Start by marking “Tequila & Tailgates” as Want to Read:
Tequila & Tailgates

Tequila & Tailgates

(Country Road #2)

Four years ago, I took the biggest risk of my life and it blew up in my face. I learned my lesson – love sucks.

Now self-preservation and protecting my heart have become second nature. But Jameson Strauss... he's my weakness.

Give me the occasional shot of tequila, a game of Truth or Dare, and I’ll do almost anything for that man.

Four years ago, I didn’t follow my heart. I
Published January 2017 by Andrea Johnston

To ask other readers questions about Tequila & Tailgates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tequila & Tailgates

Courtney
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Tequila and Tailgates is the second book in Andrea's Country Road series and it can be read as a standalone. However, we do have updates on the couple from the first book so if you want to know about their story, go back and read Whiskey and Honey first, then come read this one.

"Truth or Dare"

I enjoyed this sweet and sassy story. Jameson and Ashton have grown up beside one another; he's her brother's best friend. Yes, I know this cliché is starting to run its course, but I liked Andrea's tak
Hanne
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
The second book in the Country Road series brings us Jameson and Ashton’s story. Jameson is Ben’s (Whiskey & Honey) best friend. Ashton is Ben’s little sister and Piper’s best friend. I liked this book a lot. I’m happy that the series isn’t over after meeting some secondary characters.

Jameson and Ashton grew up together and became great friends, until one hot and one passionate night a few years ago changed everything between them. They didn’t have one civil conversation since, but there is
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

Andrea Johnston when new to me when I stumbled across book one in the Country Road series... and since I loved it so much, grabbing up this sweet little book was a no brainer. And once again, Andrea wowed me with her storyline and wooed me with her words.

Tequila & Tailgates is a standalone novel that is going to steal your heart and have you begging for more. This book was sexy, sweet, fun, enticing, intense at times, and passionate. Full of heart and heat, Andrea gives her readers
Bff Book Blog
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-rated-reviews
Tequila & Tailgates killed me with the sweetness and the steam! Both of the BFF’s loved Whiskey & Honey, the first book in the Country Road series. And as much as I adored Bentley (the hero of W&H) I’m pretty sure Jameson ranks just above him on the book boyfriend scale!

Jameson and Ashton have history. And there are reasons why they’ve shared little more than insults in the past few years. Their pasts are revealed and you get an understanding of why there is so much choppy water und
Mandy
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jameson had my heart in Whiskey & Honey (which I LOVED) But he really got me in this book. I absolutely love him. And I adore Ashton also, I was looking forward to her story so I could see what the reason behind her keeping her guard up was. I highly recommend this book. It's SO good!
Marieke (Marieke's Books & Books and Tequila)
Tequila & Tailgates is actually my first book by Andrea Johnston. It’s the second book in ‘the Country Road Series’ and tells the story of Ashton and Jameson. In the previous book – Whiskey & Honey (I read it shortly after this book) – you feel something between the two of them, and Tequila & Tailgates gives us their story. I love it.
“Somewhere along the way, I fell in love with you. No, that’s not true. I fell a long time ago but I ignored it.”

Ashton and Jameson have known each ot
Kate Farlow
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Y'all. This book.
5 Stars!

I am flippin' over the moon about this book y'all! Now, I was a bad girl & read Tequila & Tailgates before book 1 (Whiskey & Honey) BUT I never felt like I was missing anything. If anything, it MADE me want to W&H ASAP!

Y'all. What can I say about Ashton & Jameson other than {insert HEART-EYE emoji}? Yeah, that pretty much covers it. They are just that good. I love that Ashton is so prickly- I can really relate to that!

"Insufferable a**hole. Of cour
ToniAnn Papa
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book! The characters are amazing. The characters are well developed. Ashton and Jameson have the perfect back story. They have their differences but from the beginning you knew it was love. They both have a complicated past that makes you wonder. Jameson and Ashton suffer from broken hearts that only they know how to fix. Andrea did it again!
D.B.
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Full of so much sexiness.
Jameston is perfect. I love them!
Andrea has done it again. Well done, my friend. Kudos.
Debbie
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhhhhhhh with each book I read in this series, I think *THIS* is my favorite couple. And then I read another one.

Ashton & Jameson. They've know each other since they were kids. Ashton is a bartender at Country Roads and, much to her dismay, is back living with her parents. Jameson is a few years older, owns his own business, and well, let's just say, he's popular with the ladies!

They seem to have a love/hate thing going on and you know there's more to the story!

A tree falls into Ashton's f
Erin Hurst
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-b-b
Great book! I enjoyed the book from the start. I love a story with a strong minded funny woman. Ashton needs a place to stay and her longtime friend Jameson has a spare room. Years ago they hooked up and each believes the other regretted the night. Ashton has built a wall around her heart to protect herself from that kind of hurt again. We follow the story of the 2 trying to fight their feelings for each other. Will love prevail or will it end their friendship?
Jeanene
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a cute, quick read that leaves you feeling warm and fuzzy❤❤❤ ...more
Jill
Apr 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love

A best friends brother and second chance romance. I really enjoyed Ashton and Jameson's story. Hoping to read more about the country road gang soon.
Christina Del Moral
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Andrea once again sucked me into her story. Love how sassy and quick witted Ashton is, but she has her sensitive side that no one sees. Jameson is not only cocky and devilishly handsome, but has a huge heart when it comes to his family and friends. Seeing these two push and pull at each other, because they are so stubborn they don't see whats right in front of their face was like pulling hair. You wanted them to finally see to that they loved each other. Awesome story!
Kristen
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jameson had my heart from the beginning. I think he stole it a little in Whiskey & Honey (READ THAT BOOK TOO!!) Ashton is strong and stubborn. The two of them together is OFF THE CHARTS! It's always amazing when the second book in a series is just as good as the first. This is a must read. #TeamJameson #Benisstillswoonthough
Heather
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
The slow burn between Ashton & Jameson was perfect. You don't know why they are always bickering but soon find out. Their friends all know something is or was up between them and are ready for the tension to stop.
After reading the book the cover is pure perfection as is the title. I can't wait for Owen's book.
Dawn
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good game of truth or dare. I absolutely loved this faux hate to love slow burn. Andrea knocks it out of the park once again. Her characters and stories are engaging and I honestly am having a hard time putting this series down. I took me 24 hours to devour this book. A MUST read.
Amber Behnke
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steamy!

I loved these characters more than Ben and Piper. Ashton and Jameson are so freaking hot together but they get each other. They can only be their complete selves when they are together. Love reading their journey!
Sandra
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tequila and Tailgates is a second-chance, friends to lovers, slow burn that I almost gave up on. Thank goodness I didn’t! Ashton and Jameson are such likable characters. Ashton has been angry at Jameson for 4 years, ever since he left her alone the morning after her 21st birthday and a night neither of them has forgotten. Even when she’s being bitchy to Jameson, it was easy to love Ashton. She’s funny, sarcastic, loving, loyal, and she fell in love with Jameson a long time ago, way before they f ...more
Lora
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cant wait for book 3

I love this author and this series it is so much fun this book squeezed my heart and made me laugh
Crystal Andrews
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jameson sounds so amazing

It can be so hard to give someone a second chance with your heart. It can also be so hard to finally give in and listen to your own feelings. Denial is such a strong emotion! So are fears, insecurities, and deflection... I love the way Andrea tells a story. She can really make her characters come to life and stick with you. This girl has an AWESOME way with words & I NEED all of them!
Rachael
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tequila might make some women's clothes fall off, but not Ashton's. At least, not anymore. Ashton and Jameson are a pair with heavily-guarded hearts, so being able to read about their journey to find love was a pleasure. I understood where both were coming from. They're extremely similar, yet built their walls in different ways. I loved that they were always there for one another, always drawn together, even when they tried to convince themselves it was wrong. If your heart speaks it, it can onl ...more
Nightbird Novels
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
When a tree damages the house Ashton Sullivan has been living in (with her parents) she has to find temporary housing. Unfortunately the only place that makes sense is her brothers BFF Jameson's place.

Jameson Strauss has been on Ashton's bad side since a little misunderstanding they had four years ago. If the want to live together in harmony, their pet names for each other may need to be retired and they will have to call a truce.

But the close quarters, the tentative truce and tequila may bring
Shannon
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These stories and characters...

These stories and characters are being more and more endearing. I'm loving them so hard right now!

I could totally relate to Ashton and her fears, no matter how unfounded. Jameson is such great guy and his fun nature is refreshing.

Nothing good ever comes from doing tequila shots and playing truth or dare, except when it does.

Okay! Grab this book and fall in love. I'm off to read Martinis & Moonlight!! See you in the next review!!
Cassidy
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a fun friends to enemies to lovers romance, look no more. This book has a country feel to it. The heroine is fun and sassy. The hero is very swoon worthy. I enjoyed reading it.
Aubrey B3 Book Blog
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First off, the anticipation for the release of Tequila & Tailgates was intense. I read Whiskey & Honey and fell in love with Ashton's sassiness and sarcasm. She's a woman after my own heart. When I found out that she and Jameson would get their own story, I may or may not have begged Andrea to publish it sooner than she wanted. Okay, I did. I totally did.

In Whiskey & Honey, we met Ben and Piper. Ashton's big brother, and her best friend. We also met Jameson. There were hints to somet
Marika
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ohhhh...I love me some Jameson lol
This is the story of Jameson and Ashton..and it was certainly fun to read, full of chemistry and great banter.
Jameson is Ashton's brother best friend..and small town and same friends means they are around each other a lot. Except for one night, they both keep going as they were doing..minding their business and all..until Ashton goes to live with Jameson.
Those two are mad lol..it's funny and kinda crazy, cause the chemistry is there and so is the want..but they
Brittany Johnson
She does it again!!!

I loved Jameson and Aston! Their chemistry was smoking and their feelings for each other sweet and just plan obvious to everyone but them. I about bursted with glee when said chemistry hit the fan. Get ready for a great emotional roller coaster with old characters and new!
Jen
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yay! Another brother’s best friend book! These are seriously some of my favorite books to read. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of this trope. It just always gives me the warm fuzzies. Even though I didn’t find my happily ever after with one of my brother’s best friends (and trust me I tried!), I love the idea. Tequila and Tailgates is the second in Andrea Johnston’s Country Road series. I didn’t read the first book, Whiskey and Honey, but I didn’t get lost at all. This can definitely be read as a ...more
Lauren Barrows
Shelves: 2017-top-books
***MY FIRST 5 STAR READ OF 2017***

Also FIRST book added to my favorite books of 2017!

Where do I begin? First off, I feel in love with Ashton in Whiskey & Honey and kind of felt like she was my spirit animal. I could not WAIT to get my hands on Tequila & Tailgates because I had to know what would happen with Jameson and Ashton in their book. There was some awesome tension in W&H, but it does not compare to the tension that Andrea Johnston weaves into T&T. The story telling and wr

• Switch Stance (Charitable Endeavors, #1)
  • Feels Like Home
  • Anywhere But Here (Anywhere, #1)
  • We Are the Stars
  • Proper Irish (Jaded Lily #1)
  • Inevitably You (Brookside Romance, #2)
  • Exception
  • Book Boyfriend
  • Waiting to Fall (The Waiting Duet: Book 2)
  • Troubles (Beekman Hills, #1)
  • Kandace and the Beast
  • The Art of Us
  • Forgetting You, Forgetting Me (Memories From Yesterday, #1)
  • Start Over (Start Again #2)
  • Love Between Enemies (Grad Night, #2)
  • An Uphill Battle (Southern Roots #2)
  • Things My Husband Says (Out of the Blue #1)
  • Losing My Religion
Andrea Johnston spent her childhood with her nose in a book and a pen to paper. An avid people watcher, her mind is full of stories that yearn to be told. A fan of angsty romance with a happy ending, super sexy erotica and a good mystery, Andrea can always be found with her Kindle nearby fully charged.

Andrea lives in Idaho with her family and two dogs. When she isn’t spending time with her partner

Country Road (4 books)
  • Whiskey & Honey (Country Road #1)
  • Martinis & Moonlight (Country Road #3)
  • Bourbon & Bonfires (Country Road #4)