Start by marking “Live Out Loud” as Want to Read:
Live Out Loud

Live Out Loud

I thought I'd live in silence forever . . . and then I met him.

I'll never be able to hear, but music has always been a source of comfort for me. Rather than listen to the rhythm, I can actually feel the beat pulsing through me. It's pure bliss. So the moment I saw Thorin playing his guitar, I was mesmerized. I'd never seen anything more beautiful . . . or intimate. I coul
Published May 2nd 2017 by Forever Yours (first published April 30th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Live Out Loud, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Live Out Loud

Start your review of Live Out Loud
NMmomof4
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I love the stories of one character having a disability and the other not, and them finding love in each other regardless -- and I got that here. The H was damaged from his childhood, but he was so darn sweet with the h! It might've been hinted at that he was a manwhore before the h, but he sure didn't act like it. He was all about the h from the start, and it touched my heart when he was eager to learn ASL for her to help them communicate better!

It definitely wasn't a
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really liked this book a lot. I decided to read this book because I really enjoyed the last book that I read by this author and I ended up liking this book just as much. This is a romance that just feels real which is really nice. I also loved the fact that this story is set in my hometown of St. Louis because it is really wonderful to see familiar landmarks worked into a story. This was a book that I was able to read for hours at
majo
Aug 07, 2017 marked it as dnf
dnf AT 70%

Its not me, its you.
Irene
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-by-publisher
4 stars

Live Out Loud by Marie Meter was a beautiful and heartfelt read.

The storyline was well written, the plot held my interest all throughout the book and I really liked Harper and Thorin/Thor.
I enjoyed watching them come together and get through life's obstacles. From the first meeting these two felt a connection that grew stronger and stronger. I truly loved them together.

description

Live Out Loud was a touching and heartfelt read and I highly recommend it.

*Purchase Links*

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com
Sian
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-reads, reviews
* I have been asked to give a honest review...
I 100% loved Live Out Loud. Harper was my favourite character throughout the book. Harper is deaf and is training to become a pharmacist. the book is great inspiration for people who have disabilities proving that anything is possible. Without a doubt I would recommend Live Out Loud to everyone.
Naomi
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

Marie Meyer is a new to me author, and when I stumbled upon her book I had to give it a try. I really enjoy stories where the characters have to work hard because of the communication barrier between them. Thorin had a passion for writing and making music and their connection grew as Harper could feel it through the beats of his music.

I loved they way that Thor went out of his way to prove how sincere he was at beginning a relationship with Harper. He want
Francoise
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
4.5 Stars

This beautifully crafted novel tells a poignant story of healing, hope and true love. The author wove her story with sensitivity and a great deal of talent.

Thor Kline is the guitarist of an up-and-coming rock band, and some serious eye candy! Harper King is studying to become a clinical pharmacist. Right from the start, I loved how Thor and Harper connected when they first met. They have apparently nothing in common, and yet they are able to understand one another and accept who they ar
KristaReadsRomance
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: Live Out Loud
Author: Marie Meyer
Genre: New Adult/Contemporary Romance
My Rating: 5 Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Stars!
Swooning Level: 4/5

**I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.**

Our hearts beat together and it's the loudest thing I've ever heard.

As a 26 year-old deaf women, Harper King longs to prove to everyone she's not damaged. That just because she can't hear doesn't mean she's less than. A fiery redhead with a strong will, Harper is tir

Isabella - Madly in Love with Books
I picked this one up, because I like it, when the characters had to face some kind of challenge in their life. And being deaf is one hell of a challenge in this world full of noise and chaos.

And as I hoped, I absolutely loved the female character. Harper is a strong and brilliant woman, that absolutely managed to impress me. Not only does she have troubles in this world because she is deaf, but also the relationship with her parents is really strained. When faced with another challenge, dating
S.Shade
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-books-read
I received a copy of this book for a honest review.

I loved this story. I loved the diversity between these two characters and how they overcame every obstacle that got in their way. They proved how anyone can overcome challenges in life and love as long as you are willing to put in the work and love someone despite their differences.

Harper was an awesome character. First and foremost she is deaf. Despite this fact she never let this get in her way. She is strong, works for what she wants, and do
Angie McGuire
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read

I cannot even put into words how much I loved this book. Thor and Harper needed each other... Need doesn't happen a lot in books to the point where it's true, but they really did. I loved how Thor slowly... Very slowly, opened up to Harper. It was what she needed in her life, and he needed her to breathe again. This story brings out what it means to truly fall in love with someone. I loved it.
Petra Gleason
Tense of Story: First Person
POV: Thor & Harper
Genera: New Adult Contemporary
Location: Missouri, St. Louis

Great story, good flow, loved both characters. Live Out Loud is the first novel I’ve had the privilege of reading from this author. I truly enjoyed her writing style, and I’m looking forward to reading more from her.

I won’t bore you with what’s already been said. However, I will tell you that it was good to read a sto
FS Meurinne
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First book by this author, I love this type of books and this book delivered what I always look in a good story. A great guy, a story that is very enjoyable and love. Harper and Thor are a great couple, both great characters and their story is fun to read, how they get to know each other and fall in love. The romance is sweet and lots of sexy times but not so much it is overwhelming. Looking forward for more books from Marie Meyer.
Renae
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

I loved it. As soon as read the blurb for this I just knew I had to read it and it did not disappoint.
A deaf girl falling for a rock star, had me hooked from the beginning. Thor is the best boyfriend, I love that he didn't care that Harper was deaf and how much he wanted to learn ASL for her. The epilogue was so good and so sweet.
A definite must read!!
Julie
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars... So so good! Such a sweet story!
Bec

4.5 Stars

Harper King never thought she'd find someone that could understand her, especially not someone that can hear everything that goes on in the world when she can't. Except the moment she locks eyes with Thorin 'Thor' Kline during one of his musical performances at a bar, she believes she may have found a guy that sees her for her, instead of treating her differently because she's deaf. Can Thorin prove to Harper than he is her Mr. Right, or will Harper's fears tear them apart?

What an incr
Blurb:

Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Live Out Loud by Marie Meyer
“A rarely touched kind of love story, 5 stars”

Harper is all about defying the odds. Ever since she was little people have handled her with kid gloves. Don’t do this, don’t do that. Someone may hurt you or your feelings. You may be smart but you wont make it. She’s herd it all but hasn’t let it stop her. Because she doesn’t see her deafness as a disability.
Thor is the typical bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks. He’s a musican just trying to get his break. Then
Ira
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I loved to see how Harper and Thorin connect despite everything that might stand between them. Thor's willingness to communicate with Harper, to learn how to sign made such a big difference and I just loved him for it. Oh, don't forget her friend Chloe, she is amazing as well. Even though Thor's willingness to learn how to sign meant even more to me as he is a musician, he is someone whose life revolves around music, around sound - the one thing that Harper will never be able ...more
Sharon Tyler
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Live Out Loud by Marie Meyer is a contemporary romance currently scheduled for release on April 30 2017. Harper will never be able to hear, but music has always been a source of comfort for her. The moment she saw Thorin playing his guitar, she was mesmerized. However, Thor has secrets. He's holding something back, something that's keeping the relationship from being real. Can they Harper and Thorin open up and trust each other to share the secrets they fear sharing most.

Live Out Loud is a book
Lua
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Four amazing, entertaining stars!

Well, let's start with the characters:

I loved Harper! She's relatable in tiny ways like... we both stress-eat ( *laughs sadly but tries to hide it* ), we both have a wonderful hot bestie (with the longest legs ever) that sometimes chooses a lying stupid piece of sh*it for a boyfriend (but it's ok that's what we're here for)... overall I liked her inner voice (the way she thinks and how the author portrayed it) and she reminds me of my bitch. <3
Oh and I liked that
Eva Scalzo
you don't think about how certain things are hard to convey. in live out loud one of our main characters is deaf. harper king is not completely isolated, she can read lips, she speaks asl. her closest friend has learned asl in order to communicate with her. But asl is a language that isn't easily translated into the written word. asl is about movement and shape. the author did a brilliant job of incorporating the visual aspects of asl, while also differentiating to the reader what things were sp ...more
Morwa Pal
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Live Out Loud by Marie Meyer is a novel that I couldn’t put down. I was caught in the world of silence that Harper has known for over twenty years. Actions of children, adults and her own parents have crushed her heart and soul. Thorin, or Thor, the lead guitarist in a band her roommate Chloe takes her to see is mesmerized by the way his music has Harper moving to each note of every song.
Getting to know each other is a healing and love filled challenge that Ms. Meyer has researched and explains
Emma bramley
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed

This is a contemporary romance story by this author. I really enjoyed this story, it was sweet with a different edge to it. The characters were fantastic, they had such an emotional connection. I was hooked from the first page and fell in love with the characters at the same time. I can't wait to read more from this author in the future.
Highly recommended
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book
Nicole Evelina
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-fiction
Being a hearing person, I was curious as to how Marie would handle a deaf heroine and I can now say she's done so with sensitivity and great care. As a reader, it was very interesting to explore a world devoid of sound, but yet filled with so many other ways to perceive meaning. This is where Marie particularly shines, opening the reader up to a whole new realm of perception - especially in the sex scenes. This book is HOT! Much steamier than I'm used to. But with these two characters, it didn't ...more
Nicole Ortiz
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I think the story was well written and I loved the characters. I enjoyed how the story lines flowed between both Harper and Thor's POV, and their struggle with the things going on with their life and trying to have a relationship. This is the first book I read where you have a deaf woman trying to live a normal life even though people in her life treat her different and I don't know anything about that but I think Marie did a great job showing what the struggle would feel like ...more
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I enjoyed this book. It was a story that was different and sweet. I just wished it was a little deeper. I never really felt the emotional connection between Thor and Harper. It felt like they could have used more of a "love" story. It was still sweet and I liked it, but it felt a little like something was missing.
Kate H
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy Marie Meyer's books and I think this one might be my favorite one yet. Her writing style really appeals to me and her characters are ones I am easily able to be sympathetic too and become invested in. She is an author I highly recommend and cannot wait to read more books by in the future. I am reviewing this book based on an ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.
« previous 1 3 next »

• An Act of Obsession (Acts of Honor, #3)
  • Claimed (Nightwind Pack, #1)
  • Full Measures (Flight & Glory, #1)
  • Stupid Girl (Stupid in Love, #1)
  • One
  • The Strongest Steel (Second Circle Tattoos, #1)
  • Breaking the Silence (Hard Drive Series #2)
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • Cyclone (Linear Tactical, #1)
  • Fortuity (Transcend, #3)
  • Hard As Steel (The Treehouse Boys #1)
  • Undeniably You
  • Rescuing Wendy (Delta Force Heroes #8)
  • Rescuing Emily (Delta Force Heroes, #2)
  • Stupid Boy (Stupid in Love #2)
  • Perfectly Adequate
  • A Beautiful Sight
  • Protecting Alabama (SEAL of Protection, #2)
Marie Meyer has been a teacher for sixteen years. She spends her days in the classroom and her nights writing heartfelt romances that will leave readers clamoring for more. She is a member RWA (PAN) and a 2017 RITA® Finalist. Marie's short fiction won honorable mentions from the St. Louis Writers Guild in 2010 and 2011. She is a proud mommy and enjoys helping her oldest daughter train for the Spec ...more