Start by marking “A Matter of Trust (Montana Rescue, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Matter of Trust (Montana Rescue, #3)

A Matter of Trust (Montana Rescue #3)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  849 Ratings  ·  240 Reviews
Champion backcountry snowboarder Gage Watson has left the limelight behind after the death of one of his fans. After being sued for negligence and stripped of his sponsorships, he's remade his life as a ski patrol in Montana's rugged mountains, as well as serving on the PEAK Rescue team. But he can't seem to find his footing--or forget the woman he loved, who betrayed him. ...more
Published July 4th 2017 by Revell (first published July 2017)

To ask other readers questions about A Matter of Trust, please sign up.
Raechel They can be read as stand-alones, but you'll get a better understanding, and more enjoyment from reading them in order, since the books leading up to…moreThey can be read as stand-alones, but you'll get a better understanding, and more enjoyment from reading them in order, since the books leading up to each book give more of a foundation of each of the characters. :) But they do read fine as stand-alones.(less)

Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
This series is so EPIC. I was pulled right into the story and felt like I was there on the mountain in the snowy powder cutting a line and dropping off cliffs. I loved the backstory between Gage and Ella, the way they connected and felt like they could be themselves with each other. There is plenty of conflict and angst as they are reunited and work together in tense and strenuous circumstances. Being thrown together again made them face parts of their past that they had tried to forget, and the ...more
Trixi
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How can a book series get any better, the characters dig deeper in your heart and make you want more like a bad addiction? I seriously don't know how this author does it!

Heart-pounding adrenaline ride from the first mention of snowboarding down the mountain. You can literally feel the spray of snow in your face, the biting cold down your neck & your stomach dropping after each jump. Gage is definitely in his element! I could not wait to meet him in this book and I was not disappointed. Flaw
Brittany
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! A simply amazing addition to the Montana Rescue series. I enjoy these stories so much!

Gage and Ella were great characters. I really liked Gage and felt for him and all that he had lost. He was such an admirable character. He pushed on, even though he carried some guilt and regret, and worked hard to help others. I have to admit that I resented Ella some when I first met her on the pages. But I quickly became a fan of hers, as well! These two were perfect for each other in so many ways and t
Madison
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it

There is something about Susan May Warren's writing that grabs you and drags you into the story. Not that I mind that one bit. Her writing is truly evocative. In A Matter of Trust, readers are taken on a wild, death-defying adventure through the snowy peaks of Montana. I could practically smell the fresh, crisp snow and feel the sharp snap of the freezing air. But don't worry, there is plenty of romance to keep you warm.

Gage left behind his life as a champion freestyle snowboarder after
Melanie
A Matter of Trust is the third book in the Montana Rescue series and it surprised me. Because of the way it started, I wasn't sure what I was going to think of the read, but I really shouldn't have doubted Warren's storytelling because as I continued reading it got SO GOOD and I didn't want to put it down.

I loved the characters and there were so many dangerous scenes in this book that I didn't know what was going to happen...so the story definitely kept me on my toes.

All in all, I loved A Matter
Kav
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nail-biting adventure high on a mountain top makes for a page turning read. You'll want to bundle up before you start in reading A Matter of Trust because most of it takes place in the frigid outdoors. Brrrrr. Mind you, having Gage around to keep you warm is a real plus. :-)

If you're familiar with this series, you've already met Gage and I have to admit to being really anxious for his story though surprised that it turned up in Book 3. I really expected Pete and Jess to take centre stage this ti
Caitlyn Santi
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fabulous addition to the Montana Rescue series!
I loved both Gage and Ella, they were both such fabulous characters! I especially loved that Ella was from Vermont, I always love it when I find connections to my home state in books!
I personally have zero interest in skiing, but I was surprised that the snowboarding scenes in this book completely engaged and enthralled me!
I loved everything about this book, as evidenced by the fact that I read it in a little over 24 hours!
A Matt
Karen
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another exciting installment in the Montana Rescue series, an action-packed story of second chances, full of faith and romance! Book three focuses on Gage and Ty, two members of the PEAK rescue team, who find themselves involved in a life and death situation in snowy Glacier National Park.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Gage and Ella's story, plus getting more background on Ty, and additional clues in the ongoing investigation from book one (and the prequel).
Gage and Ella dance around each other,
Natacha Ramos
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Now we’re talking!

This novel is awesome! I read it in one day, and I loved it from beginning to end.

I was having a good time with this series so far, but “A Matter of Trust” took it all to the next level. I’m fully committed now.

Gage is amazing. Definitely, my favorite character in the book. In the entire Montana Rescue series, actually. He’s real and always ready to help others no matter what. I can’t believe how much I enjoyed reading his story, his hopes, his past, and his dreams. I felt a sp
Cathy
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was just ...WOW!! Gage was a man after my own heart with his heroic rescues and Samson long hair. I will admit that I just wasn't overly impressed with Gage in the other Montana Rescue books but he absolutely stole my heart in this book. This book made me want to try snow boarding with the incredible descriptions of "following the line" and "slarve". Most of all it showed that God is a Father who can be trusted ALL the time. This has been a tough year for me personally as I have seen m ...more
Staci
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
This Montana Rescue Series has no shortage of action and romance. In A Matter of Trust, the main characters are Gage and Ella, however, there is a bit of time focused on Ty, Pete, Jess and Ian. Gage and Ella connect after a three year break due to her brother's risky behavior snowboarding. This novel is heavily focused on how mistakes will happen and it is how we respond to them that matter.

The best part of this novel was the final pages and Epilogue. Readers are completely set up to want book f
Abigail
*cries* I just want to curl up in a ball and cry right now. All these books leave off on a romantic cliff hanger for certain couples. It's never the main couples but always the side romances that you are rooting for. I know that one of the two side romances have their own book in two books, but I still can have a broken heart about how their romance ended in this book!!

I love how Susan writes these books. They all connect so you have to read one book in order to read the next but even though th
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I absolutely love this series by Susan May Warren. Well, this and the Montana Fire series. They are both so good. They have cross over characters that really give you a sense of community and family. Each book feels like coming home.

Just like previous books in this series, this book is full of danger and adventure set in the great outdoors. I loved the forward momentum in this story and how I was on the edge of my seat, holding my breath and white knuckled gripping my kindle for half the book.

G
Just Commonly
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"It's those we love who have the power to hurt us most . . ." (back cover)

A Matter of Trust, the third installment of Montana Rescue series by Susan May Warren focuses on the Montana Rescue Team. A team with "a country singer who moonlights as a rescuer, a billionaire cowboy hiding out in Montana after the tragic loss of his family, a snowboarder rewriting his life as a rescuer, and a war hero dedicating her life to saving civilians." (123) In this installment, we dive into the story behind Gage
Rebecca
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
"You're a good guy, Gage. I've always known that."

Gage Watson's stellar snowboarding career was upended by the lovely lawyer- turned- state- senator who spoke those very words. Found liable for a petulant teen's accidental death in a civil law suit, Gage has retooled his career by serving on the PEAK rescue team and patrolling some of Montana's most challenging slopes. Three years later, Ella Blair still has the ability to scare him, for he "never has been able to take a full breath around her"
Susan
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Susan May Warren has produced another great novel in the Montana Rescue series. For those readers who are new to the series, there is enough information given to provide the back-stories that will allow new readers to jump right in. The Montana Rescue series centers around a heroic team of search and rescue members.

The themes of grace and forgiveness are skillfully threaded in Gage and Ella’s story in A Matter of Trust. Gage and his team are called to rescue Ella’s missing brother and friend on
Raechel
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I finished this last night, and when I woke up and remembered I finished it, I was sad because that means...I'm done! And I have to WAIT till the next book comes out! So sad. *sniff*.
Official review to come soon!

**Official Review:**

This series has been just excellent. And so easy to get caught up in and then get lost in!
“A Matter of Trust” was full of adventure, danger, and a good romance.
I hadn’t previously read many “Search and Rescue” series before this one, but my was it gripping! And now I’
Denise Hershberger
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book flew by. Literally. As in a rush of snowboards and slopes. And cliffs and avalanches!

I've loved every book in this series but I especially loved this one. Gage and Ella were a wonderful pair of characters. I really loved Ella's ability to impress and keep up with Gage no matter what. I could never dream of being as brave and daring as her but loved living vicariously through her in the pages of this book.

I also loved all of the returning characters from the other books in this se
Rachael
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoy the occasional survivalist-type book, and chasing two amateur snowboarders down a massive, dangerous mountain--with the hopes of finding them before they kill themselves--definitely qualifies. I have not particularly enjoyed my experiences skiing, but the sport is much more enjoyable when experienced through a book.

Over all, it's a very well-balanced book, with intense, suspenseful adventure, romance, and spiritual themes of grace and forgiveness. I definitely recommend reading the other
Hannah
Gage and Ella are some of my favorite characters so far. I truly enjoyed the details of all the rescue ops and of how they go about finding the lost people. I still felt distracted by a lot of the other subplots, but not as much as in the previous book. The characters are all colorful and interesting, which makes it a hard one to put down.

Content: There are some minor expletives/crudities that got on my nerves a bit. There was a lot less kissing than the previous book, and I really was grateful
Becky
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
I've really been enjoying Susan May Warren's Montana Rescue series, and I think that A Matter of Trust just may be my favorite installment so far! (It's not my favorite book cover, though—that would be Rescue Me, with the upcoming Troubled Waters a close second!)

One thing that I've loved about all of the books so far—and this one in particular—is that they feature multiple romances. Sure, Gage and Ella are the main romantic pairing in A Matter of Trust, but Pete and Jess (whose romance started a
Susan Snodgrass
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When a US senator's brother goes missing, Gage Watson is tasked to save him. He's only got one problem: the bossy and beautiful young senator wants to come with them. The same woman who tore Gage's life apart 3 years earlier. Can these two learn to trust each other and, more importantly, trust God, on the snow-filled mountains where danger seemingly awaits nearly every moment?

Susan May Warren again takes us on a journey that will nourish us spiritually as she explores the depth of God's grace a
Sydney Young
Love this. Snow ❄ cold setting 🏂🗻/ 💃🏻🚶🏻hot hot 🔥 story! Definite page turner with substance, perfect summer romance read. I'm going to have to read the whole Series.

"A Matter of Trust" is just that, a book that makes you trust the author and her delivery from the beginning, while settling you so far into the story itself that you also forget the talented Susan May Warren is in the background, weaving the story of Gage and Ella as it comes alive before you.

Their story takes place during winter
Katie
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Each book in this series has gotten better. This is Gage's story (and we get a little Ty and more Pete and Jess). I am not a skier and I know nothing about skiing, however, I was never confused about all the skiing details. I found it interesting. The story itself was very fast paced with an occasional flashback. All the storylines connected and flowed. The epilogue is a teaser for book 4, which looks to be very good as well.
This is a series that will be easier to understand if read in order.

Kathleen (Kat) Smith
"No one in trouble should be worried about whether they deserve help. They need help, and that's the point."

For Gage Watson, a member of the PEAK Blackbear Ski Patrol, find the lost was just another day at work. Being a former national free-riding snow boarder, this was all that remained of his time as a champion. But that didn't mean that in the world of social media and YouTube, that younger adults didn't dream of following in his proverbial footsteps. With enough research, the things that Gag
Amy
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fast paced, edge of your seat adventure from Susan May Warren. I'm thoroughly enjoying the Montana Rescue series, that follows that risks and daring rescues of the PEAK team. It's Glacier NP, my favourite and I love reading about everything they have to tackle in this gorgeous, but so dangerous park. Being on this team requires being masters at their particular skills. In book 3 we get to discover the tragedy behind Gage's once illustrious fame as an extreme free riding snowboarder. The ...more
Jalynn Patterson
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

Champion back-country snowboarder Gage Watson has left the limelight behind after the death of one of his fans. After being sued for negligence and stripped of his sponsorship's, he's remade his life as a ski patrol in Montana's rugged mountains, as well as serving on the PEAK Rescue team. But he can't seem to find his footing--or forget the woman he loved, who betrayed him.

Senator and former attorney Ella Blair spends much of her time in the limelight as the second-youngest senat
Julia Wilson
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Matter Of Trust by Susan May Warren is a delightful contemporary Christian romantic adventure which I loved. It is the third book in the Montana Rescue series but can be read as a stand-alone. I really enjoyed catching up with familiar faces and meeting new ones.
PEAK rescue team has the mantra of sticking together and leaving no one behind. They rescue people because it is their job. They do not stop to think if they deserve it. "No one in trouble should be worried as to whether they deserve h
Amanda (Hootie) Clark
In all honesty, I wasn't really all that gung-ho about reading this book but it was a story I wanted to read nonetheless. Gage wasn't really a character that caught my attention in any of the previous novels in the series. He was sort of this fringe character, always just on the peripheral with his quiet demeanor and laid-back personality. What I really wanted was more of a glimpse of Sierra and Ian who started all this. Or the fledgling couple Jess and the newly 'Reformed Chick Chaser' Pete!

W
MJSH
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Could. Not. Put. This. Book. Down.
I just finished the book 5 minutes ago and my heart is still pounding. Wow.
The Montana Rescue series is the first series I've read from Susan May Warren. I have to say that I'm proud of myself for having read the series in order - from the prequel to this book. Each book keeps getting better and better. And now I'm fidgeting to read the next book!

Though I don't particularly have interest in skiing and/or snowboarding, the details of these two sports and freeri
I can't help be amazed at the gifts God has delighted me with - a wonderful husband, four amazing children, and the opportunity to write for Him.

I've been writing as long as I can remember - I won my first book writing contest in first grade! Over the years, writing has become, for me, a way to praise God and see Him at work in my life.

Although I have a degree in Mass Communications from the Unive
More about Susan May Warren

Montana Rescue (6 books)
  • Wild Montana Skies (Montana Rescue, #1)
  • Rescue Me (Montana Rescue, #2)
  • Troubled Waters (Montana Rescue #4)
  • Storm Front (Montana Rescue #5)
  • Wait for Me (Montana Rescue, #6)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Don't for a minute think that God has forgotten about you or doesn't have your back. And don't base God's love or desire to help you on your opinion of yourself. Base it on who God says He is.” 6 likes
“She couldn’t move, couldn’t breathe, with the sense of his gaze reaching in, taking ahold of the shaking inside. He’d always had that power—the crazy calm aura that seemed to suggest, given the chance, he could tame the world. Make the elements surrender, smooth out the rough edges of a mountain, and even teach the sky to call his name. Fearless. Confident.” 1 likes