dragged too much. That being said, it’s not a bad book. I’d say if you’ve been a
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
IT'S LIVE!!!! http://amzn.to/2dEtzYI

4 "Ink & Milk" Stars.

When the ice queen meets a hairy fucking guy…

Colder than a white walker, Annika Belousov is a girl who takes everything seriously. Her job, her family and her “safe” love life. But behind that wall of ice hides a vulnerable girl who is just trying to protect herself.

Annika lives to work so when she’s tapped to produce a new reality show, she is game. But the second she meets Joel, her walls crack. STOP RIGHT THERE. It’s not what you
Kandi Steiner
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Staci Hart is the queen of romantic comedy, and it doesn't look like she's stepping down from that throne anytime soon. Tonic is romantic comedy gold. No, PLATINUM. Staci Hart will tattoo her phenomenal words on your heart forever.

I don't even know where to begin. Truly, I don't. Because I had the immense pleasure of being able to watch this book be born from one word to more than 90,000 and every single one is so well-crafted, it's almost sick.

Joel i
Beneath The Covers Blog
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, sonal, 2016-reads
This book!! THIS GODDAMN BOOK!!!

For Joel, relationship don't hold much meaning. After a bad experience, he's sworn off anything serious. Then Annika comes into his life and all his notions of love are turned around. But nothing is easy enough. His life is about to be a Reality Show and Annika is the producer.

Annika's job is to manipulate people and making sure the success of her show. She takes everything in life seriously. She hates Joel's easy confidence and his flirting drives her mad. As
Amy Daws
Reality TV setting...
Hot, scandalous rendezvous...
Deep, soul-crushing angst...
Frozen karaoke...

Guys. You need this book in your life. This is forbidden romance/enemies to lovers/fricken epic!!! This is my favorite Hart novel to date!!!! 5 Brilliantly Fantastic stars!!!! Add it to your TBRs right the heck now!
Shayna
 photo TOP PICK 2016.png

Pardon my language but I need to shout this from the rooftops! TONIC by Staci Hart was fucking SPECTACULAR!!! Staci always leave me in awe with her romances! Her characters, the flirtatious and comedic banter, the HOT incredible love scenes! My GOD, this was SO SO SO good! The second I flipped the last page, I wanted to read it all over again!

Joel Anderson, I freaking ADORED him right off the bat! His no bullshit demeanor had me craving more from him instantly. The loyalty he had to his TONIC f
Mandy
LOVED this book! Sexy Joel with his tattoos and love of reading and Annika with her icy disposition until you get to know her. Loved the chemistry between these two and the super steamy scenes. The only tiny complaint is that I wish the epilogue was a little further in the future.
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-arc
☆☆☆☆4.0 "Zvezda Moya" STARS!!!☆☆☆☆

“My star. She is moonlight, starlight, the light in the dark. She is my hope. She is what I leave behind.” I found myself unable to speak. “But she burns hot. It is not always easy. I know this. But her light is good and true. Her light is worth getting burned to hold."

Tonic is one of those books I am so excited to read. With the buzz going on about a Bestie Release, I am curious as to how it will turn out and at the same time interested as to what the book is
TheresaDK
Jul 25, 2017 marked it as on-hold-tbc
Not really feeling the premise of this story.. I think it's a matter of timing, so gonna put this one on hold..
Carlene Inspired
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Joel Anderson doesn't take things seriously unless he's angry. His tattoo shop runs smoothly, his life is easy, he takes what he wants, and things tend to go his way. That is, until Annika Belousov shows up with her fancy clothes and her cameras. Annika takes everything seriously, from her family to her love life, but especially her job as a reality TV producer that's going to share the inside scoop on Joel's shop. He wants to find the girl behind th
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Oct 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
2.5-3 stars *unpopular opinion alert*

Tonic is Staci Hart's latest standalone. It's a spin-off of her Bad Habits series. A few characters interconnect, but it won't hurt to read it by itself.

Annika Belusov is a first generation Russian-American. She's married to her job and would do anything for her family. She's goal-oriented and has no time for relationships. Once she meets Joel Anderson, that all changes

Joel is the owner of the Tonic tattoo shop in New York City. He's been in the business for
Romance Readers R...: June Buddy Read - Tonic (Kelsey, Samantha (Private Profile)) 43 25 Jun 08, 2018 09:52AM
Blogger events for Tonic 1 5 Aug 19, 2016 09:54PM
Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life: a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can’t forget that. She’s also been a mom to three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She’s been a wife, even though she’s certainly not the cleanest, or the best cook. She’s also super, duper fun at a party, espe ...more
“She touched my back as she slipped past me, a simple gesture, one that probably meant nothing, but I felt it, felt her through the pads of her fingertips, through the cotton of my shirt. I’d never thought that chemistry between two people could be tangible.” 2 likes
“I know what I said hurt you. That was why I said it. I wanted to hurt you like you hurt me.” 1 likes