Start by marking “Generation One (Lorien Legacies Reborn, #1)” as Want to Read:
Generation One (Lorien Legacies Reborn, #1)

Generation One (Lorien Legacies Reborn #1)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  3,024 Ratings  ·  381 Reviews
The first book in a pulse-pounding new series that's set in the world of the #1 New York Times bestselling I Am Number Four series. The war may be over—but for the next generation, the battle has just begun!

It has been over a year since the invasion of Earth was thwarted in Pittacus Lore's United as One. But in order to win, our alien allies known as the Garde unleashed th
Published June 27th 2017 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Generation One, please sign up.
Kira No, I just read the book and it's really about the human garde, the old characters are barely mentioned. Nine (as a professor at the academy) and Dr.…moreNo, I just read the book and it's really about the human garde, the old characters are barely mentioned. Nine (as a professor at the academy) and Dr. Malcoome are side characters and John Smith has a cameo but besides that we don't get any updates on the rest of the Loric or Adam.(less)
Irraya I believe that the series will follow a new set of heroes, the next generation. Four, and the rest of the original garde should be in the book, as…moreI believe that the series will follow a new set of heroes, the next generation. Four, and the rest of the original garde should be in the book, as teachers of the new garde. I think their role will be minimal though, and focus more on the new characters.(less)

Khurram
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I have been collecting this series since I an number 4. Progressively every book has gotten better as the series went along, after the awesomeness that was book 7, United as One, I though the series could not possibly gen any better. However in it's own was this book is every bit as book.

The book starts out to people reaction to the Invasion and the grades themselves. Now with more an more people developing Legacies/powers, public opinion is even more split. Even family members
Renan Almeida
Me: THEY NEED TO STOP DOING SPIN-OFFS. I WON'T READ THIS.
Also me: *first in line on June 27th*
P
Mar 06, 2017 marked it as anxiously-waiting
I know that the Lorien Legacies will have the sequel ! But I didn't think that it'd be this early.
I'm hyperventilating now.

Ryan Buckby
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm back in this world and i'm extremely happy with this book, it was a great first book in the continuation for this series i've come to love.

Plot: this book picks up a year after the events of the final book in the Lorien Legacies series and after the war that John and the rest of the Garde fought on earth. Now we meet a whole new bunch of characters and they are humans who have become developing powers since John released something that manifested into some of the human population. The uni
Feb 07, 2017 marked it as will-read-soon
Shelves: fav-author
there's!! an!! excerpt!! i'm!! screaming!!

WHEN, OH WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO GRAB A TIME MACHINE AND FAST FORWARD INTO JULY WHEN THIS BOOK WILL BE IN MY HANDS?

@the people who've rated this one star already even though the book hasn't been released yet because apparently they're milking the cow? HOW CAN YOU JUDGE A BOOK BEFORE READING IT? I'm sick of it.
Monica
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic! I'm ready for the next installment!
Ricky
A Lorien Legacies sequel series?

A Lorien Legacies sequel series!

My general reaction when they announced this:

And my general reaction having finally finished reading Generation One:

So. The skinny, the nitty-gritty...it looks like ol' Mr. Frey has decided to keep Pittacus Lore's storytelling career going in a slightly different form, one that borrows a bit from the Endgame trilogy in terms of style. Not so much the strange formatting with unindented paragraphs and numbers numbered out like Frey go
~Bellegirl91~
Apr 29, 2017 marked it as to-read

this USED to be me with the Lorien legacies (I Am Number Four)

description

and now with a new spinoff series, this is what I'm feeling since I was wishing for a series like this to happen after that last book of the Lorien Legacies series and my wish coming true......

description

And how I feel now that I have to wait another few months for this book.........

Suzanne
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh I love these freaky alien kids so much! I cannot wait for more books in this series. I was a late to reading the Lorien Legacies but once I started them this year I read all of them within weeks. They were so addictive! There is something about these little alien children and the new generation of the children who got powers that just leaves me so fascinated with a need for more! I was so into it that I stayed up reading the book before going to bed for my trip that I left the book by acciden ...more
Carmen de la Rosa
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amo este universo y estaba tan feliz de estar en él una vez más. La nueva pandilla es bastante divertida y va a interesarle en el futuro libro. Pero este libro sigue siendo el primer libro de una nueva serie y aunque la trama fue un poco lenta, debido a la necesidad de descubrir todos estos nuevos personajes pero todavía lo disfrute.

Como siempre, el desarrollo de los personajes en esta serie es fenomenal. Todos los personajes tienen voces tan distintas y sus propias personalidades en las que pod
Juan Manuel Sarmiento
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-5-stars
A mi pesar, y teniendo en cuenta mi relación infructuosa con la saga de Soy el número cuatro, esta primera parte en la nueva generación me ha gustado, y tengo curiosidad por ver cómo se desarrolla la secuela.
Reseña completa en THE BEST READ YET BLOG
Katie
Generation One takes place shortly after the war against the Mogadorians ends during of United as One, where a special academy is built in order to train the humans who gained Legacies during the war. A few of the characters were involved in battles during the war, as well as some new ones who are introduced for this series.

I found this book to be a very quick read, and it was enjoyable to read. The author does a good job at showing how the world has been affected by the Mogadorian invasion, as
Melissa Delport
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Flipping marvellous. I love all things Lorien, but the Earth Garde are kind of cool, and such a new spin on one of my favourite series. And now to wait for the rest - here we go again!
gelowmichael
Jan 25, 2017 marked it as lost-of-interest
NO. Nope. Nah-ah. For me, legacies should be for Gardes only. NO need to use human to be a pawn of a war for some alien invasion. I don't care if they will have powers. Just no.

photo tumblr_mfenep0GFi1rwzsbso8_400.gif

[image error]

photo tumblr_mz4osn0L0Z1sq65x0o1_500.gif
Dayla
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book. From the very beginning, it hooked me and I became surprisingly invested in the characters. It's just something about powers and adventure that really pull me in.

I never finished the original series (I think I read two of the books), but this book made me want to go back and read them--even though a newcomer could very well read this one (you just have to look up the Lorien and their history with their n
Nancy The book junkie
Review to come!
Dalziel Mapp
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
IT WAS SOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!

I do not care what anyone else says this was one of my fave books of this year. I have no idea why I love these books so much but I do and I will fight anyone who says otherwise (Joking! Well maybe)

The host of new characters this book introduced were brilliant. I already have a new fave in the form of Isabela. A total and utter badass queen who is just urgh so brilliant.

All the Cameos had me screaming and punching walls in excitement. Its so unreal as to how
Jocelyn
May 11, 2017 marked it as to-read
Can't really say that I'm that ecstatic to start with this new series spin- off after that United as One's ending ( I'm totally annoyed with it, tbh) but I'm still a fan of the Loric world so I'm hoping that this is way better than the last...and maybe the author have change his mind and I'll get to see my most fave Garde afterall, please let HIM be on this book, or I'm totally done with it! Lol
Pablito
Nov 07, 2016 marked it as to-read
Ugh. Why does it feel like they're milking it?
Ivy
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty low expectations for this book. tI didn't meet them. It was worse.

When I really think about this book, I realise I'm kind of indifferent. In fact, I'm not even entirely sure what I think. What I do know for sure, however, is that this book does not deserve anything higher than 2 stars.

The simple fact is: I COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT THESE HUMAN GARDE. MY CARE FACTOR IS ZERO. NADA. NOT IN THE LEAST (I could keep going but I'm not going to).

Not even the brief
Amanda
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: action, comedy, drama, ya, sci-fi
When I heard that there was going to be a spin off series to the Lorien Legacies series I freaked the eff out! I LOVED that series and John Smith is one of my favorite heroes. So knowing that more adventures were coming I was chomping at the bit to get my hands on it. For real… This was basically me:

Now… full honesty mode for a minute: This wasn’t the best thing I’ve ever read but it was far from the worst thing I’ve read. I think my biggest problem was that the plot itself wasn’t much to write
Jay Daroszewski
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
The diversity has been increased by TEN FOLD. So many different ethnic backgrounds, people form around the globe, and if I'm correct about Nigel's chapter with the psychologist, a possibly bisexual/homosexual rep! This writing team is doing so much already!

However, as an OG reader of the series, I have one major concern, thus why we are sitting at a 3/3.5 star rating....

TRUTHFULLY, I HAVE NO CLUE HOW THEY EXPECT YOU TO READ THIS BOOK WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL SERIES WHEN THEY WORLDBUILD SO LITTLE. No
david y biblioflick
Can't wait to read this series and its short stories/novellas, and hopefully another Lorien Legacies series (a prequel perhaps) or may be an Endgame-Lorien Legacies co-authored by James Frey.

Another reason why I stopped Dorothy Must Die. So I guess I won't read Lorien Legacies now.

Nickie
Dec 31, 2016 marked it as to-read
Supernatural

The end is never the end when money is involved. . .
John Ross
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is now officially called 'Generation One' and the cover has been officially unveiled in the I Am Number Four FB page.

This new series is called Lorien Legacies Reborn.

Update: The sequel is upon us! Fugitive Six (Lorien Legacies Reborn)

Fugitive Six by Pittacus Lore

To be released on June 26, 2018.
mar
Apr 29, 2017 marked it as need  ·  review of another edition
I need this like oxygen even though United as One was one big disappointing mess.
Mwinchester97
Really enjoyed this newest installment of the Lorien Legacies!

Pittacus Lore is back with a new cast of Garde.
We have characters such as Kopano, Taylor Isabela, Caleb, and Ran.

In different ways, they all end up at the Academy, where they learn to harness their Legacies.

Kopano seems to have a good heart.

Poor Taylor just keeps getting screwed over.

Isabela has to be probably my favorite character in this book. Even though she is sometimes a brat, she always has witty comebacks. Also I love her Leg
Lulai
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this universe and I was so happy to be in it once again. the new gang is quite fun and it is going to be interresting in future book. But this book is still a first book in a new serie and the plot was a bit slow, plus the necessity to discover all this new characters. But I still enjoy it
Nikki
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this but it really didn’t get going til right at the end. There are too many new characters and not enough explanations about what’s going on - you’re left to assume a fair bit. I’m looking forward to more though as the end held real promise about where this is going.
Lorian Legacies : Lorien Legacies Reborn 1 1 Mar 27, 2018 07:32AM
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 5 19 Mar 22, 2018 03:46PM
The Lorien Legacies: Roleplaying!!! Garde!!! 3 2 Mar 22, 2018 03:01PM
Space Opera Fans : September 2017 - Generation One 2 21 Oct 20, 2017 10:16PM
Pittacus Lore is Lorien’s ruling Elder. He has been on Earth preparing for the war that will decide Earth’s fate. His whereabouts are unknown.
More about Pittacus Lore

Lorien Legacies Reborn (2 books)
  • Fugitive Six (Lorien Legacies Reborn #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • The Lotterys Plus One
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Twilight / Life and Death (Twilight, #1, 1.75)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Thousandth Floor (The Thousandth Floor, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)
  • A Long Walk to Water: Based on a True Story
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl Who Drank the Moon
    $15.95 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • I Hate Everyone But You