Start by marking “Everyone's a Aliebn When Ur a Aliebn Too” as Want to Read:
Everyone's a Aliebn When Ur a Aliebn Too

Everyone's a Aliebn When Ur a Aliebn Too

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  32,592 ratings  ·  3,581 reviews
The illustrated story of a lonely alien sent to observe Earth, where he meets all sorts of creatures with all sorts of perspectives on life, love, and happiness, while learning to feel a little better about himself—based on the enormously popular Twitter account.

Here is the unforgettable story of Jomny, an alien sent to study Earth. Always feeling apart, even among his spe
Published June 27th 2017 by Harper Perennial

To ask other readers questions about Everyone's a Aliebn When Ur a Aliebn Too, please sign up.
CastleByers No, however, it may bring us closer to finally discovering America's biggest mystery (covfefe). Also, it may be part of the illuminati. The cute part,…moreNo, however, it may bring us closer to finally discovering America's biggest mystery (covfefe). Also, it may be part of the illuminati. The cute part, though.(less)

·  32,592 ratings  ·  3,581 reviews

Start your review of Everyone's a Aliebn When Ur a Aliebn Too
Whitney Atkinson
"the comforting thing about feeling lonely is that every thing that has ever existed also knows what loneliness feels like too. you may be sad because you are sad. it is ok to be sad. but if you are sad because happiness is fleeting, just remember that sadness is also fleeting too."

This is the most wholesome book I have ever read in my entire life. It's a new favorite of all time, and definitely something I'll return to when I have anxiety. It's so BEAUTIFUL and SWEET and it's relevant and deep
chloe
‣ 25 august 2021

‣ 29 august 2022
buddy read with tess

‣ 22 september 2021
buddy read

‣ 5 july 2022
buddy read with twitch chat
Elle (ellexamines)
Guys, this is 3 1/2 star, because I have to say: read this. It's like philosophy meets self help meets a whole lot of puns. Honestly, after what happened last week, this kind of short book was exactly what the fuck I needed - Aliebn is a super short, super easy read that’s also incredibly positive.

description

The tone is this strange mix of nihilism and optimism that totally works, and though the book remains super light, it doesn't stray from dark stuff. I honestly feel like all my faith in humanity was s
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This was really sweet, but I don't feel like it was as life altering for me as it seems to have been for others :( big womp. ...more
Samantha
Mar 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Um... not my style.

Just some random motivational/ironic quotes with simple drawings that's sorta supposed to be inspiring I guess..?
April (Aprilius Maximus)
literally the most precious book in the world
Emma
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can I give this 10 stars out of 5?? This is a lovely graphic novel full of complex life truths shared in the simplest of ways. Will be rereading in the future whenever I need an energy boost!
JV (semi-hiatus)
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, graphic-novels, syfy
Everyone's a Aliebn When Ur a Aliebn Too is an endearing artwork delectably wrapped in simple copy and richly infused with existential philosophy — thick, but still soft to the bite and still pretty good while sipping a cup of your favourite tea (or coffee).

A lonesome alien named Jomny has been sent on a mission to Earth to know about humans, but what he discovers there is but a tip of the iceberg.

Soon, he learns about these extraordinary creatures — their lives, habitat, experiences, and even
Melanie Page
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is balm for a seered soul in a busy, amgry, scary world, one that demamds we nevebr mak mistakes, nevebr slow down, nevebr have doubts, nevebr trust anyome to much because they will screw us ovebr, and always no exactly who we r and wat we r doimg. Not just a cute book, but thought provokimg and helbful.
Isabella
I am just being happy that i get to feel sad.
Althea ☾
this was so thought-provoking but also immensely heart-warming and comforting

therapy is expensive, this book isn't

"everybody tells me I am too small and too slow to make a difference in this world but I am making a difference in my own world and I hope that is enough."

happiness is sometimes so simple and also so complicated
ellie
If you are sad because happiness is fleeting, just remember that sadness is also fleeting too.

This is one of the most WHOLESOME things on this entire earth. I will fight anyone who wants to say otherwise in a very un-wholesomey way because this is just one of the most pure things I’ve ever, ever encountered. I was expecting to hate it, because I’m one of those people who’s always fixing grammar issues and I saw the front cover and the title and I was like...Uhhh. But it worked. I put up with it.
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly emotional, especially if you’ve ever lost someone close to you.
Merphy Napier
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
very thought provoking and will be an excellent discussion starter for deeper subjects when my son is old enough to read it with him
David
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it
It’s hard to rate this confection of a book. It’s thoughtful and warm hearted, exploring issues around love, meaning, art, aspiration and nothingness - perfectly suited for our internet attention spans. It feels like a collection of web comics. Each page is crudely drawn as if with a thick Sharpie and typed by a fat fingered child. I liked it as a physical artifact. It’s a hefty hardback that binds cotton candy content.

PS. Loved the nod to the Giving Tree.
Mariah Roze
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
I read this book because it made it to the top books for graphic novels for Goodreads for 2017. And to be honest, I have no idea how it made it to the top. The book was super boring, with no real plot and terrible English. I never do this... but I suggest by passing this book and spending time on something better!
Calista
Where do I belong? That is the important question being asked by this little aliebn. This is cute and should be thought provoking. It is a quick read.

I do like the end. It's ok to be sad when you lose friends, as it means you felt something is the gist.
Jen - The Tolkien Gal
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, physical-book
Everything happens for a raisin

This book reminds me a lot of the Little Prince. It is a book that can be appreciated by children and adults alike, with beautiful illustrations and even more beautiful life lessons.

This little adorable piece of literature also has something to say about all of us:

Image result for everyone's an aliebn

And it's packed with humour:

This is a book that you should buy and pick up whenever you are sad - or even happy. This is a book for all occasions.

This is a book about life and death and everything in-betw
kate
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I picked this up, I wasn't expecting to find an all new favourite book but sure enough, that's exactly what I found. From the first page until the last, I was smiling from ear to ear, whilst simultaneously not knowing whether to laugh or cry. This was simply wonderful. It was heartwarming, hilarious, relatable and utterly adorable. Not only did this book have me relating to an onion and and egg, it had me relating to a hedgehog on such a deep and emotional level, I'm now questioning my enti ...more
♛ may
book #7 completed! for the reading rush, under the challenge of: "read a book you meant to read last year"

this was the cutest, depressing book i've ever read omg i wanna hug little jomny.

someone remind me to write an actual review for this bc some of these pages were so funny and and soft and sad
destiny ♡ howling libraries
"The truth is we all achieve greatness. The only difference is the size of our audiences."

That was one of the most precious, delightful, wholesome, inspirational things I've ever read. I loved little Jomny and the "humabns" so very much.
Katie Colson
Jul 24, 2022 rated it really liked it
Vlog/Review: https://youtu.be/3LtrFimU5g0

I finally get it. I saw so many people talking about this years ago and never picked it up cause it's such a rudimentary art style.

But this reads more like poetry.
It is beautiful and breaks your heart just as much as it warms it. It's about loss and growth and friends and art.

"A friend is anyone or anything who shares a life with you that you would never be able to experience without them."

"The harder it is to say goodbye to somebody, the luckier you are
Steph
sometimes the most perfecbt home is made out of the space between two hands.

oh my. this lil book is the terribly sweet, melancholy, unexpectedly deep story of an alien whose mission is to learn about humans on earth. they learn lots of bittersweet wisdom from the plants and animals of earth. it's so funny and tender and profound!!

and despite the simple art style, the adorable facial expressions are so resonant!!

there's an especially sweet part about internalizing the traits we admire in othe
Lizz
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
beautifull and quiebt and hapy an sad.
Mrinmayi
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This one was cute ,adorable and thought provoking .
Though I am still confused to write my thoughts
It's better if you dive into this book without knowing much and enjoy the experience of exploring the living world through an alien's perspective 👽👽
Avani ✨
Aug 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
THIS. WAS. SO. GOOD.
persephone ☾
Mar 22, 2022 rated it really liked it
« i am making a difference in my own world and i hope that is enough »
yes it is enough little snail 😭
this children's book got me so emotional i almost teared up
Kayla Dawn
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is so beautiful and nice and cute and all of the things
Erica
I am really verymuch way too old for this.
It gave me impatience.

However, this is something my 19-year-old niece would love. I think it should be a birthday present for her.
Diane
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a surprisingly moving and philosophical comic.

I'd first heard of everyone's a aliebn when the title showed up on a list of the best graphic novels of 2017. It's the story of an alien who is sent to earth to report on what humans are like, and the alien makes friends with different animals and plants on earth. (Animals and plants can talk, dontcha know.)

The drawings are deceptively simple — I had assumed this would be a cute, amusing story geared toward children, but instead, I found my

• Goodbye, Again: Essays, Reflections, and Illustrations
  • Fangs
  • The Tea Dragon Society (Tea Dragon, #1)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • Sheets (Sheets, #1)
  • The Tea Dragon Tapestry (Tea Dragon, #3)
  • The Girl from the Sea
  • Heartstopper: Volume Four (Heartstopper, #4)
  • The Prince and the Dressmaker
  • A Piece of the World
  • Quiet Girl in a Noisy World: An Introvert's Story
  • The Enemy (Jack Reacher, #8)
  • Mooncakes
  • Art and Fear: Observations on the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Gmorning, Gnight!: Little Pep Talks for Me & You
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Delicates (Sheets, #2)
See top shelves…
Penname of Jonny Sun

Jonathan Sun is the author behind @jonnysun and everyone’s a aliebn when ur a aliebn too (HarperPerennial, 2017). He also writes under the pen name Jonny Sun.
When he isn’t tweeting, he is an architect, designer, engineer, artist, playwright and comedy writer. His work across multiple disciplines broadly addresses narratives of human experience. As a playwright, Jonny’s work ha

Articles featuring this book

As we wrap up our 2018 Reading Challenge, we decided to ask our Goodreads coworkers a simple yet tough question: What were the...
“Hmm... Well I guess everybody tells me i am too small and too slow to make a diference in this world but i am makimg a diference in my own world and i hope that is enough” 108 likes
“we will always be with u. we internalize traits we observe in others as a way to honor and remeber them. we are all living memorials” 77 likes