Start by marking “'Tis the Season” as Want to Read:
'Tis the Season

'Tis the Season

Aaron has spent the past ten months alone. When he meets a sad, yet strangely familiar man on a cold Halloween night, he impulsively invites him home. But the intimate connection they share lasts only until morning. Aaron wakes up alone—wracked with guilt and devastated to have lost his chance.

Or so he thinks.

Thanksgiving brings Aaron another shot at happiness, but letting
Published October 21st 2016 by Alex Jane

To ask other readers questions about 'Tis the Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 'Tis the Season

Start your review of 'Tis the Season
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This is a rather melancholy story about two men meeting at Halloween, running into each other again at Thanksgiving, and then deciding to give their relationship a go at Christmas.

There is an epilogue, but the ending is tinged with sadness.

I never felt the pull between Aaron and Dylan, who didn't read like a fully realized character.

The romance was stilted and hesitant. The MCs took turns falling apart and doubting the relationship.

Something about the writing bothered me. I can't put my finger
True Loveislovereview
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, 2016
5 stars Goosebumps fucking thick goosebumps. I'm so impressed by this little story.
It goes right to the heart. Beautiful people flawed and so deep, with other words beautiful perfect people. Sjeehh it early morning and I'm crying just writing this review.
I did because it had everything in it. The hurt, the grief, humor and so much love and friendship. But it's not all sad it's so down to earth it feels for me so close.
The sensitive fragile men with humor and so much layers.
I'm so impressed. An
Ami

This novella covers three important holidays in the span of three months … Halloween, when Aaron first meets Dylan on the bridge, thinking that the younger man was going to jump. Then Thanksgiving, when Aaron meets Dylan for the second time and joins Dylan’s family for Thanksgiving dinner. And finally Christmas.

All throughout, the two men are trying to define and work on what they have – I mean, yes they are attracted to each other but Aaron has only lost his husband ten months prior an
⚣Michaelle⚣
3.4 Stars

Yeah, BWT (Belen) pretty much summed up my feelings on this one better than I could.
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
Nice novella. Great narration. Review to come
Susan
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
I can’t even explain properly why I didn’t like this all that much. Just that the writing seemed off somehow.

I never felt connected to either Aaron or Dylan, and I didn’t even care anymore if they got together or not.

Also, this is a book where Aaron's husband died 10 months before, so he was still in the middle of his grief. That made getting to know Dylan bittersweet.

Just not the book for me.
Alisa
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an emotional and beautiful story. It starts on Halloween when Aaron is walking around at night. He's lonely and sad and filled with grief over the death of his husband 10 months prior. As he walks he sees a man sitting on the edge of a bridge and he's afraid he's planning to jump. He goes over and starts the most awkward exchange ever but the two end up talking to each other. Dylan says he wasn't planning on jumping but he's got a ton of personal hurt of his own. The story then follows ...more
Breann
'Tis the Season is a heartwarming holiday story about letting go of grief and moving forward.

Read my review here!
Tess
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday-romance

I wanted these guys to get an HEA but the romance felt a little forced to me.
Natalia
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Carra
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The holidays are always a time when strong emotion comes to the forefront for many people, and this story is the perfect example. It has a huge dose of angst, obvious emotional pain from the characters, and among all that is the development of new love.

Both Aaron and Dylan have heartache in their not-so-distant pasts, and both have their own forms of grief and pain with which to deal. Even as they each go through a healing process, the also become strong for each other—turning this into a double
BWT (Belen)

Told from the single point of view of widower Aaron, the meat of the story takes place over about four days. First, when Aaron meets Dylan when they are both at some pretty low points on Halloween, then again on Thanksgiving day, and finally again at Christmas.

There's a thread of sorrow throughout the story with both men having to deal with past relationships. It's a realistic type of romance where nothing is easily won, there are bad days and even the epilogue, which takes place a year later ha
Morgan  Skye
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, reviewed, holiday
Wow, this is NOT what I was expecting!

I guess – the strangely familiar thing – sort of set my expectations for the story to go one way and it definitely went a totally different way. Not bad, just different.

I don’t want to necessarily give things away, but I was surprised by that “twist” if you will and it took some adjusting because I wasn’t as forgiving as “Clarence”.

I loved the direct way the two MCs communicated with each other that first night and the way “George” is just so open with his f
JR
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of holiday stories
This was a gentle story about loss. finding love again, and how there is always hope to keep us going. This will definitely put the reader in the holiday spirit.
Nerea
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-story
This iis very cute story with pretty good build and nice characters!
My only complain is that is a bit SAD... until THE END.... and I was looking for a lighter xmas novella.
Erica
Nov 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Kind of melancholy for a holiday book. The audio performance was fine, and Dylan's accent, in particular, was well done. ...more
Idamus
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, audio
Ok book, better narration. 2.5 stars rounded up because of said narration.
MTULIPK
A TRUE GEM.
SAD.
HEARTWARMING.
WITH AN UNDERLYING THEME OF “IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE.”

‘TIS THE SEASON
ALEX JANE

13 Mar 2020

👼🔔🎄
🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
👼👼👼👼👼
🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔
——————————

I HAVE READ ALL THE REVIEWS THAT WERE SHOWING ON THIS BOOK’S SYNOPSIS PAGE.
I HAVE CHECKED THE KEYWORDS ABOVE THESE REVIEWS.
I’M STUNNED NOT ONE REVIEWER SEEMED TO PICK UP ON THE CORRELATION OF THIS STORY "‘Tis the Season" WITH THE ICONIC HOLIDAY MOVIE — "It’s a Wonderful Life."

THIS BOOK HAS A "George.”
THIS BOOK HAS A ”Clarence."
THIS BOOK HAS
Joyfully Jay
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

So I picked this one up because the premise really intrigued. Two men meet and experience three major holidays together. I definitely wanted to see how this worked, and I was glad to say that it did. I was drawn into the story from the very beginning and I couldn’t wait to see how it all played out.

Okay, so right off the bat I’m going to put it out there that there are a couple of heavy themes in this story. I say this for any of you who need to be careful of tri
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

This novella was full of emotions, it contains grief and sadness and it touches you really hard. What was unexpected was the really good character developements despite the lenght. Normally you have left out parts in the character, in this novella there is really less missing. I am not even sure if a longer novel would have revealed a lot more. Maybe a few things would have been deepend but in this case it isn’t nec
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
What I liked most about this book was, although they were a 1 night stand with the potential to be insta-love (especially because of the length), it didn't go that way. In fact, the MC's both have deep rooted issues that they need to come to terms with. They actually had to fight a little for each other.

I also found their fake names, and the fact they still used them at the end, pretty endearing. It turned into this cute little joke between them, and maybe a few family members.

There's quite a b
Ash
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5+

This was a beautiful, emotional and touching story about healing and second chances at love. This is the second Alex Jane story I've read and I'm incredibly impressed with her writing and storytelling. It's subtle, with a striking plot and beautiful imagery. Really looking forward to reading more by this author.
La*La
Dec 19, 2016 rated it liked it
3.25 stars.
Lisa The Novel Approach
Narration Rating 4.5 Stars

The Story: Let me begin by getting some possible triggering plot points addressed so that readers are not caught unawares. Though subtle, there is allusion to abuse, both emotional and physical, and the distinct idea that a suicide attempt was foiled in the first few pages of this novel. While none of these things were explicit, exactly, for those who have lived through these traumas, it may indeed be more apparent than to me. Having said that, I will also assure the re
MTULIPK
A TRUE GEM.
SAD.
HEARTWARMING.
WITH AN UNDERLYING THEME OF “IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE.”

‘TIS THE SEASON
ALEX JANE

13 Mar 2020

👼🔔🎄
🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
👼👼👼👼👼
🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔
——————————

I HAVE READ ALL THE REVIEWS THAT WERE SHOWING ON THIS BOOK’S SYNOPSIS PAGE.
I HAVE CHECKED THE KEYWORDS ABOVE THESE REVIEWS.

THIS BOOK HAS A "George.”
THIS BOOK HAS A ”Clarence."
THIS BOOK HAS
Tammy Smith
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Blog Post: http://lovebytesreviews.com/2017/02/0...

‘Tis the Season is about two men who are alone, lonely, hurting and not sure if they want to face this Christmas alone.
Aaron’s husband John died ten months ago and he’s struggling with his grief. Although he has managed to return to work Aaron still frequents the little bar he found whilst lost. On his way, home one night Aaron sees a shape moving in the shadow of the bridge he was walking across. Instead of putting his head down and walking on
Dana
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Reviewed for Rainbow Gold Reviews. A copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

The narration – This is the first time I have listened to this narrator. His voice is pleasant and I think he added to the story with his narration. I would definitely listen to him again.

The story – This is a great holiday story as it covers moments between Halloween and Christmas. Aaron meets Dylan on a bridge Halloween night. It appears that Dylan is going to jump or fall and Aaron awkwardly stops him and
Morgan  Skye
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, audio, 2017
Wow, this is NOT what I was expecting!

Ro
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiodick
There are three holidays encapsulated within this story, beginning with Halloween. Aaron lost his husband ten months ago and he’s been going through the motions of life since then. On this Halloween he heads to a bar outside his neighborhood where people don’t pity or pressure him. On the way home he finds a beautiful young man on a bridge, looking as though he is going to jump. Aaron begins talking to him and they have a connection, which leads to Aaron inviting the man, Dylan, home. There is a ...more
Susan65
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Blogger Girls

So, this story went in a completely different direction than I’d expected. From the get go, I was thinking to myself, “Okay, I see what’s happening here”, when in reality I was so far off base it was ridiculous. Lesson kiddies: don’t assume. This short holiday-themed novella encompasses three holidays from Halloween to Christmas, and some very heavy subject matter: death of a loved one, grief, suicidal thoughts, and domestic emotional abuse.

Aaron and Dylan have the cards stacked

• Five Dares
  • Angels in the City
  • Forsaken (Breaking the Rules, #3)
  • Tic-Tac-Mistletoe
  • Ranger
  • Love Language (Love Language, #1)
  • Sheriff's Secret (Brigs Ferry Bay, #1)
  • A Guy For Christmas
  • Merry Measure
  • Crocus (Bonfires, #2)
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)
  • Checking Out Love
  • Top Priority (The Game, #1)
  • Fall For Me (The Rock Gods, #1)
  • Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • Lucky (Lucky #1)
  • A Rhythm You Feel (The Rock Gods: East Coast Label #1)
  • Play Dirty (Wages of Sin #2)
After spending years creating stories in her head, Alex started writing them down and then found she couldn’t stop.
Despite the late start, she now writes m/m romance about found families, sometimes with a historical feel—and the occasional werewolf.
Free from aspirations of literary greatness, Alex simply hopes to spin a good yarn of love and life, wrapped up with a happy ending. And if her charac