Start by marking “Prowler, Vol. 1: The Clone Conspiracy” as Want to Read:
Prowler, Vol. 1: The Clone Conspiracy

Prowler, Vol. 1: The Clone Conspiracy

(Prowler (2016) #1-6)

2.53  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Even a super hero's life can get boring. Double-check your gear. Patrol the city. Save the innocent. Report back to your boss, the Jackal. Wait, what? Why is Prowler working for the Jackal, not Spider-Man? What does the resurrected Madame Web have to do with it? And what has Prowler already done that may have compromised him?! Hobie Brown, a.k.a. the Prowler, may believe i ...more
Published July 11th 2017 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Prowler, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prowler, Vol. 1

Jokoloyo
Mar 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
In my childhood I had noticed this Prowler character, and I rather like him and wished him to have more role in Marvel comics. This series suppose to be answering my childhood wish, but it disappointed me.

Please don't mad at me with this low rating. I explain why:
This is a story of a tragic anti-hero, Prowler. Which is actually a good premise. But the story is rather slow and except the initial action where Prowler stop a burglary, Prowler almost in constant desperate situations in story told un
Chad
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
The really needs to be read as part of The Amazing Spider-Man: The Clone Conspiracy. The story doesn't work very well on its own. It's just little side quests that don't really matter much. I did like Jamal Crawford's art.
Caitlin
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
I wanted to read this to see more Prowler, but I definitely missed a lot by not reading the main story line. According to the description this is #1-5, but I also read issue #6. I liked how Hobie was this knock off anti-hero who doesn't know what he wants out of life, but in the context of the event it was pretty pointless.
Garrett
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I love Hobie Brown, the Prowler. During the time when I had first started reading comics - so like, 1980 or 1981 - the Prowler was a side character in Spider-Man, and some of my earliest memories of Spider-Man comics are about the Prowler. He's one of those Marvel characters like the Taskmaster - cool, but underutilized.

This is a cooler story than it is an effective showcase of Hobie, but despite the subversion of expectations, it's still good. The basic premise of New U is kind of tiresome to p
Beelzefuzz
Nov 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Another pointless collection. Every book in this collection is in The Clone Conspiracy trade, and very little of this collection makes sense without that larger context.

I would have preferred this be left out of Clone Conspiracy as it was the most dragging part of the story. Nothing in these pages enhanced the story of the Clone Conspiracy event.
Chris Gath
Aug 19, 2017
Matt
Apr 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
Collects Prowler (2016) issues #1-5

This entire collection is a tie-in to the Spider-Man event, "Clone Conspiracy." As tie-ins go, this one seemed like a huge waste of time. I'm actually shocked that they chose to start a Prowler series with this storyline because...

SPOILERS:

...the protagonist of the story in this volume is not the real Hobie Brown. It is a clone of Hobie. The real Prowler doesn't appear until some of the last pages of this collection, which means that Issue #6 of this series wil
Jacob Smithson