Start by marking “The Girl Across the Hall” as Want to Read:
The Girl Across the Hall

The Girl Across the Hall

Noah Granger likes his life uncomplicated and drama free. Though he’s grown weary of trolling clubs for casual hookups, he doesn't date and he doesn't do relationship—ever. Lately, he’s become obsessed with the shy beauty across the hall. He knows she’s not his usual type, but it can’t hurt to ask….

Zoe Browning can't believe that Noah, her seriously hot neighbor, is inter
Published October 21st 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Girl Across the Hall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl Across the Hall

Camille Adams
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Please, IRR authors, stop:

1) giving your black female protagonist long, curly hair and Native American ancestry. Your self hatred is showing.

2) making your female protagonist a near virgin and your male protagonist exceedingly promiscuous. Enough with the gender biases.

3) publishing books filled with grammatical errors, missing words, misused words, and other careless copy editing issues. Doing so showcases a serious lack of professionalism.
Mspraise50
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have only read about 2 other books by this author. However, I absolutely loved this one. This is my kind of romance story. I loved every second of this story. I loved how Noah pursued and defended Zoe and if he thought she was unset or some one upset he would take them on. This was just a great story. I would highly recommend it.
*Dee Kaye's Book Bin*
Opposites attracts... this was a beautiful love story! "The Pervert" vs the shy girl across the hall.
Karen's Bookshelf
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Zoe never thought a man like Noah would be interested in her. Oh, Zoe knew she was definitely know ugly duckling, but she'd seen the women he dated and knew she had nothing in common with those women. So why was The Pervert, as she referred to him, knocking on her door?
Noah would admit, Zoe is nothing like the women he usually dated. But there's just some about Zoe that has him taking notice whenever he sees her. He knows there's something special about this shy blossom and he's determined to be
Musings of A Romance Junkie
3.5 Stars

This story held my interest well enough, but I didn't care for the couple. At all...
Crystal Moody
Another hit!

I recently was talking to a friend about how long we've been Thayer King fans and now I see why. The Girl Across the Hall is everything I love about Thayer King's writing. The story was amazing and I loved every second of it. I've been a fan since my first Thayer King read, Whimsy, years ago and I'll continue to be a huge fan as long as Thayer King is an author. Great read!
M.J. Friday
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Super Cute!

Cute story. Zoe and Noah where adorable. I love how Noah saw right through Zoes baggy clothes and shyness to see the beauty within,and how Noah, done with a different woman every weekend, fought to get the beautiful girl across the hall to give him a chance. I liked it,will put in my re-read pile
Elysa
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
😊 Not Bad.

Well I must say this one had me chuckling start to finish...Noah was such an ass..But an adorable one😂😀😆 Don't know how any woman couldn't see through that!!😊😅 Zoe...frikken adorable and it's a hoot watching them both evolve. Of course as soon as Avery was introduced into the mix I knew she had it for Noah. All of the supporting characters..just perfect from Felicia to Ty and even Noah's parents .. Loved them all.
SassafrasfromAmazon
This was a delightful story about two polar opposites who are neighbors but end up getting romantically involved. Noah is a gregarious, outgoing, and very attractive man; in other words, Noah is a man-whore who has never dated or been in a committed relationship— he’s a fuck’em until he’s bored, then drop’em kind of guy. Zoe, on the other hand, is painfully shy and socially inept. Her clothes are several sizes too big, she wears her hair in a bun and my impression is that she is rather frumpy. Z ...more
Jesula Rock
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Second time even better!

This is the second time I've read that story and I love it all the same. I like the venue that the story took place, it makes it real. I feel like I witnessed the budding love of two neighbors. It was not about a millionaire saving a damsel in distress, but two hard working individual finding love overtime. Well done Mrs. King!
Linda D. Christiani
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Linda Christiani

I can't even begin to explain how much I enjoyed this story it touched on everything that should be when you're in love yes with a little drama but that only made the love stronger and the sex all I can say is yasssss!!!
Rita
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: interracial
Good read
Stormy
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Cant believe, i never reviewed this.

I've read this book 3 times and I just now realized that I haven't reviewed it. This is one of my fave and will probably always will be.
Rena
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Taught each other...

Zoe and Noah were perfect for each other. Totally opposite but made for each other. They each taught one another things that they didn't know they wanted. It was a good story and the characters were well written. My first book by this author and looking forward to my next book.
Miss D.
Thayer King is one of my favorite author’s as she writes charming stories with relatable characters and adds believable dramedy to her stories. Her latest book, The Girl Across The Hall, is the appealing story of shy Zoe and playboy Noah. Zoe lives across from Noah. She sees his as a gorgeous skirt chaser and is surprised when he approaches her in romantic interest. He’s attracted Zoe and not serious initially but their encounters quickly grow deep. I really enjoyed these two characters and thei ...more
Valerie Roberts
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bwwm
Great Read

In fact, I couldn't put the book down. It engaged me from start to finish. The characters were genuinely likeable, even Noah with his manwhorish ways and I really liked Zoe. She's intelligent, shy yet feisty. Perhaps my only criticism is the fact that the author moves from one scene or situation in the story to the next without giving the reader a clue. E.g. later that day or at the bookshop. It did not flow seamlessly but we were dropped from one situation to the next. Although it did
Nichole
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pushy but nice

I liked the premise of the story but it was weird when Noah said one minute he would wait for Zoe to be ready to have sex and the next moment he pressured her into it. It would have been nice if he let her find her passion on her own.
I enjoyed the way Noah changed for Zoe. That made me root for them even when he made a mistake. Love is strange and strong that way. Nice work Ms King!
Pamelon
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome, funny and sexy!

This story was fantastic. Thayer king knocked this story completely out of the park. She gave me everything I needed for an awesome, great from beginning to end sexy and enjoyable story!
Nancy  L Thompson
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Been Awhile

It's been awhile since I've read anything from this author. I'm glad I rediscovered her. I enjoyed this book very much and from the preview, I can't wait for her upcoming book
Tiffani Chandler
Dec 21, 2016 rated it liked it
A Solid "C" Read

It was an OK read. It had several typo issues, but they did not interfere with the plot. They were just annoying. To expound on the plot, it was a little too predictable, and the story's resolution was rushed and left a lot to be desired.
Seretta Price
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Thayer King does it again. This book was sexy AND it was a good story. She gives you sizzle and a good read.

Charles
Nov 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Nice

This was an enjoyable quick read. Even though this was a short book it did not feel rushed. I liked the characters and the slow development of the love affair.
Lovie D. Bey
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet and steamy

I really like this book. Noah was irritating at first but ended up being a good guy. As always, this author is entertaining.
Shala Bell
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nice girls

I love the way the nerd gets the guy .Noah was a man who really liked women until he met Zoe I love the plot and the Felicia finally growing up. Loved this book!!!!
Bonnie
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely beautiful story.
Tony
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: z-list
Cute story but definitely in need of editing.
Sharon Keyes
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Thayer King

This story has a few twists. It was not as simple a romance as you might think. But that's it with Ms. Thayer she writes and intriguing story. Good job.
Joyce
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I always look forward to this author's work and I'm never disappointed.
Rosa
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love it!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• His Forbidden Bride: 50 Loving States, West Virginia
  • Operation Atonement
  • Nerds Are Freaks Too
  • The Wedding
  • The Soldier's Baby Bargain (Home To Harbor Town, #5)
  • Kiss of Ice (St. James Family #1)
  • Gents 4 Ladies
  • Baby Wanted (A Bundle of Joy)
  • Holiday Hell
  • Christmas Wishes, Valentine Kisses
  • Plowed (Blue Collar Bad Boys, #7)
  • Pursued by the Viscount (Regency Unlaced, #4)
  • No Way Out: Kari (Trek Mi Q'an, #8)
  • The Question
  • False Pretenses
  • So Trashy (Bad Boy Next Door, #2)