Start by marking “Uncaged Wallflower” as Want to Read:
Uncaged Wallflower

Uncaged Wallflower

Uncaged Wallflower is for those who feel trapped in the thoughts their minds produce, unable to express them with the rest of the world out of fear of critique or disagreement. For the people who need an extra dose of positivity in their day. This is not a poetry book for you to read and relate to in a sorrow filled way. It is for you to read and say yes, I can be better, ...more
Published October 6th 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Uncaged Wallflower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncaged Wallflower

Start your review of Uncaged Wallflower
Jessica
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
I received this book for free through a complimentary Pressed Poet box. Pressed Poet is a poetry subscription box.

This collection of poems was so on point. I related to so many of the poems especially since many of them spoke to how my life currently is. I’m at this transition point in my life and a lot of these poems have definitely helped me with my outlook on life. They inspired me to be more bold and to step out of my comfort zone.

description

Some of my favorite poems were, “No More Tomorrow,” “The
Jojo
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, poetry, bleh
Poetry for me, is always a difficult genre to review, as I feel like I'm rating the author's most personal feelings. That aside, I just cannot give this collection more than two stars, as I liked it, but I definitely didn't love it.

I finished this collection earlier on and I'm forgetting about it already. It hasn't had any sort of lasting effect on me, and I feel exactly the same as I did before I read it. The poetry seems like it is coming from the right place, and it obviously has a personal
Gabrielle Berube
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you love poetry, do yourself a favor and pick this up. It was absolutely incredible, beautifully written and meaningful. I am blown away by this beautiful work. The author is incredibly kind as well and took the time to message me regarding my opinion of her book. I look forward to reading more from her in the near future!
Chelsea
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
The author was trying and I appreciate many of the messages the poems were delivering.

But don't go into this thinking it's good poetry. It's bad.

I'm not wanting to be negative, but sometimes you have to say the truth. Lots of people say they want to spread positivity in the book community and not say anything bad and move on if they don't like a book.

Me? That's a disservice to the author and the readers. We MUST have critics. We must share our thoughts for the good and the bad. Some people will
Rachel Nicole Wagner
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
A HUGE shoutout and thank you to Jennae Cecelia for choosing me as the winner of her Instagram giveaway last month of her new poetry book, "Uncaged Wallflower." I received it in the mail a few days ago and I read the entire book last night! I really like the message that Jennae is putting out there about being yourself and not being afraid to chase your dreams! I love your work, girl! Keep writing and chasing your beautiful dreams!

xo,
Rach
Neil (or bleed)
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
We made it my friend.
Now it’s time for your breakthrough.

alice (arctic books)
This one was pretty cute and feminist. However, many of the poems towards the end felt like lectures, telling me to do this, to do that, and while the underlying themes and messages were helpful and definitely something to keep in mind, it wasn't what I expected in terms of a quasi-autobiographical poetry book.

Overall, I love the cover and this poetry collection holds some significantly emotional and pertinent messages for readers in the 21st century. Do pick this one up if you enjoy feminism,
theresa
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it
" No dream is a fantasy until you let yourself settle with the thought that it is. "
Grace
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I like the concept of this collection.
Yes, there were poems I could relate to, however it wasn't necessarily a stand out. I liked a few poems and the message behind them but it hasn't left a long lasting impact on me to be completely honest. Still, wouldn't mind reading more from this author.
Amanda Thompson
Jun 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
I believe in honest reviews and, although it pains me to say, I could not even finish this collection. I purchased it after it was suggested to me as similar to Rupi Kaur and Nayyirah Waheed; I saw high ratings and rave reviews.

In truth, this collection lacks imagination, style, and depth. It could also use help grammatically. Each poem presents a cliché, but completely spells out the message in every poem. To me, there is no poem. The author is simply stating an obvious concept, some of which I
Gretchen Gomez
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, poetry-verse
You can find my full review here with some of the poems I liked =)

I firstly want to thank the author Jennae Cecelia for sending me this book to review. Now let’s get to this short mini review =)

A collection of poems for people who need some positivity in their life. This was definitely a heart warming read with only 63 pages and I would recommend it to people who need motivation and some light.

Uncaged Wallflower discusses themes of being yourself, going after what you want, and being kind to
Karima chermiti
May 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, poetry
Rating and review to come once i wrap up my mind around what i just read. I'll be posting a full review in a day or two to talk about this collection in more depth. but right now i'll leave you with this quote that I absolutely loved:

She grew up thinking strength meant not being vulnerable

Full review now posted

And that’s the thing about people.
You can wrap them up in
kindness & love,
and
they will still have something
cold
to say about you.

I keep thinking a lot about this collection and
Nicole Field
Dec 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
I liked this collection, but I didn't love it.

In this book, I found a pet peeve that I didn't realise I had until reading these poems: full stops that seem (to me) as if they're overused. They make me feel like I need to pause, like I have to pause in my reading, which mostly ruined the flow.

But I've also read a lot of poetry collections that have gaslighting or other abuse narratives strongly woven through them, and this was not one of those. The first half of it especially seemed filled with
Cee-Jay
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves, poetry
Unbelievable words. If you’re having a tough time, a collection of poetry like this might be just what you need to shine a little positive light on yourself
thelovelyshelf
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Uncaged Wallflower so so much!! It's so sweet and meaningful, and just all around lovely. Some of the poems were a more in the simpler side, but the message still came through! If you love poetry, do yourself a favor and check out this book.

A huge thank you to Jennae for sending me a copy!!
✣ Freya Wilkinson ✣
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
"No dream is a fantasy until you let yourself settle with the thought that it is."
Lexie
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry-or-verse
This is the second book in Jennae's poetry collection and while I didn't connect with as many poems as I did in "Bright Minds Empty Souls", I still found a certain level of resonance with the words.

Jennae's theme behind this book was taking negative words and transforming them into positive encouragement. Many of the poems are longer, taking up well over half the page, and this doesn't follow the same narrative path "Bright Minds" seem to.

'Change' (pg. 17) and 'Path' (pg. 26) spoke the loudest
Nicole Craswell
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely little book of poetry. My personal favorite poem was No More Silence, that one just spoke to me the most. This is full of very uplifting reminders to stay positive, love yourself, and spread joy throughout your life, all communicated through pretty words. It's a read for when you need a little bit of cheering up. It's a early spring, flowers are just starting to poke through the rain, kind of read. It's quick, light, and pretty.

Is it the most profound, reach into your heart
Jay
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Once again Jennea Cecilia has managed to create a book of poetry which I did not want to put down! I'm generally not a huge poetry fan, and a few of the things I dislike about it did show up here but I found it so much easier to overlook them because the poems really are lovely!

My main reasons for not giving this 5 stars is that I found a couple typos (nothing too surprising as this is self published rather than going through tons of editors and publishers), and I was a bit disappointed it was
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Some of the entries were harder to read than others. I found myself rereading the same thing a few times before I could really grasp it. Others were really amazing and I have a few that I related to. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys poetry and empowering women.
Danielle N
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
You may also find this review on Books, Vertigo and Tea.

Reviewing poetry is something that I continue to struggle with greatly. After all, it is a very emotional and personal experience. How does one sum that up in a manner that others can comprehend to the point of feeling? It is practically impossible for myself, so my poetry reviews continue to remain relatively limited in length though they are not so in heart, I assure you.

Uncaged Wallflower immediately presented itself in unique manner
Amanda Linsmeier
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
This was a very optimistic collection of poems sure to inspire. I connected to some more than others. A fav:

Wrap Them Up
And that's the thing about people.
You can wrap them up in
kindness & love,
and they will still have something
cold
to say about you.

I also enjoyed Stars, Shadows, and Your Words. My favorite ones tended to be a little darker in tone because maybe I'm darker? Ha, regardless,
it's the book I really could have used a few years ago, it was like a good friend with a cup of coffee,
Emily Price
Uncaged Wallflower is a small collection of poems to encourage and brighten the soul.
Many of the poems gave me a positive skip to my step. One or two did read like something from a greetings card but heartwarming nonetheless.

A favourite line of mine was,
“...I am present in the moments in front of my eyes.”
A sentence to make you powerfully think of what we have now and appreciate everyday.

Lucie Wicks
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
I looooove poetry, it's my jam.
However I super struggled with this, I felt like it was more a stream of conscious thoughts and lessons rather than actual poetry as I know it to be. I know art including poetry is subjective, however this style is just not for me.
Mckenzie Vlad  David
Not one of the best poetry books I've read thus far, but I was enraptured by upbeat and heartfelt messages conveyed in the following poems:

- I Am Better Now
- Caged
- Letting People Go
- Forgiveness
- Take Time To Yourself
- 100%

Highly recommended if you're seeking a book that spares you comforting thoughts and healing process.
Elena ( The Queen Reads )
And that’s the thing about people. You can wrap them up in kindness & love, and they will still have something cold to say about you.
Montana Jefferson
This book was just what I needed. It has helped me hold my head a little higher in a dark time.
Yerasly
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.5

Short book of poems, in which I truly loved. This collection is more about learning to love yourself and accepting that things in your life will change, and that's okay.
Kellen Foord
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the poetry in uncaged wallflower, they are all feel good poems that make you smile :)
Lynn
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
It's a great pick me up book!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• in the absence of the sun
  • Semicolon ;
  • For When She's Feeling Blue
  • soft magic.
  • hummingbird
  • Things I Learned in the Night
Jennae Cecelia is the self-published and best-selling author of the poetry books, Bright Minds Empty Souls, Uncaged Wallflower, I Am More Than a Daydream, and her latest release, an extension off of Uncaged Wallflower.

She has developed a strong passion for writing uplifting poetry that encourages
her readers to reach their full potential and learn about fulfilling their dreams.

Jennae's soul is
“Surround yourself with people
who don't just ask
how you are doing.
Surround yourself with people
who make an effort to
make sure they are part of
the reason you are doing so well.”
7 likes
“And that's the thing
about people.
You can wrap them up
in kindness & love,
and they will still have
something cold to say