Start by marking “Tempted by the Gargoyle (Boston Stone Sentries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tempted by the Gargoyle (Boston Stone Sentries, #1)

Tempted by the Gargoyle (Boston Stone Sentries #1)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  191 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Meet your perfect match this Saturday night—or your perfect match for the night.

The eclipse of the red Supermoon sends crowds into Boston for an evening hyped up for a night of passion, one not to be missed. Boston police officer Larissa Riley wants nothing to do with the media-driven event, but her friend convinces her they need a night out after all they've gone through.
Published October 17th 2016 by Lisa Carlisle

To ask other readers questions about Tempted by the Gargoyle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted by the Gargoyle

*Avonna
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Check out all of my reviews at: http://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

TEMPTED BY THE GARGOYLE (Boston Stone Sentries, #1) by Lisa Carlisle is the action packed, sexy hot novella length introduction to the paranormal world of gargoyle shifters that protect the human world. If the rest of the series is as well written and imaginative; this is going to be the “new” paranormal series to follow.

Larissa Riley is a Boston police officer who is still trying to deal with being present at the Boston Marathon bo
 Rosebud
Larissa Riley has never been the same since the Boston bombing. Being a cop during that time was traumatic. So many lives affected. So many deaths. Sleep is not her friend as she still relives the events in her dream thinking, wondering if there was anything she could have done differently.

BFF Janie talks Larissa into going out on the town during the eclipse of the red Supermoon. A night to kick up their heels and enjoy being attractive single women in a town full of eligible single men. A nigh
Allie
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Omg! Omg! Let me start by saying that! This book is exactly what I have been waiting for! They say you should never judge a book by it's cover, but when I saw the cover to Tempted by the Gargoyle, I had to email the author, who graciously sent me a DRC.

Not only is this one of the most romantic and genuine books I've read this year, it was literally painful to have to put down. I laughed, I smiled, I screamed, I even caught myself saying "This is the best book I have ever read.". Not once but twi
Lisa
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for a honest review and here it is, I honestly love this book it keeps you wanting more. The reading is amazing Lisa keeps you wanting more, keeps you cheering for the good guys / girls.
Myst
Jul 05, 2017 added it
that was interesting...
though not much about the aftermath with the cops.
Love how her friends supports her with no hiccups on her abilities nor the fact she could be a witch. Maybe she will meet her grandma next book?
Ingrid Stephanie Jordan
Reviewer: Ingrid Stephanie Jordan
Genre: #PRN  #Gargoyle
My Score:   #5Stars☆☆☆☆☆
♡•°•♡•°•♡•°•♡•°•♡•°•♡•°•♡•°•♡•°•♡
     Wowzer I'm in love with this author, she had me hooked from the beginning  and there was no way I was putting it down.(believe me my grandsons will not starve) but I on the other hand will die if I don't find out what's go on, the suspense may doing me in. The ch
Donna Hokanson
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gargoyle, Demons and witches
Larissa Riley (Cop) has been isolating herself from the night life ever since the Boston Marathon Bombing where her best friend got hurt. Said Best friend, Janie convinces her to go out on the night of the Eclipse of Red Super moon. She gets her to go by telling her she has been practicing dancing and you can’t see her limp when she dances.
Roman – Gargoyle Commander Get a weird vibe from Larissa and her friend so he decides to follow them. But there is more to just a
Deb
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Fiction Adults 18+
Omg! What an awesome, captivating PNR romantic suspense must read with smoking hot gargoyle shifters & a unique storyline that will keep readers engaged and pages turning! Once I started, I was glued to my seat & did not want to put it down! So I read it all in one afternoon :D Great characters you can relate to & amazing descriptions will pull you into the story like you are there! I also loved the memorial to the Boston Marathon victims :D ... Even tho I volunteered to read an adva ...more
Raina Collins
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Larissa is the type of woman that would protect anyone even at risk of her own life. So it is no surprise that she is a cop. But after the Boston bombing she lost herself and only her job mattered. Roman is also a protector, but he is also a gargoyle shifter. Both know there is something different about the other, but it may take some demons to make them realize it.

I love that Larissa's character really shows depth. We get to see into her and how devastating the bombing was. And I'm glad the au
Boundless Book Reviews
Let me start by admitting I may have a slight bias; Paranormal Romance IS my favorite genre. Having said that, I absolutely loved this book! The story was typical of this genre, but I loved the uniqueness Carlisle gave it. The characters are well developed, each with personality that allows every reader to relate to at least one character.

Overall, I found Tempted by the Gargoyle to be well written, entertaining and fun; very easily, a 4 Boundless Star book. I look forward to ready more from Carl
Sheryl
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic story that will grip you from the beginning until the end and not let go. It has action, drama, revenge, romance and heartache all rolled into the pages of this book. I am not going to describe anything because it would contain spoilers and I do not like spoilers so let me just say that this book is another gargoyle winner for the author.

I am voluntarily leaving my honest review of this book.
Misty
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Amazing characters, fast paced engrossing plot, and off the charts chemistry. Loved it all and highly recommend
Sheila
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tempted by the Gargoyle
Boston police office, Larissa Riley, is haunted by the Boston Marathon bombing from a couple years ago. She has trouble sleeping and with relationships. Work has become everything to her. She lives and breathes for work. Her best friend, Janie, talks her into a ladies night out on the town. Larissa has a bad feeling about the eclipse of the red supermoon. The whole town will be alive with media and party-happy people. There is a folktale circulating that you could find you
Gladys
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found this to be an extremely enjoyable book and an enticing start to this series. With a developed storyline and complex characters, this book quickly pulls you into this world and ensures that you are fully invested in the characters. This is a shifter series that offers a unique flair as the main focus is on gargoyle shifters. The hero and heroine, Roman and Larissa had amazing chemistry and for me I thought they matched perfectly. They had so many things in common but also some big differe ...more
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
In Boston people are out looking for some fun on the night of an eclipse with a super blood moon....or something like that. Larissa's friend Janie convinces her to go out dancing. Roman is part of a gargoyle plan that is patrolling for any trouble caused by the eclipse. The two meet up, sparks fly, Larissa is super special and the key t defeating the invading demons...and that's kinda how fast it happens. Not a lot of world building or development, just things happening. The writing was also rea ...more
Sherry Vitaniemi
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Name calling

Larissa has never picked up a guy. But something about Roman. He just calls to her. She has always been a little different. But having Roman call her a witch. Well to her it was same as being called a bitch. Well until he tells her why. Then things get really interesting.
Caryn
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
GREAT ACTION!

I loved this story and hope to hear more from Larissa and Roman! The storyline was well written and enjoyable! The hot sex wasn't bad either and wasn't the main focus of this book. Demons, Gargoyles, and witches! This story has it all!
Deborah
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
He's Knows She's Different

A night out with her best friend and she's feeling like something is going to happen. She's not looking to meet and pickup someone but things don't always go according to plan. This is a fun hot read. Enjoy I did.
Stacy
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

What an engaging book. I loved Roman and Larrisa. I want another book with their story. This book is very good. I hope Lisa Carlisle makes this a complete series. Loved it!
Mae Hanley
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters
The story had some interesting plot points, but I felt they were a bit underdeveloped.
Still it was entertaining.
Blue Rose
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Gargoyles are good

I really liked this story. The characters were good, the setting was a standout choice, and the writing style was enjoyable.
Caroline
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Not too shabby. Hopefully there will be a follow up book so we can find out what happens with the police in the aftermath and also hopefully we get to meet Larissa's family.
Tina
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tempted by the Gargoyle is the start of the Boston Stone Sentries series by author Lisa Carlisle. I really loved this one a lot there is action, adventure, and romance all rolled into a book I could not put down.
Larissa is a Boston police officer. She is high strung, and a wee bit guarded to say the least. She is a strong character. I like a strong female lead and she is that. She has her moments where I am like no don't do that! But over all she is the kind of character you would want on your
Tammy Nitschke Sokol
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!!!!

So thrilling, action packed, and romantic. I can't wait for more. I hope we get more from these two!! Plus, hey, it's Boston, cops, and gargoyles.....
dawn bennett
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I really liked this book. It's keep the feeling of being linked between the two. The two together make a whole against the demons constantly helping one another.
Edith
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tempted is Temptation Incarnate!

Tall, strong and with wings! Roman is the epitome of a guardian, a sentinel. Leading a group of Gargoyles in Boston .
Larissa is a Boston P.O. She was there when the bombs went off during the Marathon. She almost lost her best friend that day.
That this book is a romance is a given. That it dealt with PTSD, showing different symptoms by the afflicted touched me deeply. Because Larissa, like so many military personnel and first responders has just that. Yet like so
Pam
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nonstop action. I loved this book. Larissa and Ramon's relationship was exciting to watch. Very fast paced, but believable. I loved Janie's courage. I would love to read more about these characters. Very nicely done. Some editing issues, but did not distract from the story. Too short. So exciting it left me craving more.
Keoki Ki`Ili
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blood Moon

The supermoon in Boston was going to bring out all kinds, what no one knew until too late was it was bringing out demons as well. The gargoyles were out in force but the demons took them by surprise, and it's only with the help of an unknown witch that they are able to send the demons back.
Ana
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another new Gargoyle series, I love Ms Carlisle's Gargoyles, she makes an ugly beast into the hottest hunk! I love Gargoyles!

Roman is Commander of the Boston Stone Sentries, gargoyles tasked with protecting humans from evil be it human, or supernatural. He takes his position very seriously which is why when he senses something strange on the night of the Red Moon, he feels it his duty to investigate her and what he finds is more and better than he anticipated. Now he has to find a way to convinc
RetiredHsMom
Enjoyable Read

This was the first book I have read from Ms. Carlisle and the first gargoyle book that I have read. Both get a thumbs up from me. Ms. Carlisle's writing is well-done and easy to read. I only bookmarked one editing issue. There may be some I missed, but nothing jumped out at me interrupting the story.

I liked both the main characters Larissa and Roman. I felt a believable connection between them. I admit that briefly I wanted to smack Larissa for her foolishness, but it didn't last.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
USA Today bestselling author Lisa Carlisle loves stories with dark, brooding heroes and independent heroines. She’s honored to be a multi-published author writing in different genres since she’s wanted to be a writer since the sixth grade. For much of her professional career, she’s written non-fiction — but she’s discovered writing romance is the most fun. Her romances have been named Top Picks at ...more
More about Lisa Carlisle

Boston Stone Sentries (3 books)
  • Enticed by the Gargoyle
  • Captivated by the Gargoyle (Boston Stone Sentries, #3)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)