Start by marking “The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)” as Want to Read:
The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)

The Romeo Catchers

(The Casquette Girls #2)

Is blood thicker than magic in La Nouvelle-Orléans?

Adele scours Storm-ravaged New Orleans for the truth about her family’s magical past, tormented by the fate she condemned her mother to, and by the lies she’s forced to tell to cover it up. But every turn leads her back to the one person she’s determined to forget: Niccolò Medici. Not even the multitude of enchanted locks

Published May 23rd 2017 by Skyscape

To ask other readers questions about The Romeo Catchers, please sign up.
Madalina Miron Apparently, fall 2016 (from Alys Arden's twitter bio)
Alys Arden May 23rd, 2017! So in less than a month!

Nick
Oct 14, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
The first book is mind-blowing. I have huge expectations for this one.

ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Gemma ♕ Books_McCoy
Lisa Elizabeth
This is the kind of sequel you want. It draws you deeper into the characters, expanding relationships and the world they live in. This novel is so well crafted and complex and beautiful. It shows you the real horror of everyday post-Katrina New Orleans and what the people who live there went through. Can't wait for the third novel.
madamescozycorner
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That cliffhanger tho...

Well, I also enjoyed reading the sequel to The Casquette Girls very much. Same problems to a point with the book that I had with book one: I don't like love triangles.

But I still felt it was executed a bit differently. at parts I was really annoyed, vorherig Adele and Issac. It could have been so easy if they would just have talked about Brigitte! I felt that the search for the other coven members felt a bit dragged. But especially the finale was very action packed and ha
Jennie Damron
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book started off slow but, then reeled me in at about chapter 5. I love witches and books set in New Orleans so this series is a perfect fit for me. I enjoyed learning more about Nico's past and how he became a vampire. That fascinated me. I really like Adele as she is strong, independent and knows what she wants. I hate that this ended in a cliff hanger, I mean that's just cruel. The third book doesn't come out until January so what the heck am I supposed to do? Anyways if you like vampire ...more
Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)
Slow but worth it

I have so many feelings. The author did a pretty good job in terms of character development. The writing/diction did not disappoint either. Full review to come.

(Note: I won a giveaway of this book but this does not affect my rating/review. All thoughts are my own).
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
This behemoth of a book was freaking fantastic!! Not as good as book 1 but still a solid 5 star read! I can't get enough of this world I love all the magic and history interwoven into the series! I will say I wasn't a huge fan of Isaac's POV in this one but I adored Adele's and Nicco' parts! I can't wait to see what happens in book 3!
nancy (The Ravenous Reader)
Merci beaucoup! Alys, This book was just what I needed. The perfect combination of skilled storytelling and bewitching characters set amongst a backdrop of the city that care forgot. It is hauntingly romantic and eerie AF and you will want to read it all over again.
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
MY SHIP IS SINKING. That is the worst feeling ever tbh.
This book broke me and I cannot wait for the third book. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.
♥♥♥♥
Chelly
Holy crap! I have no words!

Yet.

Full review here: http://chellywrites.blogspot.com/2017...
Bryony
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

After reading the first book I couldn't wait to get started on The Romeo Catchers but also worried it wouldn't live up to my expectations, I was so wrong!

The Romeo Catchers starts shortly after The Casquette Girls ends with Adele and Isaac both feeling guilty over secrets they're hiding from each other. We're introduced to more magic and find out more about Isaac through his perspective.

I absolutely loved this
kerrycat
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rtbr, favorites
(I have to say that Nicco's declaration - "I love people more than anything" - reminded me immediately of Izaya in Durarara. This is important. I think.)

(I gave this four and half stars, TOP PICK, in the June installment of Romantic Times Book Reviews: https://www.rtbookreviews.com/book-re...)

Adele’s supernatural rollercoaster ride continues at breakneck speed, with shocking revelations along the bloodstained way. Rich descriptions of post-storm New Orleans as well as a variety of vivid secondar
Kim Barker
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Don't miss this book!

The Casquette Girls was an amazing book, but Alys Arden shows real growth in this sequel. She takes everything we love about NOLA and reminds us not to take it for granted. She is such a gifted storyteller and more than a little magical herself. If you're 16 or 60, this book will suck you in and steal your breathe. Just when you think you might "know" something all the rules change. I love the way she seamlessly weaves history and present day. I look forward to the next boo
Sarah (sarahlostbutfound )
This series is just phenomenal.
Whether you like vampires, witches and anything paranormal or not, you'll definitely like the book for the amazing writing and world-building.

Like in book 1, The Casquette Girls, Alys Arden manages to make the city of new Orleans a character on its own. It's atmospheric, mysterious, real, funny, and a bit broken. It always gives me a "southern Gotham city" vibe.

I also love the very different and super unique protagonists, especially Ren and Adele's dad.

Can't wait
Cecily Wolfe
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I love this series - the romance, the history, the relationships, the magic. It is so complicated and I don't know how Arden keeps it all straight in her head as she writes! It is so easy to be captivated by the story and the characters. I can't wait for book three!
Jenifer
I had high hopes for this book after the excellent set up and cliffhanger ending of the first book, however, I feel let down by this book. While I did enjoy reading it and it kept me interested I did have a few problems with it.

First - it started over at that horribly slow pacing that the first book had. It took nearly 70% of the book before any true action that kept your heart racing began. This is similar to how the first book set up.

Second - there were way too many story lines that weren't wr
J.A. Ironside
ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This did not end where I wanted it to, or rather in the way I wanted it to end. I am heartbroken. Book three had better be coming out next year and curse you Arden for making me care so much about witches and vampires again.

I really liked the Casquette girls. It was one I read on a whim earlier in the year expecting comforting familiarity. Which I certainly got mixed in with a dash of the truly strange, exciting paranormal adventure, his
Tricia
Reading an Alys Arden book is like taking a vacation. Her books make you feel like you're an actual part of the French Quarter. Completely immersive and her love of her city shines through each and every page. You end up feeling as if you are living and breathing the city right along with the characters. I absolutely adore that about these books!

bayou a drink

I loved watching the Coven come together and getting to know some new characters as well as getting more background stories from characters we alrea
Erin
I struggled with this book for almost 400 pages...The Casquette Girls ended on such a high note, but The Romeo Catchers started right back at the slow, slog that I thought that I'd already finished.

I really didn't like any of the characters...Adele was ridiculous...Issac was pathetic...

But then, wham! And the action started again...plus a new really terrible bad guy (which brought out some really great ghost stories)! I'm just not sure what took so long or how the fantastic-ness that is New Orl
Elizabella
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enchanting Alys Arden wields her Writing Wand with mighty force. Stirring the reader into her well-wielded word conjuring, this writer uses an old Vieux Carré recipe that contains precisely the right amount of purple lace, a little pinch of hope and remnant drops of blood, love and loss to her bubbling cauldron. Instantly, one’s senses are overwhelmingly overpowered by the smells of jasmine, crawfish, hot beignets, café au laits, and rain as they emit from these pages of The Romeo Catchers. As y ...more
Crystal Sorrow
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Normally the second book in a trilogy can sometimes suffer from the second book syndrome— often not living up to the first book. Alys Arden's The Romeo Catchers did not succumb to this curse! Much like her first novel The Casquette Girls delivered an amazing plot, characters we wanted to hate but yet couldn't, characters we actually hated. The Romeo Catchers also delivered several twists and turns that left her readers in shock and surprise.

The Romeo Catchers paced very well and I had a hard ti
Alexis
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
* I received this as an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion*

OMG!!!!!! This book was fantastic! I enjoyed it, not as much as the first but it was still amazing!!!! I loved the fact that we got to see issac's POV. I will admit the first half of the book was kinda boring, it took a while to really get into it. But man that second half killed me. Sadness, rage, hate and frustration but all in a good way. I was on the edge of my seat while reading!!! My question now is, is there gonn
Lisa
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA and Adult readers
The Romeo Catchers is everything The Casquette Girls was and more! It's an odd feeling to realize that you miss characters from a book once you've finish reading it. It's a great gift from an author when they give you characters and places that can charm you so completely and draw you so deeply into their world that you realize you are holding your breath in your world. Alys Arden is one of those authors and I am grateful!
Missy
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book from Alys Arden. Alys just transports you to New Orleans and makes you feel as if you are standing there with the characters going through everything they are. What more could you ask for in a book? Well if you want ghosts, witches, deception, and a love triangle then this book has everything you could possibly want. I would highly recommend this book to anyone.
Jaime
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!! I absolutely loved this book as much as I did The Casquette Girls. Alys Arden has a magical way with words. They draw you and, the next thing you know, you're walking the streets of the French Quarter, on your way to meet up with Adele.

Questions from book one are answered, but there are always more. I for one cannot wait for the next book!!!
Nicole
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow....just Wow!!! Just finished, I did not want to put this book down. Can not wait for book three!!
Katrina
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it!! I haven't been this enthralled with a book since I was a teenager reading Anne Rice. Brava, Ms. Arden!!
Nicole (FearYourEx)
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
David
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid sequel to The Casquette Girls. Set in a storm-ravaged New Orleans, Adele learns more about her powers of witchcraft while growing closer to Isaac, a fellow witch, who is in town helping clean up after the storm. She also begins to share dreams with Nicco, a vampire she locked away in the Ursuline Convent at the end of the last novel. While all of this is going on, a mysterious new witch comes to town, apparently hunting for Nicco. This sparse description admittedly doesn't do justice to ...more
Myalee  Williams
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Such a magical, historic, adventurous book series. The author did an amazing job making this book vibrant. The story gave me so many mixed feelings! I felt sadness, intrigued, heart warming and magical. I did get bored during Nikko’s past, hopefully it follows up in the future. I felt attached to Issac, his character kept me wanting to know more. The ending left me unsatisfied, it is what made me give this book a lower rating. It left me asking myself but WHY?? I have more questions than answers ...more
  • See How She Fights (The Chronicles of Izzy, #2)
  • Love's Shadow (Brothers Maledetti #2)
  • The Highlander's Vow (Loch Moigh #4)
  • Bayou Scar
  • Collecting Isobelle (Book 3--Highlander Time Travel) (A Muir Witch Project)
  • Hoodoo
  • A Properly Unhaunted Place
  • Cool Hand (Bite Back, #4)
  • High Lonesome Sound
  • Rain (Blackwater, #6)
  • Voodoo Butterfly (Voodoo Butterfly, #1)
  • Lucretia and the Kroons
  • Nevermore
  • Cougar's Mate (Heart of the Cougar, #1)
  • Blood Riders
  • How [Not] to Kiss a Gargoyle (Cindy Eller, #5)
Alys Arden was raised by the street performers, tea leaf-readers, and glittering drag queens of the New Orleans French Quarter. She cut her teeth on the streets of New York and has worked all around the world since. She either talks too much or not at all. She obsessively documents things. Her hair ranges from eggplant to cotton-candy colored One dreary day in London, she missed home and started w ...more

The Casquette Girls (3 books)
  • The Casquette Girls (The Casquette Girls #1)
  • The Cities of Dead (The Casquette Girls, #3)
“I love how quickly you've both warmed up to petty crime as a solution to our magical dilemma.” 1 likes
“What does one wear on the first day of work at a psychic tearoom?” 1 likes