Start by marking “'Tis the Season” as Want to Read:
'Tis the Season

'Tis the Season

Aaron has spent the past ten months alone. When he meets a sad, yet strangely familiar man on a cold Halloween night, he impulsively invites him home. But the intimate connection they share lasts only until morning. Aaron wakes up alone—wracked with guilt and devastated to have lost his chance.

Or so he thinks.

Thanksgiving brings Aaron another shot at happiness, but letting
Published October 21st 2016 by Alex Jane

To ask other readers questions about 'Tis the Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 'Tis the Season

Start your review of 'Tis the Season
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This is a rather melancholy story about two men meeting at Halloween, running into each other again at Thanksgiving, and then deciding to give their relationship a go at Christmas.

There is an epilogue, but the ending is tinged with sadness.

I never felt the pull between Aaron and Dylan, who didn't read like a fully realized character.

The romance was stilted and hesitant. The MCs took turns falling apart and doubting the relationship.

Something about the writing bothered me. I can't put my finger
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2016
5 stars Goosebumps fucking thick goosebumps. I'm so impressed by this little story.
It goes right to the heart. Beautiful people flawed and so deep, with other words beautiful perfect people. Sjeehh it early morning and I'm crying just writing this review.
I did because it had everything in it. The hurt, the grief, humor and so much love and friendship. But it's not all sad it's so down to earth it feels for me so close.
The sensitive fragile men with humor and so much layers.
I'm so impressed. An
Ami

This novella covers three important holidays in the span of three months … Halloween, when Aaron first meets Dylan on the bridge, thinking that the younger man was going to jump. Then Thanksgiving, when Aaron meets Dylan for the second time and joins Dylan’s family for Thanksgiving dinner. And finally Christmas.

All throughout, the two men are trying to define and work on what they have – I mean, yes they are attracted to each other but Aaron has only lost his husband ten months prior
⚣Michaelle⚣
3.4 Stars

Yeah, BWT (Belen) pretty much summed up my feelings on this one better than I could.
Ezinwanyi
Nice novella. Great narration. Review to come
Susan
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
I can’t even explain properly why I didn’t like this all that much. Just that the writing seemed off somehow.

I never felt connected to either Aaron or Dylan, and I didn’t even care anymore if they got together or not.

Also, this is a book where Aaron's husband died 10 months before, so he was still in the middle of his grief. That made getting to know Dylan bittersweet.

Just not the book for me.
Alisa
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an emotional and beautiful story. It starts on Halloween when Aaron is walking around at night. He's lonely and sad and filled with grief over the death of his husband 10 months prior. As he walks he sees a man sitting on the edge of a bridge and he's afraid he's planning to jump. He goes over and starts the most awkward exchange ever but the two end up talking to each other. Dylan says he wasn't planning on jumping but he's got a ton of personal hurt of his own. The story then follows ...more
Breann
'Tis the Season is a heartwarming holiday story about letting go of grief and moving forward.

Read my review here!
Tess
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday-romance

I wanted these guys to get an HEA but the romance felt a little forced to me.
Carra
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The holidays are always a time when strong emotion comes to the forefront for many people, and this story is the perfect example. It has a huge dose of angst, obvious emotional pain from the characters, and among all that is the development of new love.

Both Aaron and Dylan have heartache in their not-so-distant pasts, and both have their own forms of grief and pain with which to deal. Even as they each go through a healing process, the also become strong for each other—turning this into a double
BWT (Belen)

Told from the single point of view of widower Aaron, the meat of the story takes place over about four days. First, when Aaron meets Dylan when they are both at some pretty low points on Halloween, then again on Thanksgiving day, and finally again at Christmas.

There's a thread of sorrow throughout the story with both men having to deal with past relationships. It's a realistic type of romance where nothing is easily won, there are bad days and even the epilogue, which takes place a year later
Morgan  Skye
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, reviewed, holiday
Wow, this is NOT what I was expecting!

I guess – the strangely familiar thing – sort of set my expectations for the story to go one way and it definitely went a totally different way. Not bad, just different.

I don’t want to necessarily give things away, but I was surprised by that “twist” if you will and it took some adjusting because I wasn’t as forgiving as “Clarence”.

I loved the direct way the two MCs communicated with each other that first night and the way “George” is just so open with his
JR
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of holiday stories
This was a gentle story about loss. finding love again, and how there is always hope to keep us going. This will definitely put the reader in the holiday spirit.
Nerea
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-story
This iis very cute story with pretty good build and nice characters!
My only complain is that is a bit SAD... until THE END.... and I was looking for a lighter xmas novella.
Erica
Nov 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Kind of melancholy for a holiday book. The audio performance was fine, and Dylan's accent, in particular, was well done.
Idamus
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, audio
Ok book, better narration. 2.5 stars rounded up because of said narration.
Joyfully Jay
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

So I picked this one up because the premise really intrigued. Two men meet and experience three major holidays together. I definitely wanted to see how this worked, and I was glad to say that it did. I was drawn into the story from the very beginning and I couldn’t wait to see how it all played out.

Okay, so right off the bat I’m going to put it out there that there are a couple of heavy themes in this story. I say this for any of you who need to be careful of
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

This novella was full of emotions, it contains grief and sadness and it touches you really hard. What was unexpected was the really good character developements despite the lenght. Normally you have left out parts in the character, in this novella there is really less missing. I am not even sure if a longer novel would have revealed a lot more. Maybe a few things would have been deepend but in this case it isn’t
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
What I liked most about this book was, although they were a 1 night stand with the potential to be insta-love (especially because of the length), it didn't go that way. In fact, the MC's both have deep rooted issues that they need to come to terms with. They actually had to fight a little for each other.

I also found their fake names, and the fact they still used them at the end, pretty endearing. It turned into this cute little joke between them, and maybe a few family members.

There's quite a
Ash
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5+

This was a beautiful, emotional and touching story about healing and second chances at love. This is the second Alex Jane story I've read and I'm incredibly impressed with her writing and storytelling. It's subtle, with a striking plot and beautiful imagery. Really looking forward to reading more by this author.
La*La
Dec 19, 2016 rated it liked it
3.25 stars.
Lisa The Novel Approach
Narration Rating 4.5 Stars

The Story: Let me begin by getting some possible triggering plot points addressed so that readers are not caught unawares. Though subtle, there is allusion to abuse, both emotional and physical, and the distinct idea that a suicide attempt was foiled in the first few pages of this novel. While none of these things were explicit, exactly, for those who have lived through these traumas, it may indeed be more apparent than to me. Having said that, I will also assure the
Tammy Smith
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Blog Post: http://lovebytesreviews.com/2017/02/0...

‘Tis the Season is about two men who are alone, lonely, hurting and not sure if they want to face this Christmas alone.
Aaron’s husband John died ten months ago and he’s struggling with his grief. Although he has managed to return to work Aaron still frequents the little bar he found whilst lost. On his way, home one night Aaron sees a shape moving in the shadow of the bridge he was walking across. Instead of putting his head down and walking on
Morgan  Skye
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, audio, 2017
Wow, this is NOT what I was expecting!

Dana
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Reviewed for Rainbow Gold Reviews. A copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

The narration – This is the first time I have listened to this narrator. His voice is pleasant and I think he added to the story with his narration. I would definitely listen to him again.

The story – This is a great holiday story as it covers moments between Halloween and Christmas. Aaron meets Dylan on a bridge Halloween night. It appears that Dylan is going to jump or fall and Aaron awkwardly stops him and
Ro
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiodick
There are three holidays encapsulated within this story, beginning with Halloween. Aaron lost his husband ten months ago and he’s been going through the motions of life since then. On this Halloween he heads to a bar outside his neighborhood where people don’t pity or pressure him. On the way home he finds a beautiful young man on a bridge, looking as though he is going to jump. Aaron begins talking to him and they have a connection, which leads to Aaron inviting the man, Dylan, home. There is a ...more
Susan65
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Blogger Girls

So, this story went in a completely different direction than I’d expected. From the get go, I was thinking to myself, “Okay, I see what’s happening here”, when in reality I was so far off base it was ridiculous. Lesson kiddies: don’t assume. This short holiday-themed novella encompasses three holidays from Halloween to Christmas, and some very heavy subject matter: death of a loved one, grief, suicidal thoughts, and domestic emotional abuse.

Aaron and Dylan have the cards stacked
Jenny
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had put this book off for a bit, because of the blurb's mention of grief & books with people grieving, well, I have to be in a certain frame of mind. But I made a vow to listen to all the holiday books in my library this year and dove into this one. I ended up binge listening to the whole thing in one day.
I simply adored this little novella. It felt complete despite its brevity. It felt RIGHT & relatively realistic. I got choked up with Aaron's grief and smiled and laughed quite a bit
Becky Baldridge
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

'Tis the Season is an emotional tale and touches on some serious topics. That said, I was impressed with how the author handled those topics along with the touches of humor and wit to keep the story from being too heavy, yet still not taking anything away from the importance of subject matter. I also loved the references to a favorite holiday movie, which fit this sweet romance perfectly. Our main characters are endearing and while their losses are different, they're both grieving and find that
MillsyLovesBooks
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alex Jane is a new to me author, and after listening to this short Novella i would most definitely read or listen to her books again. In relation to the audio the narration of the read was wonderful Michael Fell did a great job. Tis the Season is a sweet short novella about grief, loss and finding love again when you lest expected it.

Aaron tragically lost his husband and is learning to live and go with his life. He has been closed to everyone through his grief he knows they mean well but hates

• My Christmas Spirit
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Chasing Fate (Copper Creek Shifters #1)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • The Remaking of Corbin Wale
  • Lead Me Not
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
  • Upside Down
  • The Healing Power of Eggnog
  • Tallowwood
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic, #1)
  • Inn Love
  • Five Dares
  • Merry & Bright
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • Hometown Christmas
  • Stand In Place
Stories of M/M romance with happy endings...eventually.

After spending far too long creating stories in her head, Alex finally plucked up the courage to write them down and realized it was quite fun seeing them on the page after all.

Free from aspirations of literary greatness, Alex simply hopes to entertain by spinning a good yarn of love and life, wrapped up with a happy ending. Although, if her