Start by marking “Wilde Like Me (Robin Wilde #1)” as Want to Read:
Wilde Like Me (Robin Wilde #1)

Wilde Like Me

(Robin Wilde #1)

Single mum Robin Wilde adores her six-year-old daughter and loves her job as a make up artist's assistant. She has a wonderful best friend and an auntie who is bonkers, yes, but loves her to the moon and back.

But Robin has a secret. Behind the mask she carefully applies
Published June 29th 2017 by Bonnier Zaffre

Emer (A Little Haze)
Well that was dull.

I bought this on impulse because...honestly I don't remember. I must have liked the sound of the blurb. Anyway apparently this is written by a lifestyle blogger turned author. Oh if I had known that when I was browsing in the bookshop I would not have bought this because this book screams of a less than polished writing style. It lacked the wit and heart that I expect from this genre of book with simply no artistry to the writing.

Not for me.

one star
Vanessa
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I love Louise. I do. I think she's refreshing, honest and relatable as a Blogger/YouTuber. But when it comes to being an author, I think she's still got some way to go.

My main problem was that the character of Robin just wasn't someone I'd easily warm up to. The constant self-pitying and self-deprecating really grated my nerves. Robin had lovely, supportive friends, a loving aunt and an amazing daughter and while I understand that most people long for a partner, I just felt like Robin took it to
Grace
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
I had avoided buying Louise's book due to the incessant reminders to buy it, and the high price tag. However, post release date the price dropped and I figured I would give it a go. I've been in a massive reading slump lately and thought an easy going, light contemporary would get me back into gear.

Unfortunately, I was wrong.

I struggled to read the book without constantly hearing Louise's voice coming through and thinking I was reading more of an autobiography. The colloquial style also felt v
Ellie
Jul 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Honestly, I read this book out of curiosity rather than anything else. I watch Louise's videos and follow her blog so was interested to see how her writing style differed to her blogging style but unfortunately, it didn't. The narrative voice felt very informal, of course, this is a fairly light book but her use of words such as "bants" made me cringe.
Louise has insisted that this is not an autobiographical book but I found it very hard to separate 'Robin Wilde' from Louise Pentland - perhaps i
Janay Brazier
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I can't remember the last time a book made me laugh like this. If you know Louise or watch her YouTube channels then you will spot her personality coming through the pages of this debut novel. Louise is already planning book two as well. It was a fun, easy read and it's a book that would be great to read during the summer as a holiday read.
Stacie Fields
Jul 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Meghan-Alice
Jul 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
well that was a struggle. is that one star because i love louise? 100%
would i give it zero if i could/didn't love louise? 100%
Hayley Noble
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm not really one for youtuber books, I read Zoella's debut novel and it was enough to put me off, however I really love watching Louise, and did find her passion for her book infectious!
I want to start by saying how pleasantly surprised I was with this book! Don't get me wrong, it was not without mistakes - which did irritate me. I understand its a first novel, mistakes are made, etc. However, its not like Louise went down the same path as other first time authors, and considering she must hav
Angela
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was written by well known YouTube "guru" Louise Pentland. After all the hype about it, I was looking forward to reading it. However, I did have a few issues with it. Firstly, it was badly edited, with quite a few mistakes. Not sure if it was due to needing to get the book out quickly that they failed to go over it with a fine toothed comb, but the editing was very poor. Secondly, although Louise Pentland states that this isn't an autobiographical account of her own life, I couldn't hel ...more
Nicole
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chic-lit
Wilde Like Me is author Loiuse Pentland’s debut novel. A funny, fast paced read, Loiuse explores being a woman and motherhood in the 21st century. Through the first person, she takes an in depth look into being a single parent, the role of friends and family as well as the negative effects of social media. From yummy mummy’s to aspiring to the perfect English life, Louise leaves no stone unturned. While I’m not a fan of this particular topic, the title and the blurb led me to believe that this c ...more
Miki Jacobs
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this. Not too heavy, but touched on some issues that we all come across.
Definitely a feel good book.
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Book reviews on www.snazzybooks.com

Wilde Like Me is a fun, light-hearted read. It follows Robin Wilde, mum of six year Lyla who's life, in her eyes anyway, is a bit of a mess. She's trying to juggle being a single mum and desperately trying to live up to the perfect examples the other mums at her daughter's school seem to set, whilst feeling pretty lonely at times.

The story itself is easy to read and, at times, really funny. There were parts that really made me laugh, and parts that were a litt
Rosanna Threakall
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I adored this and I cannot wait to see what Louise does next if this is her debut?!
Emma
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was a typical chick-lit style book featuring Robin Wilde, a 20 something year old woman stuck in a rut in her life and looking for a way out. A single mother to her daughter Lyla, she was feeling more and more out of place as her daughter grew and she had more time to herself. With a push from family and friends, she throws herself further into her career as a make-up artist's assistant and begins looking for a man to share her life with.

There was nothing particularly new here but there wer
*Lee*
This was a library book so I *could* have stopped reading after the first few chapters. I *should* have stopped reading but I hoped it would get better. Hoped IN VAIN - I must be a glutton for punishment. And it kept not getting better. I ended up skimming most of this - it was just really disjointed and trying to hard to create tension/story - which just came off making Robin seem like a whiny, self-centred, insecure, vapid/vain bore. I get why dippy Simon left her....
And don’t get me started
Nicole
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, favorites
Wilde Like Me!!! A book from a Youtuber. OH NO!!!! (I love them, well the ones I read so far.)
I'm watching Louise for a few years now and really love her videos. This didn't influence my opinion about the book, tho.

Summary: Meet Robin Wilde! You'll make a friend for life and she'll take you on a journey you'll never forget ...Single mum Robin Wilde adores her six-year-old daughter and loves her job as a make up artist's assistant. She has a wonderful best friend and an auntie who is bonkers, ye
Michelle
Jan 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
I wanted to like this book, I really did. I follow Louise on YouTube and she seems like a lovely person and a very good mother, and I love her personality. When I picked up Wilde Like Me my expectations weren't even that high: I just wanted to read a fun and easy book about a single mother. Unfortunately, I was still disappointed because this book was a hot mess.

My biggest problem is with the main character, Robin Wilde. She is a single mother with a six-year old daughter (much like Louise Pentl
Louise Lavery
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ahh, I had pre-ordered this and was so so excited when it arrived! I absolutely love Louise and just knew it would be a great read. It was so so funny at parts and I laughed out loud quite a few times!

Such a heart warming read and actually made me feel so so good. The ending is absolutely perfect because it's so realistic.

I can't wait until we meet again Robin Wilde!

Teresa
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was recommended to me by my daughter. I knew nothing about the author before reading it so was not affected by the negative outlook of the 'You Tuber' writes a book comments I have now read in other reviews. I thought this was a really enjoyable read and the characters were well rounded. I have met a lot of self centered and self pitying people over the years and thought this was a very honest portrayal of someone struggling to find their way in life. It is always easy to critcise some ...more
Charlotte
Aug 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
I purchased this book from the kindle store for 98p as I’d heard a lot about it and saw it on the bestsellers list.

My first problem with this book is that there didn’t really seem to be a real plot. It felt very much like the character Robin Wilde’s daily journal as she navigates being a single mum. There’s nothing wrong with this, if you’re interested in it, but that’s not how this book was billed.

Problem number two: As someone who has watched many of Louise’s vlogs and is very familiar with h
Kate’s Book Spot
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was drawn to this book by the intriguing description, just by reading this I found myself wanting to find out which direction Robin's courage would take her. She sounded like such a relatable character and I couldn't wait to find out if that would be the case.

The prologue was smiley and left me with a couple of thoughts - who is this perfect man and can he teach my husband how to do romance 😏.

As the story continued I was introduced to Auntie Kath (a loveable whirlwind of a woman), Robin's daug
Simona
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I discovered Louise on YouTube about 2 years ago, when I started following some bloggers on there. I watched her videos from time to time, especially when her daughter was in them. Louise is very funny, bubbly and fresh, so when I heard she was publishing a fiction book, I got really curious.

The story follows Robin Wilde, who is a single mum to 6-year-old Lyla and she works part time as a make-up artist. She is longing for a relationship and really knows what she wants. It’s not so easy however,
Marjorie
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I think I am one of the few people who didn't find Robin Wilde "delightful". Yes, I get it being a single mum is hard, trying to carve your way in life is hard, loneliness is hard. The universal truth is life is hard. Admittedly, it is unusual for a book to use this as a jumping off point and to describe those feelings and I did think the term "The Emptiness" was a wonderful description - so much better then "the black dog".

However, I could not warm to the main character at all. I know how debil
Lucy
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing! And I don't just say that because I am a fan of Louise already. This really is a fantastic read, it's just so real and makes you laugh and cry along with Robin Wilde! Can't wait for the sequel!
Catherine Raitt
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
What a lovely read. It took me a good few chapters to get into it if I’m honest, hence the long read. However it once I got into it, I really enjoyed it and let thinking about when I’d be able to sit down and read it ! And lucky for me, the next instalment was released today!
Jeanniehay64
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to enjoy this book as it’s been in my TBR pile for ages.

I found myself reading and skipping pages I couldn’t really warm to Robin the main character and her quest to become happy. The second half of the book I enjoyed more and the ending was good.

Sadly this book was not for me but for fans of chick-lit this may be a more enjoyable read.
Diana
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-this-year
I read this book in less than 24 hours and I loved it!! Being a single mum myself I could totally appreciate what Robin Wilde was saying. Such beautiful lovely characters. I can’t wait to read the next one. Well done Louise you are a talented author!
Fabulous Book Fiend
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and if you are a fan of Louise's YouTube channel you will definitely be able to see tons of her on every page! I actually listened to this on audiobook and can really recommend that format as well as the paperback because the narrators did such a great job.

This book centres around Robin Wilde and she is just a great character to read about and the kind of woman that makes you grateful for character-centric books like this. She is great to read about because she is ju
Morwenna Gibbs
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so real and uplifting, anyone going through a bit of a rough patch should have to read it! It reminds you of everything you are fortunate to have and is the ultimate self-love booster. I went through a rollercoaster of emotions along with Robin Wilde and came out all the better for it - I can’t wait for the sequel!!
AnnMarie Lucas
Nov 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
I hate to give bad ratings but this book really didn’t capture me at all. I didn’t like Robin, in fact i’d go as far as hating her. She annoyed me and seemed to have an issue with everything in life

• Love 'N' Marriage
  • The Singalong Society for Singletons
  • Mirror, Mirror
  • Your Roots Are Showing
  • The Plumberry School of Comfort Food
  • How to Mend a Broken Heart
  • For My Brother's Sins (Feeney Family Sagas Book 2)
  • Wilfair
  • The Replacement Wife
  • The Woolly Hat Knitting Club
  • All That She Can See
  • Emma Ever After
  • Belinda Blinked 3 (Belinda Blinked, #3)
  • The Olive Branch
  • Love in Row 27
  • It's Not All About You, Calma!
  • It Had To Be You
Louise Pentland is a British author, vlogger, blogger and internet personality.

Pentland is best known for her online work, under the title Sprinkleofglitter. She was working in a number of office roles when she began writing a craft and interior DIY blog named "Sprinkle of Glitter". In January 2010, Pentland began her YouTube channel, also named "Sprinkle of Glitter". At first the channel covered

Robin Wilde (2 books)
  • Wilde About The Girl (Robin Wilde #2)