Start by marking “Tocar el agua, tocar el viento” as Want to Read:
Tocar el agua, tocar el viento

Tocar el agua, tocar el viento

¿Es posible que una novela nos haga reflexionar sobre los límites del cuerpo y el alma, sobre la callada fuerza de la Naturaleza, sobre la imposibilidad de entender la muerte y la infinitud, sobre los anhelos metafísicos y la iluminación? Quizá Tocar el agua, tocar el viento hable de todo ello.
Mientras en 1939 los nazis se adentran en Polonia, el matemático y relojero judí
Published September 15th 2016 by Siruela (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about Tocar el agua, tocar el viento, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tocar el agua, tocar el viento

Emilio Berra
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: letto
Realismo fiabesco

Un'opera sicuramente minore di Amos Oz, risalente ai primi anni '70 , ad inizio carriera dell'allora giovane scrittore israeliano. Un testo che solo parzialmente soddisfa le aspettative di chi ama la scrittura dell'autore.
In queste quasi duecento pagine succede poco. Si filosofeggia, senza però scendere in profondità inesplorate, benché qua e là si possa raccogliere qualche perla di saggezza.
Vi aleggia un'atmosfera fiabesca, tanto che si può appunto parlare di 'realismo fiabesc
Patrizia
È un’opera giovanile di Amos Oz, a noi giunta con un certo ritardo (nel 2017).
Racconta la storia di una coppia, separata dagli orrori della guerra nazista, che dopo anni di lontananza, durante i quali ognuno dei due ha trovato il modo di continuare a vivere, unito all’altro da una sottile, tenera nostalgia.
Sono duecento pagine suddivise in capitoli molto brevi, ognuno dei quali è una scena a sé. Tanti i personaggi, spesso caricature mal definite, tante le incursioni nel simbolismo e nelle legg
Jaga
Jan 31, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A peculiar essence of everything Oz-ish - WWII, Israel, communist Russia, landscapes, love, philosophy. Some other writer would need 800 pages, Oz needs 150, but I think one has to be Oz-savvy [or open to the above-mentioned topics] to appreciate this one.
Andrew
Mar 08, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: israeli
Really tries to be intimate and political but comes up a little short on both counts.
Rick
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
An early novel by the famous Israeli writer, Touch the Water, Touch the Wind starts well but drifts quickly, losing at least this reader as it strained for Chagallian variation on magic realism. The novel’s two primary characters, a Polish couple separated by the arrival of the Nazis, survive and end up living lives apart, one in Israel and the other in the Soviet Union. Instead of learning more regarding each, why they separated, why they didn’t look to re-unite, why one tried to disappear in a ...more
Laura Antolín
Jan 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Cualquier historia que me transporte a Polonia me sirve de consuelo (yo también sobrevuelo los cielos, como los personajes de Chagall).
La "otra Polonia" tampoco me es ajena, aunque en otras novelas de Amos Oz, posteriores, los paisanajes me resultaron más documentales, pero es que ahí, en "Tocar el agua, tocar el viento" todo estaba entonces arrancando...
No lo puedo remediar: me apasionan los escritores judíos, sobre todo, los más críticos.
lou
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Lo conocí cuando José Gordon, presentando El Inconcebible Universo, lo mencionó. Creí que sería mucho más difícil de leer, pero más bien es complejo, como la vida en guerra y filosófico como la ciencia.
Es una obra entrañable, él es un ser que otorga calma aun en los terribles momentos; es el sabio de un pueblo errante, un puerto a donde volver. Ella es la fuerza, la resistencia y la esperanza del futuro, y ambos la resiliencia.
La narrativa es tan dulce, tan susurrada al oído suavemente. Ni siq
Jennifer Collins
There are passages in this book that not only swept me up, but forced me to read and re-read them, again and again, before I could move on. As ever, Oz's prose is powerful and lyrical, and his characters slip off the page and into your thoughts as if you're seeing them and feeling their emotions and their frustrations at every turn. Here, the taciturn natures kept them more distanced than usual, but they somehow felt all the more magical for it.

Simply, Oz is one of my favorite writers, and this
Wendy
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first experience of Amos Oz, and what stands out for me is the exquisite use of language, for which the translator surely deserves enormous credit. Somehow, through tiny details, which echo throughout the book, the author takes us inside the characters' lived experience. Beautiful and deeply human.
Michael sinkofcabbages
amazing, everything that you love about oz.
SilviaG
Jan 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: lecturas-2019
Tenía muchas ganas de leer a este autor, pero la experiencia ha sido totalmente insatisfactoria. No me ha gustado nada este libro. No he entendido nada. Todo eran personajes e historias que no tenían nada que ver con el argumento central. Lo he acabado solo por cabezonería, por saber si finalmente había algún sentido a todo ese caos.. .pero lamento decir que yo no lo he encontrado. Creo que este escritor no es para mí.
Polaris
Decided to move into Oz' books more or less chronologically after reading of his passing, and this early one was on the share shelf of book group. Previously, I had only read some short stories. His stories are deeply touching, no exception here, and my heart aches with each page. When I finish this one, I'm happy I will have so many more Amos Oz books to add to my reading list and will look for a good biography also.
Come Musica
Scritto molto bene, ma a livello di storia mi sembra un po’ evanescente, come l’acqua che evapora e il vento che ne disperde i vapori nell’aria.
Ruja
Nov 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: could-not-finish
So tedious, I just couldn't do it. I could read only a couple of pages at a time before realising my mind wanders off... I'm not one for easy reads but this was just too boring. Sorry Amos :(
éléa
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a book of unbalanced poetry. You read it to be magnified by the words, not to pursue a story nor its characters.
Mickey
  • Five Seasons
  • Walter Benjamin: The Story of a Friendship
  • Yosl Rakover Talks to God
  • Only Yesterday
  • Schlepping Through the Alps: My Search for Austria's Jewish Past with Its Last Wandering Shepherd
  • The Blue Mountain
  • מפריח היונים
  • There Are Jews in My House
  • The Widow Ching-Pirate
  • Alexandrian Summer
  • The Pathseeker
  • Limassol
  • Hannah Senesh, Her Life and Diary
Amos Oz (Hebrew: עמוס עוז; born Amos Klausner) was an Israeli writer, novelist, journalist and intellectual. He was also a professor of literature at Ben-Gurion University in Beersheba. He was regarded as Israel's most famous living author.

Oz's work has been published in 42 languages in 43 countries, and has received many honours and awards, among them the Legion of Honour of France, the Goethe Pr
“Al fin y al cabo, hay momentos en la vida de un individuo y de un pueblo en los que el silencio es una utilización abominable del lenguaje. No,” 0 likes
“Quiero decir que le plantearé unas cuantas preguntas. Preguntas y nada más que preguntas.” 0 likes