Start by marking “Rock Solid (The Next Generation Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rock Solid (The Next Generation Series, #1)

Rock Solid

(The Next Generation Series #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  284 ratings  ·  55 reviews
This book is for mature audiences 18+
It contains explicit language, drug use and sexual content.

From the Author who brought you The Rock God Series, comes The Next Generation Series. A spin off including the great characters you loved from the original books.

Rock Solid? The Next Generation Series #1
Growing up as the adopted daughter of the world’s most famous rock si
Alternate Cover Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Rock Solid, please sign up.
K.E. Osborn Hi Bev,

Hi Bev,

I'm not sure on the wait as I have only just started writing it but I am hoping a couple of months and the first one will be ready. But keep your eyes pinned to my facebook page and as soon as I know I will announce it on there :)

Thanks for your question.
Kim - K E Osborn Author. (less)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Rock Solid (The Next Generation Series, #1)
Rosa Sharon (iScream Book Blog)
#Team Astonie

Being a fan of the The Rock God series, I was excited to get a taste of The Next Generation. I confess, I was expecting it to start out with the rocker kids being grown-ups already. I was surprised that the author took me back further, and showed me the life-long friendship between Aston & Annie. Their relationship first escalated when she was five and he saved her from a spider. That's when they determined to be BFF's forever. They were so sure that their relationship was rock soli
Jan
Another great rockstar read from K.E.Osborn

I've read the previous books and now love the next generation, looks like I'm going to be starting a new series.

This is a coming of age plot, kids of famous rockstars finding their own way into the business and the highs and lows of being a star that goes with it.

At the beginning of this read there is a full list of the characters and who is related to whom from previous books this was helpful but it was so well written I eased into it not needing thi
Kat
*** Gifted in exchange for an honest review***

I loved the first series about the original SLAYED band and, and was eager to read this new series which would follow on featuring the kids of the Group members.

Unfortunately I did not gel with Annie at all, I did carry on till the end but unlike others who have read and reviewed, all I could do was get annoyed with her toddler tantrum ways and my scoring reflects this.

I know she is meant to be a troubled girl, but unfortunately for me she just came
Victoria Debono
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It all started with The Rock God series and now the next generation are rocking it out too. Colt and Lia finally had their HEA and now their adopted daughter Annie has an adventure of her own. Annie is a crazy teen full of attitude and pouty moments but her best friend Aston is always there to pick up the pieces. So from Slayed comes Staked the next big thing in the music industry. They are young and talented just like their parents. Annie is lucky to have an amazingly supportive family but bein ...more
Hooked On Books
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The kids of the famous rockers of the band Slayed are growing up.

Annie is the adopted daughter of Lia and Colt. Growing up the child of famous parents is no easy task. Knowing you are adopted and your parents didn’t want you makes life extremely tough.

Annie doesn’t thinks she deserves to be loved and throws herself into her music and her band Staked. Her constant rock is her best friend Aston. He has been by her side all her life.

Aston has been in love with Annie for a long. He has been waiting
blacgold
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Spoiler alert

In tried really hard to like this story. It just doesn't make any sense. I truly sympathise with men who are unlucky enough to be attracted to this kind of crazy. The first trouble I had with the story was a heterosexual teenage girl who wasn't into boys. Not impossible but unlikely and hard to swallow. So she finally decides to give a relationship with her BEST FRIEND a try. A year in she decides he's a liar because he said he loves her!?!? Give me a break!!! No woman in a relation
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Received ARC in exchange for an honest review**

Rock Solid is a story about Annie and how she copes with life. Annie is one of two adopted children to rock star Colt and his wife, Lia. Elle, her adopted sister, Aston, her best friend, Caleb, her cousin, and Chad, a close family friend, are the members of the band Staked. This book is mostly about Annie and her life, but through her eyes we also get to see Staked and how they form and take off as a real rock band with a bright future. Not only
KFForever
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by Tracey Lou Parker on behalf of Kindle Friends Forever.

Another great book from the author K E Osborn. I was quite looking forward to catching up with the previous characters from Off Your Rocker and Get Your Rocks Off, and I wasn't in the least bit disappointed.

The next generation is exactly that. Rock Solid follows the trials and tribulations of the children of the members of the Rock Group, Slayed. Lead singer, Colt, and his wife Lia, went on to have two adopted children Annie, fon
FMR Book Grind
LEEANN'S REVIEW
4 STARS

Aston & Annie..
They have known each other since they were babies & grown up to be best friends. No matter what they are always there for each other. But as they have gotten older things have changes, feelings have changed. Hormones, lust &
love come into play.
At first, Annie comes across an absolute spoilt brat. She is the eldest daughter of a rock star and has anything her heart desires. She has temper tantrums and at times, particularly early on in the book I found myself
Books Laid Bare
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first book in the much anticipated Next Generation Series and a continuation in as much of the Rock God Series.
The book is the story of the children of the band members and they will each get their turn.
This Annie’s story.
It isn’t easy being the child of the rock god that is Colter Slade but I loved the fact that we got to follow Annie’s life through a significant proportion of her formative years.
Colt and Lia adopted Annie and by the time she hits her twenties she has been on a journey tha
Smut Hut
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the Next Generation series. The author did a great job of describing the characters and the different meanings from UK to US meanings. The book started out slow at first, but I get why the author described the past to the present as it fills in the story for us and without this it wouldn't have been as good of a book. Don't let this deter you, finish the book or you'll miss out on a great story.

This book is about Annie and Ashton they grew up together, are BF, in a ban
Cheryl
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review of Rock Solid? (The Next Generation Series Book 1) by K.E. Osborn

Review done for Hooked on Books

4 ½ out of 5 stars

The kids of the famous rockers of the band Slayed are growing up.

Jennifer Pierson
Another HUGE hit from K.E. Osborn that I LOVED! It started off with one of my very favorite, The Rock God Series, and continues with the next generation.

Annie Slade is the adopted daughter of Rock Royalty Colt Slade. She has the perfect family, best friend, and serious musical talent , but she has tons of doubt about herself. Ashton is her best friend who understands everything about being the kid of a famous rock star. They have formed a band that is quickly becoming famous. Can Annie and Ashto
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
❀ღ✿•*¨`*•.¸(`v´)¸.•*¨`*•✿.ℒℴѵℯ. ✿•*¨`*•.¸(`v´)¸.•´*¨`*•✿ღ❀
✰✰✰ 5 STAR REVIEW ✰✰✰

Annie Slade was the pride and joy from Rock God Colton "Colt" and Lia Slade. Being the oldest of their two adopted daughters, Annie was following her dad's foot steps with her own band with her younger sister, cousin and best friend Aston.

Annie has demons that chase her daily and she will have to fight them and pretend nothing is wrong like she has been pretending her whole life. Every time Aston is near her she feels
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest revuew*

Growing up Annie Slade had a pretty great life. Her father is Colter Slade, lead singer of the famous rock band "Slayed." Annie grew up around music so naturally it felt right to start a band. The band included her sister Ella, her cousin Caleb, Chad, and her best friend Aston. They called themselves by "Staked" and they are really good! Soon they get their big break and big things start happening. Annie is thrilled but can't seem
Jacquie Howard
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Jacquie / Scandalous Book Blog***
This is a spin off from the wonderful Rock God series and it focuses on the children from the band Slayed and their quest for fame in there own rights.
This book follows the lives of Annie and Ashton who have been friends since birth. We watch them growing up and trying to cope with their feelings for each other whilst trying to achieve success with the band. Annie is struggling to come to terms with the fact that
Felicia Eddy
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC for an honest review.

I have to start off by saying I love all K.E. Osborn's books, her writing is gritty and honest and her characters are real flawed people with issues that are things we all can relate to.

Rock Solid? The Next Generation stays true to her that writing style and it was a fantastic continuation to the Rock God series. The story of Annie and Aston was fantastic I cant recommend it more.

Told from Annie's POV you feel Annie and Aston's friendship grow from the time
Heather Young
4 Star review

This is Bk 1 of The Next Generation.

This story is about Annie Slade & Aston Soulding. They are the kids of Colter & Delia (Lia) Slade & Johnny & Anna Soulding. They grew up together and are the best of friends. They are also 2 members of the band Staked which is made up of kids of the members of Slayed.

This story was sweet and a great coming of age story. Annie has demons of her own that come from being adopted. "Why didn't my biological parents want me"

Aston, well he is in love t
Sassy Southern
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Bk 1 of The Next Generation.

Aston, well he is in love the Annie she j
Val
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky to win this arc and it was amazing! I couldn't put it down as it brought out so many emotions in me. This book is the children of the parents from the series Off Your Rocker? You don't have to read it to read this but it is recommended as it will make everything make more sense and you will get to know the characters.

I absolutely loved this book. Annie is the adopted daughter of Colt and Lia and Aston is Annie's best friend and son to Lia's best friend Anna and Colt's band mate Johnn
Jodie's W.I.N.E. List
I will start by saying that have not read any of the Rock Gods series but I don't know that didn't stop me from completely enjoying this book. If you are a fan of Rock Gods, you get to see more of all the characters of that band throughout this book too.

All of the members of Rock Solid have grown up together in the shadows of their famous parents. Lucky for them, they are just as talented and are able to benefit from it now.

This book focuses on Annie and Ashton. Annie is the adopted daughter of
CDBW
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!!

I've loved everything I've read by K.E. Osborn. Honestly, I wasn't too sure about this because I really liked the Rock God series. Boy was I wrong in my hesitation to read this. It was great to see how life has turned out for Colt and Lia. I was drawn in right from the prologue. I laughed, cried (boy did I cry), wanted to throw my kindle a couple times, and sat on the edge my seat in fear what would happen. My heart broke for Annie but a couple of times I wanted t
Erin
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
OMG!!! SOOO GOOOOD!!! I am still in awe of this book! I thought it started very slow, and was having trouble trying to stay with it. Further into the story I appreciated all the backstory at the beginning. Without it the rest of the story would not have been as good. The relationship between Aston and Annie is phenomenal. There is a lot of chemistry, but the story is focused more on the connection. The feels in this book were amazing. I laughed and cried with these characters. I loved the detail ...more
Kimkbries
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the Next Generation Series and is a spin off of the Rock God Series. Make sure to read the Rock God series first because not only will this series make more sense but it is an awesome series. Annie is the adopted daughter of Lia and Rockstar Colt. Her parents love her but she struggles. Aston is a son of a band member and he has grown up with Annie as her best friend. What happens when he wants more? Can she handle a change in their relationship? Add in they themselves ...more
Maria York
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And the story lives on in this book of the rock gods girls! Annie is a strong willed, smart mouth, rocker girl who loves her family and best friend Aston! But she is adopted and her mind wants to know about her birth parents!
Aston has and always will love his best friend Lennox! He's always been with by her side no matter what, until she pushes him away! When friendship turns to more can these two make it through or is Annie/Lennox to broken to mend her heart enough to let Aston love her?
Amazi
Diane
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This is the first book of the next generation of Slayed!

The kids form the band Staked!

Annie and Ashton have known each other all their lives and had their future mapped out until Ashton uttered 3 little words that Annie doesn't think she deserves.

Annie pushes Ashton away and finds that what she expects off people doesn't always come true.

Both Annie and Ashton will fight for each other after time they decide that they will need each other to survive.

Ms Osborn has written another great rock story
Alison Chewning
K.E. has done it again and created a new series that will sure be one of my favorite rock series to follow in the future. K.E. creates a very beautiful story that continues from the previous series the Rock God series that she has written before this series. I really enjoyed reading Rock Solid this will be a great series to read can't wait to read each book that comes out. Rock Solid is Annie and Ashton's story. Annie and Ashton are best friends since they have grown up together. Both of their p ...more
Line
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this book and I barely got any sleep while reading it because it is so well told and well written and it plays on all the emotions we ourselves go through in our younger lives.. Am I worthy of love, who can I trust, will my first crush last a lifetime, who am I? And so on.. And on top it made me wanna ugly cry which NEVER happens to me.. I am not one to cry over books or movies but as Annie's heart broke so did mine.

You can't help but feel all the shades of emotions that Annie
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
* * ARC given on behalf of obsessed by books for an honest review * *
ok when I think of rocker books K.E. Osborn comes to mind. This book like all the others is awesome. Aston and Annie were childhood friends and even then they had somthing special. Annie being adopted has always felt out of place and wondered if she evens deserves love. Annie and Ashton grow along hormones and things change as well as people, can Ashton and Annie realize the love that's always been there and trust it or will f
Dzintra
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
K. E Osborn has done it again. I loved the rocker series and to now be able to read what is going on with the children's is amazing. Annie and Aston are both characters that you will immediately be drawn to. They are so well developed and vividly described you will feel like a direct part of their story. This book will make you yell, scream, laugh and cry, sometimes all in the same chapter.
I simply can't wait for the next instalment.
Well done KE Osborn, another awesome read!!!

• Bad Boy Billionaire (Cocky Hero Club)
  • The Vindicated Series Box Set Books 1-3
  • Tackle (K19 Security Solutions #9)
  • Reign: A Romance Anthology
  • Phoenix Rising: Issue #2 (Pretty Boy Rock Series #2)
  • The Kings of Mayhem MC Box Set Books 1–3 (Kings of Mayhem MC, #1-3)
  • Hell on Wheels (Kings of Mayhem MC, #4)
  • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
  • Bull (Kings of Mayhem MC, #6)
  • Cocky Delight
  • Savage Kings MC - South Carolina Box Set #1
  • Conrad (Savage Kings MC - South Carolina Book Series 4)
  • Conceited Concierge (Cocky Hero Club)
  • The Complete Truth Duet
  • The Brightest Sunset (The Darkest Sunrise, #2)
  • Across the Horizon
  • The Cocky Cage Fighter Nine Book Box Set
  • Logan (Cocky Cage Fighter, #11)
With a flair for all things creative, International Bestselling Author K E Osborn, is drawn to the written word. Exciting worlds and characters flow through her veins, coming to life on the page as she laughs, cries, and becomes enveloped in the storyline right along with you. She's entirely at home when writing sassy heroines and alpha males that rise from the ashes of their pasts.

K E Osborn comf

The Next Generation Series (4 books)
  • Get Rocked (The Next Generation Series, #2)
  • Totally Rocked (The Next Generation Series #3)
  • Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree (The Next Generation, #4)