Start by marking “The Reaper's Mate” as Want to Read:
The Reaper's Mate

The Reaper's Mate

This job. Boring is too colorful a word for it. I’ve been escorting humans to the afterlife for millennia. I’m over it. But when you’re the son of the two greatest reapers of all time, reaping is in your blood. My latest appointment is with one Annabelle Lyric, a twenty-eight year old New Orleans party planner. Snoozefest. But there is one bonus to this assignment: it’s Ha ...more
Published October 8th 2016 by Celia Aaron

To ask other readers questions about The Reaper's Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reaper's Mate

warhawke
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of those who shouldn't be loved lol!
Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance
Type: Standalone novella
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Mathieu (Matt) has been a grim reaper for eons. Too long that it had become a mundane routine. But his latest assignment proved to be the hardest one yet.

Annabelle Lyric had no idea her time was quickly running out. When a mysterious stranger offered help in time of need, she didn't think much of it. Until she found out she was his fated mate and he would do anything for them to stay together.

I don't read a l
Elizabeth
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
“She's my mate, but she's fated to die.”
description

The Reaper's Mate is the perfect treat to get you in the mood for some Halloween lovin'! This smoking hot paranormal novella is full of passion, fantastic characters, and some serious dirty talking!

“Ride me, angel."
Mathieu is a reaper. He spends his life ushering souls to the afterlife when their time on earth is up. He has never struggled with the task until he meets his next target. When he sets his sights on Annabelle, he realizes that she is his ma
Sophia Triad
Just because everybody needs some loving and even the Grim Reaper can fall in love…

The first impression always counts.

When Mathieu really paid attention to Annabelle:
My hands drop, and body my stills. Annabelle’s aura blinds me for a moment. When my eyes finally adjust, I see an angel.

When Annabelle saw Mathieu for the first time:
In his black robes, he looks almost ethereal, as if Halloween is his night and everyone else is pretending.

Yes, This is a book about the Death himself who finally finds
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it

I love a hero who has no sense of personal space when it comes to his woman and can scare anyone away with just a look.

Just a shame it was so short.
Alp

A very nice paranormal romance story.

Honestly, I didn’t expect anything spectacular from this book given that it was a short story. But much to my surprise, I ended up liking it a lot! It was such a pleasant read. The characters were likeable and the pace was fast. There was also a nice plot twist that left me wanting more!

Mathieu was a reaper who was ordered to take Annabelle’s soul on Halloween night. He went straight to the party where his target was. But when he saw her, he felt a burning se
Snow

4.75 "total possession" stars

This fantasy novella was stunningly delicious.

Fast paced tempo of storytelling didnt rip off the sense of meaningful or substantial, the storyline holds all fronts of imaginative walls of a fantasy fable.

In fact it was quite fulfilling in romance, exchangable sweet/dirty talk and a total submission to true passion.
Total possession.
I've given him my utter submission,
and more than that, my heart.
He is everything to me.
The reaper's mate.

Short, sexy dominance...a
Elle
3.5* Don't fear the reaper STARS!

description

My first time read a reaper story. Really? Yeah, I only know reaper in tv version in Supernatural and he is not attractive! He's an old man. But Celia Aaron gave us beautiful story for this Halloween. This isn't your kind of paranormal romance since it is a short story with non-drama conflicts.
“I’ve never actually gotten your name.”
“Mathieu Tobias Gindriel Halcyon Scythian.”
“Okay, let’s go with Matt.”

I must say this story was really over-the-top but hey, this
Deborah
Oct 16, 2016 rated it liked it

Great little read.

Mathieu Tobias Gindriel Halcyon Scythian is a reaper and has been for a millennia but tonight is Halloween and he's going to enjoy the time he's got before the reaping.
His target is twenty-eight year old party planner Annabelle and her glow is evident across the room but as he gets closer he notices something else, she's his mate, after all this time he's finally found his mate and she's human and due to die tonight.
What's a reaper to do?
I really enjoyed this book, it's short
Claire Robinson
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 - "I’ll die before I let you go." Stars!

ITs LIVE!

Amazon US : http://amzn.to/2dCT5Oc
Amazon UK : http://amzn.to/2dL2XS9
Amazon CA : http://amzn.to/2dCT64O
Amazon AU : http://amzn.to/2dodqS7

Reapers Mate is only the second novella I have read by Celia Aaron, but like it’s predecessor it was a really enjoyable, albeit quick read.

Annabelle Lyric, aspiring party planner, is a little shocked at the connection that immediately pulls her towards Mathieu Scythian, dressed as a Grim Reaper at the Hallowee
Gi's Spot Reviews
4.25 Stars

I freakin' LOVED this one!!! Who knew reapers could be this Deliciously HOT???!!! It was so good I would have given it the full 5 Smutty Stars if not for the ending. I know that this was a HEA on its own, but I wanted more of their future! *cue pouting*
<3 <3 <3 <3
CC
4.5 Stars

description

The setting is a Halloween party in the French Quarter, New Orleans. Mathieu Scythian is an immortal reaper tasked with taking the soul from his latest assignment’s demise. While trying to mingle with the humans playing dress up, Mathieu spots her and knows immediately that completing his job will be impossible due to a conflict.

“She's my mate, but she's fated to die.”

Annabelle Lyric is the party planner for the night’s event. Fluttering around checking all the details, she is compl
⊱ Poppy ⊰
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone who'll listen.
Wow .. what did i just read???

I have never give a Novella 4 stars, but this one deserves it. SO MUCH!!

This was such a refreshing read, i have never ever read something like this in my life.

A Grim Reaper and a Human, whom he is assigned to kill!!

and guess what??

She is his mate, his soul-mate.

So, now how can he let her get killed and then take her soul away, which belonged to him??

If he denied his duties, then he'll be mortalized and be thrown form his duties of a grim-reaper.

The decision is diffi
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
Loved this hero.
The way he was with the heroine.
The way he protected her against another reaper.
HFN ending with no babies. I'm sad about that..
No OW/OM drama.
Denna✌
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hot, short and safe! A perfect little treat for Halloween
Janie
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved this novella. This would've been amazing as a full length novel. I would've loved to have more of these two.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'The Reaper's Mate' by Celia Aaron is the story of Annabelle and Mathieu.
Mathieu is a reaper come to take Annabelle at midnight but once he sees her he knows he can't do it as she is his mate. Annabelle is a party planner for the Halloween party and is finding 'Matt' really hot but he seems a little strange. We how their story plays out and what happens when Mathieu can't do what he has come to do in his reaper job. This was a really quick easy hot read!
"My honest review is for a special copy
Timitra
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Reaper's Mate is a quick and filthy read that I quite enjoyed. I loved how big, burly, alpha and possessive the hero was. I admit I swooned and dreamy sighed over the hero but I also loved how feisty the heroine was. She was the perfect match for the hero.

If you're in the mood for a quick, dirty paranormal read look no further this book will satisfy that need.

ARC provided by author in exchange for a honest review
♡Tonya♡
Short and hot, Reaper's Mate was a great little Halloween read. I agree with other reviews that it would have made a great full length book. Safe from cheating or ow/om drama. Neither were virgins. The majority of the story was the course of one night. It had no epilogue and a HFN ending. If it wasn't for that, I would have given in 5 stars.
Barbara➰
Everything I love in a mate story. It would have been a 5 star read for me if it was longer.
Diksha
Hot af :3,
I always love reading about human heroine/paranormal hero :D
If only it had an epilogue :s but it was still very good <3
Mercedes
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mathieu Scythian, or Matt for short, is a reaper who’s next soul-to-be-claimed is at a Halloween party in New Orleans. Matt heads there with hopes of playing with the humans a bit before getting down to business and claiming another soul for the afterlife. Matt’s always been dedicated to his job as a reaper but when Matt finally catches a glimpse of his angelic target his flawless record is in serious jeopardy.
Annabelle Lyric was in the midst of throwing a huge Halloween bash when she meets t
Sybil aka Lala
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In anything written by Dickens,
It’s certain the plot always thickens;
With characters, themes
And digressions it teems
but the sex mighty slim pickin’s.

Though convoluted plots are true for Ms Aaron
You’ll find more snatches out for an airin’
many a dickens thickened for prickin’
and both of those eager for lickin’

Her story is ‘bout one of many Halloweens
This one staged in New Orleans
A man stalked a woman but he wasn’t a creeper
instead the hulk was the grim reaper

With his scythe being set to collect An
Carlene Inspired
4.5 Stars

Mathieu is a reaper, Annabelle is a party planner. Mathieu and Annabelle's connection is fated, her time is up, but the draw between them is too strong for Mathieu to ignore. The mortal woman is his mate and Matheiu must consider breaking his reaper vows for the woman he wants to devour.

I know, I'm just as shocked as you at this rating, but once you get into the idea of it being an erotic fantasy it is easy to ignore the improbability of the events and just enjoy the dirty smut that Ce
CC
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, safe-for-me
This was a cute short story. I really liked the MCs and was thrilled with the insta-mate thing going on. That being said, I feel the author got herself into a quandary about how to resolve the plot since it was so final. I did not like that he was kept in the dark and suffering. I did not love the resolution. Girl power and all that, but it just did not work great for me.
Julia
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.7 - everything to me - stars

" The heat we share could put the sun to shame"

The Reaper's Mate by Celia Aaron is a short sexy paranormal story. It tells the story of Mathieu and Annabelle . A reaper and a party planner. Am immortal and simple human. A man and his mate.

" I should take my time with her, but my soul aches to embrace hers. Denying myself any longer is torture; I've waited eons for Annabelle. "

The moment Mat see Annabelle he knows she's his mate and he will do everythi
Mirjam
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal

We're bound. I'm your fated mate.

Mathieu (Matt) Scythian, eons old, is a reaper who is sent to claim Annabelle Lyric, a party planner of 28 years. When Matt meets Annabelle her mark burns into his skin around his heart area and Matt realises that he has met his mate. The one whose soul he is suppose to claim.

When Annabelle meets Matt, she is unconsciously drawn to him.
My nipples harden and tingle, and I wonder if I've somehow been roofied, though I haven't had a drink all night. It doesn't mak
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

“She’s my mate, but she’s fated to die before the night is out.
~Mathieu

I know I said I didn’t want to sign up for new books especially if they’re about to get release fast enough that I can have them, but I can’t just pass this one up. Because the hero is a reaper of soul, and angel of death, a Shinigami.

I have read some and been fascinated of them. They work on a different culture and constraints compared to other paranormal beings. Moreover, I am obsessed with Death, not the passing of li
Nawal
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
Celia Aaron is a brilliant writer! This is my first solo book of hers and I really enjoyed reading it. I’m not much of a novella person but heck if I didn’t love this. This is also my first in the sense that it’s my first paranormal erotica I have read. I’ve always been wary of them as I can’t imagine paranormal being anything other than YA, but Celia has definitely done a good job of changing my opinion of this genre.

This story is set in New Orleans (swoon) around Halloween time (swoon again).
Maddy's Reading
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
*~*~*~*ARC generously provided by the Author in exchange for an honest review *~*~*~*
There is a Reaper. There is a party planner.
She is his soulmate. He has to reap her soul.

She's my mate, but she's fated to die before the night is out

This short read had the perfect kind of protective, sexy, dark alpha who falls for the girl he has to kill. Annabelle is a curvy, badass party planner who suddenly meets this tall, dark and handsome guy at the Halloween party she is organizing. He helps her out in
Alba M.
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
NOOOOOOOO! Quiero más! Más más más maaaaaaaas de Matt!!!!
Me ha recordado muchísimo a la saga Existence de Abbi Glines y nuestro querido Dank...
Solo que este libro ha sido tan tremendamente corto y yo solo quiero más jolines amo este tipo de historias y tan sexy y caliente la historia ❤❤❤❤❤ jo me habéis dejado vacía 😢
Muy recomendada!
  • Clinging to Rapture (Rapture, #2)
  • Breaking Gravity (Fall Back, #2)
  • Hallows Gate
  • Play Dirty (Play Dirty #1)
  • Body of The Crime (Blackest Gold, #2)
  • To Wed the Fae Prince
  • Her Men
  • Holiday Ties (Elite Doms of Washington)
  • Amaranthine
  • Hung
  • His Indecent Lessons 2 (His Indecent Lessons, #2)
  • Elah's Plaything (Playthings #3)
  • If
  • The Big Book of Berenstain Bears Beginner Books
  • Queen of Hearts (Jayne #2)
  • The Bad Luck Bride (The Brides of St. Ives #1)
  • The Matriarch: An Erotic Superhero Romance (The Matriarch Trilogy, #1)
  • Sins of a Bad Boy
Celia Aaron is a recovering attorney who loves romance and erotic fiction. Dark to light, angsty to funny, real to fantasy—if it’s hot and strikes her fancy, she writes it. Thanks for reading.

Sign up for my newsletter at celiaaaron.com to get information on new releases. (I would never spam you or sell your info, just send you book news and goodies sometimes). ;)

You can find me on: