Start by marking “Someone to Watch Over Me” as Want to Read:
Someone to Watch Over Me

Someone to Watch Over Me

Discover the sensual and sweeping power of love in New York Times bestselling author Judith McNaught’s contemporary romances that will make “you laugh, cry, and fall in love again” (RT Book Reviews)—now available for the first time on ebook.

Leigh Kendall is relishing her stellar Broadway acting career in her marriage to Logan Manning, scion of an old New York family, when
Kindle Edition, Reprint, 500 pages
Published November 1st 2016 by Pocket Books (first published February 18th 2003)

Start your review of Someone to Watch Over Me
Jo
“Of course I believe in fate." She smiled at that, so he continued lightly, "I believe you were meant to give that knight to me. You were meant to be my beacon."

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK!!!!!!! One of the best books I have ever read!

We start the story with Broadway actress Leigh Kendall waking up in the hospital after being in a car accident on her way to meeting her husband, Logan Manning, at a secluded mountain cabin. And from there you get flashbacks, a bit of her life with her husband

Barbara
Jan 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars...and most of you know I don't throw that out all to often...

This brilliant author just has it! She can write a book that reads like a movie and there are never any uncomfortable reading pauses... her style is flawless. "Someone to Watch Over Me" was filled with grand surprises, grand adventure and out of this world love. From page one you know you're in for a delicious ride.

"Michael watched her walk away. Did he mind waiting an hour for her?
Not at all.
He'd been waiting years for her."

Melanie
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was ok. Not really "my thing". Moving on :-)
Sophie ♥
I thought I might type up a review quickly for this one before I start a new book. So...

There are two things you need to know about this book
1. I would classify this as crime fiction not romance
2. There are essentially two main characters. We read Leigh's story but in between you'll read just as much about Sam (the female detective who is assigned to the case)

Before I started reading this I had mixed expectations. The reviews for this book hardly provoked any excitement but because it was Judith
Beverlin
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was somewhat biased towards this book due to the endless negative remarks and reviews I read. I ignored it for a long time until I finally decided to leave aside the comments and have my own opinion of book as a priority .Judith Mcnaught once again encapsulated my heart with her unending humor and profound love.

My only advice to whoever reads this review is to be flexible, casting aside other's comments, and producing your own true opinion of this book. I did it, and it I was able to see
Ashley
"Of course, there is one small drawback to being loved by him: It apparently allows the entire criminal justice system a license to spy, to malign, to misrepresent, and to persecute-not only him, but you as well. It allows them to violate every civil right the Constitution promises and that they have sworn to uphold."

What can I say? As a novel, as piece of romance, as a stab at social and criminal justice, Judith McNaught's Someone to Watch Over Me has all my heart and soul. It's difficult to
Melody
I love Judith McNaught but I didn't recognised her style here. The beginning was a bit boring and I struggled to get into the story. Moreover the relationship betwen Michael and Leigh took too long to start (almost 200 pages if I remember correctly). Both characters were likeable but they won't be engraved in my memory as Judith McNaught's other couples.
Zumbagirl
After many years of not reading books regularly, I started reading again and it was sparked by McNaught. I didn't even know she had two new books that had been published - Every Breath You Take and this one. So I anxiously grabbed a copy and read it. I really enjoyed this book!!!
This is a murder-mystery and two love stories - many people complain about that in novels, but I actually liked it in this book. The heroine, Leigh, is a famous actress, works in NYC on Broadway. Her husband has gone
Megha C
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!!! Have you ever read a book with absolutely no expectations and it completely blew you away?? Well, this happened with me while reading STWOM.
It starts off as a mystery with Broadway star Leigh Manning severely injured and in hospital with no idea about her vanished husband Logan Manning. Both are highly successful in their respective careers and have had a perfect marriage. Or so Leigh thinks.
At this point a business associate of her husband, a mysterious billionaire with a highly
Yuni
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
When I read this book somehow I can see it play in front of me. How much I hate hate Logan. How tight I want to give Leigh a hug. How much I want to kiss Falco on his cheeks. How hard I want to kick the police team for being such an ass. Maybe in between all the Second Opportunities series, I like Paradise the most because it is the first book I read in the series but each of it....I LOVE IT. Thank you, Judith. Please give us a new book. I heard she will release a new book this year. Good then ...more
Alison
Dec 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
So good! Got two stories in one...love Mack and Michael!
Kathy Davie
Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
Fourth in the Second Opportunity romantic-suspense series. The couple focus in this story is Michael Valente and Leigh Kendall.

My Take
What can I say, it's a McNaught. I love her work. She may be formulaic, but she does write a good story that kept me entranced and racing through the pages. A woman's life is turned upside down and threatened and from the background comes her white knight to save the day.

McNaught always has her underdog and in this case, the love of this good woman has sustained
Christine
Apr 01, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I was excited to learn of a Judith McNaught book out there that I had missed reading when I ran through all of her stuff a few years ago. I consider her the master of romance, many of her stories have touched me deeply and stayed with me for years. (Many romance novels, even good ones, tend to be forgettable in the grand scheme of things.)

The trouble with this book is that it isn't a romance. Oh, there are some couples getting together, but it's basically a mystery novel. And I don't want to
Kalia  Lewis
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Judith McNaught is an excellent writer.

This book could easily be a movie. It also plays out as a movie in your mind as you read it.

There are a few twists and turns that keep you guessing. The only downside is that it's not presently available as an ebook.
Kris Rafferty
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing hero. So yummy.
ElaineY
Jul 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW OF ABRIDGED AUDIO: FEBRUARY 23, 2014: 2 STARS

I liked the book even more this time - 11 years since I last read it!

Why 2 stars, then? Because this is an abridged version and missing the secondary romance between McCord and Sam. McCord is the hotshot lead investigator assigned to the Logan murder case and Sam is the newbie cop who is put in his team.

I specifically picked this title for my oldies reread because I recall liking the secondary romance very much. If you've never read this book
Baneen
Jan 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: judith-mcnaught
Syida Mrs Nick
At last.
Just finish this novel. And what can I say is, not so romance.

Really slow but full of suspend. U can't to guess who is the killer. Everyone in this novel would be a killer and Logan always be an innocent victim. But, but, but... So pitty for Leigh.

I always love Judith Mcnaught's romance unfortunately not in this novel. After 70% of this novel, I enjoyed the story.

Pst... I can't imagine how Valente looks like if he come alive. He so special to me. Good job for this author
MBR
Ah!, now this is a favorite contemporary romance from JM.
I love love love Michael Valente!
Sherry
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First time for this author! I will definatley read more.
Jennie
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This book had one thing going for it over McNaught's other novels (especially the historical ones): her male lead, unlike Clayton, Jason, Jordan, Royce, et.al., isn't a domineering, abusive cad who "tames" his heroine into worshipping him. Kudos for a hero who treats the woman well for a change.

***SPOILERS***

That said, this book pushed me beyond "willing suspension of disbelief" into "oh, please, make it stop". The book opens with a lengthy description of Leigh's devotion to her husband, how
mad4rombks
Shahzaib Mazhar
Feb 28, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This review won't make much sense unless you've read the book. This is the first Judith McNaught book I read. Not sure if I'll read another one. When I started reading this book, I had a lot of expectations and this book didn't live up to them. Now let me begin my review.
This book reads like a movie. Yeah, That's true. However, when the "big reveal" occurs, the scene that follows is so much like a screenplay for a movie that it's ridiculous. (view spoiler)
Michelle K
Oct 03, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-read
This wasn't a typical Judith McNaught romance book. In fact, calling it a romance book is a stretch. It was suspense mystery with a wee tad bit of a couple getting together. I am not a huge fan of suspense mystery especially when I was expecting the normal Judith McNaught style, however it was nice to read the author doing something a bit different.

Usually there is a grevious misunderstanding between the main couple in the story but this time the misunderstanding is between the police and the
Margie
Dec 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love Judith McNaught's novels so I bought this book without even glancing to see what it was about. I was disappointed to discover that it was more mystery than romance. In fact, for the first sixty pages or so, I kept thinking I should have waited for the paperback version. Fortunately, I hung in there. Once I accepted that this was not going to be one of McNaught's typical love stories, I focused on THIS book and began to enjoy it.
The characters were likeable and well developed.
Shxrxn
Oct 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In order to be a good liar, you've got to have a good memory.
- Shrader
Some of the most unkind, judgmental people I've ever known go to church every Sunday and read the Bible. I don't know how some people are able to disassociate their own cruelty and shortcomings from their religious obligations and convictions, but many are able to do that.
- Sam
Everything wrong I've ever done has always seemed like the right thing to do at the time.
- Courtney
Anger is nothing but self-inflicted torture.
- Michael
Latoya
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I read this book a long time ago and I still remember the story. (Thanks to Goodreads, I now remember the title and author)
There are moments in the novel that have stayed with me. That, in my opinion, is the true testament of a book.
Leigh is the hurt heroine and Michael sweeps in and takes care of her. I loved the scene where he is sits in the living room, while she is recuperating in the bedroom, unaware of his presence. But he stays just to ensure her safety.
Even the secondary characters were
Amy!
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I can't really stomach contemporary McNaught stories. Having all of the characters be fabulously wealthy, well connected, and without a care works fine in the distant past when the characters are dukes and duchesses and ride in carriages and on horses and there's nothing I'm supposed to relate to. But in the modern stories, I find that I can't relate to the characters and so the story is just uninteresting.
Amy Sanders
Aug 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read. I really liked that the hero was someone from her past. I felt that it made their story more believable and intimate, as the bedroom seemed a quick transition from her point of view.
It showed his POV more in the relationship, which made him one of my favorite heros.
Not so much angst as I am used to from Mcnaught in their relationship, that was a nice change.
There are few writers that can tell a story like JM.
Meret Magdi
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads, 5-stars
5 stars
I LOVE MICHAEL VALENTI
I got this book as a birthday gift, and decided to read it right away..
This book is amazing.. I enjoyed it a lot!!
Eventhough some people told me they found the investigation parts boring, I dont agree at all.. There was nothing boring about this book..
Did I mention that I love Michael Valenti?

• Heartbreaker (Buchanan-Renard, #1)
  • Lions and Lace (Van Alen Sisters #1)
  • Death Angel
  • Shades of Twilight
  • Almost Heaven by Judith McNaught | Summary & Study Guide
  • After the Night
  • To Die For (Blair Mallory, #1)
  • Prince Charming
  • Mercy (Buchanan-Renard, #2)
  • One Red Rose (Rose, #4)
  • Murder List (Buchanan, #4)
  • The Wolf Duke (Valor of Vinehill, #2)
  • This Christmas
  • The Clayborne Brides: One Pink Rose, One White Rose, One Red Rose
  • Killer Heat  (Dept 6 Hired Guns, #3)
  • Angel (Wyoming, #3)
  • Obsession
  • Diamond Bay (Rescues, #2)
You can find Judith McNaught in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorjudith...

Judith McNaught is a #1 New York Times Best-Selling Author, with more than forty million copies of her novels in print, in over eighty countries and more than thirty languages. She was also the first female executive producer at a CBS radio station. McNaught is credited with inventing the modern Regency Historical
“‎People who talk less frequently notice more.” 117 likes
“Some of the most unkind,judgmental people I've ever known go to church every Sunday and read the Bible.
I don't know how some people are able to
disassociate their own cruelty and shortcomings from their religious obligations and convictions, but many are able to do that.”
26 likes